Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx
I am so glad we all get to contribute to hundreds of thousands of dollars in federal law enforcement to boil down to this 'are you ok?' pity fireside session

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I hear what sounds like a "Your door is open" car tone.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
I really really hope that the feds have video of the initial arrest and shooting and it's shown LaVoy was armed and threatening officers. The narrative of "he was an innocent man murdered by the government" needs to be stopped. Sure, the hardest of the core will say it's faked or make other excuses, but I think there's a group that has some similar sympathies who could be swayed by the "innocent man" narrative, or swayed the other way if it's shown he was being violent, and ultimately the fewer the people who are radicalized the better

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

ToastyPotato posted:

The thing is, they are convincing themselves that the feds are going to come in an execute them or something, which is not going to happen. If they were waiting for the feds to come in to start a fire fight (because they wanted to die) then they could have started one hours ago, instead of ducking for cover whenever an aircraft passed over head.
Well yeah, I think your assessment of their quandary (want to be martyrs, would prefer not to die if at all possible) is right, but it's no good if they start the firefight. They need the evil feds to do it. Why aren't the evil feds being all evil? I guess they'll just stare at the stars until they figure it out.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

"So...what did you guys think of the new Star Wars movie?"

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Kazak_Hstan posted:

are they loving high?

drinking/drunk

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Levitate posted:

I really really hope that the feds have video of the initial arrest and shooting and it's shown LaVoy was armed and threatening officers. The narrative of "he was an innocent man murdered by the government" needs to be stopped. Sure, the hardest of the core will say it's faked or make other excuses, but I think there's a group that has some similar sympathies who could be swayed by the "innocent man" narrative, or swayed the other way if it's shown he was being violent, and ultimately the fewer the people who are radicalized the better

You mean video of an obvious crisis actor staging the shooting? Wake up.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
Apparently one guy has a big bag of weed?

WaterIsPoison
Nov 5, 2009
Anyone got some....drugs?? :420: :420:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Kazak_Hstan posted:

are they loving high?

NOT YET.

THEY WILL BE.

Everyone wants to die high.

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx
Wait what? Are they literally smoking weed? its what it sounds like

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
https://www.facebook.com/Assemblywoman-Shelly-Shelton-435691143246699/?fref=nf

read the in any given generation

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

and of course, I hope it did go down like that and the FBI didn't shoot an unarmed man even if he was a giant piece of poo poo

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
Harold and Kumar Get Ambushed by the Feds.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
What are some of the wonderful charges that these sovereigns will soon find themselves up against right now? Terrorism seems to be too trumped up to use even when they made the people that lived there scared for their very lives, but just how many ways can the courts gently caress them at least right now?

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

C.M. Kruger posted:

Another federal charge against them

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

"When the poo poo starts, the poo poo starts."

The gummi bears must be taking effect.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Turtle Sandbox posted:

Remember when this started and despite the guns some people thought this might just be a normal protest?

Like gently caress people how many red flags does it take?

People were saying that until just before the arrests.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

C.M. Kruger posted:

Lol the feds aren't even giving any more fucks about weed but these shitters are just sparking the gently caress up on federal land on camera and will have it thrown in the pile of charges. If they're smoking weed of course.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

FAUXTON posted:

Lol the feds aren't even giving any more fucks about weed but these shitters are just sparking the gently caress up on federal land on camera and will have it thrown in the pile of charges. If they're smoking weed of course.

Weed will make them less likely to fight, if they had meth it could be worse.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

"God is not going to forsake us!"

And now they're paranoid about planes again.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
We should all thank Verizon for this comedy

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

They're praying to a Brother Joshua?

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
"Fighting for our faith"

Religious extremism confirmed.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Crabtree posted:

What are some of the wonderful charges that these sovereigns will soon find themselves up against right now? Terrorism seems to be too trumped up to use even when they made the people that lived there scared for their very lives, but just how many ways can the courts gently caress them at least right now?

By this point, each of the remaining dolts have at least a dozen different felonies to their names. No matter what happens, their lives are over.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I wonder if the remaining militia have been trying to get any semblance of sleep. Sleep deprivation can't be good for their paranoia.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Jacobin posted:

Wait what? Are they literally smoking weed? its what it sounds like

Too high to die.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
Someone in the chat probably said they must be high to think that they can occupy federal lands and get away with it so they decided to take their advice.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

what exactly is going on in the NTA channel right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXbuP19AWDM

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

chitoryu12 posted:

I wonder if the remaining militia have been trying to get any semblance of sleep. Sleep deprivation can't be good for their paranoia.

There is no remaining militia. These five are it

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

buttcoinbrony posted:

what exactly is going on in the NTA channel right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXbuP19AWDM

Tequila.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I feel absolutely estastic over the course of events, even their one martyr is pathetically dropped. They all never see life beyond bars, the rest are cowered for a brief moment, and no one else has to get hurt.

Aside from that town which will always be known for this incident, and their children will always be known for being part of that.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
Forever known as That Time Those Dumb Rednecks Decided to Start the 2nd American Revolution by Squatting at the Bird Sanctuary and All They Got Was A Bunch of Dildos.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

Internet Webguy posted:

Forever known as That Time Those Dumb Rednecks Decided to Start the 2nd American Revolution by Squatting at the Bird Sanctuary and All They Got Was A Bunch of Dildos.

Someone make I Decided to Start the 2nd American Revolution by Squatting at the Bird Sanctuary and All I Got Was This Bunch of Dildos shirts pls.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

:siren: :siren: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXbuP19AWDM :siren: :siren:

i dont even know

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Internet Webguy posted:

And hot lead.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Internet Webguy posted:

It was almost certainly terrifying for everyone in town and I doubt that it'll be entirely over even when the last Bundy Bunch's backup singers are finally caught, but yeah, life will eventually go back to normal in the town. These fools didn't get far enough to cause much harm thanks to their overconfidence, so it'll happen sooner than it seems.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Did you guys see this poo poo

Start here and keep going
https://twitter.com/jjmacnab/status/692541587302260736

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
lol defendyourbase SO MAD at you guys in the chat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazak_Hstan