Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SeldomSeen
Apr 26, 2003

True Story...

alf_pogs posted:

what a sweetheart

He's super chill. Before I picked him up, I made him a bed out of an old t-shirt and a shoe box. My wife was offended by this and insisted on buying him a stuffed fleece bed. He refuses to get in the fleece bed and is sleeping in the shoebox.

:3: :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the discord chat owns because its a lot of people very angry about derek smart, and its always derek that is the insane angry person and not them

literally all just from today

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Oh, this guy is in trouble if this game implodes and the media turns on it. Because if you think Derek is loud now, just wait until he's proven right and has a platform.

Sorry if that's slightly insulting Derek, but I know I can count on you.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Eonwe posted:

the discord chat owns because its a lot of people very angry about derek smart, and its always derek that is the insane angry person and not them

Lol

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Eonwe posted:

youd think they would have the sense to be angry about their money, and where it went, and whether they were receiving a product for it

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Jon Do posted:

youd think they would have the sense to be angry about their money, and where it went, and whether they were receiving a product for it

they definitely are - but because they don't want to admit that they made a huge, costly mistake, it's a lot easier to get mad at derek

emotional confusion abounds in SC backers

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Jon Do posted:

im sure many are incredibly angry and projecting those feelings onto Derek

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lowtax can I have a different icon for my platinum icon or like, maybe a red text name or something?

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Did someone at cig seriously otherize that Hutchins guy by calling him "a leaver"
Lesnick is zealot in chief. It's not a project to him, it's a religion. You don't leave a religion.

So yeah, of course he loving did.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
like, if deadmau5 can be a mod then I can have a red text name at least

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

flyboi posted:

Holy poo poo what does their qa department even do then? Do they have a qa department? An example of real QA I had to recreate an issue where a db listener just decided to gently caress off and stop responding. It only happened with 10k+ cps. You can bet I wrote up a test case to recreate it outside of production to debug and fix it :psypop:

Dont need a QA dept when you have thousands of spergs doing it for free paying them to to able to do it

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Kakarot posted:

Dont need a QA dept when you have thousands of spergs doing it for free

they don't though, they can't even get those guys to play their game

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Kakarot posted:

Dont need a QA dept when you have thousands of spergs doing it for free

Once they all turn in their Arena Commander QA documents and they iron out all the bugs, it'll all be worth it when they're rewarded with their epic single-player Squadron-42 experience, starring Sandi Gardiner as their immortal wingman who will never shut up, and never not have her face on your screen, the entire time you play. Enjoy space hell!

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

pftc posted:

That's him.

hehe yea.

Also, a new babby:

Othin
Nov 20, 2002

Hair Elf

Lime Tonics posted:

I forgot to post this.

Here is a cat eating a watermelon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr_4ud8j5-I

that watermelon got fukkin wrekt

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Eonwe posted:

seems like the least they could do imo

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

peter gabriel posted:

seems like the least they could do imo

thank you.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

ya whoever said this guy would be the first suicide is probably right. or at least murder suicide

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Gilganixon posted:

they don't though, they can't even get those guys to play their game

I think there are still plenty playing

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Kakarot posted:

hehe yea.

Also, a new babby:

And Billy Mays!

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
haha

Eonwe posted:

I would like a blue text

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

No, it's all Chris's fault. Every bit of it. It's his program, his dream, his vision, his failure. He's the face of this monstrosity and I sincerely hope that his failures hound him for the rest of his life. Everything else, from Ben's incredible incompetence to Sandi's predatory marketing "genius", stems from him and his constant inability to deliver. The man does not care. Even now, with his community royally pissed off because he was dumb enough to admit how little he gives a poo poo about them, he's sitting in his reality distortion field assuming everything is fine. It's the Hitler bunker video all over again. I spent years contributing in an honest and earnest manner, providing thoughtful feedback on everything from the toxicity of the community to level design of ships. None of it matters because Chris Roberts is a fraud, a self-entitled embarrassment of a human being who surrounds himself with sycophants and culls anyone who dares question his nonexistent talents. He took the greatest opportunity ever given to a game developer, a blank check to build the game of his dreams, and squandered it. He has ruined lives, tarnished careers, uprooted families, wasted millions, and years later hasn't learned a single loving thing. I hope he spends the rest of his life as a punch line.

