Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

This feed is really choppy, every once in a while someone will talk and I think Walking Dead is on because one of those guys sounds just like Merle.

Oh, selfie break!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Hearing a lot of "You ready's" all of a sudden.

They gonna do something interesting?

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

EorayMel posted:

They're taking a group photo

"This is for America and the future and my children"

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

EorayMel posted:

They were taking a group picture !

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

blablablabla posted:

Are the people talking about FIFA camps mean FEMA camps?

theyre coming for our football!

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Abner Cadaver II posted:

They're taking a group photo

"This is for America and the future and my children"

You might take are freedoms but you'll pry that selfie from their cold dead hands!

Edit: This is starting loop from funny to sad again. Is this supposed to be a suicide photo or a "Hey we were the last dipshits to realize how hosed we were and are about to try leaving?" congratulatory photo?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

They're acting like they're gearing up for a death run.

But they've been acting like that for like 16 hours straight.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Abner Cadaver II posted:

So they're going to start building fires it sounds like. I hope it goes as well as their first attempt.

It's time to fight arson convictions with arson convictions.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

So do they maybe not wonder if livestreaming the revolution might be counterproductive to its success?

Kind of like tweeting about robbing a place while you're doing it?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Abner Cadaver II posted:

I bet she is rabidly pro-life too.

The Stallion That Mounts The Federal Government Right After The Social Security Check Arrives

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Levitate posted:

I don't think they have any belief that they can hold off the FBI or that they'll win, they just like to think that they'll take a bunch of them out and go down in a blaze of glory and be remembered as true patriots who started the revolution.

Yup. I've been saying ever since March of last year that these extremists do not think of winning, they only think about how to get a giant battle. They are actually laying out a variety of firearms and positioning magazines as if they are going to live long enough to return fire.

It would be loving awesome if the FBI rolls in and uses non-lethal means to subdue them all and take them alive. More than anything else I can think of that would crush the morale of the Liberty movement.

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK
Why doesn't the FBI have remote operated weapons on their armored vehicles? They could assault that place with absolutely zero risk to themselves. That would also be a potent threat to get the holdouts to give it up.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's kind of sad because this song is now literally wrong.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Prester Jane posted:

It would be loving awesome if the FBI rolls in and uses non-lethal means to subdue them all and take them alive. More than anything else I can think of that would crush the morale of the Liberty movement.

yes if they dont' all end up surrendering first I hope that is exactly what happens. No glory, no martyrs, no unnecessary deaths, just arrest and a trial

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Torpor posted:

Why doesn't the FBI have remote operated weapons on their armored vehicles? They could assault that place with absolutely zero risk to themselves. That would also be a potent threat to get the holdouts to give it up.

The amount of howling from both sides of the aisle about using armed drones on American citizens would be insane to hear. Never mind that the sort of automated weapons people think of when it comes to drones aren't exactly really precise.

And really, assuming the police haven't started doing that it kind of sets a bad precedent to start now. Or ever, really. Remote operated automated weapon systems take a lot of the burdens of responsibility off of the person using them.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Jan 28, 2016

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

HONK HONK

Archonex posted:

The amount of howling from both sides of the aisle about using armed drones on American citizens would be insane to hear. Never mind that the sort of automated weapons people think of when it comes to drones aren't exactly really precise.

And really, assuming the police haven't started doing that it kind of sets a bad precedent to start now.

I mean a crew operated remote machine gun you stick on your vehicle. Not some semi autonomous robot thing.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Strap one of those tazer landmines to an RC car.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

blablablabla posted:

Are the people talking about FIFA camps mean FEMA camps?

F1 camps. They aren't going to Gitmo, they're going to Bernie Ecclestone's Nazi rape dungeon.

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

Prester Jane posted:

I hope they use that foamy stuff.

OwlFancier posted:

Strap one of those tazer landmines to an RC car.

Hell, just paint FBI on some RC cars and wait until they run out of ammo.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

LRAD except it plays What What in the Butt at top volume on repeat.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
The kids are gone, carpet bomb them with dildos

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
http://tfr.faa.gov/save_pages/detail_6_7337.html

Affected Area(s) Top
Airspace Definition:
Center: On the WILDHORSE VOR/DME (ILR) 148 degree radial at 20.2 nautical miles. (Latitude: 43º15'57"N, Longitude: 118º50'40"W)
Radius: 3 nautical miles
Altitude: From the surface up to and including 3000 feet AGL
Effective Date(s):
From January 27, 2016 at 2200 UTC
To February 10, 2016 at 1400 UTC
6/7337

Click for Sectional
NOTAM Text
Operating Restrictions and Requirements Top
No pilots may operate an aircraft in the areas covered by this NOTAM (except as described).
ONLY RELIEF AIRCRAFT OPERATIONS UNDER DIRECTION OF FBI ARE AUTHORIZED IN THE AIRSPACE

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

HONK HONK
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/CROWS

Something like this would actually be very useful.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

Torpor posted:

I mean a crew operated remote machine gun you stick on your vehicle. Not some semi autonomous robot thing.

