Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

(Donald Trump voice) Get em out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.
I like how we have two pages of people arguing that Trump isn't targeting just Mexican immigrants, and is instead talking about all illegal immigrants, when the tentpole of his platform is building a wall paid for by Mexico to keep out illegal immigrants.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Venom Snake posted:

But all these are saying it's correct to call Trump a fascist? Only the last one says that it's silly because people have always acted this evil. There really isn't anything wrong with calling out Trump for running on an extreme racist platform.

I think your short term memory is severely damaged dude, first you told me you weren't talking about elections when you specifically were talking about elections, now this:

Venom Snake posted:

I don't think Anne Franks sister goes around calling people Hitler that often to be honest, in fact, nobody outside of weirdos on the internet use Hitler as an insult in politics.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

breaklaw posted:

I'm arguing that the American Left is going to be too stupid and stubborn to learn from Europe and all of this "people have a problem with the current state of immigration and immigrants are nazis" is only going to give the US the same result, which is basically more nazis.

But we don't have a refugee crisis or flood of people entering? Even if we were getting the record numbers Europe has with our population and resources it would still be a drop in the bucket. Thinking all illegals should be thrown in train cars or camps is a racist position. Especially since the vast majority of them are just exploited workers or people coming here for a better way of life.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Phlegmish posted:

Sanders has integrity. If he wins, the Democrats could stop being the spineless jellyfish poo poo party.

But this is not the thread for that.

Democrats don't win because we force candidates to adhere to ideological purity; we win because we mobilize urban areas while also appealing to the realities of rural life with our love of guns, god, and gravy.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Brannock posted:

I think your short term memory is severely damaged dude, first you told me you weren't talking about elections when you specifically were talking about elections, now this:

I was responding the boy who cried wolf thing. My point was that people are calling Trump hitler a lot because it's an accurate statement and people don't do that to other candidates that often!

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Zelder posted:

Wow I can't believe you'vE forgot that we only have one 9/11

You promised! ! !

The potential is always there, "until we figure out what's going on"... :patriot:

My opposition to immigration is environmental. I think the people here should stop fuckin', too. Nothing's more selfish in this age of eating the future than conceiving and having your own child. There's no shortage of children in need of a real home- adoption should pretty much be the only form of immigration. America is a diverse country and should remain so. The wealth of a nation is its people. But as a planet, it's getting devalued because there's just too many of us to have a viable future as a species.

I thought the Georgia Guidestones were right, in principle.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

CRUZ CROSS'LL MAKE YOU
TRUMP
TRUMP

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Venom Snake posted:

But we don't have a refugee crisis or flood of people entering? Even if we were getting the record numbers Europe has with our population and resources it would still be a drop in the bucket. Thinking all illegals should be thrown in train cars or camps is a racist position. Especially since the vast majority of them are just exploited workers or people coming here for a better way of life.

Thinking that illegal immigrants are above the law because they are from the global south is also a racist position, Venom Snake.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Harold Stassen posted:

Well until there's no more 9/11s

There are no more 9/11s.

9/11 was the direct result of a certain lazy guy named Bush, who was literally and specifically warned that it was going to happen. And who chose to do absolutely nothing.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

My Imaginary GF posted:

Its really not.

I don't see what's funny about Larry David's life. Sure, HBO tries to get laughs by putting it to music. Sound effects aside, its just the life of a very normal Jewish man.

As unfunny as Bernie Sanders, who is Hissesque in his advocacy of communism.

:getout:

this is the thread for the trumpenreich sanders thread is thataway

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

My Imaginary GF posted:

Democrats don't win because we force candidates to adhere to ideological purity; we win because we mobilize urban areas while also appealing to the realities of rural life with our love of guns, god, and gravy.

You are of course correct, and that's why the Republicans have the breathing room to say the most unhinged poo poo without any repercussions.

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

:chanpop:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Anal Papist posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8TwRmX6zs4

Everyone saying this needs to rewatch the whitehouse correspondent's dinner. Its a reimagining of the pigs blood scene from carrie or the flashback in a batman film where the villain snaps. Trump will do anything to give Obama his biggest poo poo eating grin as he has to hand the keys to the whitehouse over.

God I forgot how good this was. I wish we could have another four years of No Fucks Given Obama :allears:

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

squidgee posted:

I like how we have two pages of people arguing that Trump isn't targeting just Mexican immigrants, and is instead talking about all illegal immigrants, when the tentpole of his platform is building a wall paid for by Mexico to keep out illegal immigrants.

hey, who am i to turn down a free wall?

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Do It Once Right posted:

There are no more 9/11s.

9/11 was the direct result of a certain lazy guy named Clinton, who was literally and specifically warned that it was going to happen. And who chose to do absolutely nothing.

poo poo sorry

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Uh

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

breaklaw posted:

I think it's quite possible. Nothing like 40% or anything, but he'll probably do better than anyone else has since the Southern Strategy started. I think a lot of black men do love Bill but aren't so wild about Hillary, and not all blacks who live in Hispanic heavy areas see illegal immigrants as nothing more than fellow oppressed minorities. I think he could pull in something like 15-20%, especially after the pivot.

Jesus.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Phlegmish posted:

You are of course correct, and that's why the Republicans have the breathing room to say the most unhinged poo poo without any repercussions.

