Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang

tentacles posted:

They did an amazing job with the port. Lots of extra content, a nearly perfect mobile UI, and the drat thing loads in half a breath. Neko Assume literally takes longer.

I'm still playing through it; the only downside I can think of is that it's still a bloody long game, the actual gameplay is still very nineties and it's easy to lose interest as the next shiny thing comes along

Yes I played BG1 EE on PC and it worked nicely. I'm prepared for the 90's gameplay, I was mostly worried about the port to tablets and how playable that was. Looks like it's no worse than any 90's game. I'll give it a shot then, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Furism posted:

Yes I played BG1 EE on PC and it worked nicely. I'm prepared for the 90's gameplay, I was mostly worried about the port to tablets and how playable that was. Looks like it's no worse than any 90's game. I'll give it a shot then, thanks!

Mechanically, it works great. better interface then a mouse, I think. Game is still a 90's save before/after everything because you might get crited against by a spider and die.

I wish they would give fallout 1/2 this treatment.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Downwell is now available on Android:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.devolver.downwell

Seems like it would be a nightmare to play on a phone, but I'll probably still give it a try.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
The controls seem fine but if you have a tiny phone and/or huge hands I imagine it might feel quite cramped.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Avengers Academy is going to add dating in the near future. The problem is the current cast is Iron Man, Loki, Falcon, Thor, Cap, Hulk, Hawkeye Vision, and War Machine for dudges, and just Wasp, Black Widow and Spider-Woman for girls.

They're going to need to add some some more girl characters before dating can be effective.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Jan 28, 2016

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Do you actually play a character in that game or are you a more nebulous guiding spirit deal

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009
Dating sim with superheroes. Finally something I can jerk it to.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

RentACop posted:

Do you actually play a character in that game or are you a more nebulous guiding spirit deal

You play Marvel Comics Editor-in-Chief Axel Alonso.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

RentACop posted:

It's basically Simpsons Tapped out or Family Guy Quest for Stuff but with Marvel characters. They're the closest I can get to a town building game.

This is mostly for the collecting and the writing. It's got a lot of neat stuff, but then I'm also a Marvel fanboy to the max so it appeals to me more than it would to others.

Some screenshot from the game

The writing is pretty amusing, and its one of those games you play for a few minutes, then come back an hour later. As i said, it's more about the collecting than any action.

It's still in beta so your level capped at 17, but there's content listed up to 50. And according to tinyCo they have plans for nearly 100 characters to be added. The nice thing is I haven't hit any serious paywall poo poo. Oh yea, if you want Vision or War Machine you have to pay, but you don't have to get them if you don't want. It has the normal skip this 8 hour task by spending currency, but I don't think anyone is so sprat to play the game so much that would be a reasonable thing to do.

I really don't understand people who do that. So what if you can only do 10 battles or 5 matches every 2 hours, take a break.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Retro-flavored street fighting life sim/management game Punch Club is finally out for Android after its initial iOS/Steam release a few weeks back.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Jan 28, 2016

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

Ask me about being a liar who doesn't actually like tacos and is a disagreeable asshole
Dang the Avengers Academy game isn't available for my Nexus 6p. I've been wondering why I couldn't find it.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

mrkillboy posted:

Retro-flavored street fighting life sim/management game Punch Club is finally out for Android after its initial iOS/Steam release a few weeks back.

This sounds like something I made in Game Dev Story.

My shining achievement, however, was a FPS-Golf mashup called "Holes-in-Every-One". :colbert:

Sold like crazy.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
twofold inc. is out today. It's a fun little puzzler that I've enjoyed playing so far today, despite its difficulty. I tend to go for games that I can play for 4-5 minutes at a time on my phone, so this is perfect.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

i like tacos posted:

Dang the Avengers Academy game isn't available for my Nexus 6p. I've been wondering why I couldn't find it.

Yeah, looks like its on a limited release beta. Not available in the US in any case yet.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Punch Club is really addictive, like Kairosoft addictive. It's a bit slow going though, since your fighter's stats deteriorate each day so it often feels like you're making very little progress trying to level him up. The pop culture references are also really on the nose (the first two named NPCs you meet are a grizzled old trainer named Mickey and a convenience store clerk named Apu).

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning
Is it just me or does Crashlands get ridiculously hard once you get to the Bawg?

GodspeedSphere
Apr 25, 2008
Bawg 101 seems to be kill Vommas and then the worms while gearing up. Make a small tusker farm and mix witj beoghs for potions.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

GodspeedSphere posted:

Bawg 101 seems to be kill Vommas and then the worms while gearing up. Make a small tusker farm and mix witj beoghs for potions.

Yeah, i'm getting the hang of it, just was a shock jumping from 1-3 hit killing everything, to basically starting over.

Also, whats this about 'hoover up [thing] with your suit'? am i missing an ability or something?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I know Crashlands is playable on a smart phone, but is it enjoyable if played entirely on a smart phone? I've got money in my Google Fun Bux stash burning a hole in my pocket.

