Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

If they go to court and then claim they don't recognize the court because of that gold fringe thing, I think a fair case will be made for an insanity plea.

These people just don't live in the same reality that the rest of America does.

Uh not really, most of the precedent here involves these shitheads getting tasered by bailiffs in hilarious videos on YouTube.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Bastard Tetris posted:

Uh not really, most of the precedent here involves these shitheads getting tasered by bailiffs in hilarious videos on YouTube.

... why have I not seen this.

Any "best-of" links?

So, what, hold them in contempt of court on top of everything else?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Any "best-of" links?

Also requesting.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

If they go to court and then claim they don't recognize the court because of that gold fringe thing, I think a fair case will be made for an insanity plea.

That's not what insanity plea means.

It's OK that you're not familiar with how the SovCit mind works, but they aren't insane in the legal sense. They always go into court spouting their magic words and never, at any point, stop believing that they'll work.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The reason behind it is that they believe that the Law of the Flag (anyone aboard a ship is subject to the laws of the state corresponding to the flag flown by that vessel) extends onto dry land, under the same logic as why you're subject to the laws of an embassy's home country when at that embassy. Furthermore, they (falsely) believe that a flag with a gold fringe is specifically a military flag, citing a non-existent part of a 1959 executive order defining how the US flag should be designed. Therefore, a court that hangs a "military flag" with a gold fringe is actually under the Law of the Flag and thus the judge is essentially the captain of the ship, giving him total reign to decide laws in the courtroom as he sees fit.

The hilarious part is that all it takes to discredit the notion is to just pull up the requisite executive order and notice how fringes never come up anywhere.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Any "best-of" links?

So, what, hold them in contempt of court on top of everything else?

https://youtu.be/RfVbiefMdNU

This is the best one. All sovcit tasing videos flow from this one

Edit: p barnes is an American hero

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Vahakyla posted:

But the military is on their side.

Oh yea, as was said, this is the best part. Patriots have built up this fantasy about how the Military is made up of people who just hate the civilian leaders they are forced to serve under. If they would just be allowed to do things their way, the world would be safe because we're AMERICA and we can do anything if we put enough boots on the group and nukes in the air for Freedom.

As soon as the brave Patriots fire the first shot all the NCOs on down will frag their Obama approved officers and march off to join their brothers in arms.

Or the people in the military are mostly people doing their job as best they can like everyone else and hope they aren't put in a situation where they have to risk their lives. Unless they're some glory hound or psychopath like Chris Kyle. I doubt many people in the military or vets would have kind words to say about these guys who are all the poster boys for Stolen Valor.

theflyingorc posted:

my favorite thing about this is his smug laugh as if hes thinking "These sheeple don't know I know the magic words that enable me to do anything I want", followed by how much patients and leeway the bailiffs give him before finally tazing him.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
Don't forget the utmost importance of the Uniform Commercial Code.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXbuP19AWDM

Are these guys talking about their youtube channels now? They are talking about their youtube channels now. This is surreal.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc
I'm on my phone now, but in the morning I'll try to write up a "What is a SovCit" post to explain what's probably going to happen when Bundy appears in court.

The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Kazak_Hstan posted:

I hope these guys are enjoying being racial minorities in jail, and on the bottom of the racial hierarchy.

You say this as if their ideology isn't already very simpatico with white supremacist prison gangs like Aryan Nation.

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Are they actually not arresting people as they leave?

FBI has had a couple really good days, but I am ... skeptical of the wisdom of that.

Oh well, they seem to be on their game at this point, deferring judgement I guess.

Didn't the FBI end up arresting everyone's goatee'd dildo-enragee in Arizona after he had left? I'd assume the individuals packing up and heading home are all under a microscope, seems easiest and safest to just round them up individually in the same way.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

The Insect Court posted:

Didn't the FBI end up arresting everyone's goatee'd dildo-enragee in Arizona after he had left? I'd assume the individuals packing up and heading home are all under a microscope, seems easiest and safest to just round them up individually in the same way.

Yep, DADDY SWORE AN OATH and it turns out they picked up him up at home in Arizona after he bugged out early. :lol:

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

quote:

Duane Ehmer, the much-photographed horse-mounted cowboy from Irrigon, Oregon, was confirmed to have left.

"We have him and his horse," a law enforcement official said.
Bad horse, bad horse...

