Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

He talks over everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Oodles posted:

He talks over everything.

Oh you meant DNS. Yeah I haven't listened to it yet but Dreamtrooper was telling me it was pretty bad.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Unfunny Poster posted:

Oh you meant DNS. Yeah I haven't listened to it yet but Dreamtrooper was telling me it was pretty bad.

It's pretty bad.

Aside from this it's mostly good pod? JEFF manages to keep being chill despite politically being on one side of things, and even though there is footballchat he keeps it at the end of the cast, which is legit for people who don't care.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

KaoliniteMilkshake posted:

It's pretty bad.

Aside from this it's mostly good pod? JEFF manages to keep being chill despite politically being on one side of things, and even though there is footballchat he keeps it at the end of the cast, which is legit for people who don't care.

I quite like Jeff's podcast. Asher's is good, but it's too PVP for my liking. And the old crossing zerbra's one was just hard work. The hosts all talk over each other and don't understand the concept of how it would sound for the audience.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings
DNS sounded drunk as hell, rambled and interjected way too much. Normally, Jeff keeps discussions on focus really well, and he tends to be well-prepared and ready to move stuff on.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
So is this the MMO HMO hellthread?
trick question - every thread in MMO HMO is a hellthread :kheldragar:

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
Also what happened to DBRB? I used to like his bombing groups.

All the goonfleet superstars I liked are gone/going/banned/quit/in PL now/drug overdose probably :smith:

Not that I'd play with space aids still in but it would be nice to have the option in theory

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

DNS is obnoxiously annoying and I completely fail to grasp why anyone wants to hear him speak about anything, at any point.

His fanfest presentations were the worst poo poo ever and when he wasn't garbling on about injokes and laughing at himself he was laughing loudly over everyone else's presentations.

urghgh

TopGoon[555]
Aug 30, 2003
his corp is joining GSF soon so enjoy him on your comms

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Wait, is he that guy who took up most of the time allotted at a fanfest panel to ramble on and on and on about whatever group he was in, leaving the rest of the panel a couple of minutes each for their presentations?

Yeah, gently caress ever having to listen to him again

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Lack of Gravitas posted:

Wait, is he that guy who took up most of the time allotted at a fanfest panel to ramble on and on and on about whatever group he was in, leaving the rest of the panel a couple of minutes each for their presentations?

ugh ugh ugh

In other FC types that have wandered off, whatever happened to Dingo? I know we took in WEON to get him, but I don't know where he disappeared to.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Lack of Gravitas posted:

He had some lovely video about trying to go to jove space which was about 2x the allowed time on itself. He also used it two years running.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Khablam posted:

He had some lovely video about trying to go to jove space which was about 2x the allowed time on itself. He also used it two years running.

and to think ccp freaked out when mittani told a dude to kill himself

i'm still mad they nullified my vote for their stupid space council in the aftermath of that. USA should teach the icelands some democracy imo

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Oodles posted:

I quite like Jeff's podcast

I love Jeffs podcast and this one had the potential to be really good given who is on it but right off the bat DJ is like: yeah im not gonna talk about that, then cue up 55 minutes of bizarre sperg about rando IRL and EVE things :cripes:

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings
Shouldn't this be "Eve Online 2016: a sci-fi spaceship game in which Goons are terrible" because for all that it's certainly a fine example of the genre I have serious doubts vis a vis the assumption that Goons aren't terrible to some degree in other spaceship games, given the chance.

For instance, all it will take would be for Star Citizens actually to launch - bear with me, this is a hypothetical - and someone would start firing up spira and a house demerit tracking spreadsheet for guild management purposes.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Endie posted:

Shouldn't this be "Eve Online 2016: a sci-fi spaceship game in which Goons are terrible" because for all that it's certainly a fine example of the genre I have serious doubts vis a vis the assumption that Goons aren't terrible to some degree in other spaceship games, given the chance.

