Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Nastier Nate posted:

Well how about you keep screaming how these elected governors and senators HAVE BRAIN DAMAGE AND SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN ELECTED! Especially the ones from blue/purple states who at one point were very popular (Christie) or still are in their state (Kasich). For your sake I hope most democrats don't share your point of view because if they do, I'll be preparing for the Trumpenreich.

reminder: Romney had 1 term as governor of MA and decided not to run for re-election. He has less of a record then most of the GOP currently running.

Romney also didn't have a totally poo poo campaign (mostly) had some actual important legislation people didn't hate get passed under him, and he had been slowly building support in the party with a coherent strategy. Your not actually refuting my points here; all your doing is screaming about the sky falling. Do you deny everyone hates Ted Cruz? Do you deny that Macro Rubio is a lazy sack of poo poo? Like these aren't opinions you just need to actually pay attention instead of attributing some magical property to Trump.

Disclaimer: I am not saying the dem's should be lazy in the general if Trump is nominated I am saying Trump does not have high prospects in the general when he's succeeding due to a catastrophic amount of failure on his enemies part. He weaponized the "Discovery -> scrutiny -> collapse" model.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zelder posted:

Despite our inherent love of gold and money, I don't think trump will peel off a significant amount of the black vote. I suppose it all remains to be seen though

Kanye west is going to be VP

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Nessus posted:

I believe Christie is widely loathed and these guys are largely protected by having governor elections not be the same year as presidential elections.

I wonder how many points Christie loses from looking straight into the camera. It's unsettling. The whole "I will fight for YOU" thing that's behind that is so done. That said I don't think he's the worst person on the stage. A Republican who refuses to work with Democrats will only get half as much done. That's why Ted Cruz needs to gently caress off- he'll divide the country worse than Trump, because Trump has that disease where he just wants people to love him. He'll say gently caress the GOP and do what it takes to get people to like/vote for him as often as they're able to. Hell, he's already saying 'gently caress the GOP'. Even if you don't admire him, you gotta admit it's refreshing.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Vladimir Putin posted:

The speed at which he dismantles his opponents should be very worrisome. And his political instincts which may run counter to established practices (like this debate debacle) shows you he is a deft strategist and tactician. No joke, either Clinton or Sanders SHOULD NOT take Trump lightly. These high risk moves that veer off script are potential game changers are should be very dangerous to conventional candidates.

I deffo agree with this. For better or for worse, he's changed the calculus of this game

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Vile posted:

Kanye west is going to be VP

I think that would interfere with his 2020 run

waves is gonna be good

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vladimir Putin posted:

The speed at which he dismantles his opponents should be very worrisome. And his political instincts which may run counter to established practices (like this debate debacle) shows you he is a deft strategist and tactician. No joke, either Clinton or Sanders SHOULD NOT take Trump lightly. These high risk moves that veer off script are potential game changers are should be very dangerous to conventional candidates.

How would skipping debates work in the general? Cause honestly it would be pretty funny if he refused to show and all the debates were just repeats of the 2011 Press Dinner with Trump getting roasted for an hour lol. He dismantles his opponents because they are flimsy campaigns were if you take a close look you realize they are built using load bearing dry wall.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Harold Stassen posted:

A Republican who refuses to work with Democrats will only get half as much done. That's why Ted Cruz needs to gently caress off- he'll divide the country worse than Trump, because Trump has that disease where he just wants people to love him. He'll say gently caress the GOP and do what it takes to get people to like/vote for him as often as they're able to. Hell, he's already saying 'gently caress the GOP'. Even if you don't admire him, you gotta admit it's refreshing.
A Republican who refuses to work with Democrats is more ideologically pure, keeps his job, and is able to grift better.

Dividing the country is OK as long as it's, you know, other people who get the short end of the stick.

It's not refreshing at all. It's the same shtick Ted Cruz uses, Trump is just coming from a different position (an admittedly better one in a lot of ways) and has more personal charisma and media savvy than Cruz. Literally everyone hates Ted Cruz and he's still #2 in the polls - because Republicans like that kind of poo poo!

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

If any of the new email stuff is remotely true trump won't need to beat Hillary, and then we can finally have the insanity of a Bernie v Trump general.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Throwing a temper tantrum on national television because a women didn't suck your dick: bold strategy.

breaklaw
May 12, 2008

Zelder posted:

Despite our inherent love of gold and money, I don't think trump will peel off a significant amount of the black vote. I suppose it all remains to be seen though

I think it's quite possible. Nothing like 40% or anything, but he'll probably do better than anyone else has since the Southern Strategy started. I think a lot of black men do love Bill but aren't so wild about Hillary, and not all blacks who live in Hispanic heavy areas see illegal immigrants as nothing more than fellow oppressed minorities. I think he could pull in something like 15-20%, especially after the pivot.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

The car tax will soon be history.

