Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Health app on the iPhone owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Unleashed my inner dad today with a 12 hour stew on the slow cooker

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Cool crock pot dinner man.

Yeahhhhh....

I'll never bother with one of those things. I know my health is going to be on a steady decline until I get rolled into the furnace. I'm in reasonably decent condition aside from the quasi-annual back spasms and smoking. I don't need a score chart to encourage me to walk more.

I mean, it's cool and useful to some people. I'd rather not have one more thing to gently caress with throughout my day.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

holocaust bloopers posted:

Health app on the iPhone owns.

Agreed.

Also when paired with watch there's a fitness app that unlocks which involves filling in concentric circles and it tickles the lizard part of my brain.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Unleashed my inner dad today with a 12 hour stew on the slow cooker

Nice

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
cooked a corned beef yesterday in the crockpot for 8 1/2 hrs. came out great but it was possibly the most salty one i've ever cooked. had a nice big chunk of it left over and i told the gf 'don't eat the whole drat thing' and what does she do... eats the whole drat thing. then she puked it all up after she went to bed.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Finally finished the documentary "Meet the Romans" on YouTube. Good poo poo check it out

Recommend documentaries ITT

Senna is a much watch of course. Don't need it needs repeating but here we are. You don't even need to know the context to enjoy it. Watch it now.

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Jan 27, 2016

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

ded posted:

cooked a corned beef yesterday in the crockpot for 8 1/2 hrs. came out great but it was possibly the most salty one i've ever cooked. had a nice big chunk of it left over and i told the gf 'don't eat the whole drat thing' and what does she do... eats the whole drat thing. then she puked it all up after she went to bed.

is your girlfriend a german shepherd

NSA WIZARD
Jan 20, 2016

ded posted:

SHE SOUNDS LIKE A REAL DOG

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
she just loves my beef

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

NSA WIZARD posted:

SHE SOUNDS LIKE A REAL DOG

rude

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012

MurderBot posted:

*as fitness increases Stroke volume increases

It works the other way, too, at my age.

:negative:

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

i keep reading tj as tijuana and it makes all these lame grocery store posts a lot better

Same

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Two Finger posted:

I like both but if you're making satay you drat well better fry and grind your own peanuts

My satay sauce is just frying up a shitload of peanuts, onions, garlic and ginger until the peanuts are nicely golden, tossing in some red curry paste, fry a bit more, toss in water, boil for a while and blitz the poo poo out of it with an immersion mixer. So loving good but goddamn if I could eat that every day :btroll:

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Never got the point of that poo poo unless you were an Olympian or to detect cardiac issues

Tells me how hard I'm training, the Garmin gives me a nice number between 1 (easy walking) and 5 (uphill sprint), so if I'm pushing up through the fours I know I need to either have extra rest the next day or chill out. It also tracks pretty accurately how many calories I consume as a function of HR and body weight, and tells me how I'm improving. Plus mine can track the distance I swim in the pool so I don't need to count laps. P. awesome.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Never got the point of that poo poo unless you were an Olympian or to detect cardiac issues

Lets you know how many steps closer to the grave you are each evening.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

i keep reading tj as tijuana and it makes all these lame grocery store posts a lot better

Same.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Stultus Maximus posted:

Lets you know how many steps closer to the grave you are each evening.

Yeah, I'd rather not know. But I was walking 15-20 miles a day for the past few months at work, so keeping track of that poo poo just seems like micromanaging. Just walking that much has brought me back under 200 pounds again, I could care less about many other numbers than that one.

Yay for not being a complete fat rear end.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Got a free Fitbit zip from work and set it up yesterday. Of course I can't actually carry it at work, so that's awesome. I guess I'll count my steps as I walk around or something.

Edit: Oh hey, I want to buy a french press and use the cold brew advice from last year's thread. Anybody have any recommendations?

Godholio fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Jan 27, 2016

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Godholio posted:

Got a free Fitbit zip from work and set it up yesterday. Of course I can't actually carry it at work, so that's awesome. I guess I'll count my steps as I walk around or something.

Edit: Oh hey, I want to buy a french press and use the cold brew advice from last year's thread. Anybody have any recommendations?

Any of the Bodums are great, I've had like 3 of them over the years. Also you can actually brew the coffee like normal the night before and just put it in the fridge, you still get all of the aromatic fatty acids extracted and it tastes like velvet sex on your tongue. I don't use any cream since the pinch of salt with the grounds trick takes care of acidity, and you can either sweeten it beforehand or keep a bottle of simple syrup in the fridge like I do for just this kind of occasion.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Once they make a waterproof Fitbit, I'll be interested.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Some girl flashed her tits at me while I was riding this A.M. I thought it was all cool

Until she pulled into the high school parking lot.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Godholio posted:

I had a Bodum that I liked, my ex stole it when she moved out, though.

http://www.amazon.com/Bodum-Chambord-French-Coffee-Chrome/dp/B00008XEWG/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1453924893&sr=8-7&keywords=french+press

For cold press, just grind about twice as much coffee as you usually would, add cold tap water, and let it sit at room temperature for 8 or more hours. Strain and drink, or store it in your fridge for a couple days. It'll be super concentrated so you can water it down if you want, and it'll keep for a while longer than regular coffee.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
the expanse is a good show

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Vasudus posted:

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Billions is a good show.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Vasudus posted:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Vasudus posted:

It's also a good nickname for you mom's lady-parts

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

nailed it

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Booblord Zagats posted:

It's also a good nickname for you mom's lady-parts

:vince:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Somebody thinks it's a good idea to bring back Circuit City

http://www.twice.com/news/retail/circuit-city-set-return-spring/60261

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

circuit city was always bad compared to the other stores

i really liked going to Lechmere and i played n64 for the first time ever there, it really blew my mind because i had read about it for forever in nintendo power

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Where did Comp USA fit in all this

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

the comp usa near me had a shareware section that was usually pretty cool

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Are Arcades still a thing? I miss being dropped off at the arcade by my mom while she ran errands in the mall.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

We had a Sega City I think they called it at the huge outdoor strip mall. Place was a dope gigantic arcade with tickets and all that. They had $10 all you can play Thursday's which was dope as gently caress

Of course that place went under at least 15-20 years ago

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Are Arcades still a thing? I miss being dropped off at the arcade by my mom while she ran errands in the mall.

Pocket full of quarters is way cheaper than day care I guess

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Whip Slagcheek posted:

arcades now are a broken crusin' usa cabinet and a sticker machine in an alcove of the closest multiplex

all the ones i went to as a kid are long gone

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Arcades are a completely dead concept in the US. Overseas in places like Europe and Asia they seem to be doing a little better, but not amazingly so, they're still confined to really high-traffic areas mostly. Japan has a fuckton of them in downtown Tokyo, and I'm sure their other major population centers all have them too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

I'll never forget the sweet-rear end linked Mechwarrior style pods the local nickel arcade had. 4 of em all together. Best poo poo ever. And yeah, that place closed looong ago :(

• Locked thread