For instance, all it will take would be for Star Citizens actually to launch - bear with me, this is a hypothetical - and someone would start firing up spira and a house demerit tracking spreadsheet for guild management purposes.

there isn't even a game yet, and when they THOUGHT there would be a game they already had spreadsheets

so yes, you are correct

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

It's pretty bad.

Oodles posted:

I quite like Jeff's podcast. Asher's is good, but it's too PVP for my liking. And the old crossing zerbra's one was just hard work. The hosts all talk over each other and don't understand the concept of how it would sound for the audience.

Yeah JEFF's show is probably the only EVE podcast I can bear to listen to because he tries to make it interesting each time and have differing people on. As much of a clusterfuck as it was, poo poo on Kugu was pretty great for that too but was way too infrequent (loving Doink), and also people would just shout over each other.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also yeah Star Citizen isn't really going to launch anytime soon.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Unfunny Poster posted:

Yeah JEFF's show is probably the only EVE podcast I can bear to listen to because he tries to make it interesting each time and have differing people on. As much of a clusterfuck as it was, poo poo on Kugu was pretty great for that too but was way too infrequent (loving Doink), and also people would just shout over each other.

I quite like Wiggles' New Eden Update too. It's a 5 minute week day update over what's happened, what new blogs and podcasts are out and a plex price update. It's very formulaic and a good recap.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Eonwe posted:

there isn't even a game yet, and when they THOUGHT there would be a game they already had spreadsheets

so yes, you are correct

Never accuse goons of being unpredictable. They are creatures of intense discipline.

Goons are terrible at many things, but poop socking spreadsheets of inane detail is not one of those things.

I hope Star Citizen has timers like POSes do.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Endie posted:

It needs to somehow fail to bring over evegoons, and then it'll be fine.
Starfleet dental was(is? idk) a good example of goons making GBS threads on pubbies and making them want to die, without any spreadsheets or turbosperg.

As soon as mittens started talking about crossing over into SC any hope of that pretty much went.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

A storm over Europe unleashed
Dawn of war a trail of destruction
The power of Rome won't prevail
See the Catholics shiver and shake
This thread is truly something awful.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Khablam posted:

Starfleet dental was(is? idk) a good example of goons making GBS threads on pubbies and making them want to die, without any spreadsheets or turbosperg.

As soon as mittens started talking about crossing over into SC any hope of that pretty much went.

What is le Martin playing today? I need to get hip.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Uziduke posted:

mlyp

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Uziduke posted:

hahha thats hilarious, when did you think that one up?

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Khablam posted:

starfleet dental was good in guild wars 2. i haven't played with them in other games though.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
SC is the joke that never stops being funny.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

a good op

on a level from 1 to eonwe, whats your shitposting level?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Michaellaneous posted:

a good op

I'd say at D_Smart level.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Michaellaneous posted:

a good op

eonwe

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

0.75Travis Wells

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

ChickenWing posted:

0.75Travis Wells

a high standard to aspire to.

I rate myself 'better than andupor'

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

a high standard to aspire to.

I rate myself 'better than andupor'

The homeland defense school for kids who can't post good trained me to aim high

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
i am the chopin of poo poo posting choppin_dick_off.joke goes here :effort:

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

who is this terrible rambling nerdvoice on the latest jeffcast? they can do better.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

who is this terrible rambling nerdvoice on the latest jeffcast? they can do better.

its dnsblack and he always wastes everyone's time like this

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I hope you guys have are having a good day.

I'm having a fantastic one :toot:

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Blazing Zero posted:

its dnsblack and he always wastes everyone's time like this

my memory has intentionally blotted out everything about his fanfest presentations except that it's seen two of them and they were the exact same thing.

I am having a good day hendrick tallarbor

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Unfunny Poster posted:

Going pretty well thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Unfunny Poster posted:

Is it your cake day or something Hendrik?

I am having a good day too. Putting my new PC together. I forgot to order RAM though

• Locked thread