Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

Cool poo poo. Thanks for the link, Stultus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NathanScottPhillips
Jul 23, 2009

A Winner is Jew posted:

No, he's a loving idiot that can't even manage a 1 KDR on an FPS game.
...And yet still the smartest out there?

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Aha. Carry on, then.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Evil Fluffy posted:

It's also nice how he ignores that the arrests were peaceful until Tarpman decided to try and escape.

I think they consider any arrest as not peaceful because they're delusional self centered assholes

meristem
Oct 2, 2010
I HAVE THE ETIQUETTE OF STIFF AND THE PERSONALITY OF A GIANT CUNT.
In the last video, DefendYourBase said that more or less everyone except Sean was free to go. Sean is the Fat Guy. DefendYourBase is staying behind because of Fat Guy.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Levitate posted:

I think they consider any arrest as not peaceful because they're delusional self centered assholes

Hey now, only someone that hordes guns and thinks they will be the leaders of the new american revolution because they play army in the woods once a month would be a delusional self centered rear end in a top hat...

size1one
Jun 24, 2008

I don't want a nation just for me, I want a nation for everyone

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Whoa are you calling these patriots liars?

I only believe the percentage of III%'ers who are at the refuge defending our freedoms.

NathanScottPhillips
Jul 23, 2009

meristem posted:

In the last video, DefendYourBase said that more or less everyone except Sean was free to go. Sean is the Fat Guy. DefendYourBase is staying behind because of Fat Guy.
"Free to go" but they are all going to be charged with a felony. Apparently some of the other people that left have now been charged. There's no way out except by getting a felony or getting shot for the remaining few.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

NathanScottPhillips posted:

"Free to go" but they are all going to be charged with a felony. Apparently some of the other people that left have now been charged. There's no way out except by getting a felony or getting shot for the remaining few.

The FBI's explicitly told these four that Sean is the only one who's getting arrested when they leave. The other three have said they want his charges dropped before they'll leave.

NathanScottPhillips
Jul 23, 2009

As a Millennial I posted:

The FBI's explicitly told these four that Sean is the only one who's getting arrested when they leave. The other three have said they want his charges dropped before they'll leave.
Did you get this somewhere besides DefendYourBase's channel? The way I understood what they were saying is how I wrote it.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Sean must be pissing himself being singled out like this.

e; take your lumps and felony like a man you professed to be Sean. Or does your wife have bigger stones than you too?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

They screen everyone who leaves for the people they intend to charge, but not everyone who leaves gets charged. When they arrested those three leaving they let something like 6 or 8 people go home.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

RiotGearEpsilon posted:

If you're talking about Ferguson, I thought the OK went there specifically to square off with the police, not the locals. Do I rememeber wrongly?

Some started mixing with protesters as well and when one guy wanted to arm protesters the OK's leadership flipped out and there was a schism. The guy finally realized that hey, this leadership of current/retired military and police actually don't give a poo poo about people if it puts them against the boys in blue, or they're minorities. Prior to Freguson it was pretty clear that the Oathkeepers were just another right wing militia group, but the leadership's reaction to someone wanting to arm black protesters against police brutality made it crystal clear that the organization's just run by a bunch of racist assholes who will absolutely side with the government against any uprising that they aren't in total agreement with.

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Gonna be funny when PPN grabs their guns and goes to stop the FBI, and gets charged with the exact same conspiracy the Bundys got popped for.

j/k they're probably just loudmouthed pussies.

I'm sure there's some small part of their organization that would actually sit and wait to die an idiotic death.

Though I doubt it's even 3%. :smuggo:

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

So they're literally committing the same loving crime that the leaders of their little insurrection were just arrested with after being told that the FBI doesn't want to arrest them over being a part of it thus far.

Holy poo poo they're loving dumb.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Grem posted:

So I have a good friend that isn't a Sovereign citizen but he is a pretty hardcore libertarian. He works for the government in an agency called DORA. Want to guess what DORA stands for?

Department of Regulatory Agencies

Is this your friend?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

A Winner is Jew posted:

So they're literally committing the same loving crime that the leaders of their little insurrection were just arrested with after being told that the FBI doesn't want to arrest them over being a part of it thus far.

Holy poo poo they're loving dumb.

Sean has to be pleading and bargaining with them to stick with him.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Is 0.83 kda alive?

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Tune into OPB radio now, apparently they're talking with the leftovers at noon: http://www.opb.org

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

I think I missed something, why is that guy the only one being charged? Are they the one who was on film openly threatening to murder the feds or what?