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007
Not minding this marvel academy game. Cloud saving doesn't seem to work.

tonytheshoes
Nov 19, 2002

They're still shitty...

New Leaf posted:

I know Crashlands is playable on a smart phone, but is it enjoyable if played entirely on a smart phone? I've got money in my Google Fun Bux stash burning a hole in my pocket.

I've been playing it exclusively on my phone, and I haven't had any problems--well, except for the occasional issue using the 'hot key' items--the buttons are a little small and hard to hit in the heat of battle. Other than that, it's been great.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Okay yeah, Crashlands is strangely addictive. I feel cramped on my phone even though it's pretty big (Moto X Pure), but the game is more fun than I was expecting.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

dpack_1 posted:

Yeah, i'm getting the hang of it, just was a shock jumping from 1-3 hit killing everything, to basically starting over.

Also, whats this about 'hoover up [thing] with your suit'? am i missing an ability or something?

There is a crashlands thread. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3761793&pagenumber=4&perpage=40

But yeah the start of the bawg is the lowest point of fun in the game. The start of the third area is way more fun. The developer said they will look into it in the QOL patch.

And I'm not sure what you are referring to with the hoover thing. I think the game means your suit will collect all items automatically but that is always in effect.

GodspeedSphere
Apr 25, 2008

dpack_1 posted:

The bawg had a quest to hoover up an outpost that requires you to go into build mode and remove the outpost. You mean this?

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
M.U.L.E. Returns is now available on the Play store.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHAqaLYpF54

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
This last patch for punch club break anyone's game? A couple of my menus are broken. I'm on a HTC one m8 for reference.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

This last patch for punch club break anyone's game? A couple of my menus are broken. I'm on a HTC one m8 for reference.

The update before the latest update glitched the fights menu on my LG G4. It's fixed now on my device but I can't help but think something else got broken, which is a little frustrating since I had no issues with the initial release.

Waynebo
May 18, 2004

Look at that subtle off-white coloring.
The tasteful thickness of it.
Oh my god. It even has a watermark.
nm

Waynebo fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Jan 31, 2016

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Dr. Video Games 0050 posted:

Not minding this marvel academy game. Cloud saving doesn't seem to work.

Since the most recent patch its connecting me with google play so maybe now? Also bunch of new characters were added, but are still locked because we cannot progress past level 17. They're Taskmaster, Maria Hill and Ant-Man ( I assume Scott Lang because Hank Pym is a teacher).

The games has been pretty good on fremium bullshit, but it did go "hey recruit the hulk early! Only 1500 gems!" and to get 1500 gems you'd need to spend 100bux.

allsizesfitone
May 7, 2007
People never notice anything.
We're never getting another Kairosoft game, are we? I tried so hard to like Fiz, but it's not the same.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
based on the latest Japanese releases for kairosoft games you're not missing much.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

allsizesfitone posted:

We're never getting another Kairosoft game, are we? I tried so hard to like Fiz, but it's not the same.

They tried to do subscription no-ads on a paid game, and I did not make that up.

The relative paucity of releases after that should give you a hint as to how they took the lessons from that experiment (hint: probably mostly the wrong way).

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

I have £10 of google bux. How do the Squaresoft games control on a phone?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Are here any racing games that don't have ridiculous rubber-banding? I tried Asphalt 8 for a while, but holy poo poo it's bad.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

allsizesfitone posted:

Yeah, Fiz is actually a competent, well-designed game.

Dmaonk
Oct 15, 2007

Chinese Starcraft tomato ninja image

big mean giraffe posted:

Yeah, Fiz is actually a competent, well-designed game.

I also tried Fiz. I love the genre and have played several Kairosoft games to completion, but I found Fiz oddly slow and lifeless.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Are there any games that use music that aren't rhythm games? Like Monster Rancher/Vib-Ribbon style stuff where it just looks at the song and generates w/e from it?

e: I played a lot of Record Run and that game isn't even particularly good!

Hat Thoughts fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jan 31, 2016

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

Hat Thoughts posted:

Are there any games that use music that aren't rhythm games? Like Monster Rancher/Vib-Ribbon style stuff where it just looks at the song and generates w/e from it?

e: I played a lot of Record Run and that game isn't even particularly good!

Beat Hazard Ultra is a twin stick shooter like that.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I was lucky enough to unlock the USS Voyager in star trek timelines, because the monthly premium currency for five dollars gives you quite a few rolls worth. I can now win space battles on elite at three star efficiency through episode four. This game isn't really free to play, though. I can't see getting past episode three without dropping five bucks for the monthly crystals. At least the price of premium currency is low compared to a lot of other gacha type games, for ten bucks you have more than enough for a ten roll.

In that bleach game that's like rune story, you'd need to spend twenty for a ten roll, which is crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Anyone got a line on a current MArvel Academy APK?