Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Now they're dicking around with the backhoe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Roman Reigns posted:

By equipment, I meant this stuff. (Sorry not specifically replying to you in particular Roman)

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

What are they doing with the steam shovel?

Edit: excavator

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

cr0y posted:

Defending freedom, obviously.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Roman Reigns posted:

Well of course. Everyone knows that large piles of dirt will stop a well-organized and trained anti-terrorist task force.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Thumbs up for freedom guys!

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx
Alright he just reset it. Time for me to go I think, nothing is gonna happen this morning from the feds, just their own implosion if anything

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

cr0y posted:

I assume making a lovely trench and/or wrecking more Paiute archaeology.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Turtle Sandbox posted:

They don't have a weeks worth of supplies, if they don't get to die now, they will be to weak to get the glorious fight they want.

I think we actually don't know anything about the current state of their supplies. The person talking about lack of food is gone.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
He's resetting the stream and there's 4.2K watching. Was there always that many people watching?

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Tony Phillips posted:

One of those guys looks like Mark Borchardt from "American Movie" and it's cracking me up.

He sure is a charmer.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Man I have work to do but I missed Pete Santilli's arrest and I don't want to miss this guy getting droned now

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

MariusLecter posted:

The FBI can fire at him all they want, no bullets getting past all that fat.
Would laugh my rear end off if the fat guy thinks that some version of this is true.

The Mythbusters did the world a service and proved that it isn't.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Backhoe rhino was my favorite MGS recruit.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Crain posted:

He's resetting the stream and there's 4.2K watching. Was there always that many people watching?

It's been climbing all morning as more people find it

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx
E: fixing link

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CZvfFqyWwAAmav0.jpg

Oh boy.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Fry's chat is my new favorite because there's no mods. Santilli's was booooring.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

theflyingorc posted:

I think we actually don't know anything about the current state of their supplies. The person talking about lack of food is gone.

Did they have the forethought to bring back piles of food when they went out to those town meetings? It seemed like they were planning to rely on sympathizers sending in snacks and them receiving deliveries in spite of their actions.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

theflyingorc posted:

And thanks to all here who relay what's happening for those who can't watch

size1one
Jun 24, 2008

I don't want a nation just for me, I want a nation for everyone

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Not at all, the wait and the action are all part of what happened. If they wouldve attended that meeting and drove back with no contact, who do you think would have cried foul in here based on previous posts?

I think the wait is definitely justified, I think how much credit it deserves and how effective it was aren't as clear cut as some people in here think, but it was a good move. If you can find where I honestly asked for anything more aggressive than a traffic stop and arrests off the refuge then by all means I was wrong and suck.

Many people here were worried that these people were emboldened and building legitimacy, but in the end the majority of this situation was still stamped out quickly once the feds decided to take action. Guess they weren't much to worry about after all.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

theflyingorc posted:

I'm sure there's about 4,000 CNN and Fox news interns waiting for the perfect moment to tweet.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Turtle Sandbox posted:

Did they have the forethought to bring back piles of food when they went out to those town meetings? It seemed like they were planning to rely on sympathizers sending in snacks and them receiving deliveries in spite of their actions.

There's been very little discussion of their supplies in a long time that I've seen. The FBI was letting people travel in and out freely for a long, long time, so there's no way to know how much they still have at the refuge.

I would GUESS they probably had a least a day or two's worth for everybody, and now that they're down to a third of the size or less, that could maybe last a while

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.
https://twitter.com/bethnakamura/status/692390663384621056

Oh yeeeeeeeeah

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

OAquinas posted:

While I can certainly agree with this perspective, and while I'm happy things played out the way they have, "waiting for your enemy to be complete dumbasses and expose themselves" is generally a poor strategy outside of videogames.

I mean it totally worked, and the 'only' cost was a community terrorized for a month and some property damage, but it could have also gone the way of "bundy bunch shoots locals" just as easily.

One of the great things about Narrativists is that as long as you don't give theme a clear and present threat to unite against they will inevitably do completely dumbass things. One of the side effects of living in a delusional reality is that you make decisions based on that delusional perspective, which inevitably leads you to make mistakes.

