Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

well they're probably going to get hit with shooting at the cops who were trying to apprehend them as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

RuanGacho posted:

Good, this should be exactly what they're nailed for.

Whats the sentence on that?

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

Grem posted:

About 25 minutes back in Pete's stream Pete is talking about getting everyone out of the refuge, he's in total retreat and I hope the rest are too.

I really loving hope nobody decides to loot/trash the place as they leave. I'm sure a good number of artifacts are already destined to show up on e-Bay already.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Volkerball posted:

who's to say they were even going to be apprehended at the traffic stop? this is 100% happening because shots were fired there.

Assuming preliminary reports are accurate that the stop was federal state and local all at once they probably were going to be apprehended. A little more coordinated than a traffic stop. Combined with road blocks and presence at the hospital it suggests a coordinated operation.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Grem posted:

About 25 minutes back in Pete's stream Pete is talking about getting everyone out of the refuge, he's in total retreat and I hope the rest are too.

Oh lol I just got to the part where whoever he was on the phone with said no one is leaving. gently caress me Pete was the weakest of the bunch.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

evilweasel posted:

and charged with a federal felony, they're going away for a long time

so now that most of the leaders have been caught/killed. what will happen to the grunts at the compound. I assume they will try to either run or fortify themselves.

size1one
Jun 24, 2008

I don't want a nation just for me, I want a nation for everyone

Annointed posted:

Watch them get a slap on the wrist

Please tell me I'm wrong :smith:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/372

quote:

18 U.S. Code § 372 - Conspiracy to impede or injure officer

If two or more persons in any State, Territory, Possession, or District conspire to prevent, by force, intimidation, or threat, any person from accepting or holding any office, trust, or place of confidence under the United States, or from discharging any duties thereof, or to induce by like means any officer of the United States to leave the place, where his duties as an officer are required to be performed, or to injure him in his person or property on account of his lawful discharge of the duties of his office, or while engaged in the lawful discharge thereof, or to injure his property so as to molest, interrupt, hinder, or impede him in the discharge of his official duties, each of such persons shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than six years, or both.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.

Volkerball posted:

well they're probably going to get hit with shooting at the cops who were trying to apprehend them as well.

Yeah one of those idiots opening fire (presumably it was just the one idiot or they'd all be dead) is going to screw them for a long time.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Oh man the exact charge I linked like a hundred pages ago when people insisted this was just misdemeanors in a cabin.

i'll vouch for this.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
What do you know, it turns out they didn't bring guns to a peaceful protest, they brought them to use them, who in this world would have ever thought that.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Cliven's never going to see his children free again, all because of the poo poo he pulled for national attention a few years ago

It's too funny for words

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
So is Santilli in custody, or is he still running around livestreaming?

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!
e: wrong post

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Assuming preliminary reports are accurate that the stop was federal state and local all at once they probably were going to be apprehended. A little more coordinated than a traffic stop. Combined with road blocks and presence at the hospital it suggests a coordinated operation.

that report xandu posted explained it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Yeah, if charges are already being pressed doesn't that suggest this was all planned and they were ready to make the charges? It sounds like they just took the opportunity of them all leaving the place together so they could isolate the key group from any other guns/hostages.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

evilweasel posted:

one's already dead dude

I meant the rest, I'm sorry but if they do get their just desserts, I will be more than glad. I don't want a repeat of last time around.

Oh thank you for posting that everyone, I feel much better, knowing that they will be put away and hopefully no one inoocent got hurt.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Epic High Five posted:

Cliven's never going to see his children free again, all because of the poo poo he pulled for national attention a few years ago

It's too funny for words

Hopefully he gets to hang out with them in prison.

size1one
Jun 24, 2008

I don't want a nation just for me, I want a nation for everyone

Xandu posted:

Yeah one of those idiots opening fire (presumably it was just the one idiot or they'd all be dead) is going to screw them for a long time.

Has this been confirmed anywhere? It seems just as likely that they got lit up for just reaching for a gun.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Abner Cadaver II posted:

I really loving hope nobody decides to loot/trash the place as they leave. I'm sure a good number of artifacts are already destined to show up on e-Bay already.

Pretty sure that would illegal and Ebay wouldn't take them. All depends on if they know who the seller is.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

evilweasel posted:

and charged with a federal felony, they're going away for a long time

Today is a good day, indeed. :dance:

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Has that other county's sheriff always spouted sovcit rhetoric?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Dapper_Swindler posted:

so now that most of the leaders have been caught/killed. what will happen to the grunts at the compound. I assume they will try to either run or fortify themselves.

bagging the leaders like this is a really great way to deal with them: the leaders are suddenly gone and they now have the fear of actual consequences

I'd expect a lot to slink away

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Finicum is dead.

I wish I knew how to embed tweets :/

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.
I don't know if there's a federal murder statute or not, but the legal concept of felony murder (someone dies as a proximate cause of the commission of a felony) means that everyone one of these rear end in a top hat can get hit with a murder charge for their buddy getting 86ed by the task force. Which would be some amazing schadenfreude.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Telsa Cola posted:

Whats the sentence on that?

"each of such persons shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than six years, or both."

e: beaten.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
From the feed, people are saying that Ryan Ammon (lol) is dead, and that Pete is in jail.

my dad fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Jan 27, 2016

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

size1one posted:

Has this been confirmed anywhere? It seems just as likely that they got lit up for just reaching for a gun.

'Shots were fired' is all anyone knows

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Lavoy and Ryan were shot. Ryan Ammon is Dead.

TARPMAN IS INJURED.

suburban virgin
Jul 26, 2007
Highly qualified lurker.
The lifetime movie about what a salt-of-the-earth, True American Patriot the dead guy was is already in casting. Don't worry about waiting for the police to release his name, we can add that in post-production.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

my dad posted:

From the feed, people are saying that Ryan Ammon is dead, and that Pete is in jail.

what feed

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Not sure this applies since an AK was used today.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, if charges are already being pressed doesn't that suggest this was all planned and they were ready to make the charges? It sounds like they just took the opportunity of them all leaving the place together so they could isolate the key group from any other guns/hostages.

Yeah, I think they planned this to grab the leaders away from everything else safely.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

Epic High Five posted:

It's too funny for words

I hope the delay was due to the feds getting all their ducks in a row and just before dawn we see a massive raid on the bundy ranch.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
OMG at 19:00 Pete is literally begging with Blaine to get the kids out of there and Pete loses his poo poo at Blaine obviously says something along the lines of wanting to stay and fight.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Wait, the guy who died wasn't identified right? Could it be Ritzheimer? Cause that would be great.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

my dad posted:

From the feed, people are saying that Ryan Ammon is dead, and that Pete is in jail.

@JohnLGC says it's Finicum that's dead. Ryan Ammon isn't even a real person!

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Mr Interweb posted:

Wait, the guy who died wasn't identified right? Could it be Ritzheimer? Cause that would be great.

Ryan Ammon is dead. Finicum tarpman is injured.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Grem posted:

@JohnLGC says it's Finicum that's dead. Ryan Ammon isn't even a real person!

He shouldn't have left the Tarp.

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug
Any infinitesimally small amount of credibility that the Bundys may have had remaining among right wingers has just evaporated away, most likely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Pete Santilli Show Youtube comment section. Yes, I know, but there's a couple of people recognized by the moderators as friends and relatives, so...

• Locked thread