Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
This is like a weird mirror image of that Oathkeeper guy who tried to protest with Black Lives Matter and all the other Oathkeepers shuffled around awkwardly because for some unknown reason they supported the cops in that situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Shbobdb posted:

This is like a weird mirror image of that Oathkeeper guy who tried to protest with Black Lives Matter and all the other Oathkeepers shuffled around awkwardly because for some unknown reason they supported the cops in that situation.

Shbobdb posted:

:toxx:

This will end when one (or more) people who have spent some time at the refuge will, for totally unknown reasons, go on a shooting spree. They will die, and afterwards the militants will explain that they had kicked those people out for being crazy and never really affiliated with them.

Everybody goes home with no punishments beyond some small misdemeanors for the most egregious offenders (if that), and it is as though nothing happened. Except for the families of the victims

:toxx:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
David Fry just asked for pardons or else they are not leaving the refuge.

Also, delusions of people trying to get into the refuge to reinforce them.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

SquadronROE posted:

More interesting than what happens to the rest of these people, and more interesting than the sad death of tarpman, is the fallout from this in the militia movement at large. These guys were literally trying to make a last stand and called on other militias to join up, but very few people showed up. All there was, was a lot of Internet grumbling and then the FBI took down most of them without even a fight.

I wonder if that's going to cause people to rethink things (unlikely).

Status of powder: drier than nun's crotch on the Atacama plateau.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Shbobdb posted:

Ban yourself already dum dum

faxlore
Sep 24, 2014

a blue star tattoo for you!

Shbobdb posted:

Shut up and ban yourself already

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
DefendYourBase has a lovely phone, but he thinks the FBI is turning it off at random times.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Shocker, the crazy deluded far-right-wing 'hacker' who went up to the compound to live out his war fantasy is crazy and deluded.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

MariusLecter posted:

David Fry just asked for pardons or else they are not leaving the refuge.

Also, delusions of people trying to get into the refuge to reinforce them.

That they want pardons would seem to indicate they want to live but by refusing to leave they are increasing the chances of getting shot if the feds end up raiding this place

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Oh yeah FBI? If you want to arrest me HOW COME YOU HAVENT ARRESTED SHHILLARY??

You think about that American people

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Levitate posted:

That they want pardons would seem to indicate they want to live but by refusing to leave they are increasing the chances of getting shot if the feds end up raiding this place

There's only 4 of them, and from what we saw yesterday they aren't really holed up in the buildings. I'd think taking them alive would be doable. Maybe not easy, but doable.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
To whatever extent anyone wants to trust Fry, he also stated on his latest post that the FBI told him they are currently arresting the most dangerous, and will arrest others later. That's probably true, but I kind of doubt they told him that. Or maybe they've reached a point where all they have left to try is 'here is exactly how hosed you are, choose how you want to deal with it.'

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

Levitate posted:

No, they don't want to live. Since they didn't die, they don't want to face consequences for their actions. They came in this ready and *expecting* to die. So all that going to jail and facing consequences didn't factor into their great martyr fantasy. Now that it turns out that, what a shock, we aren't run by a tyrannical muslim dictator who hates America. . . They're realizing they're not getting their death in glorious battle to get them to white christian valhalla. So now that the patriotic high has worn off they're realizing 'Oh gently caress, We done did something that could get us locked up for life'. So they're desperately trying to avoid consequences. If given a pardon they'll leave and then come back another time with an even more assholish plan to get themselves killed in glorious revolution.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx
Wait.

If they're 4 of them and they're outside and exposed they should just drop water on everything outside (including them) and just wait like 30 min until they start to suffer from hypothermia and roll up on them.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

A Winner is Jew posted:

Wait.

If they're 4 of them and they're outside and exposed they should just drop water on everything outside (including them) and just wait like 30 min until they start to suffer from hypothermia and roll up on them.

Good idea, but I vote we drop santorum.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Reminder, you don't get to declare yourself a paramilitary force and then retreat into harmless citizen protest just because you didn't infact murder a bunch of people who happened to be wearing law enforcement uniforms.

E: This hits home to me because most these people on the LEO side are the same kind of people I've sat at a table and had lunch with to talk about security more than a few times. The fact that the fantasy is to murder people with the audacity to work in the public sector rather than you know, anyone with responsibilities for the world's order should make everyone feel ill. They justify this with "well you're complicit in the [imagined] oppression!"

Its not TV.

RuanGacho fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Jan 29, 2016

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

A Winner is Jew posted:

Wait.

I'm guessing the FBI is just enjoying this too much. The longer they stay there, the more demoralizing it is currently, for the militia nutjobs. The longer they stay there, the more chance for 'reinforcements' and when reinforcements never come, they're suddenly now questioning if their 'fellows' would REALLY come and back them up. Everyone had been caught up in that 'We'd ALL get up and do this' and yet now that they called for help, called for backup, and nobody loving came?