If life was a Chess game then half the pieces (both the Narrativists and their opponemts) would be invisible to to Narrativists, and it would lead to an incredibly skewed perception of the real situation on the board. Every move would be a mistake in some way.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

It never loads for me. :saddowns: Not on chrome or FF.

The thumbnail of that video link makes that dude look almost like a weird Kylo Ren.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

I'd love to see the reaction of any militia types that actually plan to go to the ranch and then they see that roadblock with several armored vehicles that they would need explosives to take out, while not dying to the agents inside who probably have actual military backgrounds in addition to the training they'd have received from the FBI.

:bahgawd: "Let's go FIGHT FOR ARE FREEDUMS!"
:killdozer: "This is the FBI, back the gently caress off."
:bahgawd: "Come on boys, we got White Jesus and AR-15s on our s... guys? GUYS DON'T RUN AWAY AND LEAVE ME ALL ALONE! :cry:"

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Turtle Sandbox posted:

I'm betting what they have is pretty limited. Yes, they talked about stocking up, but since they were able to come and go as they pleased, they probably put less effort into those preparations.

Can't say for sure, but that's my gut reaction to the situation.

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost

ToastyPotato posted:

It never loads for me. :saddowns: Not on chrome or FF.

He hosed it up by resetting it, it's not on right now.

Edi: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gip2Lp_op-g here you go

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

theflyingorc posted:

There's been very little discussion of their supplies in a long time that I've seen. The FBI was letting people travel in and out freely for a long, long time, so there's no way to know how much they still have at the refuge.

I would GUESS they probably had a least a day or two's worth for everybody, and now that they're down to a third of the size or less, that could maybe last a while

Yeah the numbers behind what people could really send in the mail, what people were doing in town to help, and how many people were eating at the refuge never sounded good for a long haul. Especially considering the whole snacks request on day 2.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Evil Fluffy posted:

I'd love to see the reaction of any militia types that actually plan to go to the ranch and then they see that roadblock with several armored vehicles that they would need explosives to take out, while not dying to the agents inside who probably have actual military backgrounds in addition to the training they'd have received from the FBI.

:bahgawd: "Let's go FIGHT FOR ARE FREEDUMS!"
:killdozer: "This is the FBI, back the gently caress off."
:bahgawd: "Come on boys, we got White Jesus and AR-15s on our s... guys? GUYS DON'T RUN AWAY AND LEAVE ME ALL ALONE! :cry:"

But thanks to Day By Day and other conservative cartoonists and blogs, armored vehicles can be easily disabled by shooting them in this one spot on the rear axle or something.

Fionnoula
May 27, 2010

Ow, quit.
New stream, new camera angle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gip2Lp_op-g

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gip2Lp_op-g

new streaming link

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!
If we dig a deep enough hole the helicopter won't be able to see us!

From the look of it they've never used a backhoe before either.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

With all that digging they must think there's a lot of meth down there.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

"Lets show em what real trolling looks like. Send in the black helicopter"

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

Intel&Sebastian posted:

"Lets show em what real trolling looks like. Send in the black helicopter"

The temptation to loiter around in a light blue helmet is overwhelming.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Jacobin posted:

E: fixing link

Oh boy.
Protip to the militia guys: this is straight-up what our current anti-ISIL strategy looks like, just with a bit less snow. As such I feel the need to inform you that you have hosed up amazingly hard and should surrender immediately, or you will get your martyrdom wish granted to you.

Seriously this is kinda terrifying how fast this is moving.

fade5 fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Jan 27, 2016

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Who taught this idiot how to operate a cat? Holy poo poo.

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.
I can't be the only person who was wishing for the digger to fall into the hole it had just dug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Yeah the numbers behind what people could really send in the mail, what people were doing in town to help, and how many people were eating at the refuge never sounded good for a long haul. Especially considering the whole snacks request on day 2.

Day three or so they posted stuff that made it sound like they'd gotten large supply shipments, but that was three weeks ago. I really doubt they continued to get support from random sympathizers after the first week, so it was probably all supply runs from the wives

They also had a barbecue dinner with some ranchers a week ago

• Locked thread