Trump isn't unhinged, though. He's advocating expanding American institutions of government with a message that appeals to the majority of Americans. He's the dream Democratic candidate and should have been on our ticket; unfortunately, ain't no gently caress'n way Hillary's machine would allow it.

breaklaw
May 12, 2008
The gently caress?

What the gently caress is this?

quote:

WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POSTitUSER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POSTwasUSER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POSTgoingUSER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POSTtoUSER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POSThappenUSER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST. USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POSTAndUSER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POSTwhoUSER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POSTchoseUSER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POSTtoUSER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POSTdoUSER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POSTabsolutelyUSER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POSTnothingUSER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST.<USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POSTbrUSER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST /> USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POSTblockquoteUSER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST>USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POSTdivUSER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST> <USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POSTbrUSER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST /> USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POSTShitUSER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POSTsorryUSER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
this is the page when the trumpenstaffel exterminate non-believers!

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Everybody just relax

edit: I'm glad somebody else saw that though that was some trippy rear end poo poo

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

What is happening?

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

It's okay. I fixed it. I'm pretty awesome.

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

breaklaw posted:

The gently caress?

What the gently caress is this?

BEHOLD THE POWER OF THE CLOUD!!!

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

My Imaginary GF posted:

Trump isn't unhinged, though. He's advocating expanding American institutions of government with a message that appeals to the majority of Americans. He's the dream Democratic candidate and should have been on our ticket; unfortunately, ain't no gently caress'n way Hillary's machine would allow it.

Well yeah, I mostly meant the other candidates.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Remember when the forums crashed every time a debate happened in 2008 because people crowded into LF

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

heh

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Corek posted:

Remember when the forums crashed every time a debate happened in 2008 because people crowded into LF

BUSH'S BRAIN!!

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Corek posted:

It happened for the general debates in 2012 in D&D as well. Probably the Republican primary ones too because those were great

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Bing, bong.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

lol at people actually discussing trump's positions

the only reason everyone likes trump is because everyone is fed up of years of hearing about how banks/billionaires get away with murder while everyone else gets hosed up the rear end and ripped off. change was tried with obama and it didn't matter. can't fix the system so might as well burn it all down.

trump/anarchy 2016

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Rocks posted:

the only reason everyone likes trump is because everyone is fed up of years of hearing about how banks/billionaires get away with murder while everyone else gets hosed up the rear end and ripped off. change was tried with obama and it didn't matter. can't fix the system so might as well burn it all down.

Our cultural obsession with the Apocalypse has manifested itself in the form of Donald Trump's candidacy for President.

The Belgian
Oct 28, 2008
nooo, anyone have a backup?

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Phlegmish posted:

Well yeah, I mostly meant the other candidates.

Ted Cruz is definitely unhinged, I agree. While he may have the appropriate views in private, he doesn't realize that the divide between the public and private self no longer exists in the social media age. Ted Cruz is his private persona, and when his private positions differ from his public ones, as they so often do, then it only strengthens the narrative that he is an untrustworthy alien who doesn't hold our American values.

The only other candidate I see as truly unhinged is Jeb!. Every other candidate in the R primary is trying to "win their lane," in consultant speak, by best positioning their personal brand within their lane's well-defined limits. Jeb!, he lacks the political experience to realize that his lane is Trump's lane, and the especially skill to exploit it. That's what makes Jeb! so unhinged: he's trying to go for the establishment moderate lane, when every other Bush, from daddy on the Reagan ticket to his brother's faux Texan accent, has won off the coattails of the populist moderate lane.

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

quote:

The Huffington Post has started appending an editor’s note to the bottom of posts about Republican presidential contender Donald Trump, calling him a "racist," a "liar" and a "xenophobe," and reminding readers of his proposal to ban all Muslims from entering the United States.

[snip]

A Huffington Post spokesperson told POLITICO that the note will be added to all future stories about Trump.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/on-media/2016/01/huffpost-to-publish-anti-trump-kicker-with-all-trump-coverage-218345

Fair and balanced? I don't think so.

The Belgian posted:

nooo, anyone have a backup?

It works better without the audio anyway.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Rocks posted:

Cruz was talking TARP on Hannity (or O'Reilly I can't remember) and saying it was Obama's bailout. It was a loving Bush administration bailout Jesus Christ at first I was like heh, a living weasel-man but now I'm disgusted with the piece of poo poo on a human level (not solely from this). He talks out both sides of his mouth worse than any other candidate- biggest gay-basher in the running and meeting with gay New York billionaires while making GBS threads on "New York Values". Carpetbagging canuck cocksucker.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
Some interesting pieces from the PPP poll of Iowa about how supporters of candidates below the threshold might vote in the second round.

"Among IA GOP supporting the 9 also ran candidates, if they had to pick 1 of the top 3: Rubio 35, Cruiz 25, Trump 17"

"If a lot of people supporting single digit candidates move to their next choice in IA, could let Rubio get 20%-25%"

"Supporters of candidates in single digits prefer Cruz to Trump 50/21"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Anal Papist posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8TwRmX6zs4

Everyone saying this needs to rewatch the whitehouse correspondent's dinner. Its a reimagining of the pigs blood scene from carrie or the flashback in a batman film where the villain snaps. Trump will do anything to give Obama his biggest poo poo eating grin as he has to hand the keys to the whitehouse over.

I'd forgotten how loving great this was.

• Locked thread