Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Brony Hunter posted:

Fracture is also pretty good at pre-30 for some DPS classes. It'll certainly make your "rotations" in low level dungeons less boring as a Lancer or Archer.

Hearing the fracture sound as an archer when you fire an arrow off is really satisfying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
Funny that the current thread topic is Fracture, because I was debating its usefulness with my FC yesterday.

Apparently WARs that have the Skill Speed to pull it off like to stick it at the end of their triple Fell Cleave combo during Berserk. Personally though I value my Crit Rate and Determation too much to pump up my Skill Speed just for one extra hit during Berserk, and I really don't want to change my endgame set after I've nearly finished it. Supposedly an extra hit in Berserk is tight timing with 550 Skill Speed, and I'm barely passing 480.

I might try for it after tomestone gear gets materia slots in 3.2, but right now I really don't want to be arsed.

Warren posted:

Ultros friend! Do you know of Ymar? Cause holy poo poo that guy.

Is there a way to disable the other hotbars when using a controller or am I poo poo outta luck on that front?

Vadoc posted:

I'm on Ultros too.

Oh good, so I'm not alone. I go by Skullcrusher Mountain in-game.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Mine sock overfloweth.

Stupid Thok weapon wouldn't drop :(

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i haven't played since like 2 weeks after HW launched, is pvp still dumb and bad?

edit: let me clarify: if it is still dumb and bad, do i still need to wait 9 hours for queues to pop?

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

pvp in this game was never not dumb and bad

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
yeah but i was just wondering if the math on it taking like 14,000 hours including queue times to get the dumb bear armor for my warrior had changed

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

yeah but i was just wondering if the math on it taking like 14,000 hours including queue times to get the dumb bear armor for my warrior had changed

Ranking up is twice as fast as it was at launch, though Wolf Mark acquisition hasn't changed. If you're on Primal, Aether or Chaos, there are additionally weekly community events for Wolves' Den every Friday Night, which will give you extra challenge log exp. As far as the basic Bearsmaw set goes, doing the daily roulette will give you between 1/3 and 1/2 an armor piece worth of marks each day, and you're looking at maybe 40 or so games of seal rock for the visible pieces.

Also PvP is fun and good.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

ilifinicus posted:

pvp in any game was never not dumb and bad

Welcome to MMOs

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I just got through tanking Dzemael Darkhold. This seemed like the first dungeon they took the gloves off and let us have it, or was my group all noobs kinda in la la land? We finished it but that first section kicked our rear end pretty bad.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

LethalGeek posted:

I just got through tanking Dzemael Darkhold. This seemed like the first dungeon they took the gloves off and let us have it, or was my group all noobs kinda in la la land? We finished it but that first section kicked our rear end pretty bad.

Bit of both, really.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

LethalGeek posted:

I'm assuming you were aware that the purple floors make you take no damage from the Ahriman's big AoE?

Griz
May 21, 2001

if you and the healer aren't really undergeared/bad you can just pull everything to the right side of the last room and aoe it all down.

I think I've had more wipes on the second part than the first because of dumbasses who fall off the edge or accidentally pull two more packs trying to dodge the frog aoe.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Niton posted:

I'm assuming you were aware that the purple floors make you take no damage from the Ahriman's big AoE?
I figured that out pretty quick, the rest not so much :sigh:

Griz posted:

if you and the healer aren't really undergeared/bad you can just pull everything to the right side of the last room and aoe it all down.

I think I've had more wipes on the second part than the first because of dumbasses who fall off the edge or accidentally pull two more packs trying to dodge the frog aoe.
We died a ton there too cause somehow more crap kept showing up, I'm trying to grab it all, and then some frog squishes me dead.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
So I replaced my phone without taking the authenticator off my account and now I'm not sure I can get back into my own account because the authenticator requires a Registration Password, which I can't get without logging into Account Management, which I can't do without a Registration Password to make the authenticator work oh god

help please

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Why didn't you save your emergency removal password? Contact support.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Leal posted:

Welcome to MMOs

pvp is really loving good in BnS

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

SL the Pyro posted:

Funny that the current thread topic is Fracture, because I was debating its usefulness with my FC yesterday.

Apparently WARs that have the Skill Speed to pull it off like to stick it at the end of their triple Fell Cleave combo during Berserk. Personally though I value my Crit Rate and Determation too much to pump up my Skill Speed just for one extra hit during Berserk, and I really don't want to change my endgame set after I've nearly finished it. Supposedly an extra hit in Berserk is tight timing with 550 Skill Speed, and I'm barely passing 480.

