Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

gently caress it, I'm getting in on him showing up. Definitely more than a 5% chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Garrand posted:

It amuses me to throw tiny pittances of whatever leftover cash I have on random bets.

For the past few weeks, every time I have less than $1 available I put it into Romney YES. I now have 1900 shares at .01.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

cruz or christie will speak most, right? rubio's too disengaged with the whole thing, kasich's too ignored, and jeb! is jeb¡. no one else stands a chance.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Abel Wingnut posted:

cruz or christie will speak most, right? rubio's too disengaged with the whole thing, kasich's too ignored, and jeb! is jeb¡. no one else stands a chance.

Yup, so if you can't choose between those two, just bet NO on the others.

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Aliquid posted:

For the past few weeks, every time I have less than $1 available I put it into Romney YES. I now have 1900 shares at .01.

90-1 after the rake is a terrible price for Romney

Shear Modulus posted:

gently caress it, I'm getting in on him showing up. Definitely more than a 5% chance.

that horse has left the stable

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

yea, i bought NO on the rest of the debaters. just didn't know about rubio or christie, really.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Arkane posted:

90-1 after the rake is a terrible price for Romney

If we get past Super Tuesday with no clear winner, I'll be able to flip them for .03 easily.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/wpjenna/status/692869572274233344

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/wpjenna/status/692870020125229056

fox is getting owned

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich

purposefully trying to mislead people should be bannable in this thread

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

i'm not trying to mislead this thread

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Arkane posted:

purposefully trying to mislead people should be bannable in this thread

it's not enforceable but i agree with the sentiment; this is a safe space

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/wpjenna/status/692873218755944448

edit doesn't that look like Lindsay Graham a little?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Nooooo my eight bucks.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Omi-Polari posted:

Nooooo my eight bucks.

Same

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

Aliquid posted:

Good investment. Like clockwork both Romney and Ryan float up to 3 or 4 about once a month. You're not going to get rich, but it is a tiny bit of free money

I'm now the proud owner of 686 shares of Trump debate YES at 4 cents each. The siren call was too strong. It would be so delicious if he shows up half way through and everyone gives him a standing ovation.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Those tawdry lil freedom girl cheerleaders tweeted out earlier that they are flying out to Trumps alternate event

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Zeta Taskforce posted:

Good investment. Like clockwork both Romney and Ryan float up to 3 or 4 about once a month. You're not going to get rich, but it is a tiny bit of free money

I'm now the proud owner of 686 shares of Trump debate YES at 4 cents each. The siren call was too strong. It would be so delicious if he shows up half way through and everyone gives him a standing ovation.

Penny stock strategy is a winning strategy for people with patience and discipline

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

will predictit count flying around the main debates' location doing the air equivalent of donuts 100' above ground as participating?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Commie NedFlanders posted:

Those tawdry lil freedom girl cheerleaders tweeted out earlier that they are flying out to Trumps alternate event

http://twitter.com/howardfineman/status/692871884874973184/photo/1

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

Zeta Taskforce posted:

The siren call of selling 472 of them at 7 cents 13 minutes after I bought them at 4 was even stronger. This is fun.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
Yeah I flipped my 4-cent shares twice now. Lower volume (for lower risk) but still makes up for the mid-20's crash yesterday. Glad to break even.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Huh, people are still buying the Trump debate yeses at 3c and 4c.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

HES GOING TO THE DEBATE BITCHES MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Necc0 posted:

HES GOING TO THE DEBATE BITCHES MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

source ur rants

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Necc0 here's a question if you're there....are employees allowed to trade on the platform?

User Error
Aug 31, 2006
aw booo

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Arkane posted:

Necc0 here's a question if you're there....are employees allowed to trade on the platform?

I'm like 97% sure the answer is no. None of the guys I've spoken with have ever talked about trading but they've never explicitly said they don't trade either.

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

Arkane posted:

According to media reports, employees are not allowed to trade on the platform, but there is nothing to prevent insiders, such as those who work for news organizations or interns for congressmen from trading on info before it becomes public.

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Necc0 posted:

I'm like 97% sure the answer is no. None of the guys I've spoken with have ever talked about trading but they've never explicitly said they don't trade either.

Zeta Taskforce posted:

According to media reports, employees are not allowed to trade on the platform, but there is nothing to prevent insiders, such as those who work for news organizations or interns for congressmen from trading on info before it becomes public.

Alright, thanks. If either of you can find out for sure, I'd be interested in the answer. May seem like a small thing, but the wording of the rules would sometimes be a REALLY big issue at PredictIt's predecessor Intrade (at least two highly-traded contracts swung from the 90s to the single digits based upon people realizing what the rules actually meant).

Intrade allowed employees to trade, which always left a sour taste in my mouth about how they would settle highly contentious issues. These were always rare occurrences, but there would be tens of thousands in the balance based on how they read the rules.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Arkane posted:

Alright, thanks. If either of you can find out for sure, I'd be interested in the answer. May seem like a small thing, but the wording of the rules would sometimes be a REALLY big issue at PredictIt's predecessor Intrade (at least two highly-traded contracts swung from the 90s to the single digits based upon people realizing what the rules actually meant).

Intrade allowed employees to trade, which always left a sour taste in my mouth about how they would settle highly contentious issues. These were always rare occurrences, but there would be tens of thousands in the balance based on how they read the rules.

Yeah just asked. They aren't allowed to trade. However when the site was first taking off there were a few controversial moments with rigid interpretations of the rules but they've gotten better about that.

Those fake Biden FEC papers :allears:

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Also ~*beware the RCP intern*~ :spooky:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Cruz is crashing and burning, I sense a shift away from him after tonight.

huge pile of hamburger
Nov 4, 2009

Aliquid posted:

Cruz is crashing and burning, I sense a shift away from him after tonight.

Everything is coming up Trump

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Some idiot is buying up Rand Iowa 2nd, get them while they're hot

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Necc0 posted:

Yeah just asked. They aren't allowed to trade. However when the site was first taking off there were a few controversial moments with rigid interpretations of the rules but they've gotten better about that.

Those fake Biden FEC papers :allears:

The big one I remember was the December 15 "will the debaters be asked if they will support Trump if he wins the nomination?" It was asked in the undercard but not the regular debate, and resolved to yes.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Well at least the Bloomberg No debate mention paid out.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Jewel Repetition posted:

Take it from the guy who was the most right about Biden: Trump will not be at the debate.

Wow, every prediction this guy has made has been correct.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Jewel Repetition posted:

Wow, every prediction this guy has made has been correct.

now just register the username Demosthenes on PredictIt and watch the dollars flow in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I think it's really interesting that the GOP markets are much, much more heavily traded than the Dem ones. I wish I could extrapolate meaning from it. Maybe it's just the shitshow this year.

• Locked thread