Also, reports seem pretty certain that the little campfire group are the only people remaining. There's few enough that the FBI might be able to take them nonlethally, i think

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

twistedmentat posted:

So LaVoy wrote a book

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014901Q8Q?tag=buzz0f-20

I'd advise reading the 5 star reviews. There's some troll ones, but a apparently a lot of people like it, because they totally agree with him

Though can someone explain what TEOTWAWKI means? Is it like RahoWa?

... Spalmed?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

theflyingorc posted:

I love every moment of this.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

theflyingorc posted:

I knew the video before I even clicked. Genuinely a classic tazing video. "I am not a person."

meristem
Oct 2, 2010
I HAVE THE ETIQUETTE OF STIFF AND THE PERSONALITY OF A GIANT CUNT.
I'm kind of oddly worried about Fry now. I'd like to see a confirmation that he got peacefully arrested before this ends.

Just think, if he had found a different Internet echo chamber, he could have been an ardent, avid Bernie bro now. Extremely annoying in its own way, obviously, but at least not on his way to, eh, prison, I guess.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

theflyingorc posted:

Oh my god. Dale Gribble was a documentary animated in real time.

The look on the poor guy's face when the SovCit Entity says he's not an American Citizen as he was not born in Washington D.C... :crossarms: :jerkbag: :stare:

Oh my god it gets better.

"Let the record show that you just battered me... and you're usingAUGGGHHHHHHHH awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Jan 28, 2016

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

theflyingorc posted:

Don't make joinder with me bro!

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

meristem posted:

I'm kind of oddly worried about Fry now. I'd like to see a confirmation that he got peacefully arrested before this ends.

Just think, if he had found a different Internet echo chamber, he could have been an ardent, avid Bernie bro now. Extremely annoying in its own way, obviously, but at least not on his way to, eh, prison, I guess.

He'd be a $10,000 whale in Star Citizen. Hell, he might actually be one now.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

The Crotch posted:

... Spalmed?

God, I love how loving detailed the book is about killing people you don't like.
That's all these people want, to be able to kill anyone for any reason.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Internet Webguy posted:

I imagine that the FBI is just kicking back and celebrating while watching the stream. Flicking off the cell signal every once in a while to gently caress with him.

This would be awesome. and every time they do shut it off the bozos can hear the FBI guys laughing their asses off.
The feds sent the goon squad to take care of the holdouts. Prepare for random memes shouted over loudspeakers.
"I'M A FIRIN' MAH LAZOR! BWAAAAAARRRRRRRRHHHHHHHH!"
*eight hours of nyan cat on repeat with a few FBI dudes running around with puppets of it*
*chopper roars by* "GET TO DAH CHOPPAH!"
*chopper drops thousands of "GET OUT" frogs*

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

theflyingorc posted:

... I wanna be P. Barnes when I grow up.

twistedmentat posted:

my favorite thing about this is his smug laugh as if hes thinking "These sheeple don't know I know the magic words that enable me to do anything I want", followed by how much patients and leeway the bailiffs give him before finally tazing him.
I think my favorite part has to be the look on his face. You know he had to have such a smarmy loving face when he's talking down to all these guys... and then he gets tazed.

theflyingorc posted:

I'm on my phone now, but in the morning I'll try to write up a "What is a SovCit" post to explain what's probably going to happen when Bundy appears in court.
Effortpost would be appreciated. I know the broad strokes, but not the little dumb-rear end reasoning behind it (like the maritime flag thing)

twistedmentat posted:

God, I love how loving detailed the book is about killing people you don't like.
That's all these people want, to be able to kill anyone for any reason.

And I can just imagine him furiously masturbating as he's writing that passage.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

SocketWrench posted:

The feds sent the goon squad to take care of the holdouts.
:Black chopper with giant speakers rolls up:
ATTENTION MILITIA MEMBERS:
WE WILL NOW BE READING YOU THE ENTIRE TWILIGHT TRILOGY... - chapter 1 - FIRST SIGHT. My mother drove me to the airport with the windows rolled down...

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

FilthyImp posted:

WE WILL NOW BE READING YOU THE ENTIRE TWILIGHT TRILOGY... - chapter 1 - FIRST SIGHT. My mother drove me to the airport with the windows rolled down...