I might try for it after tomestone gear gets materia slots in 3.2, but right now I really don't want to be arsed.

Not sure if we met each other in passing, I go by Bryngar Outlawe in-game. There are a few others as well but never managed to get in contact with them and probably eventually transfered to Excalibur by now.

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day
Is there a way to quickly target something to interact with and hit "Yes" on the dialogue box that comes up if you're playing on mouse and keyboard? Everyone I play with blazes through that stuff except me because I'm trying to click on it underneath a bunch of names and then waiting for the box to appear so I can move my mouse over to wherever the "Yes" button is.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

jellycat posted:

Is there a way to quickly target something to interact with and hit "Yes" on the dialogue box that comes up if you're playing on mouse and keyboard? Everyone I play with blazes through that stuff except me because I'm trying to click on it underneath a bunch of names and then waiting for the box to appear so I can move my mouse over to wherever the "Yes" button is.

Num 0

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

jellycat posted:

I forget what it's called but I think it's "Interact" or some such in keybinds. Rebind that to F or other readily available-to-left-hand key and blaze through text boxes. It also acts as a "select nearest interactable object" bind so you can for example open doors in dungeons by just walking in front of one and tapping F twice, where first key press interacts and the second selects Yes in the dialog box.

This works pretty good in combat as well, for example in Neverreap where you have to physically carry items out of boss's AOE attacks.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

jellycat posted:

Default is Numpad 0, using your arrow keys lets you pretend you're using a D-pad.

Alternatively, if you're trying to click past a bunch of other poo poo, hold down X to remove all that poo poo and leave only interactables clickable.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Digital_Jesus posted:

Mine sock overfloweth.

Stupid Thok weapon wouldn't drop :(

It's weird to think we started at the same time. I was actually a level too low to tackle Lady of the Vortex when it first popped up. And my catboygirl is back to looking like a stripper instead of all that cool matching gear.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

SL the Pyro posted:

Ideally you want to actually hit that fracture before your third cleave so that it ticks with the crit bonus.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Looking to get back into this. Have there been any major QOL changes to machinist? I started one on HW release but quit at 65 because it was just so janky.

Trying to figure out which dps class I want to level to 70. I have everything to at least 15.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

SonicRulez posted:

It's weird to think we started at the same time. I was actually a level too low to tackle Lady of the Vortex when it first popped up. And my catboygirl is back to looking like a stripper instead of all that cool matching gear.

Glamour is the real endgame. I can't speak towards PBC or TPT but DGKK has an entire tab of the company chest dedicated to glamour prisms and bird customization items.

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Default is Numpad 0, using your arrow keys lets you pretend you're using a D-pad.

Alternatively, if you're trying to click past a bunch of other poo poo, hold down X to remove all that poo poo and leave only interactables clickable.

Thanks to everyone who answered my question and thanks for this tip, too! I've accidentally hit the X button a few times but I never thought to use it in situations like that. I'll have to figure out a key to rebind interact to when I get home.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

m.hache posted:

Looking to get back into this. Have there been any major QOL changes to machinist? I started one on HW release but quit at 65 because it was just so janky.

Trying to figure out which dps class I want to level to 70. I have everything to at least 15.

Max level is 60, dude.

mutantmanifesto
Nov 6, 2004

Wilson: Why don't you buy your canes at a medical supply store like a normal cripple?
House: Fewer bitchin' choices.
I'm sure this has been answered time and time again in this thread but if somebody can quickly lay this out for me, I'd be very appreciative.

I started playing on PC with base and expansion as an Au Ra. I want to be able to play cross platform. Do I need to buy both base and expansion on ps4 to even use my character? What will happen if I try to log in on my ps4 with only the base purchased/ installed?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

jellycat posted:

Thanks to everyone who answered my question and thanks for this tip, too! I've accidentally hit the X button a few times but I never thought to use it in situations like that. I'll have to figure out a key to rebind interact to when I get home.

Tell you the truth, I learned to use this trick double-quick after the first wipe on Keeper of the Lake's last boss.

FaintlyQuaint
Aug 19, 2011

The king and his men.
Grimey Drawer

mutantmanifesto posted:

I'm sure this has been answered time and time again in this thread but if somebody can quickly lay this out for me, I'd be very appreciative.

