Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Goffer posted:

That cop in the woods was asking to get caught in the crossfire, Levoy coulda ducked into the snow and they woulda shot each other!

Officer Leroy Jenkins got a little carried away when they deployed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
He is a Freeman in the land now :patriot: :tarp:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
This is not me "just asking questions," I'm interested from a procedural standpoint and because someone dumb might try to make this point, but why did they throw the flash bangs after they shot him, not while he was fidgeting?

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

RuanGacho posted:

When he goes down his arms seem to be crossing his body. They sure aren't up.

I'm not going to speak with authority but if you're a national agency, having 4 different time zones instead of using a universal time marker makes for more clarification/work later.

6 with Hawaii and Alaska, more if you're counting places like Guam and the US Virgin Islands.

Edit: Not disagreeing, just reinforcing the point.

A Fancy 400 lbs fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Jan 29, 2016

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Al! posted:

This is not me "just asking questions," I'm interested from a procedural standpoint and because someone dumb might try to make this point, but why did they throw the flash bangs after they shot him, not while he was fidgeting?

In the FBI conference they said the flashbangs were to make sure no one inside the car got aggressive, IIRC.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Al! posted:

There were three armed people in the truck. Or at least, three people, two loaded ARs and a loaded pistol. The flash bangs appeared to be deployed around the truck, not Tarpman.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit
So the going narrative in the liberty movement is that he put his hands down because he had already been shot and he was reaching for the wounds out of instinct. Also the fact that he missed hitting the roadblock and the agent proves that he was trying his best not to hurt anyone.

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
It looks like the fired at the windshield while he has charging

Valtonen
May 13, 2014

Tanks still suck but you don't gotta hand it to the Axis either.

Al! posted:

Takes a while to draw, arm and throw. After the shots, the guys take cover. Because unknown nr of possibly armed perps on car who might now partake, so they Flash And clear

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

hakimashou posted:

rektsekuted

Someone needs to put up flashing Doritos, Mt Dew, and MLG logo's when he goes down on this.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
They chased OJ Simpson for hours the police never shot him he was up on murder charges these ranchers were peaceful protesters for the most part not like Ferguson burning buildings and cars

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Cool gif of a guy getting killed, thank you for posting.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Salt Fish posted:

Cool gif of a guy getting killed, thank you for posting.

This but unironically.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Prester Jane posted:

So the going narrative in the liberty movement is that he put his hands down because he had already been shot and he was reaching for the wounds out of instinct. Also the fact that he missed hitting the roadblock and the agent proves that he was trying his best not to hurt anyone.
I've seen this on Bundy's facebook but no real response anywhere else. Has anyone gotten an explanation why they would want to kill LaVoy but let everyone else live? I mean, besides that he tried to run a road block and did not keep his hands in the air. I haven't seen any of the supporters try to tackle that one.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

kartikeya posted:

I was a little on the fence the first time I watched it. That is, it was a valid shoot, by far, but I wasn't entirely sure if he was intending to pull the weapon or do some dumbass 'gonna throw it away' thing.

Then I backed up the stream to watch the whole presser (I came in during the video) and so I saw it again.

He does this twice.

He gets out, hands up, reaches for his waist, puts his hands back up (I imagine officers were at that point shouting at him not to do that, but of course we don't know yet), and then reaches again. That's when they shoot him. He was fake surrendering or waffling on what he wanted to do. Either way, no choice at that point for the officers.

Yeah that's the damming thing, he got away with what would get most people killed in that situation and then he did it again.

quote:

FBI guy also stated they fired at the vehicle as it was running the roadblock, so honestly it's a loving miracle they didn't shoot him as soon as he got out because he'd nearly killed someone and would have almost certainly killed others if he'd fully rammed it.

Where did they say this? The press conference doesn't mention it.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Knight posted:

I've seen this on Bundy's facebook but no real response anywhere else. Has anyone gotten an explanation why they would want to kill LaVoy but let everyone else live? I mean, besides that he tried to run a road block and did not keep his hands in the air. I haven't seen any of the supporters try to tackle that one.

no, there is no reason for it but they'll just make up some thing about he was threatening to them with his rational words and strong charisma or something

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Levitate posted:

Yeah that's the damming thing, he got away with what would get most people killed in that situation and then he did it again.

Where did they say this? The press conference doesn't mention it.

I believe he did mention it when summarizing, but I know he said it when he was taking questions at the end.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Levitate posted:

no, there is no reason for it but they'll just make up some thing about he was threatening to them with his rational words and strong charisma or something

Maybe he should have put more points into dexterity instead of charisma so he wouldn't fail the saving thrown on a bullet.

CaptBushido
Mar 24, 2004

Yeah, I actually didn't ever click the video because I'm really not into watching people die, so thanks for embedding it in the forums in gif form. Appreciate that.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

CaptBushido posted:

Yeah, I actually didn't ever click the video because I'm really not into watching people die, so thanks for embedding it in the forums in gif form. Appreciate that.

