Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

ToastyPotato posted:

Feed cutting out. Something about two gentlemen who appear to be together? The unidentified newcomers?

awwww, a gay couple showed up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc
but seriously, if they're that convinced that the reinforcements are gonna sneak in that sounds like a great way for the FBI to infiltrate and take them out without bloodshed

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Yeah.

The FBI are like the last people you want to gently caress with.

I mean they took on multiple mob families at once across several states and won so convincingly that the mob is a complete shell of it's former self with zero hope of recovery.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

theflyingorc posted:

but seriously, if they're that convinced that the reinforcements are gonna sneak in that sounds like a great way for the FBI to infiltrate and take them out without bloodshed

No you see, no one will mistake an fbi for a true patriot because reasons.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

theflyingorc posted:

Hahaha I was just thinking the same thing.

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

ToastyPotato posted:

Hahaha I was just thinking the same thing.

Just wait till they think the same thing especially if it's not true.

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

theflyingorc posted:

Sure, I don't disagree at all that the feds probably had the legal right to shoot him. I just would rather he have a gun to help fight the SovCit narrative.

It doesn't matter if they had videos from 12 angles showing Tarpman shot a dozen officers before being shot himself, their narrative would be the same. Hell, the more evidence you give them, the more they'd claim it was clearly a fabricated setup.

Jerry and Joe Kane were on film killing two cops and you can find videos by SovCits "proving" that they were shot at first and it was totally self-defense when they double-tapped the officers to make sure they were dead.

I'm betting on the "they shot him before he had time to stop and while mortally wounded he lost control of his vehicle and drove right towards the evil FBI assassins" angle.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

theflyingorc posted:

awwww, a gay couple showed up!

"We're here to buy a cake."

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Just ask every newcomer to recite a section in the Constitution, an FBI agent will run away screaming.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx
There's actually a really simple test they could give someone to see if they're FBI.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
if you ask them and they deny it three times they can't arrest you

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc
https://twitter.com/occupied_burns/status/692446189380354050
I don't know how to embed tweets, so

quote:

The roadblock was a breeze. Quick search, ID, nice conversation with tactical team. Told me again they were here for support.

nice

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

They don't break the scale?

Speaking of which I've had this one for three years and it works great

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi
Statement from the FBI from about 11:07 AM today, not sure if it was posted here yet.

quote:

Good morning. My name is Greg Bretzing, and I am the Special Agent in Charge for the FBI in Oregon.

For the past month, the FBI -- along with our partners at the Harney County Sheriff's Office, Oregon State Police and the many other federal and local agencies -- have had a very deliberate and measured response. We worked diligently to bring the situation at the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge to a peaceful end. Some of those actions were seen, some unseen. But, because this is an on-going investigation with some armed individuals illegally remaining in the refuge, we cannot get into details as to every action tried or taken.

I will say that the armed occupiers were given ample opportunities to leave peacefully. They were given the opportunity to negotiate. As outsiders to Oregon, they were given the opportunity to return to their homes and have their grievances heard through legal and appropriate means. They chose, instead, to threaten the very America they profess to love with violence, intimidation and criminal acts.

Yesterday, the FBI and our partners took the necessary actions to start bringing this situation to an end. We worked to ensure that we could do so in the safest way possible -- removing the threat of danger from innocent citizens. We continue to work to empty the refuge of the armed occupiers in the safest way possible.

Eight people were arrested, and one man died yesterday as we attempted to take him into custody. Because there is an on-going investigation by the Deschutes County Major Crimes Team on behalf of OSP related to this piece of the investigation, I will not be able to comment on the specifics.

I would, however, ask for your patience as the shooting investigation works its way through that outside process. At the appropriate time, the Medical Examiner's office will release the decedent's identity, and OSP will address the details of the event.

Let me be clear: It is fully and unequivocally the behavior and the choices made by the armed occupiers that have led us to where we are today. And, as the FBI and our partners have demonstrated, actions are not without consequences.
Containment road blocks are now in place around the Refuge. The disruption that the good people of Harney County have had to endure over the last few months will continue -- for now.

If the people at the refuge want to leave, they can do so through the checkpoints where they will be identified. If they have questions or concerns, they can call the negotiators at the number that has been provided to them.

As I conclude I want to share my promise to the people who live and work here -- who are raising their families here - that we will continue to look for safe, peaceful and productive ways to end this armed occupation. We recognize that the sooner we do that, the sooner the citizens of Harney County can start healing this community they cherish so much.

Thank you.

Also this:

quote:

The FBI and Oregon State Police have initiated a containment of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge in order to better ensure the safety of community members and law enforcement. This decision was made out of an abundance of caution. We ask you to remain vigilant and report any suspicious activity to the tip line at (541) 573-3162.

The containment procedure involves a series of checkpoints established along key routes into and out of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge.

Attempts to Travel Into the Refuge
There will be signage ahead of each checkpoint. Anyone who moves beyond that signage will be stopped, identified and asked leave. Non-compliant people will be subject to arrest.

Leaving the Refuge
Anyone coming out of the refuge will have his or her identification confirmed and any associated vehicles searched.

Resident Ranchers Only
The only people allowed to pass into the checkpoints will be Harney County ranchers who own property in those specific areas. They will be required to show photo ID as they go in and out.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

I was gone a few hours and this page has only grown by 7 pages, so I'm guessing nothing exciting happened since then?

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

Mr Interweb posted:

I was gone a few hours and this page has only grown by 7 pages, so I'm guessing nothing exciting happened since then?

