Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

SedanChair posted:

I further enjoy how these cowards will be allowed to slink back to their jobs at the gravel pit and continue their lives, as if they didn't spend the last few weeks under the tutelage of a terrorist who was just lawfully killed by federal agents.

lol what? no they won't, are you insane?

The FBI offered them "safe passage", not clemency

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChlamydiaJones
Sep 27, 2002

My Estonian riding instructor told me; "Mine munni ahvi türa imeja", and I live by that every day!
Ramrod XTreme
livestream is back up. God this kid is pathetic, I really hope that he survives this and gets psychological help :(

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

theflyingorc posted:

lol what? no they won't, are you insane?

The FBI offered them "safe passage", not clemency

I will be happy if they get rounded up, but based on history I have no reason to expect it

nivdes
Jan 3, 2008

Freedom from democracy

Brought to you by NAZCENTBOL GANG

trickybiscuits posted:

I wish they'd release footage of the actual shooting. Not because I'm a death-loving freak, I just want the whole thing out there to cut down on (because we know people will never completely stop alleging it) the talk about him being executed.

"That video is fake, it's a reenactment with ~crisis actors~"

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
I can't believe the ringleaders of this stunt were actually stupid enough to leave the refuge. Repeatedly leave the refuge, by all accounts.

Like, that's---Well, that's just so hilariously stupid. You've broken the law many times over, pissed off the federal government through a laundry list of dirty deeds, are the only thing keeping the whole occupation from dissolving into a paranoid malaise of suicidal fear and resignation, are forced to hide behind a wall of crazy rednecks and guns to avoid being arrested and you...decide to step out from behind the wall? To quote a certain redneck comedian, "There's your sign.".

This whole thing has been a stunning display of hilarious incompetence from these domestic terrorists so far. The only way it could get any stupider on their end is if they tried to fend off an invading FBI responder team by flinging the dozens of dildos they had received from people making fun of them.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Jan 27, 2016

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

SedanChair posted:

I will be happy if they get rounded up, but based on history I have no reason to expect it

That literally just happened yesterday. It's what we are all talking about right now.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

SedanChair posted:

You're right also nothing will happen to the Bundys just like you said previously

edit: have you somehow missed that arrests already happened?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

SedanChair posted:

And all it took was killing Lavoy Finicum. I like how cheaply their capitulation was purchased.

Well, both Bundys and multiple others were also caught, beheading the movement. Besides Cooper (a monstrous rear end in a top hat and lunatic) and Santelli (who caved immediately and probably amplified the panic before going and getting himself arrested too) they're without leadership or major figures.

Anyway, I'm also impressed at how swiftly the FBI dealt with this when they made their move. I do hope something is done for the people of Burns, though I honestly don't know what; they've been affected rather hard by all this, and them just having these people scare and harass them for weeks be all they got out of this would really suck for them.

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx
Wtf is this crap on Santelli feed? where is the close up footage of him cowering in fear and in handcuffs, running around yelling magic sovcit phrases. Thats what I want to see

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Archonex posted:

I can't believe the ringleaders of this stunt were actually stupid enough to leave the refuge.

Thats the clever part. The FBI let them leave so often that they got used to it. Then they got that sheriff to ask for all the leadership to come visit him at once leaving nobody to rally behind back at the refuge.

Its hilarious.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Rubber Tucky posted:

You asked for miracles I give you the
F
B
I

Dude.

Too soon. :smith:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Is tarp man dead? :ohdear:

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx

MariusLecter posted:

Yes. Tarps at half mast today.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

theflyingorc posted:

You're right also nothing will happen to the Bundys just like you said previously

edit: have you somehow missed that arrests already happened?

Yeah I mean the rest of them.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Jacobin posted:

Yes. Tarps at half mast today.

There's a really dirty joke involving rigor mortis in this.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
1 true believer ready to die

About 60 trolls high on white privilege

12 nutbars using them as mental illness camoflauge

That seems like a pretty good representation of the whole militia phenomenon to me.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

SedanChair posted:

Yeah I mean the rest of them.

"this situation, that has already gone incredibly differently than last time, will go exactly like last time"

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

50 year old navy seals in airboats? Am I hearing this guy correctly?