Well you're in luck. He probably didn't actually die until after the gif ends.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

CaptBushido posted:

eh, he probably died a while later

Sad that it's not unambiguous enough to ruin the narrative for sovcits, but it's obvious for anyone who isn't full on drinking the koolaid. He actually died BOTH with his hands up AND reaching for his weapon.

Stupid idiot shouldn't have run, then he would not only be alive, but the SovCits would have nobody to rally around. Hard to believe I was laughing at this tarp idiot a week or two ago and then the FBI shot him.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

CaptBushido posted:

So you don't play video games?

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Did those cops have a deathwish standing in each others line of fire?

New thread title: TarpMan too dumb to live.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

A Winner is Jew posted:

Someone needs to put up flashing Doritos, Mt Dew, and MLG logo's when he goes down on this.

Agree. Also it looks like they were just using pistols right? So the shooters wouldn't have had any scopes to use. I think that technically qualifies as a no-scope. Some airhorns would be appropriate in that case.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

McDowell posted:

I was half expecting the C130 mission irl after I saw the perspective.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Grem posted:

Great Scott man. They're just militia, they're not Nobel Prize winners.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Levitate posted:

Hard to tell from the helicopter footage, but the first time it looks like he might have lost his footing in the snowbank and dropped his arms to try and steady himself. Second time really looks like he's going for a gun, though.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Grem posted:

Chunky Salsa would have been more interesting if nothing else.

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:five:

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

McDowell posted:

Believe it or not, there are people in this world who don't play video games

Evil_Urna
Aug 16, 2004

Its ok. It would have been better as a GIF, but I understand that you don't know what your doing.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

As a Millennial I posted:

Believe it or not, there are people in this world who don't play video games

I think a poster with a pixel art avatar is a safe bet.

Desensitization is not a bad thing. We have all been rewired by the black mirror.

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

McDowell posted:

Video games aren't real life

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

NoThiefsAllowed appears to be playing a steady stream of ridiculous SovCit rationalization of that video. The most recent is some dude claiming the reason that he's reaching to his waist is that the cops are 'already plugging him full of lead' and so he's just reacting to being shot, obviously.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Obviously if someone already believes in their heart that Robert "LaVoy" Finicum is a hero, this video isn't going to convince them otherwise. The cowardly federal government ambushed these peaceful protestors and executed a man for surrendering himself at them at high speed.

Personally I wish they'd been able to take him alive but it's clear from the video that they didn't have a choice. Maybe he really was dropping his arms reflexively because he was losing his balance in the deep snow. But after the guy nearly runs an agent over and then bolts from the car, how else are they supposed to react?

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

As a Millennial I posted:

Obviously if someone already believes in their heart that Robert "LaVoy" Finicum is a hero, this video isn't going to convince them otherwise. The cowardly federal government ambushed these peaceful protestors and executed a man for surrendering himself at them at high speed.

Personally I wish they'd been able to take him alive but it's clear from the video that they didn't have a choice. Maybe he really was dropping his arms reflexively because he was losing his balance in the deep snow. But after the guy nearly runs an agent over and then bolts from the car, how else are they supposed to react?

He's holding his hand there, under his coat, for a significant amount of time in a potential active shooter situation. It's really not just a sudden reflexive thing the second time, unless he's literally the dumbest man not-alive, and deaf to whatever the officers are shouting at him.

...Also now they're talking about how the guy who nearly got hit clearly jumped in front of the truck on purpose so they could murder him, because that happens all the time.

Err.

And now they just straight up called Obama a N-----. Cool.

Edit: Oh lol, and he said he'd clean it up later because he didn't want to dilute the message, but the guy is still saying it over and over again.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

oohhboy posted:

Did those cops have a deathwish standing in each others line of fire?

New thread title: TarpMan too dumb to live.

I'm going to guess they went wide to have full coverage anticipating he would stop short of the road block, but then he swerved around and was out running. Maybe the guy in the woods could have circled around toward the roadblock, but then he's moving toward the truck with armed occupants inside. Maybe he could have sought cover behind a tree, but that's an iffy proposition with a non-compliant suspect reaching for a gun in front of you. Maybe don't have people positioned wide, but then if the truck stops in front of the road block you have to go wading through the snow to get people into positions to cover the sides of the truck.

Two things I was taught at FLETC stand out: textbook felony stops happen on your practical exam at the academy and more or less nowhere else, and sometimes you get handed a poo poo sandwich and have to take a bite.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Booourns posted:

Video games aren't real life

Remember what Mr. Halloran said its just pictures in a book it can't hurt you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Kazak_Hstan posted:

This but unironically.

Good thing theres no snow in GTA

• Locked thread