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zelder posted:

I think that would interfere with his 2020 run

waves is gonna be good

Put on your tinfoil hat. Trump becomes President. Kanye west VP. Trump abolishes elections and declares himself God Emperor after easily crushing all his opponents, defeating Isis, taking over Iran, making Russia the 51st state, and ritualistically sacrificing roger ailes on TrumpTV (now the only media channel allowed). Trump appoints Kanye as president, a symbolic title only in 2020 to help deal with the mass unrest by the democrats down in the salt mines

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
This Slate interview with Rick Perlstein reminded me that at some point Trump will be in a race where he has to justify stumping on what would be the largest ethnic cleansing in modern history.

We should be shocked that he's being given a pass on it by a major party, but I'm fine with them deciding to let that one get hashed out in the general.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Venom Snake posted:

Okay I'm not talking about elections here.

Hillary's ... completely sink Trump in the general.

Venom Snake posted:

this "Trump beats Hillary" meme ...

Basically Sanders or Hillary would eat him alive in the general.

:confused:

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP!

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Proof that Mexican women love Trump.

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

gulp indeed

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

lmao

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Harold Stassen posted:

I wonder how many points Christie loses from looking straight into the camera. It's unsettling. The whole "I will fight for YOU" thing that's behind that is so done. That said I don't think he's the worst person on the stage. A Republican who refuses to work with Democrats will only get half as much done. That's why Ted Cruz needs to gently caress off- he'll divide the country worse than Trump, because Trump has that disease where he just wants people to love him. He'll say gently caress the GOP and do what it takes to get people to like/vote for him as often as they're able to. Hell, he's already saying 'gently caress the GOP'. Even if you don't admire him, you gotta admit it's refreshing.

It's theoretically refreshing. But the same guy dissing Fox News got endorsed by Sarah Palin. The same one who is against foreign internationalism wants to "Bomb them and take their oil" (presumably through telekinesis.) He Loves Muslims, he wants to ban muslims, but not all muslims, just the bad guys, but indefinitely, possibly until terrorism ends somehow everywhere. He spoke eloquently about 9/11 and the next day was trying to ratfuck opponents off the ballot.

A trump presidency would be the first one where, after the first four years, the president could run against himself.

Edit:

breaklaw posted:

I think it's quite possible. Nothing like 40% or anything, but he'll probably do better than anyone else has since the Southern Strategy started. I think a lot of black men do love Bill but aren't so wild about Hillary, and not all blacks who live in Hispanic heavy areas see illegal immigrants as nothing more than fellow oppressed minorities. I think he could pull in something like 15-20%, especially after the pivot.

http://gawker.com/the-collected-quotes-of-donald-trump-on-the-blacks-1719961925

Hey Zelder, you guys have computers, right?

Golden Bee fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Jan 28, 2016

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

Winkie01 posted:

Best post in this thread.
Weirdest pro-Trump journo

https://translate.googleusercontent...WJS06X8BpkuiHfg

that's right, the woman in the linked picture is a) apparently all-natural and b) a practising jew from venezuela who writes lengthy essays like it's zyx.org

how can we use lunacy as a source of clean energy?

breaklaw
May 12, 2008

Intel&Sebastian posted:

This Slate interview with Rick Perlstein reminded me that at some point Trump will be in a race where he has to justify stumping on what would be the largest ethnic cleansing in modern history.

We should be shocked that he's being given a pass on it by a major party, but I'm fine with them deciding to let that one get hashed out in the general.

This. This type of poo poo right here. You wonder where all this pol\alt-right poo poo is coming from? It's poo poo like this that will only get worse wen the general starts. Trump might win 75% of the white male vote.

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine
Watch out Hillary will upload some more instagram photos and win back the youth vote after they stop giving a poo poo when bernie gets smashed by party politics.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Someone in this thread said Santorum Surge earlier and I almost lost my lunch because the imagery is inescapable.

pantsofwar posted:

Well I would if I where him. Might as well enjoy the free show and maybe get a chance to do some crowd surfing or bust out his mad skill's with his bass guitar.

It will probably just be another rally but the Donald J. Trump Smile Time Variety Hour should be a like a Jerry Lewis telethon but with skits and sketches and cutting away to unrelated Conway Twitty performances.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Anal Papist posted:

If any of the new email stuff is remotely true

... Say Republicans nervously, for the seventh time this year

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

breaklaw posted:

I don't think a lot of minorities of any type will be voting for the man who is being called the modern hitler by a not insignificant amount of people.

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

Harold Stassen posted:

Someone in this thread said Santorum Surge earlier and I almost lost my lunch because the imagery is inescapable.

It will probably just be another rally but the Donald J. Trump Smile Time Variety Hour should be a like a Jerry Lewis telethon but with skits and sketches and cutting away to unrelated Conway Twitty performances.

So Hee Haw

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

https://twitter.com/VictorCNN/status/692778484335255553

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Venom Snake posted:

I don't think a lot of minorities of any type will be voting for the man who is being called the modern hitler by a not insignificant amount of people.

