Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

sparatuvs posted:

"isn't it wild that the people who were here since the beginning ran scattered."

hmmm

that says something

I'm pretty sure the original occupiers were all pretty chickenshit, but some of the followup recruits have been literally insane people, and that's most of who is left

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The "Crisis Actor" people are latching on to the talent release forms.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Dehry posted:

The "Crisis Actor" people are latching on to the talent release forms.

yeah, a couple of the people saying this are too good to be fakes.

that's a great outcome - it means they're heavily discredited AFTER their prison time as being secret government collaborators.

MAN I still cannot believe how amazing it was to get almost all the leaders at once. Go FBI

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
I never knew watching a fat man lean against a backhoe drinking coffee could be so boring. Wake me up when the shooting starts.

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.
Wait, did he just pan the feed to the sky so that we could see those "chemtrails"?

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx
FBI starting to negotiate with the remaining people in the compound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPY5P0TaC4k

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Christ, woke up and saw 1400+ posts, figured something finally happened. I hope the Bundy bros spend the rest of their lovely lives in prison, maybe their dad can join them while the feds seize their ranch for unpaid grazing fees. If so they should turn it in to a refuge instead of auctioning it off. :getin:

I hope every single person from the Bundy Ranch standoff, especially the bridge sniper rear end in a top hat, are shaking in loving terror right now wondering if the Feds are going to decide to come after them now too.

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost
Does anyone know who we are looking at here on the stream, or are they just random nobodies?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Hmm, where are the patriots flooding to the refuge? Where is the massive uprising?

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Well, I'm glad most of them turned out to be pussies and ran away instead of vowing to die in a hail of gun fire.

edit:
Is it really true they ran out of food? I can't believe it. They had tons of rations snacks sent to them by sympathizers.

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

SedanChair posted:

Hmm, where are the patriots flooding to the refuge? Where is the massive uprising?

Rascal scooters can't make it through the underbrush.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

SedanChair posted:

they were going to come fight the tyrannical federal government, but then heard on the news that the tyrannical federal government wasn't going to let them and put their rascal back in the garage

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

SedanChair posted:

Turns out Oregonians don't take kindly to land grabs by foreign nationals

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Doctor Butts posted:

Well, I'm glad most of them turned out to be pussies and ran away instead of vowing to die in a hail of gun fire.

Getting all the leaders is really, really good for that.

None of the people on the livestream are people that I've even heard discussed before (except defend your base guy)

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost

theflyingorc posted:

Getting all the leaders is really, really good for that.

None of the people on the livestream are people that I've even heard discussed before (except defend your base guy)

That's kind of what I was figuring, but wanted to make sure

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

Doctor Butts posted:

edit:
Is it really true they ran out of food? I can't believe it. They had tons of rations snacks sent to them by sympathizers.

Well, see that really fat guy in the video...?

They still have food at the refuge. It's the people supposedly coming in from outside who were complaining about being hungry and thirsty.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Perfectly Safe posted:

Well, see that really fat guy in the video...?

They still have food at the refuge. It's the people supposedly coming in from outside who were complaining about being hungry and thirsty.

That's a really weird complaint for the people conducting the siege to have.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Mr Interweb posted:

So the Feds aren't planning on arresting the rest of these goobers?

Did you see how they caught the ring leaders?
"Oh do do doo we're going to a meeting" like the feds have let them do since day one. Then while out of range of a group to protect them, the feds converge on said car.
Chances are this was the ame type game plan. get them to leave and bust them when they're easier to get

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Imagine if the FBI convoy from the airport was actually them heading to breakfast but they told the news that they were "rolling out" absent any other specificity, which got turned into "they're headed toward Malheur" causing the seditionists to flee. In short, what if it was one last judo mindfuck from the feds to achieve maximum efficiency.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

SocketWrench posted:

Did you see how they caught the ring leaders?
"Oh do do doo we're going to a meeting" like the feds have let them do since day one. Then while out of range of a group to protect them, the feds converge on said car.
Chances are this was the ame type game plan. get them to leave and bust them when they're easier to get

Turns out the FBI had a plan after all.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

SedanChair posted:

Nothing confirmed but it seems like a number have tried to enter the refuge and have gotten stopped at the roadblocks. (On the stream they were giving directions put to help avoid the roadblocks.) The FBI has a press conference scheduled in about 3 hours so I imagine we will hear something about attempted reinforcements if it has happened then.

