Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.
Nice find del boy. The 'war chest ' has now been transferred pretty much in it's entirety to uk shores under the careful eye of Simon. All bets on Sq42. No more bets please.....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

peter gabriel posted:

I dunno man 'see you in the hearse' is well up there :lol:

Can you show us the "boarding mechanic" in all its glory in your next vid?

I want to see what all the hypes about, I haven't played in a while.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

ITS UP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOoinEmmVLI

this thread has hosed me up I was anticipating this

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/42zfy1/reintroduce_the_weekly_update/

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

now what the gently caress is this about

also £15m is more like $20m

Yes, $21.5M today. I used Euros since most dweebs don't even know that currency still exists.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

EightAce posted:

Nice find del boy. The 'war chest ' has now been transferred pretty much in it's entirety to uk shores under the careful eye of Simon. All bets on Sq42. No more bets please.....

There's still one more bet to place.

That a good chunk of that money will go into the top people's pockets while a wet fart of a game is released under the title Squadron 42.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Lime Tonics posted:

Can you show us the "boarding mechanic" in all its glory in your next vid?

I want to see what all the hypes about, I haven't played in a while.

Last night I managed to scoop someone up by flying at them backwards on the landing pad until they popped into the ship, I then flew off with the door open and tried to shake the ship up and down like a huge ketchup bottle to see if I could shake them out into space but they just stood there unflinching, unmoving and unnerving

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!
The way Chris R. happens to redo things over and over again confirming his madness, let's me believe that the SQ42 overall story arch leak by that "FEMALE" journalist might have resulted in yet another revision of the script (and thus further need of expansions), just to not take away any surprises (not that Chris Roberts stories ever excelled at surprising anyhow). So most probably the script grew in that process due to some crappy metaphysical crap exposition, similar like in his movie. (think pilgrim)

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Nicholas posted:

how do you resolve SQ42 being split into 5(!) parts, only 1 (or 2) of which backers will recieve for free, with "EA/ACTIVITION/ELITE expansions/dlc are a total ripoff"

Some people may have opinions about him, but I think Jim Sterling really does do a good job summarizing what a half-assed cash grab episodic content is. For better or worse, it's often a desperate attempt to make money while they flail around trying to finish a game they haven't delivered.

Things must be really bad if they're resorting to some of the dirtiest cash-grab tactics that EVIL publishers (who, by the way, Crobber despises) use. Something something fighting monsters, something something becoming one.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

peter gabriel posted:

I dunno man 'see you in the hearse' is well up there :lol:

It's funny until you figure it's actually going to happen then it gets a bit dark

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

"Coming to you live from CIG headquarters, BLOODSHED!!, as employees fight to the death over dwindling dollars to feed their families....."

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector
"No scarves on these characters, maybe later"

:mad:

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Berious posted:

It's funny until you figure it's actually going to happen then it gets a bit dark

I'd say, so long as you don't say: "See you in the hearse, commando." at the news of one of the poor saps literally killing themselves, or at their funeral, you're good to indulge in a sweet tooth for dat dark humor.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

'If you have not pledged for star citizen then first of all why are you watching around the verse?'

the question haunts me too ben

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I notice how Sandi is now referring to "Star Citizen" and "Squadron 32" as completely separate games.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

They can fit $20m of their product in one single-stamp envelope

This is our shot, boys. If we can intercept that envelope we'll not only be rich, but we'll be heroes for bringing those bastards at CIG to their knees. This could be the caper of the century. I figure we need 12 guys, a Leer jet rented for a week, 4 hookers, and a big bag of cocaine. Can anyone front the money for this in exchange for a share of the take? Derek? Bootcha?

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The best thing about Star Citizen is finding out all the ways it can't possibly work.

:stonk: You mean . . . That IS the game? I've misunderstood all this time?!

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!
I like how our last standing US producers explain why CIG still needs concept artists - a nice contrast to all those raging citizens thinking Ken was leaving because concept art isn't any longer a priority with CIG, all concept art is done - yeah right, SQ42 and 100 star systems want to have a word with you.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

This is good stuff!!

gently caress reddit shitizens!

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

G0RF posted:

This was nearly two years ago. Who knows how much better The Best Saleswoman in the World is at dealing with challenges now!

Just fyi. The guy who's interviewing her was a major SC youtuber, spent a lot of money on ships, had to move out from home, had other personal issues, had a fund raiser to help him. Doesn't really talk about Star Citizen much anymore or even do many videos anymore.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
So what if Crobberts decides "aww gently caress it" and the next thing you see is a movie poster:

Coming soon to a cinema near you:
Squadron 42
An animated sci-first tale extraordinaire, with Gary Parp, Gillian X-Files and Mark Beefcake!

Dreams, dreams happen now...