From now on every single time a militia gets a stupid idea, they'll have to realize that no, their fellows might not join them. And without the numbers they desperately need: That's all they are. four jackasses camping in the woods, trying to desperately convince themselves that they matter and they aren't insane.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Since the link to it hasn't been posted yet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evYqaZiPYv8

David Fry. Still alive, Still stupid.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

A Winner is Jew posted:

Wait.

Considering its a 50% chance of rain already....

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Spun Dog posted:

Oh god.

Send all the candidates in, paratrooper style. Jeb! (TM) and Bernie fighting back-to-back, anime style against enemies of the state.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Mad Monk posted:

Blue tarp man, blue tarp man
Blue tarp man hates Federal man
They get in a fight, Federal wins
Blue tarp man

SyHopeful
Jun 24, 2007
May an IDF soldier mistakenly gun down my own parents and face no repercussions i'd totally be cool with it cuz accidents are unavoidable in a low-intensity conflict, man

NathanScottPhillips posted:

No there was no "sniper" up the road shooting through the windshield past other officers heads and miraculously causing Finicum to swerve away from the roadblock. This was actually a real life event not a movie.

I wasn't suggesting that a shot at Finicum caused him to swerve, dick. I saw what looks like a single bullet hole in the windshield after the truck had come to a stop (didn't see it previously, so if it was already there as others are saying this is moot) and IF IT WAS A BULLET HOLE how did it get there, because it doesn't look like an a shot angle any VISIBLE officers could've made. Christ.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit
Apparently the FBI has told them thathat they can wait as long as it takes for the remaining 4 to surrender themselves. Honestly I give it five more days tops before human misery and stress fatigue sets in and they become nice and compliant. (I could be totally wrong here I fully admit.)

These fools don't realize that if you are going to be spending a great deal of empty time under high stress then you need to take hygiene and daily schedules very seriously or your will to endure/resist will just deflate. They are surrounded by piles of trash, have no hot showers, no Landry or fresh clothes, and are just leaving poo poo they use lie wherever because they have no idea how to psychologically cope with their situation.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Oh god.

Send all the candidates in, paratrooper style. Jeb! (TM) and Bernie fighting back-to-back, anime style against enemies of the state.

I think he was talking about the frothy discharge from post anal sex. Not the person it was named after.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Hey, it's not like he did anything wrong.

:911:

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

A Winner is Jew posted:

I think he was talking about the frothy discharge from post anal sex. Not the person it was named after.

This is correct. Please let the record show that I was referring to the regular noun and not the proper.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Spun Dog posted:

Yeah, and also the stuff that's named after him too!

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

A Winner is Jew posted:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campaign_for_%22santorum%22_neologism

Oh god what.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
definitely need more of these juxtaposition videos

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Kazak_Hstan posted:

definitely need more of these juxtaposition videos

Not a juxtaposition video... but still amazing.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

kartikeya posted:

they hung a tarp in lavoy's memory

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

There's a reason that few Americans hate and fear the internet, and desire that it be destroyed, more than Rick Santorum.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

A Winner is Jew posted:

Not a juxtaposition video... but still amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs&hd=1

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

It's an honest mistake, you really wouldn't want either one of them touching you.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Kazak_Hstan posted:

There was a platoon of Navy Seals ready to descend on the refuge and pledge their services to America against the evil occupying elected government, but Hillary told them to stand down.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

kartikeya posted:

David Fry is actually correct in his reading of the situation: The FBI doesn't wanted them grouped together with their guns.

edit: He's mad that they can't get pardons because of Marc Rich, :lol:

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

Prester Jane posted:

Apparently the FBI has told them thathat they can wait as long as it takes for the remaining 4 to surrender themselves. Honestly I give it five more days tops before human misery and stress fatigue sets in and they become nice and compliant.

They'll be in custody or dead by Monday morning.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Internet Webguy posted:

There was a platoon of Navy Seals ready to descend on the refuge and pledge their services to America against the evil occupying elected government, but Hillary told them to stand down.

I heard that the SEALs were ready to come in and help, but then Tarp Man got shot and the SEALs retreated out of fear. They weren't aware that Feds would shoot back and are obviously very averse to violent situations and what not.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Kro-Bar posted:

David Fry is actually correct in his reading of the situation: The FBI doesn't wanted them grouped together with their guns.

edit: He's mad that they can't get pardons because of Marc Rich, :lol:

Oh yes, that part was entirely correct. I just love that his response to 'well they won't drop one of our charges and they're probably going to charge all of us eventually' was 'OKAY NEW DEMAND IS PARDON US ALL'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

theflyingorc posted:

they hung a tarp in lavoy's memory

First thing I noticed too :hfive:

We need a crying tarp ghost smiley.