Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Tempest_56 posted:

Here's something I threw together a while ago (and just updated) to kinda help ease a friend into the game. Broke the heists down to A-F tiers. (Roughly equal number per tier, so 8-8-8-8-7.) It worked OK as a very rough guideline of the poo poo that should be avoided vs. what should be played.

This is a terrible list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Goat Heist is actually the best, sorry.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Yeah at first I thought maybe this was just a raw breakdown of time/payout but goat heist should rank pretty high on that metric, too.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Goat Heist: 13-15 goats
Firestarter: 1 goat
Other heists: 0 goats

I think the numbers speak for themselves.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Big Oil is awesome and easy heist.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Tempest_56 posted:

DW ATs are pretty fun, but yeah, only if someone brings the C4 and a saw. They've got that great feeling of 'runRunRUN', because if you stay around any longer than you have to you're getting hosed. If you drill/pick, the heists are FAR too long.

Here's something I threw together a while ago (and just updated) to kinda help ease a friend into the game. Broke the heists down to A-F tiers. (Roughly equal number per tier, so 8-8-8-8-7.) It worked OK as a very rough guideline of the poo poo that should be avoided vs. what should be played.

the gently caress are you talking about

Heist tier list

S
Hotline Miami

A
Everything else except for

F
Car Shop

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Geight posted:

Yeah at first I thought maybe this was just a raw breakdown of time/payout but goat heist should rank pretty high on that metric, too.

I was more looking at the problems - I only called Goat that low because day 1's map size is problematic and there's a LOT of good heists. I originally had a list which was divided into 'good', 'okay' and 'poo poo' then realized there was like three heists in the poo poo list so it had to get broken down a bit more.

Dr Cheeto posted:

Goat Heist: 13-15 goats
Firestarter: 1 goat
Other heists: 0 goats

I think the numbers speak for themselves.

They do, though I anticipate more goats being added to more heists in the near future. I look forward to the day on White XMas I open a present and find a goat inside. And then it headbutts me to death.

E:

Kikas posted:

Big Oil is awesome and easy heist.

Big Oil is poo poo. It's full of pointless time sinks for the sake of being time sinks. Fun to do occasionally but that's about it.

Tempest_56 fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jan 27, 2016

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Tempest_56 posted:

Big Oil is poo poo. It's full of pointless time sinks for the sake of being time sinks. Fun to do occasionally but that's about it.
This is what they call a Bad Opinion

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe
I am upset you sully the name of Big Oil.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Big Oil and Framing Frame aren't perfect, but they sure are better than nonsense like Cook Off, Lab Rats, Armored Transport or Santa's Workshop.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
As much as I dislike power box defense generally, I really like Big Oil.
E:

Elman posted:

Big Oil and Framing Frame aren't perfect, but they sure are better than nonsense like Cook Off, Lab Rats, Armored Transport or Santa's Workshop.

:sever:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

LuciferMorningstar posted:

This is a terrible list.

Agree.

Something like this is so inherently subjective I think it's pretty close to meaningless. I'm not gonna list what I disagree with but there's a lot of it. Same with everyone else it seems. Ranking heists in terms of easiest to boost xp/cash is at least somewhat plausible but this poo poo is just "my opinion, man" and furthermore :words::words::words:

Psion fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Jan 27, 2016

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
If we're figuring out a tier list, let's start with clear extremes. Folks are united in hating Car Shop. What other heists are equally garbage? The only ones that come to mind for me are maybe the Bomb heists.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Jewelry Store and its derivatives are bad, their only redeeming qualities are low level requirement and being super easy to solo stealth without skills.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I'm 99% sure I did a DW transport (Crossroads, maybe?) with Samarix to get an achievement for two other goons. I'm pretty sure we didn't bring a saw or C4. It was... an experience. I'd probably do it again, though.

Depending on the transport and the team it's entirely doable. I think I've finished Harbor with pubs a few times without either saw or C4. I did it once with Park too, but we got lucky with non-aggressive spawns and the escape car showing up right next to our start spawn.

Wow an F for Framing Frame? F for Fun right? DW Pro all days loud. :getin:

UnknownMercenary fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jan 27, 2016

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!

Discendo Vox posted:

If we're figuring out a tier list, let's start with clear extremes. Folks are united in hating Car Shop. What other heists are equally garbage? The only ones that come to mind for me are maybe the Bomb heists.

If it's on DW, Transport Park is pretty awful.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Crabtree posted:

Wait, what?

