Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx
Thank you for that link- trying to rewind it. As a side note: this on repeat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uUZCgDMoxY

Jacobin fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jan 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

size1one
Jun 24, 2008

I don't want a nation just for me, I want a nation for everyone

STAC Goat posted:

I'm watching this recorded Santelli video and its absurd. Santelli is freaking out yelling "No one has to die! Calm down FBI! Its time to go! Its over!" Like, what the hell did you think you were doing here? How did you expect this poo poo to end?

If anything shows what full of poo poo cowards these guys are its this video. I mean, I'm glad they're not actual martyrs who would take lives for it but gently caress, man. "We got arrested and the crazy guy who said he'd never be taken alive is dead!" Ummm... did you just arrive here? "There's kids up there!" Yeah, you put them there.

It isn't all that surprising that the biggest blowhards are nothing but hot air. Especially Santelli, he seemed to flee the refugereport from the town everytime something was about to go down.

The problem is that there were an unknown number of people willing to fight, and the possibility that they would encourage or force others to fight too.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
for a refresher

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Pete stream saying that the cops told them Pete's getting the same charges as the rest :toot:

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Feed is saying the cop told them Santilli is being charged with the same thing as the others. I don't trust a word they say as being accurate, but please let that be true. :allears:

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I just saw the news.

Praise loving Jesus.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

kartikeya posted:

Feed is saying the cop told them Santilli is being charged with the same thing as the others. I don't trust a word they say as being accurate, but please let that be true. :allears:

Please, please, please. I'd like to see him cry and wonder how this happened.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
watching the stream. seems they have decided stand their ground. also they are spinning the shooting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVWykMKiOjU

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Shakenbaker posted:

Pete stream saying that the cops told them Pete's getting the same charges as the rest :toot:

I don't understand. If he's been apprehended, how is he livestreaming?

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

BaurusJA posted:

VS, I know you're mad about this and I am too, but the loss of life is always sad.

Is this as outrageous as Brown, Garner, Rice, etc? Probably not, but its still sad

I was being kinda jokey but these group of people make it their hobby to run around destroying wild life preserves and ruining places in natural parks while threatening to kill anyone who stops them. I kind of have a vested interest in 3 of my family members not getting gun downed by the white version of ISIS.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Mr Interweb posted:

His buddies are running the stream right now. Pete got taken in a while ago.

Also Blaine is saying that they're going to stand their ground apparently. gently caress.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Mr Interweb posted:

Its a recording. I think his minions kept recording. I'm pretty sure I'm currently watching him get arrested on the recording and its oooooh so good.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

From the feed, the woman said:

"I talked to Blaine, Blaine said they're going to stand their ground, they're going to die there."

Please let someone have got the kids out. It doesn't sound like it though. HURRDURR I WILL LET MY KIDS DIE IN A SHOOTOUT, FATHER OF THE YEAR.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
i just heard on santilli's dead gay stream a woman claiming that the dead one was unarmed and doing "hands up don't shoot" lmao, these people.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

kartikeya posted:

"I talked to Blaine, Blaine said they're going to stand their ground, they're going to die there."

Please let someone have got the kids out. It doesn't sound like it though. HURRDURR I WILL LET MY KIDS DIE IN A SHOOTOUT, FATHER OF THE YEAR.

If they don't let their kids die how will they show the world exactly how evil the government is?

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Jacobin posted:

Can someone link me the Santelli stream?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVWykMKiOjU

stream - "They were unarmed!"

" being constantly armed everywhere was kind of their thing wasn't it"

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Jagchosis posted:

i just heard on santilli's dead gay stream a woman claiming that the dead one was unarmed and doing "hands up don't shoot" lmao, these people.

Yeah, who the gently caress was there to see it that could even make that claim?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

kartikeya posted:

Those poor kids.

Any apologists still think they are peaceful protesters and not domestic terrorists?

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug
Are there still children at the refuge? What are the odds that the hardliners are preventing others from leaving?

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

I don't want to see anybody die.

I do want to see all of their property be subject to civil forfeiture laws.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Jagchosis posted:

He was no angel.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
What timestamp on the Santilli stream is he getting arrested?

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

UV_Catastrophe posted:

Are there still children at the refuge? What are the odds that the hardliners are preventing others from leaving?

Yes and so far 100% it looks like.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

-Zydeco- posted:

stream - "They were unarmed!"

" being constantly armed everywhere was kind of their thing wasn't it"

I'm sure this was the day they left the guns at home.

Seriously, what the gently caress is wrong with these people? THIS IS WHAT YOU JUST SPENT THE LAST MONTH ASKING FOR, YOU ASSHOLES! YOU KILLED THAT GUY! YOU MADE KIDS INTO HOSTAGES!

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Going to be super double hosed up if the foster kids who were kidnapped back from CPS are involved in a now more amped up armed standoff.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

So what does Oregon's felony murder statute look like?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Vahakyla posted:

What timestamp on the Santilli stream is he getting arrested?

Go back about 25 minutes.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

TheMadMilkman posted:

I don't want to see anybody die.

I do want to see all of their property be subject to civil forfeiture laws.

Aren't half of these guys in foreclosure or bankruptcy anyway?

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

kartikeya posted:

Given that they were bragging about using women and children as their props/shields in event of a shootout, it does not look good.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
There's a WW2 museum in Oregon I wonder if they have Flame Sherman, KV-8, or Crocodile.

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.

Ogmius815 posted:

Co-participants don't count, so it's unfortunately off the table.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I'm sad finicum died but I'm more sad he died believing he was right. Oh well have fun on your personal tarp planet you idiot.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

I'm all for the same level of scrutiny and investigation that I want in all police involved shootings or deaths.

But we have some more context here than we usually do so it helps us see a little more of the likely picture. But still, the investigation should be made.

Yeah I don't mean to suggest that this is an exact parallel to unarmed black men (and boys) being shot down by city police, but it's premature for us to just take "they shot first" at face value. I agree it's much more likely these guys did indeed start a serious altercation, but I don't think it's enough to take the police's word for it without serious investigation.

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx
Ice cold man... ice cold

https://twitter.com/LesZaitz/status/692192301490311171

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Ogmius815 posted:

Posted it on the last page. Looks inapplicable under the facts as we know them.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
The flame sherman btw was often referred to as "Atlanta's" lol

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

fsif posted:

Yeah I don't mean to suggest that this is an exact parallel to unarmed black men (and boys) being shot down by city police, but it's premature for us to just take "they shot first" at face value. I agree it's much more likely these guys did indeed start a serious altercation, but I don't think it's enough to take the police's word for it without serious investigation.

I mean, they should be innocent until proven guilty, but I learned through speaking to Ammon's neighbor that he stole a pack of cigarillos when he was 14. So, he's no angel

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Aren't half of these guys in foreclosure or bankruptcy anyway?

Probably.

It will be interesting to watch other charges roll in. I guarantee the conspiracy charge is just the beginning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/michele-fiore-gun-christmas-card

This is the dumbfuck pushing the "hands up don't shoot" line btw

Also of "I'll go to Paris and shoot Muslims myself" fame

You know just your average western / southern republican state legislator.

• Locked thread