Best of Chuck Tingle would be better

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Do it you fuckers. Don't hide that poo poo. Expose these assholes as the lying, fraudulent turds of society they are

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

FilthyImp posted:

gently caress that. Ted Cruz erotic fanfiction.

http://www.latimes.com/books/jacketcopy/la-et-jc-ted-cruz-erotic-novel-christmas-20151222-story.html

The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Precambrian posted:

He knows that if anyone shoots or kills a fed, he gets really hosed, like even worse than he is now. He also might be trying to put on a lawyer-recommended show of cooperation so that the feds are more amicable to making a deal (as he sells out everyone there).

Jihadists apparently make very cooperative interrogation suspects because they never thought getting caught was a possibility. They believed God was on their side and they failed anyway, that shakes up their belief system and makes it more difficult for them to resist.

It's entirely possible the same thing is going on here with the yokels the FBI nabbed in that traffic stop. They were convinced they were going to kick off a new American Revolution, at a bare minimum die heroically taking down a swarm of jack-booted government stormtroopers.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess the government employee that gets hung at the end of TarpMan's Fantasy Epic is not a white woman.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

SocketWrench posted:

Do it you fuckers. Don't hide that poo poo. Expose these assholes as the lying, fraudulent turds of society they are

I doubt this would get buried all things considered, I think it's just a matter of timing. Normally they'd sit on it like they are all info they don't legally have to release, but for PR purposes they're considering releasing one of the tapes early

This is impressive because normally the FBI is 100% pure strain DGAF

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

oohhboy posted:

LOL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd5ZLJWQmss
Even if there is such a thing, there is no end game where they all get killed.

If I wanted to extract them, by air is their best bet. They still highly likely to get caught, but a drat sight better than Operation Market Garden:Redneck Edition.

C'mon, even MG wasn't as hosed up as this bullshit was. They at least landed in country with supplies.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I think the guy that took the Crowdfunding stash and hosed off to drink in a motel made the wisest choices.

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

A Winner is Jew posted:

I literally wrote "I want to stare at half naked little boys all day" as the reason why I wanted to work as a lifeguard at a scout camp one year, and I worked with 2 people that were openly gay and another two that were bisexual over the 6 years I worked there.

I mean you learn how to loving tie other people up and work with leather. Scouts couldn't be more gay if it tried.

To be fair I grew up in a pretty conservative neighborhood and the scouts taught me that gay people were equally deserving of respect and friendship cause my troop's leaders weren't loving assholes, which was progressive in the early 90s.

theflyingorc posted:

Thanks for this, it's the epitome of SovCit tasering.

Bastard Tetris fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Jan 28, 2016

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Fry seems like the one whose the most bought in his own poo poo. Even the people he's with seem like they're willing to give up when confronted when they're on the phone with their mom or whoever. Fry is dramatic and yells about how he's going to die and might legit be crazy enough to open fire on the feds.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Bastard Tetris posted:

To be fair I grew up in a pretty conservative neighborhood and the scouts taught me that gay people were equally deserving of respect and friendship cause my troop's leaders weren't loving assholes, which was progressive in the early 90s.

Thanks for this, it's the epitome of SovCit tasering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCozh_vbYdM

If just for the first officer

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Honestly, fry seems like he just wants ANY hill to die on. The dude could really do well with some serious time sitting down with a shrink and figuring out why he's so determined to throw away his life on what is becoming more and more of a lost cause.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

FilthyImp posted:

Oh my god. Dale Gribble was a documentary animated in real time.

The look on the poor guy's face when the SovCit Entity says he's not an American Citizen as he was not born in Washington D.C... :crossarms: :jerkbag: :stare:

Oh my god it gets better.

"Let the record show that you just battered me... and you're usingAUGGGHHHHHHHH awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

They handled that poorly. After he got tazed they shoulda left him there and every time he started up with his bullshit again give him another jolt

Zeond
Oct 16, 2008

Please give generously to The League for Fighting Chartered Accountancy, 55 Lincoln House, Basil Street, London, SW3.

FilthyImp posted:

I think the guy that took the Crowdfunding stash and hosed off to drink in a motel made the wisest choices.

At the time, probably yes. However Captain O has been indicted with Ammon and the rest and was arrested apparently without incident.

Looking through the criminal complaint it reads like they were going to indict Tarpman as well but he's permanently out of federal jurisdiction now.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7KRZQXdDac

Wow, so many excuses. You could've left hours ago, but didn't. You made the choice. Face the music.

"Drop the charges and nobody dies." :|

e: for clarification, this is the latest Defend Your Base video, in which ... all the excuses are made.

Rodenthar Drothman fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Jan 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Holy poo poo I was not expecting that! :laffo:

• Locked thread