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

MariusLecter posted:

Sean has to be pleading and bargaining with them to stick with him.

Look, there are 35,000 FBI agents and 4 of us...

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

http://www.opb.org/news/series/burn...ildlife-refuge/

quote:

One man, Sean Anderson, had been told there was a federal warrant for his arrest on charges of interfering with federal employees. Fry said FBI negotiators told him the others would be allowed to leave without facing arrest.

“As a group, we were willing to leave peacefully,” Fry said. “But they want to arrest Sean, and take Sean out, and put him in jail. We don’t want to leave Sean in that situation, because that feels unfair.”

Fry said it was not clear to him why Anderson had been singled out for arrest, because Anderson had spent comparatively little time at the refuge.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

evilweasel posted:

They screen everyone who leaves for the people they intend to charge, but not everyone who leaves gets charged. When they arrested those three leaving they let something like 6 or 8 people go home.

This isn't preventing them from arresting and charging other occupiers later though- just who they're immediately arresting and charging.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Admittedly I was Vanuatu on Connery so life outside my magrider was unknown to me

NathanScottPhillips
Jul 23, 2009
DYB saying here at about 2:00 that "it sounds like" everyone who has left has been charged later. I sincerely doubt anyone coming out of that compound will not face legal consequences.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URlOAAvwRhg

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

I think DefendYourBase is the smartest guy out there. I'd love to see what his google adsense account looks like. I predict after this ends without any more violence he will start a youtube militia/politics show and become a youtube star. He's had a steady audience this whole time, even when we're just looking at the sky for an hour.

How is he gonna do that? He's part of the militia, so he's gonna be charged along with everyone else, isn't he?

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Despera posted:

Admittedly I was Vanuatu on Connery so life outside my magrider was unknown to me

Please seek help.

No really, no one should have to play on that poo poo server.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

OPB segment was short and repeated the same info - Sean has a federal warrant, the others would be free to go.

NathanScottPhillips
Jul 23, 2009

Mr Interweb posted:

How is he gonna do that? He's part of the militia, so he's gonna be charged along with everyone else, isn't he?
And committing a crime disqualifies him from being a youtube star because??

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Because they dont let you post youtubes in prison?

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

NathanScottPhillips
Jul 23, 2009

OPB segment was short and repeated the same info - Sean has a federal warrant, the others would be free to go.
Yeah they're "free to leave" the compound alright. I bet :10bux: they all get charged with something before the dust settles.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
lmbo,

David Fry on OPB saying they didn't know they could leave before. They had like a loving month of free passage.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Here's a writeup on the charges. Touches on the reasoning behind the specific charge brought up.

meristem
Oct 2, 2010
I HAVE THE ETIQUETTE OF STIFF AND THE PERSONALITY OF A GIANT CUNT.

DYB saying here at about 2:00 that "it sounds like" everyone who has left has been charged later. I sincerely doubt anyone coming out of that compound will not face legal consequences.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URlOAAvwRhg
He starts the video by saying that 'there are rumours that' the FBI is charging people later. There may be consequences, but these people are paranoid at this moment.

e:
https://twitter.com/SamTLevin/status/692801655939731456

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

His lawyer seemed legit. He's going to have to walk a very fine line if he wants to make these arguments and retain credibility with the bar.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Yeah they're "free to leave" the compound alright. I bet :10bux: they all get charged with something before the dust settles.

What do you mean by "before the dust settles"? Several people, including Blaine Cooper, have left the compound without being charged yet. If you mean they'll eventually be charged, yeah, that's not the point.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

meristem posted:

He starts the video by saying that 'there are rumours that' the FBI is charging people later. There may be consequences, but these people are paranoid at this moment.

Anit-government people... paranoid? :monocle:

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Good job David Fry, just admitted the obstruction of federal employees was achieved when the occupation first happened. Hey dumbass, remember when you were there then? Does he think news interviews are inadmissible in court?

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Here's a writeup on the charges. Touches on the reasoning behind the specific charge brought up.

quote:

A significant amount of the FBI’s information used to charge Ammon Bundy came from an activist named Pete Santilli, who was living inside the refuge and broadcasting live his conversations with fellow activists.

:allears: I kinda want the FBI to troll the poo poo out of Santelli by just releasing him without comment and causing every right-wing nutjob in the country to think he's an FBI plant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
You didn't arrest everybody immediately, that's not faaaaaiiiiirrr, mom, Billy did it too and he didnt go to the corner it's not faaaiiiiirr

• Locked thread