Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Rakeris posted:

Yeah it's sad, those huge fights were fun, conversation pieces. Also rare enough that they were not tiresome. I even had random people at work ask me if I was there cause they knew I played eve. And read about it on some news site.

I had the best of both worlds because I watched the stream all day at work then got to jump into it when they called for a Dominix fleet around midnight EST to neut out and finish the last 10 avatars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

crew posted:

I would imagine they're furiously unplugging slaves right about now

some not fast enough :smugdog:

Berious posted:

I was at B-R. For me putting elite pvp in their place was as satisfying as killing Band of Brothers. Literally for months they'd been sperging on Kugu about how they own at supers and once they catch goons with their pants down we're done. Then we get pretty equal numbers and just obliterate them. Even better we won in no small part because the elite pvpers made a bunch of bad calls, like at first focusing on killing dreadnaughts and when the finally switched to titans going for one that would obviously be supertanked (in contrast we left Sir Molle's until the mopping up phase). Such a cool battle and a sweet victory. We'll never see it's like again :saddowns:

i mean it wasn't really even numbers

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

crew posted:

Brings a tear to the eye just remembering, we shall never see its like again :rip:

I was flying a Celestis for FYF in B-R for about 4 hours before I got so bored that I just rage logged out mid-fight. It's cool to say that I was there, but god drat... To spend 4 hours and know that you maybe got off only a handful of jams on various targets because of ti-di is not a very good feeling.

As all things with Eve: cool to talk about, boring-bordering-on-awful to participate in.

(Note: This is not a post in defense of Fozziesov, which basically shut down B-R style events in favor of... well... nothing instead. Wait I take that back, Fozziesov replaced B-R first with trollceptors, THEN with nothing.)

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Siets posted:

I was flying a Celestis for FYF in B-R for about 4 hours before I got so bored that I just rage logged out mid-fight. It's cool to say that I was there, but god drat... To spend 4 hours and know that you maybe got off only a handful of jams on various targets because of ti-di is not a very good feeling.

As all things with Eve: cool to talk about, boring-bordering-on-awful to participate in.

(Note: This is not a post in defense of Fozziesov, which basically shut down B-R style events in favor of... well... nothing instead. Wait I take that back, Fozziesov replaced B-R first with trollceptors, THEN with nothing.)

It's like sports related violence, sure you're getting punched in the face and that sucks but you did get to stomp the dude who said something bad about your team. Only on the internet and no one is arrested

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

crew posted:

I had the best of both worlds because I watched the stream all day at work then got to jump into it when they called for a Dominix fleet around midnight EST to neut out and finish the last 10 avatars.

I was in my dread but too far away to whore on Shrike. I was upset about it.

Regardless, it was incredibly cool to be part of that whole huge thing. It probably ranks among the coolest things I've ever done in EVE. Honestly, the whole Halloween war was just insanely friggin cool in retrospective. At the time it was boring as heck though :v:

Hopefully when TMDC does their next book kickstarter, the KS and book are successful enough that they can do a halloween war movie, because if -anything- deserves to be made into something for delivery to the masses, it's that.

Berious posted:

when the finally switched to titans going for one that would obviously be supertanked

Actually that was a fuckup due to spy/server issues, rather than target picking. Sort Dragon had a sort of proto-DC iirc, where he thought he'd DC'ed (and so all of his hardeners etc would be off, making him by far the easiest target on the battlefield), but his session stayed alive, so all his modules stayed on, so he ate about a billion doomsdays while we picked up ~7-12 more titan kills.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

some not fast enough :smugdog:

i mean it wasn't really even numbers

It really was as these things go. The vast majority of super fights were ganks or turkey-shooting things that are no threat. That was a proper knock down fight and the losses reflect that. Like the big dread battles that used to happen before supers made them obsolete

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

ChickenWing posted:

Actually that was a fuckup due to spy/server issues, rather than target picking. Sort Dragon had a sort of proto-DC iirc, where he thought he'd DC'ed (and so all of his hardeners etc would be off, making him by far the easiest target on the battlefield), but his session stayed alive, so all his modules stayed on, so he ate about a billion doomsdays while we picked up ~7-12 more titan kills.

That's cool to know. Was definitely the kill the whole fight turned on.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
same

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
edit: Yikes, someone is having some fun with this thread. :v:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Siets posted:

edit: Yikes, someone is having some fun with this thread. :v:

it was every thread, actually

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Eonwe posted:

it was every thread, actually

Mods or some script kiddie?