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

quote:

“By the time we got it to the level we said, ‘Okay you guys can play this.’ Well we already had all the other things combined with the large world and the 64-bit coordinates and the zone system so that was it. So there you are, we will have Gold Horizon, we will have Star Marine, but that will come online once all the basic FPS features are out in and live in the mini PU.”

so release a stripped down bare bones unfun FPS in PTU and then work on that for a year instead of the polished SM module for backers, huh, ok makes sense to me.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

D_Smart posted:

Just going to leave this here so you can ponder the fuckeries within

Cloud Imperium Games invests £15 million in its UK studio

They just took $16.5M out of the US corp and put in Chris's brother's studio, Foundry 42, which is developing SQ42
I'm more interested in these:

quote:

It is now the largest of Cloud Imperium’s 4 offices, with over 160 employees and growing, taking on more of the company’s work than originally intended.

quote:

The majority of its development work and all QA testing is now taking place at Foundry 42. Once development is finished on Squadron 42, the UK team will be kept busy expanding the Star Citizen universe with battles and new campaigns.

Just more evidence of "all hands on deck" for SQ42 while SC languishes. Plus if UK is doing the heavy lifting now, then what's Austin doing? Nothing, because it's withering away just like you said it would.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Hopper posted:

So what if Crobberts decides "aww gently caress it" and the next thing you see is a movie poster:

Coming soon to a cinema near you:
Squadron 42
An animated sci-first tale extraordinaire, with Gary Parp, Gillian X-Files and Mark Beefcake!

Dreams, dreams happen now...

Squadron 42 : The Star Marines within

in partnership with squeenix.

Special guest star, aerith.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Colostomy Bag posted:

AtV delayed indefinitely?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOoinEmmVLI

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

AP posted:

Just fyi. The guy who's interviewing her was a major SC youtuber, spent a lot of money on ships, had to move out from home, had other personal issues, had a fund raiser to help him. Doesn't really talk about Star Citizen much anymore or even do many videos anymore.

Well, at least he still has his eaglecry intro sound FX. :911:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

IHATEYOU.jpg

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"
Why is the human beachball managing to make it look like he's ad-libbing his lines better than Sq42's female lead? Put the loving script down you dumb bitch.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

AP posted:

The Idris is nearly finished, they might stick the Javelin in the bin right next to Star Marine though. Also I'm sure they'd want to bin the 1km long Bengal Carrier as it took two guys nearly a year to do the 61 metre Constellation.

I forgot that the Idris is the centerpiece of Squadron 42, but, at the same time, converting it to a multiplayer game and to be manned by more than 2 or 3 people may prove too daunting for RSI to complete.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

D_Smart posted:

quote:

D_Smart posted:
Just going to leave this here so you can ponder the fuckeries within

Cloud Imperium Games invests £15 million in its UK studio

They just took $16.5M out of the US corp and put in Chris's brother's studio, Foundry 42, which is developing SQ42
Now this is probably all on paper, as it's probably unlikely that they have kind of cash to take out of the US and transfer to the UK.

Well, a source saw my post on Twitter and hailed me. The synopsis.

It's worse than my post makes it sound.

UK studio opened in January 2014. Two years ago.

Since then they've spent (since tax records show they don't have any money in the UK) according to the article, over £15 million (approx $21.5M) on that office.

With the fluctuation of the exchange rate over the last two years; that amounts to about $23M dollars.

Again, tax records show they aren't holding more than £400K anymore.

So in two years they've spent $23M+ on just the UK studio; which everyone knows is the cheapest location of all their studios for salary and rent.

So sum it up:

That is the ENTIRE game's ORIGINAL budget for two years of their least expensive per capita of the 4 studios.

If you add up:

Frankfurt 1 year
LA 3 years
Austin 3 years
BHVR 3 years
Illfonic 2 years
Void Alpha 1 year
CG Bot 2 years,
Turbulent 3 years

PLUS mocap costs you understand WHY they are out of money and need to keep raising funds.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Wrecked Angle posted:

Why is the human beachball managing to make it look like he's ad-libbing his lines better than Sq42's female lead? Put the loving script down you dumb bitch.

You obviously don't know anything. She's not dumb. She's the most formally educated person in the company.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

:yikes:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Wrecked Angle posted:

beach balls are light and empty inside, much like Sandi

Ben is more like a grease-filled zeppelin

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

https://youtu.be/MOoinEmmVLI?t=2915

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

Squadron Forty-Two will release in 2016

direct to dvd :kheldragar:

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
Caught up with this glorious glorious thread:

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

106 million USD

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

AP posted:

I didn't know that. That's sad.

Like I said to Mirificus a bit ago, it seems so often that Star Citizen is hilarious at the Macro and heartbreaking at the Micro. It's part of what makes Chris and Sandi such contemptible characters.

They just... don't...give... a...poo poo... about anybody.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

I'm the identical, pale, emotionless faces of the space men as they carry out elaborate motion captured animations in a grey corridor.

• Locked thread