I started playing on PC with base and expansion as an Au Ra. I want to be able to play cross platform. Do I need to buy both base and expansion on ps4 to even use my character? What will happen if I try to log in on my ps4 with only the base purchased/ installed?
You can't be an Au Ra without the expansion, and you can't log in to your character if it's in a Heavensward zone and you don't have the expansion installed.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

FaintlyQuaint posted:

You can't be an Au Ra without the expansion, and you can't log in to your character if it's in a Heavensward zone and you don't have the expansion installed.

Basically the Au Ra thing makes a base PS4 install useless to you. Otherwise if you were a ARR class in an ARR zone you could do stuff, but I think it downsyncs you to 50.

mutantmanifesto
Nov 6, 2004

Wilson: Why don't you buy your canes at a medical supply store like a normal cripple?
House: Fewer bitchin' choices.

FaintlyQuaint posted:

Ok, luckily I'm not far in. Time to start over with something compatible with base! My husband and I have $20 ps store credit as a gift and figured we'd each pick up a copy of the base while it's on sale. Thanks!

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Tortolia posted:

Glamour is the real endgame. I can't speak towards PBC or TPT but DGKK has an entire tab of the company chest dedicated to glamour prisms and bird customization items.

I will get there one day. What's up with the picture everyone is posting in front of the spinning light thing? Is that some kind of Proof of Endgame?

Also, a question. On my PS4, my FFXIV clearly says Heavensward, but I know it's not. I couldn't make an Au Ra. Is Heavensward an Add On I can patch in later? Because I'm looking at the store and all I see is the Heavensward Standard Edition for $40. But like...surely the expansion isn't $40, right?

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Yes the expansion is $40.

Log into your mog station and you'll see quickly if you have the xpac or not, but if you can't make an au'ra you know the answer already.

The base game is $20. $40 for the xpac is basically standard and not unreasonable at all, at least not with the amount of poo poo to do in it.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
So trying to grind up levels doing lots of duty finders for the Stone Vigil because I like the dungeons I think they're fun. got into an all pubbie group and we go into a big pull. This is like my 3rd run of the day. Every other tank I've done this run with pulls one giant dragon away, we mob that one dead then take the rest of the room.

This pubbie tanks runs in, gets swamped, my cures and cure 2's just can't keep up and we wipe. The tank starts with that passive aggressive "I've done bigger pulls with no healer issue" so I just counter "Well I've healed bigger pulls with no tank issue" and we go back and forth for a bit before we carry on.

At this point then I just forget about Cleric Stance and just focus 100% on healing because I'll be damned if this dude with no situation awareness is going to try and blame me again. This tank is doing such big pulls and taking so much damage that my Cures keep pulling mobs off of them and on to me. But what ever that just means less curing I have to do on the tank and more chance for the tank to take them off me.

Then we get to a point where we fight three giant dragons in a pull. We take out two of them no problem at all then the tank just starts sprinting forward leaving me and the two DPS with this big rear end dragon. The dragon keeps changing aggro from the DPS to me depending on who's doing the most damage/healing and I'm working my rear end to keep us alive while the Tank starts another pull two rooms down.

Tank finally realizes that I'm not healing him and we're not with him. He runs back to us, dragging his entire Ice Sprite mob with him. He died like as soon as he joined us but we still managed to save the fight. Luckily he kept his mouth shut after that happened and we were able to finish the dungeon in peace.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Tortolia posted:

but I think it downsyncs you to 50.

It does not. At least out in the world, not sure about instances with sync off though.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Tortolia posted:

TPT's FC chest is set up in much the same way. Glamour crystals of every kind, bird fruits, krakka root, and i115 crafted weapons

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i haven't played since like 2 weeks after HW launched, is pvp still dumb and bad?

edit: let me clarify: if it is still dumb and bad, do i still need to wait 9 hours for queues to pop?

Seal Rock loving owns but queue times have been horrible lately and your enjoyment will most likely depend on which GC you're in (lol @ flames on Primal)

Tirrock
Mar 28, 2010

m.hache posted:

Quick reload went from 30 second cooldown to 15, which gives the class an extra 40 potency a minute in damage, plus the 100% chance to go to the next hit of the combo.

The job plays pretty much the same from level 52 on and the quick reload change didn't really change how the job plays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

jyrque posted:

Max level is 60, dude.

Just got off a D3 stint. Numbers mixed in my head.

Tirrock posted:

Quick reload went from 30 second cooldown to 15, which gives the class an extra 40 potency a minute in damage, plus the 100% chance to go to the next hit of the combo.

The job plays pretty much the same from level 52 on and the quick reload change didn't really change how the job plays.

Good to know. I'll probably end up leveling up my BRD just so I can get back into the swing of things.

• Locked thread