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
What did i miss? Looked normal to me on an ipad

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Berious posted:

What did i miss? Looked normal to me on an ipad

For 2-3 minutes every word was parsed with USER HAS BEEN BANNED FOR THIS POST. It's fixed now I think.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Kimsemus posted:

For 2-3 minutes every word was parsed with USER HAS BEEN BANNED FOR THIS POST. It's fixed now I think.

The ghost of mmo hmo future :ohdear:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Siets posted:

Mods or some script kiddie?

probably ZDR tinkering

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Has Star Citizen just poo poo itself or is DSmart trolling on the twitters?

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer

Kimsemus posted:

Yeah, I remember the "get lynched" thing now that you say it. I never said he got kicked for being in NCdot or not being affiliated with GSF or anything. I'm not even questioning the merits of why he got kicked as I felt like we basically told the same story. I distinctly remember it was editing disagreements as the catalyst for his removal, I just felt like he had ALWAYS been like this, and it was simply tolerated until people felt like it shouldn't be anymore, which coincided with a change in leadership structure at TMC and editorial staff.

What I questioned though, was what was said at the time of his termination, and the systemic poo poo flinging that occured afterwards against him, because I really do feel like for awhile he made good contributions to the site.

I remember that too. However, everyone knew how marlona was in TMC so i think they just got tired of dealing with him. If i recall it was kind of a surprise he was just gone one day because they tolerated him so long. He did make good contributions so the poo poo flinging was rather annoying.

Unfunny Poster posted:

Yeah pretty much. It was also funny given that he tried to spin it as a "NCdot are being forced out" when it really was just him being a shithead who no one felt like dealing with anymore.

My problem was that after that someone used it to cause NCdot to turn on those of us who wrote for TMC. I couldn't get interviews after battles, and in fleets people in my own corp became hostile like I was relaying information. Which if i recall, TMC didn't encourage that as they wanted to keep the site a news site and not an intel dump.

That is the ultimate reason I left NCDot and joined GSF. I felt ran off just because I liked to write about EVE on TMC.

Then once kim got kicked from TMC and GSF I left both too since i knew the back story on why. It is funny now to look back on it, but it was all pretty frustrating back then as i like to write and it ruined the enjoyment of writing for EVE.

Kimsemus posted:

My favorite part of B-R was vince briefing us as we logged in supers that PL were about to get hosed, but that we needed to get hosed with them because we were friends and poo poo.

And got hosed we did. Was still a lot of fun though, dying in super super super super super super super super slow motion.

Yeah. Everyone knew we were going to get hosed so there we sat for like 26 hours. haha! I went shopping and came back and nothing changed. lol.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Oodles posted:

Looks like the senior producer just quit.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I forgot this shitshow was still a thing, man people are dumb

:psyduck:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

crew posted:

thats not even the tip of the iceberg

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Oodles posted:

Not yet. The guts are rumbling and there's a few wet farts, but the diarrheal colonic spasms are still yet to occur

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Eonwe posted:

thats not even the tip of the iceberg

I just bought a new 24" 144hz monitor for $350 and these nerds are buying jpegs for $350 what is goin on :psyduck:

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

crew posted:

Lmao if you don't have 4 maxed out credit cards from buying star citizen ships

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

justsharkbait posted:

My problem was that after that someone used it to cause NCdot to turn on those of us who wrote for TMC. I couldn't get interviews after battles, and in fleets people in my own corp became hostile like I was relaying information. Which if i recall, TMC didn't encourage that as they wanted to keep the site a news site and not an intel dump.

That is the ultimate reason I left NCDot and joined GSF. I felt ran off just because I liked to write about EVE on TMC.

Then once kim got kicked from TMC and GSF I left both too since i knew the back story on why. It is funny now to look back on it, but it was all pretty frustrating back then as i like to write and it ruined the enjoyment of writing for EVE.

Yeah, that was one side affect that was pretty idiotic. NC. aren't really known for not being idiots.

Also the Kimsemus/ArcheAge drama is on equal level of being idiotic.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

justsharkbait posted:

Everyone knew we were going to get hosed so there we sat for like 26 hours

Did you really though. I remember PL guys cheerleading in the twitch chat talking about a titan-heavy ustz presence hoping the tide would turn.