Hundreds of militia are streaming to their cause! Aaany time now.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Mr Interweb posted:

Ex-navy seals are headed to the compound as the FBI's HRT

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

Mr Interweb posted:

You've missed a lot of comedy, but nothing significant has happened since the news conference.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
Navy Seals are parachuting in, too.,

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

The only circumstance where a BMI can correlate reliably to another variable.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Mr Interweb posted:

Most of us are already on our way to help fight the commie government.
They won't be stealing my disability checks!

Its all cool though, we can give ourselves cool call sigs.
Mine is dereksmartdereksmartDEREKSMART

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

happyhippy posted:

Most of us are already on our way to help fight the commie government.
They won't be stealing my disability checks!

Its all cool though, we can give ourselves cool call sigs.
Mine is dereksmartdereksmartDEREKSMART

Dibs on fistfullofbitcoins

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum
So how did tarp guy die? Facebook memes are already getting posted about how he was just a family christian good ol boy who got shot in the face by the dastardly FBIII.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Aeka 2.0 posted:

So how did tarp guy die? Facebook memes are already getting posted about how he was just a family christian good ol boy who got shot in the face by the dastardly FBIII.

no official report, the narrative by sovcits is that he was surrendering peacefully (so that didn't happen)

the narrative by other sources is he tried to ram a barricade, crashed the car, and then rushed at cops yelling "shoot me"

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Hi, I am at work and don't have time to read 700+ posts right now. Did anything neat happen since about 5:00AM pacific?

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Aeka 2.0 posted:

Apparently he was running a road block (which turns his vehicle into a deadly weapon by every legal definition), then after he *crashed the car got out and ran at the cops yelling shoot me *while brandishing a gun.

*Hasn't been confirmed

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Aeka 2.0 posted:

At this point do we even know if he was shot by the FBI as opposed to a local police officer? I believe that both were present at the roadblock.

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

Gharbad the Weak posted:

Hi, I am at work and don't have time to read 700+ posts right now. Did anything neat happen since about 5:00AM pacific?

They (ineptly) dug a ditch with a backhoe.

e: also navy seals are totally gonna paradrop in to help

Abner Cadaver II fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jan 27, 2016

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

TheMadMilkman posted:

At this point do we even know if he was shot by the FBI as opposed to a local police officer? I believe that both were present at the roadblock.

He was shot in the back by the militia for deserting his vehicle.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

theflyingorc posted:

no official report, the narrative by sovcits is that he was surrendering peacefully (so that didn't happen)

the narrative by other sources is he tried to ram a barricade, crashed the car, and then rushed at cops yelling "shoot me"

Floride and gmos got you too

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Gharbad the Weak posted:

The remaining occupiers have built some kind of dirt thing and are hanging out between their cars waiting for 100+ militia men to rescue them from the siege they are now under.

No one is coming.

They are also joking about how they are about to die on a fairly regular basis.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit
Also the word is (completely unconfirmed) that Ryan Bundy tried to resist and took a non life threatening round in his arm. It seems like the FBI was extremely focused on taking these guys alive if at all possible. According to one of the people at the scene there were two other people in tarpman's vehicle when he made his suicide run and neither of them were shot.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Aeka 2.0 posted:

Barack Obama arrived clad in purple robes on a litter borne by sixteen white slaves. While Finicum was tending his cattle with his adopted children, Obama pointed at him and decreed "THAT MAN IS A CHRISTIAN, EXECUTE HIM," paid a member of the Muslim brotherhood (huma abedin) thirty of silver, and the noble rancher was beheaded live on Al Jazeera.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

ToastyPotato posted:

The remaining occupiers have built some kind of dirt thing and are hanging out between their cars waiting for 100+ militia men to rescue them from the siege they are now under.

No one is coming.

They are also joking about how they are about to die on a fairly regular basis.

"Don't get shot in the dick" advisory is in effect on the compound.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

SquadronROE posted:

Navy Seals are parachuting in, too.,

The FBI is gonna begin their own little Virtuous Mission.

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

hobbesmaster posted:

And this from the FBI's requirements for selection page:

Retired SEALs are coming alright.

That looks like a selection from the tactical recruitment program I looked at when I was getting out, its only a requirement for that.

Basically HRT has a program where people with tactical experience can get hired and be guaranteed a shot at HRT selection after short stint as a regular agent, normally you get to HRT by being a special agent for at least 5 years or some such and being nominated for selection by a supervisor.

The only reason there's a "requirement to be a seal" section is because it's the only type of experience they accept as valid from the Navy, I qualified just for being in the regular old infantry.

Jarmak fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Jan 27, 2016

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I hope they bring a world war 1 tank out of mothballs to cross their trench line, and film it in brainy black and white.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Barack Obama arrived clad in purple robes on a litter borne by sixteen white slaves. While Finicum was tending his cattle with his adopted children, Obama pointed at him and decreed "THAT MAN IS A CHRISTIAN, EXECUTE HIM," paid a member of the Muslim brotherhood (huma abedin) thirty of silver, and the noble rancher was beheaded live on Al Jazeera.

Im still not convinced this isn't all a ploy by Fox as a promo for the X-Files

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Kazak_Hstan posted:

I hope they bring a world war 1 tank out of mothballs to cross their trench line, and film it in brainy black and white.

Only if it's an A7V.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Jarmak posted:

The only reason there's a "requirement to be a seal" section is because it's the only type of experience they except as valid from the Navy, I qualified just for being in the regular old infantry.

More to the point, combat veterans are coming!

• Locked thread