Prester Jane fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Jan 27, 2016

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

theflyingorc posted:

a person unironically yelled "git R Dun"

i too use comedian's catchphrases during standoffs

You would if you were retarded

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Well this was not what I expected when I woke up this morning.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

SubponticatePoster posted:

It was pretty great to wake up to some good news for a change. I just wish they'd been able to capture tarpman alive. Maybe they've got extensive video of him committing suicide-by-cop. That's what I'm hoping for.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
Woke up to this, pretty awesome.

jase1 posted:

On the live stream they are complaining that Americans failed them haha.
Called it! (doing the world's dumbest happy dance)

jase1 posted:

Also they were pretty adamant about giving the FBI a shootout,
gently caress. Well, at least the kids are gone. (I seriously didn't give a crap about the women as they were presumably there voluntarily.)

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Prester Jane posted:

Nothing confirmed but it seems like a number have tried to enter the refuge and have gotten stopped at the roadblocks. (On the stream they were giving directions put to help avoid the roadblocks.) The FBI has a press conference scheduled in about 3 hours so I imagine we will here something about attempted reinfircements if it has happened then.

It's an amazing honeypot right now. There's no reason to go onto the refuge if you aren't trying to fight the man.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Ammon Bundy, as he sighed behind bars posted:

Yea, I bet.

Prester Jane posted:

Nothing confirmed but it seems like a number have tried to enter the refuge and have gotten stopped at the roadblocks. (On the stream they were giving directions put to help avoid the roadblocks.) The FBI has a press conference scheduled in about 3 hours so I imagine we will hear something about attempted reinforcements if it has happened then.

"Please sir, will you let us by so we can shoot at you from that building over there?"

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Prester Jane posted:

How placid they are! No raids on the checkpoints? No shootouts?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Talent releases, hah. Is there a currently live stream?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Grem posted:

Talent releases, hah. Is there a currently live stream?

looks like it's down

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

SedanChair posted:

It’s Our Duty To Support The Troops And The Second Amendment In Case We Ever Need To Kill Them All

Apparently, they're still stuck on the first part.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
And all it took was killing Lavoy Finicum. I like how cheaply their capitulation was purchased.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

RandomPauI posted:

To the best of our knowledge Caro died in one of Assad's Syrian torture facilities.

I thought there was a report leaked/released a month or so ago that he was being held and negotiated for an exchange. Sad if he finally got his suicidal wish instead of a bunch of help at a psych ward. :smith:

Prester Jane posted:

The feds have handled this impressively well. They managed to isolate the leadership and then spook everyone that wasn't a complete fanatic into bailing from the refuge. And with it seeming that the SovCit Sheriff was some kind of deep cover op, it's going to send shock waves of paranoia through the liberty movement.

Really, the FBI handled this in about the best way possible in terms of shaking their narrative so that the maximum amount woke up and smelt reality.

If that sheriff isn't a deep cover op I hope the feds publicly thank him for his assistance. Either way he's probably not going to sleep easy if he's a True Believer and the movement sees him as a traitor to their cause.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

SedanChair posted:

Leadership fought as soon as they were given a chance, capturing the bulk of them in one go was a masterstroke. There are still about a dozen or so at the refuge vowing to go down fighting.

The FBI has played this perfectly to keep the amount of violence to a minimum, thus preventing as many potential martyrs as possible. I'm frankly impressed with how well it's been handled.

It also seems they had places like the hospital under very heavy guard while this went down to prevent any opportunists from striking.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Prester Jane posted:

It also seems they had places like the hospital under very heavy guard while this went down to prevent any opportunists from striking.
They're also trying to block people from leaking pictures of LaVoy's body, because that's free martyr publicity if they do.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

If that sheriff isn't a deep cover op I hope the feds publicly thank him for his assistance. Either way he's probably not going to sleep easy if he's a True Believer and the movement sees him as a traitor to their cause.

I'm imagining he was just a "normal" rural "leave us be" type and one day called up the FBI "You'll never believe who I just got off the phone with..."

Rubber Tucky
Oct 14, 2004

Next time I will pay attention while choosing my thread tags.
You asked for miracles I give you the
F
B
I

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
I further enjoy how these cowards will be allowed to slink back to their jobs at the gravel pit and continue their lives, as if they didn't spend the last few weeks under the tutelage of a terrorist who was just lawfully killed by federal agents.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

theflyingorc posted:

It's an amazing honeypot right now. There's no reason to go onto the refuge if you aren't trying to fight the man.

Hey, some people might just really want to go look at some local Oregon bird life. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

theflyingorc posted:

They're also trying to block people from leaking pictures of LaVoy's body, because that's free martyr publicity if they do.
I wish they'd release footage of the actual shooting. Not because I'm a death-loving freak, I just want the whole thing out there to cut down on (because we know people will never completely stop alleging it) the talk about him being executed.

• Locked thread