Even the kill counters on Nicks stream were wildly inaccurate and it was only the next day when ccp released the official 59-16 number that it turned into a turbodunk.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I tried to google back through the sands of time to see who all had what on field from the various dscans that day but it appears most scans were done on dingos broken rear end website.

Hey Hendrick do you guys have those numbers internally? All the ccp data is about what died and not what was on field.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

crew posted:

Did you really though. I remember PL guys cheerleading in the twitch chat talking about a titan-heavy ustz presence hoping the tide would turn.

Even the kill counters on Nicks stream were wildly inaccurate and it was only the next day when ccp released the official 59-16 number that it turned into a turbodunk.

It was pretty well known N3PL were hosed from the outset. USTZ might have been able to swing things but it was the same situation as G-3 or HED-GP was, whichever fight it was a few weeks earlier where the CFC got dumpstered hard because they didn't show up on time.

crew posted:

I tried to google back through the sands of time to see who all had what on field from the various dscans that day but it appears most scans were done on dingos broken rear end website.

Hey Hendrick do you guys have those numbers internally? All the ccp data is about what died and not what was on field.

Nick's numbers were him just guessing/getting poo poo from other people.

Also I'm pretty sure it was tracked within PL, but I don't know why you'd think that I'd have access to it given I wasn't in PL at the time, nor do I fly anything larger than a Battleship.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jan 29, 2016

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

I remember Grath and others claiming outright it was going to swing hard their way during USTZ, and everyone was quoting Fuzzeh's numbers as few people knew those titans were getting out and not dying.
Grath was trying to get every active super in B-R and there were rage pings for hours after it kicked off.

Not sure you're quite remembering the point at which it was resoundingly won, or that it was known.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

crew posted:

I very distinctly remember Vince Draken in the NC FC chat explaining how and why we were probably jumping to our dooms, and he wasn't being tongue and cheek about it. I'm pretty sure we knew we were about to get rekt, even if PL didn't want to believe it. You have to remember though it was PL leadership's (manfred) hubris that kicked off the whole thing though.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Khablam posted:

I remember Grath and others claiming outright it was going to swing hard their way during USTZ, and everyone was quoting Fuzzeh's numbers as few people knew those titans were getting out and not dying.
Grath was trying to get every active super in B-R and there were rage pings for hours after it kicked off.

Not sure you're quite remembering the point at which it was resoundingly won, or that it was known.

I wasn't in PL at the time so I only knew what was going on as much as any regular dude in Waffles and by the time I got home from work and into the fight by ~8-9pm Eastern it was pretty much "yeah we're hosed so let's tank til downtime etc."

The worst part ob B-R is despite doing damage to a half dozen titans, I died and didn't get on any killmails so I never had my first titan killmail til a year later :smith:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Kimsemus posted:

I very distinctly remember Vince Draken in the NC FC chat explaining how and why we were probably jumping to our dooms, and he wasn't being tongue and cheek about it. I'm pretty sure we knew we were about to get rekt, even if PL didn't want to believe it. You have to remember though it was PL leadership's (manfred) hubris that kicked off the whole thing though.

I remember Manny's hubris because he insisted on putting the whole dick on the table everytime and never backing down.

I'm just not buying the badly outnumbered thing titan-wise. Everytime PL or NC does a moveop I'm like: outnumbered by what? Rifters? All I can find as to who put what on field is busted eve-dingo links.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

crew posted:

I remember Manny's hubris because he insisted on putting the whole dick on the table everytime and never backing down.

I'm just not buying the badly outnumbered thing titan-wise. Everytime PL or NC does a moveop I'm like: outnumbered by what? Rifters? All I can find as to who put what on field is busted eve-dingo links.

I'm not sure about PL, but I know NCdot pretty much went all in. We didn't hold anything back and really had nothing left to throw into the fight.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What are your guys' thoughts on the EVE_NT events that have been happening lately?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tdHuKmV8LE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kClGz3rUJE

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

iirc us or the Russians had dreads on grid when the first hostile supers and titans came in, hostile dd's went green on dreads as our supers came in, our dd's went straight on hostile titans which gave us a good head start on the murdering regardless of us heavily outnumbering them.

Three titans were dead before our first died, and sneaky russian rags peacing out in low armor/hull really made a difference, nail in the coffin being sort dragons hero avatar.

