Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

all years suck

hell yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

duTrieux. posted:

all of the primaries and caucuses should be held on the same day and also we should call that day The Quickening.

beheading the opposing party candidate would begin the inaugural ceremonies and oaths

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

duTrieux. posted:

all of the primaries and caucuses should be held on the same day and also we should call that day The Quickening.
don't forget debates and commercials

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

anthonypants posted:

don't forget debates and commercials

all political activity is limited to the year of the election with an exception for votes held within the first two months, in which case all activity is limited to a three-month period before the casting and final receipt of ballots

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
election day should be a federal hliday and everyone goes and votes and then parties down and also the should make beer 1/2 price on election day.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
*brainstorming* they should call it... Freedom Day

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Smythe posted:

election day should be a federal hliday and everyone goes and votes and then parties down and also the should make beer 1/2 price on election day.

its my right not to vote!! -stupid idiot

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
preemptive dsyp

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Beeftweeter posted:

its my right not to vote!! -stupid idiot
yeah but if you vote you get that 1/2 beer coupon

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

anthonypants posted:

genius

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

anthonypants posted:

i didnt work my minimum wage job at mondo magic kiosk in the mall so i can't afford 1/2 price beer!! OOBBBAAAAMMMAAAA -same idiot

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

no. the freedom to skip your turn in the political game should remain. people should just be honest about it.

besides, you get those rad fuckign stickers when you vote. what more of a reason do you need, god

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
ive only missed 1 election including the little lovely ones since i registered which was asap

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

duTrieux. posted:

all political activity is limited to the year of the election with an exception for votes held within the first two months, in which case all activity is limited to a three-month period before the casting and final receipt of ballots

canada had a 2 month long election campaign, the longest ever and people were like "jesus gently caress can this be over now please"

hopefully it won't happen again

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
this reality can't come soon enough

http://www.rednovels.net/ScienceFiction/Asimov41/27325.html

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
great forums Richard, just top notch

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Smythe posted:

ive only missed 1 election including the little lovely ones since i registered which was asap

fuckin nice

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

THC posted:

canada had a 2 month long election campaign, the longest ever and people were like "jesus gently caress can this be over now please"

hopefully it won't happen again

that's quaint.

americans have been at it for at least a year already for the november 2016 election.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

yes i know

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

you should be required to vote

selecting no one on the ballot and turning in a blank ballot is still ok

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

duTrieux. posted:

i see you wanted hillary to win in 08

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

computer parts posted:

i see you wanted hillary to win in 08

in hindsight or at the time?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

duTrieux. posted:

that's quaint.

americans have been at it for at least a year already for the november 2016 election.

yeah we know your system is dumb as balls, no need to repeat it

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Chris Knight posted:

yeah we know your system is dumb as balls, no need to repeat it

we wring every bit of entertainment we can out of it

for a while it looked like the republican were going to nominate noted fachidiot ben carson. that poo poo's bonkers, you can't script that

he called 'hamas' 'hummus'

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Shaggar posted:

sanders is a nut job

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

microsoft earnings

quote:

Microsoft's Windows Phone revenue continues to slide, falling 49 percent year over year. Microsoft may have launched the Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL recently, but the company is significantly altering its phone efforts and the amount of devices it brings to market. Microsoft isn't breaking out how many Lumia devices it sold in the recent quarter, but it's reasonable to assume it was less than the 10.5 million sold last year.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

microsoft sold 10 million lumias?

i guess mostly developing world sub $99 models

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

we know they didnt sell any 950s in the US because our boy shagger is merely fronting about his!

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

dude next to me in the coffee shop today was using a surface pro 4

weird, mang

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

duTrieux. posted:

dude next to me in the coffee shop today was using a surface pro 4

weird, mang

probably internally lolling at u hingehavers

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/ericlaw/status/692846877671198721

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
if microsoft isn't careful their phone sales might see apple levels of decline and that would be ruinous

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

actually correct if you read it as losing just a few million sales YoY

MS doesn't have that many sale to even lose

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

apple sold more phones than last year, they missed on not selling as many more phones as people thought they would

5 million nokias would probably exceed anyone's expectations, back when they sold 10 million a lot of them were poorphones and they said "we're going to refocus on flagships"

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
the Vice President should be the runner up again, that's the worst amendment

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Wild EEPROM posted:

the Vice President should be the runner up again, that's the worst amendment

i too wish to see the constitutional crisis that results from the vice-president murdering the president.

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
apple missed on selling as many phones as even they thought they would

they had to cut production and that hasn't happened to the iphone ever and apple in general since the ipod dragged them back from the brink

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
noted Microsoft paid mouthpiece the verge bites the hand that feeds it

Windows Phone is dead

http://www.theverge.com/2016/1/28/10864034/windows-phone-is-dead

quote:

Windows Phone started off life as a promising alternative to Android and iOS five years ago. Microsoft positioned its range of Windows Phone 7 handsets as the true third mobile ecosystem, but it's time to admit it has failed. If a lack of devices from phone makers and even Microsoft itself wasn't enough evidence, the final nail in the coffin hit today. Microsoft only sold 4.5 million Lumia devices in the recent quarter, compared to 10.5 million at the same time last year. That's a massive 57 percent drop. Even a 57 percent increase wouldn't be enough to save Windows Phone right now.

Microsoft and Nokia have sold a total of 110 million Windows Phones compared to 4.5 billion iOS and Android phones in the same period. IDC recently reported that 400 million phones were sold in the recent quarter, meaning just 1.1 percent of them were Lumia Windows Phones. Microsoft does not have any compelling Lumia handsets, and the Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL were both disappointing flagship devices with unfinished Windows 10 Mobile software.

quote:

Sorry, Windows Phone. 110m lifetime sales - 4.5bn iOS & Android phones sold in the same period pic.twitter.com/CO03XWhYJg
— Benedict Evans (@BenedictEvans) January 28, 2016

With Lumia sales on the decline and Microsoft's plan to not produce a large amount of handsets, it's clear we're witnessing the end of Windows Phone. Rumors suggest Microsoft is developing a Surface Phone, but it has to make it to the market first. Windows Phone has long been in decline and its app situation is only getting worse. With a lack of hardware, lack of sales, and less than 2 percent market share, it's time to call it: Windows Phone is dead. Real Windows on phones might become a thing with Continuum eventually, but Windows Phone as we know it is done. It won't stop Microsoft producing a few handsets every year as a vanity project, but for everyone else it's the end of the line. Farewell, Windows Phone.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
also lol if you think Joe emo-hair belfiore is coming back to Microsoft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
Yeah that 9 month sabbatical (plus another 3 months of vacation he probably has) is basically a year long job hunt funded by MS so he'll go quietly into the night.

• Locked thread