Try it sometime. Read people complaining in comments or writing negative reviews of Payday 2. Look for names highlighted in green (aka "ingame") and see how many are playing Payday 2. It's usually a lot.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Psion posted:

Try it sometime. Read people complaining in comments or writing negative reviews of Payday 2. Look for names highlighted in green (aka "ingame") and see how many are playing Payday 2. It's usually a lot.

No I mean I didn't expect anyone else to say it. Its like finding a kindred cop killer in a sea of babies still crying about all the safes they love to buy.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Discendo Vox posted:

The other two on my original poo poo list?

Four Stores - I like the map, but the payout is abysmal and there's really not a lot to it. The Bank Heists at least are starter heists for newbies, but Four Stores isn't really good for teaching anything.

Ukrainian Job - All the problems of Jewelry Store, except more complicated/harder and without real improvement in payout.

I'd also say White XMas is down there, but that's mostly because I think the single assault break then Forever Assault and the decreasing present spawn rate are huge mistakes that make it by far the worst of the 'infinite' heists and for no good reason.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Tempest_56 posted:

I'd also say White XMas is down there, but that's mostly because I think the single assault break then Forever Assault and the decreasing present spawn rate are huge mistakes that make it by far the worst of the 'infinite' heists and for no good reason.

There is no longer an infinite assault.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Discendo Vox posted:

There is no longer an infinite assault.

Is that because of Winters loving with hunt mode or was it intentional?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Dr Cheeto posted:

Unclear-could be both.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Dr Cheeto posted:

lol RIP long guide prophet

E: He rises again, praise be

LuciferMorningstar fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Jan 27, 2016

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
Bomb heists own. Hth

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Well I certainly miss being able to spot tazers as it gets really hard to find them now sometimes.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Just ran Firestarter. The goat is in the cage on Day 2. Funny quirk? The van doesn't open for you to deposit the goat into. It doesn't register it as 'loot' to trigger the doors, so they stay closed until you get the server/other loot from the cage.

E: Cops also don't seem to give a drat about the goat, and didn't try to grab it despite sitting in the road by the van for ten minutes.

Tempest_56 fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Jan 27, 2016

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

So how bad are the skins this time around? I wanna know what I might get into before getting the goat.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

widespread posted:

So how bad are the skins this time around? I wanna know what I might get into before getting the goat.

They're all actually really good. Lots of base matte white / brown / black / gold.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Grapplejack posted:

They're all actually really good. Lots of base matte white / brown / black / gold.

Huh. I'll see it when I can.

In the meantime, there any reason why PD2's not going so fast on my rig? Is it due to the mods?

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

averox posted:

quote:

pissed off steam forum guy

lol

I bet that guy had his hands in the air like a bitch when Almir shot him

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Discendo Vox posted:

Me, I think I said that. They'd still make it when charging, though.

I also said it once, but as a joke, because really now.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

And here's the Legendary. Nice compensator shape, if I must say.

Also, bonus skin showoff: Australium is in the game as a material, it's just under the name "Goat Eye".

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

lol RIP long guide prophet

E: He rises again, praise be

What has no life may never die, or something.

New skins are sick. I wish I used akimbo crosskills.

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jan 28, 2016

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Tempest_56 posted:

The goat is in the cage on Day 2.

Basticle and I both had far superior ideas than this. Overkill, I'm available for a consulting gig, just saying...

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Psion posted:

Basticle and I both had far superior ideas than this. Overkill, I'm available for a consulting gig, just saying...

To clarify: the goat and the goat-themed safe are both in the cage on Day 2.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

edit: I am a dumb that liked shooting more cops than the Diesel engine likes (read: Had NGR on)

widespread fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jan 28, 2016

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
I said this to Sykic and I'll say it here. Have bain randomly be replaced by a goat on heists. He bets that you'll have an easier time cooking meth with the goat bleats than him stammering around wikipedia.

Occasionally you will hear background noise of Bain running around his basement trying to catch him and say poo poo like "No, that's my recording equipment!"

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Jan 28, 2016

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Dr Cheeto posted:

What has no life may never die, or something.

New skins are sick. I wish I used akimbo crosskills.

Those probably fetch a good price before it plummets in like a week.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

UnknownMercenary posted:

Those probably fetch a good price before it plummets in like a week.

About $8.67 last I checked. I think We're now on Purples tanking.

Though knowing Cheeto, that isn't a legit Stampede.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

From the looks of it it might take longer for mints and lightly marked ones to drop. At least they're not Bodhi skin prices (speaking from a buyer's perspective).

UnknownMercenary fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jan 28, 2016