Oh, yeah, I got that. Edited my post but i'll switch it back and post here to clarify that it'd almost surely end up cycling back into the whole "is it right to use drones on american civilians" debate. Since it's still an automated weapon system and people are dumb.

Plus, unless i'm mistaken those sort of weapon systems aren't used by police forces for offensive actions. Outside of a few rare exceptions i'm almost certain that only the military uses that sort of gear.

Giving these chucklefucks any sort of legitimacy at this point is really not a good idea. So i'd hope they'd hold off on that and just carpet bomb the place with flashbangs and tear gas until they give up rather than rely on good old fashioned automated death dispensing machines.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Prester Jane posted:

Yup. I've been saying ever since March of last year that these extremists do not think of winning, they only think about how to get a giant battle. They are actually laying out a variety of firearms and positioning magazines as if they are going to live long enough to return fire.

The people who would be affected by this morale hit seem to be the ones too scared or too fake to do anything anyway. The people willing to die or face charges (at least if it was me) will be looking at malheur and thinking "okay there's the magic words to get at least 3 weeks publicity, maybe I could get to 5 and break the high score for my chosen issue".

And that's even assuming said person isn't riled up by the propaganda coming directly out of this, just that they see and know how to repeat it.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jan 28, 2016

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Goddamnit Hillary!

Its about the minerals!

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

Torpor posted:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/CROWS

Something like this would actually be very useful.

The militia might have the tools to retaliate in kind!

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Vahakyla posted:

http://tfr.faa.gov/save_pages/detail_6_7337.html

Affected Area(s) Top
Airspace Definition:
Center: On the WILDHORSE VOR/DME (ILR) 148 degree radial at 20.2 nautical miles. (Latitude: 43º15'57"N, Longitude: 118º50'40"W)
Radius: 3 nautical miles
Altitude: From the surface up to and including 3000 feet AGL
Effective Date(s):
From January 27, 2016 at 2200 UTC
To February 10, 2016 at 1400 UTC
6/7337

Click for Sectional
NOTAM Text
Operating Restrictions and Requirements Top
No pilots may operate an aircraft in the areas covered by this NOTAM (except as described).
ONLY RELIEF AIRCRAFT OPERATIONS UNDER DIRECTION OF FBI ARE AUTHORIZED IN THE AIRSPACE
:stare:

Is that an FBI no-fly zone over the compound?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

fade5 posted:

The thing I've learned over the last 24 hours is that apparently the FBI don't gently caress around.

When they go to bat, they really go to bat.

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

fade5 posted:

Makes sense - you don't want some random guy in a cessna in the area when these guys have already taken pot shots at drones.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

fade5 posted:

Well, the militia was talking about having a bunch of Navy Seals paradrop in to support them. :allears:

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Archonex posted:

Oh, yeah, I got that. Edited my post but i'll switch it back and post here to clarify that it'd almost surely end up cycling back into the whole "is it right to use drones on american civilians" debate. Since it's still an automated weapon system and people are dumb.

Plus, unless i'm mistaken those sort of weapon systems aren't used by police forces for offensive actions. Outside of a few rare exceptions i'm almost certain that only the military uses that sort of gear.

Giving these chucklefucks any sort of legitimacy at this point is really not a good idea. So i'd hope they'd hold off on that and just carpet bomb the place with flashbangs and tear gas until they give up rather than rely on good old fashioned automated death dispensing machines.

It's literally a gun that you control with a joystick(?) from inside the vehicle. Unfortunately you're probably right that some moron will call it a drone.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

buttcoinbrony posted:

It's literally a gun that you control with a joystick(?) from inside the vehicle. Unfortunately you're probably right that some moron will call it a drone.

So what, they call eye floaters drones with active camo.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

STAC Goat posted:

The thing I've learned over the last 24 hours is that apparently the FBI don't gently caress around.

its almost like we've gotten really good at dealing with idiots with small arms holed up inside a building

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Before CROWS became popular they also made this kind of hilarious plexiglass thing for mounting on top of a hummer. It basically turned it into a ball turret from an old WW2 bomber, made of armored plastic.

The most belligerent popemobile.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

go3 posted:

its almost like we've gotten really good at dealing with idiots with small arms holed up inside a building
Lots and lots of practice.:v:

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost
I missed a bunch of pages and I need to know...

were the dogs rescued? :ohdear:

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

STAC Goat posted:

96% conviction rate when they actually go after someone, and that's actually following the law and not just dragging someone in and beating a confession out of them like most LEO's do.

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

18 Character Limit posted:

I missed a bunch of pages and I need to know...

were the dogs rescued? :ohdear:

Not yet - they were trying to get some rancher to come take them away on horseback some hours ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
This guy on NTA is a hoot

• Locked thread