No one cares because it's the boy who cried Hitler, we've been over this.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007
So does the venue for Trump's circus really only seat 750 people? The fanfare around all this bullshit made me think Trump was gonna bodyslam Fox News in front of 90,000 screaming Trumpamaniacs. If he can't even clear a thousand that's not nearly as scary.

Some might even call it... low energy...

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Tits 2016, 2020, 2024, 2028....

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Venom Snake posted:

Romney also didn't have a totally poo poo campaign (mostly) had some actual important legislation people didn't hate get passed under him, and he had been slowly building support in the party with a coherent strategy. Your not actually refuting my points here; all your doing is screaming about the sky falling. Do you deny everyone hates Ted Cruz? Do you deny that Macro Rubio is a lazy sack of poo poo? Like these aren't opinions you just need to actually pay attention instead of attributing some magical property to Trump.

Disclaimer: I am not saying the dem's should be lazy in the general if Trump is nominated I am saying Trump does not have high prospects in the general when he's succeeding due to a catastrophic amount of failure on his enemies part. He weaponized the "Discovery -> scrutiny -> collapse" model.

I'm refuting the points that:

1. Romney had a record to run on, when he in fact has less of a record then every 2 term governor in the GOP field.
2. Romney's campaign was a gaffe filled disaster and he didn't have the Trump advantage of being made of teflon. 2012 was the year of: the trees are just the right height, making fun of a local bakeries cookies, i have friends who are NASCAR owners, car elevator and couple of cadillacs, please proceed governor and the now famous 47% remark. And those are just the ones I remeber off the top of my head.
3. As other's have pointed out Hillary is not as strong when it comes to elections as it seems. She's won 2 in her life. 1 was re-election in a democratic wave year, the other was as a carpetbagger, the wife of a sitting president, when the real contender, Rudy Guliani, an actual New Yorker had to drop out for personal reasons. Bernie Sanders is a far stronger campaigner than she is, but I don't see him winning the nomination.
4. The candidates running against Trump are serious politicians, with real cross-over appeal. Christie and Kasich at the least didn't get elected to states with a democratic majority of voters by accident. Even if you don't like them or agree with their politics, they are serious politicians with real records to run on.

Look, my point is, underestimate Trump now, and in the general by claiming that he's basically won the primary by accident is not going to help. He's already started running for the general now and Hillary supporters should be very scared if he can decimate her half as well as he's done to the rest of the republican field. I still think Hillary is favored, but she's managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory before.

I will however make no effort to defend Ted Cruz, fortunately he won't be the republican nominee.

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine

Venom Snake posted:

When can we come together and say that to be honest Hitler really isn't as bad as Trump?

Especially when you consider that Hitler mostly only killed white people. This is versus Trump who will kill all the muslims and mexicans. Honestly this hitler = the worst poo poo is just white privilege.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

breaklaw posted:

This. This type of poo poo right here. You wonder where all this pol\alt-right poo poo is coming from? It's poo poo like this that will only get worse wen the general starts. Trump might win 75% of the white male vote.

Perlsteins wording, not mine. And not incorrect. The definition includes expulsion.

U got schlonged

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jan 28, 2016

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Venom Snake posted:

How would skipping debates work in the general? Cause honestly it would be pretty funny if he refused to show and all the debates were just repeats of the 2011 Press Dinner with Trump getting roasted for an hour lol. He dismantles his opponents because they are flimsy campaigns were if you take a close look you realize they are built using load bearing dry wall.

He's not going to pull a repeat of what he did in the primaries, you have to see what he's pulling right now as more of a pattern, a demonstration of what he's capable of. And what he's capable of doing is pretty scary. He dismantled every opponent who started polling close to him without fail. Sure some are just not qualified like Carson. But people like Cruz and Bush aren't unqualified and they aren't stupid. He's still destroying bush on a regular basis even though he doesn't need to anymore.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Phlegmish posted:

No one cares because it's the boy who cried Hitler, we've been over this.

And the story might be different if it was called "the boy who cried there's a wolf on top of you"

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Enforcing our immigration laws, which are among the more liberal in the world, is not "ethnic cleansing"

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

Vladimir Putin posted:

He's still destroying bush on a regular basis even though he doesn't need to anymore.

There's a quote out there about how Trump has two goals in all of this: win, and prevent Bush from winning. He has a personal vendetta against the Bushes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

"Now here's Roy..."

Boosted_C5 posted:

Enforcing our immigration laws, which are among the more liberal in the world, is not "ethnic cleansing"

Yeah the whole 'genocide' thing is really disingenuous same with the 'he wants to gently caress his own daughter' thing. As far as that goes I think he was doing the old timer "I didn't know (girl I'm here to take out on a date) had a sister!" thing when the mom answers the door. But some people just have a visceral reaction they need to put into words because the thought itself isn't worth a drat

• Locked thread