Quoting from 20 pages ago because :drat:

I agree that Chris is the epicenter of failure but everyone in the inner circle with equity in this farce should be held accountable for failure to deliver

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Matlock Birthmark posted:

You know, less than two weeks ago this thread was starting to get boring. Thankfully the one thing CIG can deliver with regularity is hilarious incompetence.

Thats the thing see, Derek Smart always posts that something is going to happen in Two Weeks, and then something does!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Eonwe posted:

lowtax can I have a different icon for my platinum icon or like, maybe a red text name or something?

you want this one, commando,

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Foul Ole Ron posted:

Beer, I am glad to say I STILL use you as one of me boyz in Gorkamorka. Though you were a cocked D6 away from getting a squig brain at one stage....

Honestly there's no guarantee that a squig brain wouldn't improve me.

spacetoaster posted:

It finally happened! AND IT'S ALL OUR FAULT!!

I feel horrible! And all of YOU should too!!

BTW thanks to the guy who gave me the background.

Brilliant. Short, but brilliant.

sanctimoniousqfd posted:

I am the 12 second section of the 16+ minute MVP video where Froogle "compliments" the yaw rate over that of Elite Dangerous and says how realistic the physics are with g-effects causing pilot-only blackouts (because a 30th century space vessel with artificial gravity has no means to counteract inertia for the person flying it).

gently caress you CIG, that's low.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOoinEmmVLI&t=3102s

You really expect anything better from these people?

peter gabriel posted:

In a staggering twist of idiocy CIG have just said G forces won't affect anyone but the pilot, so we are a situation where a pilot could be fainting from GFOOOORCE and you could be stood at the side of him giving it 'LOL@U' totally unaffected

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/315702/so-g-forces-will-not-effect-your-crew-wth

Yet another example of how CR's "vision" is more important than logic or fun.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

I had literally never heard of this game at all until, I think, last month. It's the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen - I literally can't comprehend donating tens of thousands of dollars for a ship that they just want to simulate the mundane. It breaks my brain every time I try to make sense of it.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Ghostlight posted:

you want this one, commando,

gently caress, I want whatever the high admiral one is.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
is lowtax asking for a refund? he said the game didnt work and it hasnt been 14 days i dont think

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Put in SC thread terms, I think FD's MWO work looks better in a garage (and a lot of it is PGI's art direction because you'll see him crank out sketches that look more imaginative than what actually goes into the game), but I think Plog's designs are better for building a universe around.

Agreed, and a lot of it does come down to PGI's art direction. FD had a bunch of different concepts up for the Marauder a while ago, and they chose basically the lamest one. I definitely think the work he's done for PGI is probably the best to use in an actual game, but Matt's art is freaking gorgeous.

It's mostly the Vohwinkel era stuff that looks goofy as gently caress.

Beet Wagon fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Jan 29, 2016

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Jason Sextro posted:

I had literally never heard of this game at all until, I think, last month. It's the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen - I literally can't comprehend donating tens of thousands of dollars for a ship that they just want to simulate the mundane. It breaks my brain every time I try to make sense of it.

When I was in your position I went over to the official forums and read some threads about what ship people are getting next or whatever and it just fried my mind, go try it!

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

the dorks that spent $20k on this make me feel better about myself, thank you.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

I have created what I believe to be a much more accurate version:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

That's actually pretty funny. I'm thinking the roles should probably be reversed, though.

e:f;b

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Whenever I need a laugh I remember the guy who was literally on death's door and pinning all of his hopes at a few final years of joy on Croberts delivering this game.

And then his friend asking if that guy died before release would he be able to have his ships transferred to his own account.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Hahah.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Brilliant. Short, but brilliant.

I dedicate that fake article to smirnof vodka and pall mall cigarettes.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Star Citizen: Is This What Chris Roberts Looks Like?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

I like that one period like two years ago when a whole bunch of goons were selling poo poo on Reddit all at once and everyone seemed to be using the money to buy bbq grills

• Locked thread