Up until sorts avatar, we were hearing that pl/nc still believed they were pretty much even with us for Titan losses, they had a good 10 or so rags marked as dead that had managed to get out and nobody questioned it due to the crippling tidi and lag.

From what I remember, we outnumbered the hostile titans almost 2-1 including the Russians, but our supers were outnumbered, they just played less of a part being affected worse by module lag and bomber activation.

almighty
Mar 9, 2011

Lord_Ferritos posted:

iirc us or the Russians had dreads on grid when the first hostile supers and titans came in, hostile dd's went green on dreads as our supers came in, our dd's went straight on hostile titans which gave us a good head start on the murdering regardless of us heavily outnumbering them.

Three titans were dead before our first died, and sneaky russian rags peacing out in low armor/hull really made a difference, nail in the coffin being sort dragons hero avatar.

Up until sorts avatar, we were hearing that pl/nc still believed they were pretty much even with us for Titan losses, they had a good 10 or so rags marked as dead that had managed to get out and nobody questioned it due to the crippling tidi and lag.

From what I remember, we outnumbered the hostile titans almost 2-1 including the Russians, but our supers were outnumbered, they just played less of a part being affected worse by module lag and bomber activation.

Also let's not forget about the whole Kugu sperging about how we intentionally were causing tidi on grids that large capital and supercapital fights were taking place through keeping our subcap fleets present. Whereas in reality, I clearly remember getting ordered out of the B-R and into a periphery system in the FYF fleet I was flying with right after the moment you described (initial PL supers and titans dropping).

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer

Unfunny Poster posted:

Yeah, that was one side affect that was pretty idiotic. NC. aren't really known for not being idiots.

Also the Kimsemus/ArcheAge drama is on equal level of being idiotic.
Ncdot was always a bit idiotic with there decisions though but they were awesome fun at PVP.

And the Archeage drama was interesting to me b/c i got see drama going from one game to another, and that is always amusing, though it still was ridiculous.

Kimsemus posted:

Yeah. Ncdot already knew we were screwed and we all were pretty much like....gently caress it we can replace it all eventually. I don't think anyone aside from PL thought there was a chance. That's also why we spent like 3? hours shooting sort dragon's titan b/c vince was like we are going to kill him regardless of anything else. lol!

A fight like that though, you almost have to go all in just to be a part of history. Its a big reason a lot of us play EVE. Regardless of the outcome I still am glad to be able to say I was apart of it.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

"Didn't want those supers anyway" sounds a little revisionist; if you didn't care win/lose the entire political landscape wouldn't have been how it was afterwards. I mean why would you deliberately get your poo poo killed, and then cede all your poo poo, when you could just not get them killed?

People are forgetting this happened right after Hed-gg, and NC/PL were in turbosmug mode and genuinely believed catching our supers would mean killing them all. By the time "the first few titans" were down, we were already many real-hours into the fight and escape was impossible.

e: It was also a year after Asakai where we lost supers, and months after Fountain where we quite obviously couldn't/wouldn't field them.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Khablam posted:

"Didn't want those supers anyway" sounds a little revisionist; if you didn't care win/lose the entire political landscape wouldn't have been how it was afterwards. I mean why would you deliberately get your poo poo killed, and then cede all your poo poo, when you could just not get them killed?

People are forgetting this happened right after Hed-gg, and NC/PL were in turbosmug mode and genuinely believed catching our supers would mean killing them all. By the time "the first few titans" were down, we were already many real-hours into the fight and escape was impossible.

e: It was also a year after Asakai where we lost supers, and months after Fountain where we quite obviously couldn't/wouldn't field them.

We definitely wanted to keep our supers. We were pretty salty for months afterward. B-R was definitely an embarrassment and was a mistake on the part of PL/NCdot.

balistafreak
Oct 30, 2012

Well, apparently a few days after reactivating my highsec trade alt, I'm getting bumped by a guy claiming to be with Miniluv who's trying to ransom my freighter + 950M~ cargo. According to him, this character is marked red on standings or some poo poo.

This is awkward.

UPDATE:

Guess I should've enlisted an alt into GSF proper at some point. I hate nullsec politics on a matter of principle, though.

Well, at least all the loot dropped.

balistafreak fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Jan 31, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
yeah cause that's what the average person in goonfleet or karma has to worry about, politics

• Locked thread