Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

CommanderApaul posted:

Is this the same guy who's wife drove 16 hours to Arizona with the fake judge to kidnap their kids back from CPS?

No, that was Blaine "Jesse Ventura" Cooper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Hollismason posted:

Wait they've just been letting them drive back and forth from the compound?

Yep. For weeks. That is why there are children in the compound.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lycus posted:

They're gonna use it to slip away.

The barrel is ultimately inferior to the cardboard box

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Does anyone have any idea how the shootout actually started?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Salt Fish posted:

You have mental illness. Get therapy.

I know, damnit.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Hollismason posted:

Wait they've just been letting them drive back and forth from the compound?

Yep, but seems like it was a pretty good idea now given how easy it made it to grab the leaders.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
What. the. gently caress.

they've just let them drive unimpeded all over the goddamn place ?

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug

evilweasel posted:

they're trying to claim he was shot after he surrendered so expect to hear about that for a while, hopefully everything is on video

Finicum was no angel, I hear.

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

evilweasel posted:

Yep, but seems like it was a pretty good idea now given how easy it made it to grab the leaders.

And bring in their kids

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Tarp Man was the one who said if the cops tried to arrest him he wouldn't go alive, right? Seems like that might explain some of what happened there.

Loss of life is bad. There are innocents who loved him. There's someone who has taken a life who has to live with that. A bad person has lost a chance to make good. It sucks but at least it sounds like it was isolated to the guy who was courting it and may have caused it.

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost

Hollismason posted:

Welcome to the thread lmao

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

Hollismason posted:

Up until now anyway. And as I recall, someone did get pulled over for driving a truck they stole from the refuge.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Lol, just lol at any suggestion they shot him just to do it.

If they wanted to grease them all they could have and articulated garner criteria easily.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Every single one of these militants deserve to be loving executed, no trial. Just shot point-blank in the loving head after they're captured, surrender or no.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Oil of Paris posted:

Welcome to the thread lmao

People stopped being surprised at this like 130 pages ago.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

LeoMarr posted:

Ryan Ammon is dead. Finicum tarpman is injured.

Wait, so is it Ryan or Ammon? Which one?

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Hollismason posted:

It was just to give them a false sense of security, so they didn't have to be goaded out whenever they decided to strike!

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

STAC Goat posted:

Tarp Man was the one who said if the cops tried to arrest him he wouldn't go alive, right? Seems like that might explain some of what happened there.

yes

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Apoplexy posted:

Every single one of these militants deserve to be loving executed, no trial. Just shot point-blank in the loving head after they're captured, surrender or no.

How very reasonable of you, Something Awful Forums poster Apoplexy.

Mr Interweb posted:

Wait, so is it Ryan or Ammon? Which one?

Neither.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

Apoplexy posted:

That would be Waco times a thousand.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Apoplexy posted:

Jesus gently caress no. That's loving barbarism. They deserve to go to jail.

Jesus.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Apoplexy posted:

Everyone deserves a trial, hth.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
We should crucify them outside the Bundy ranch.

Amish
Nov 26, 2004

Murder is on the menu.

Apoplexy posted:

I looooooooooove death.

Hopefully the rest of them just decide to gently caress off after they realize the FBI means business now and their cosplaying shenanigans could get them killed. Just nobody else dead, please.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Apoplexy posted:

Let's dial back the bloodlust a little. I hate these assholes as much as anyone, but I'm not going to be howling for their deaths. Arrests, sure, but not slaughter.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I hate those goofball chucklefucks and their moronic fake cause as much as anyone, but the police report saying they shot first deserves as much scrutiny as we would extend to a black man shot dead in Harlem. Seems very premature to be so cavalier about an incredibly tragic incident.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Exile them to Somalia so they can have the government free paradise they desire.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

ozmunkeh posted:

That would be Waco times a thousand.

My god

Waco,oo

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Does Oregon have a felony murder rule? I don't think the Feds have one, but depending on Oregon's statutes they may all be guilty of bringing about the guy's death.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Apoplexy posted:

gently caress off.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

ashpanash posted:

Jesus gently caress no. That's loving barbarism. They deserve to go to jail.

Jesus.

yeah. they are scum and if they had all opended up on the cops, i would have been ok with them dying, but arresting them is better.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

fsif posted:

I hate those goofball chucklefucks and their moronic fake cause as much as anyone, but the police report saying they shot first deserves as much scrutiny as we would extend to a black man shot dead in Harlem. Seems very premature to be so cavalier about an incredibly tragic incident.

They have literally gone on the record as saying they would rather die than go to jail so the feds did them a favor imo

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Apoplexy posted:

Justice is these guys going to jail for 6 years and living off state compassion, not dying.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

STAC Goat posted:

Loss of life is bad. There are innocents who loved him. There's someone who has taken a life who has to live with that. A bad person has lost a chance to make good. It sucks but at least it sounds like it was isolated to the guy who was courting it and may have caused it.

11 kids, apparently? Man.

I'm very curious to hear about exactly how all this went down. Really hope the cameras were rolling.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

fsif posted:

True but I might not have as many doubts if said black man spent almost a month straight telling reporters how awesome its gonna be when the police shoot at him and he guns them down.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

fsif posted:

I wanna see dash and bodycams of everything.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

fsif posted:

To be fair these are the same people vowing that they would, in fact, shoot first if given the chance. My sympathy towards them is quite low even if I recognize them as sapient entities.

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!
e: ^^^^ :argh:

fsif posted:

Unlike any given black person in Harlem, these guys have previously made public statements about their intent to use deadly force if the feds tried to arrest them. I hope for the sake of their convictions that the entire stop was recorded and the police line is accurate.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit
The FBI is reminding all the militants out there that it can loving end you whenever it drat well feels like it. It's a really good PR move on their part frankly. Let's hope it scares the bajeezus out if everyone at the refugr, because it sounds like the FBI is flat out warning them to amscray before the strike team hits. And it the Fed means loving business this time.

Prester Jane fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Jan 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Apoplexy posted:

I think they should go to Jail

• Locked thread