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

MariusLecter posted:

Wouldn't sign a release form. Had to go.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I'd be genuinely surprised if this ends today. I feel like they're gonna let these fat idiots sweat and starve themselves out until they're begging to be taken into custody.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Intel&Sebastian posted:

1 true believer ready to die

About 60 trolls high on white privilege

12 nutbars using them as mental illness camoflauge

One tarp to rule them all, one tarp to find them

ChlamydiaJones
Sep 27, 2002

My Estonian riding instructor told me; "Mine munni ahvi türa imeja", and I live by that every day!
Ramrod XTreme

As a Millennial I posted:

50 year old navy seals in airboats? Am I hearing this guy correctly?

defendyourbase is back down again, what are you listening to?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

ChlamydiaJones posted:

defendyourbase is back down again, what are you listening to?

it's not

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWxu1ajk830&hd=1

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Archonex posted:

I can't believe the ringleaders of this stunt were actually stupid enough to leave the refuge. Repeatedly leave the refuge, by all accounts.

It's not stupid because why would they think anything would happen to them based on 100% jack poo poo happening to them before?

If this was the strategy of the FBI, then give them massive kudos. They had us all fooled. At least half the posts in this thread are people decrying the fact that the FBI apparently didn't give a gently caress and let the militants run around town doing as they please.

They were convinced the FBI would do nothing, because the FBI did nothing.

So were we.

ChlamydiaJones
Sep 27, 2002

Ramrod XTreme

what the heck was I watching........ thanks!

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

SedanChair posted:

One tarp to rule them all, one tarp to find them

Another tarp to zip Lavoy and in the darkness bind him

MadcapLaughs
Mar 17, 2007

Guy on the livestream said "they have to pardon us, the American people will make them."

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Doctor Butts posted:

It's not stupid because why would they think anything would happen to them based on 100% jack poo poo happening to them before?

If this was the strategy of the FBI, then give them massive kudos. They had us all fooled. At least half the posts in this thread are people decrying the fact that the FBI apparently didn't give a gently caress and let the militants run around town doing as they please.

So were we.

It's ALMOST like the FBI are legendary for being one of the most effective law enforcement agencies in the world

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

theflyingorc posted:

It's ALMOST like the FBI are legendary for being one of the most effective law enforcement agencies in the world

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

hobbesmaster posted:

Thats the clever part. The FBI let them leave so often that they got used to it. Then they got that sheriff to ask for all the leadership to come visit him at once leaving nobody to rally behind back at the refuge.

Its hilarious.

They played them all for fools by giving them what they wanted. A chance to expand their insurrection with the help of a welcoming County sheriff. It was a beautiful piece of bait, and the deluded leadership played right into the FBI's hands.

Then they rolled up with a doom army and have told the seditionists to leave or else. Right now the thing is serving as a honeypot to draw all the hidden idiots out of the woodwork.

It will be interesting to see when the FBI decides to make its move on the refuge. They could go at any time but I'm betting that they will just let that Sword of Damoclese hang over the heads of the holdouts for awhile. The best weapon the FBI has right now is letting a combination of boredom, stress, anxiety, and exhaustion take their toll.

Prester Jane fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Jan 27, 2016

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Doctor Butts posted:

So were we.

If it was their intention it was a good plan. A hilarious plan too, since it relied on the militia being full of gullible idiots.

When I posted about how the FBI was probably going to wait them out I figured these assholes were at least smart enough to understand that they could send out one or maybe two of the ringleaders at a time, but not all of them. Hell, that was what they were doing. Even the stupidest criminals know that they shouldn't all go out from cover as one big group to talk with a negotiator.

Only it turns out that they were so assured of their invincibility and rightness that the FBI basically lead them into their own jail cells. Talk about using their own beliefs against them. :allears:

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

"I didn't pick this day, mom"
"If I die, that's how I want to die, a free man"

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

"I was born for this"
"We've got navy seals in here"
"Second revolution"

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
:rip: Tarp Man

He should have just sat in his tarp with his gun at home where it's safe.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

theflyingorc posted:

Too bad they're only allowed to investigate bureaus. :(

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

A Winner is Jew posted:

Too bad they're only allowed to investigate bureaus. :(

that was their mistake, they brought in a nice bedroom set to the reserve, then they were fully under the FBI's jurisdiction

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 30 days!)

I want you all to know that after the women and children left I followed through on my promise to jizz in my pants. This played out perfectly and really if this was the FBI's plan, then gently caress man, props to them.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

"this is the second american revolution. we will be in history"

hahahahahahahahahhahahahaha
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Really, the genius of the whole plan relies on that sovcit sheriff and if/when he was brought to heel. I don't think he was a "Deep cover" plant since he's been saying stupid poo poo for years, but how soon he was crushed under the long dick of the law will tell if this was a plan to smoke out the Bundys from the start, or if the FBI reacted to the upcoming meeting with a "hell no, that's it" and dropped the hammer.

Either way, the final execution (pun semi-intended) was very well done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Fateo McMurray posted:

"this is the second american revolution. we will be in history"

hahahahahahahahahhahahahaha
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

no, no, no, that's not the quote.

quote: