Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

CommonShore posted:

I'm thinking about doing burner blitzing but I don't quite understand the document you posted because I know nothing about these missions at all, so the info is contextless. Are they available from any L4 agent? Do I have to have a separate burner boat ready for every possible burner mission? I also imagine it would be a good idea to use a non-alliance character for this as well.
Yes, burners are available from all L4 combat agents and you need a small pool of different ships to do them. You don't quite need one ship per mission type - several of the frigate ones can be done with a daredevil, for example, and a bunch of others can be done with a garmur. You probably don't want to use a character in goonwaffe to do them if you're going to do it in highsec, but it shouldn't make much difference if you're running them in low or nullsec. Burner farming is quite good ISK as PvE goes but it's a very active form of grinding - not really something you can do while semi-afk. The missions aren't hard per se once you have the minmaxed fits and so on, but quite a few of them are unforgiving in that if you mess up your heating or whatever then you'll lose your ship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Khablam posted:

Basically you guys every time Llama posts

stupid picture[/timg]

Yeah, not so much. I thought he was just one really committed garr khan troll but no he's just stupid as poo poo. Hell at this point even if he IS just a really method actor "pretending" to be stupid lol got u guys i was just foolin!!!, that poo poo doesnt fly anymore and he's still just as retarded

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

LemonDrizzle posted:

Yes, burners are available from all L4 combat agents and you need a small pool of different ships to do them. You don't quite need one ship per mission type - several of the frigate ones can be done with a daredevil, for example, and a bunch of others can be done with a garmur. You probably don't want to use a character in goonwaffe to do them if you're going to do it in highsec, but it shouldn't make much difference if you're running them in low or nullsec. Burner farming is quite good ISK as PvE goes but it's a very active form of grinding - not really something you can do while semi-afk. The missions aren't hard per se once you have the minmaxed fits and so on, but quite a few of them are unforgiving in that if you mess up your heating or whatever then you'll lose your ship.

Hm I'll take a closer look then. I actually prefer high-reward full-attention activities to semi-afk, because I frankly don't have the type of computer time for semi-afk activities. I'm either fully engaged or I'm doing something else.

I have two guys who can fly all frigates with all weapons with support skills 4 or higher. Both are presently in GSF but I could probably do some shuffling. One of those two started as a FW alt so she has something like 9.0 standing with Minmatar and 7.0 with Gallente, so I can probably just dive straight into the missions, but she doesn't have the skills needed to do the battleship blitzing. The other is my main, who is closing in on that "wtf do I train now?" point, and has some decent NPC corp standings, but I guess I can just move him into an NPC corp for a while since I'm not actually doing any things with him either. I also have a really good tenguman who is presently just serving as a cyno alt, but I'm not sure if tengumen are useful for doing this poo poo.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

Yeah, not so much. I thought he was just one really committed garr khan troll but no he's just stupid as poo poo. Hell at this point even if he IS just a really method actor "pretending" to be stupid lol got u guys i was just foolin!!!, that poo poo doesnt fly anymore and he's still just as retarded

This, he's an angry highsec pubbie deserving of mockery.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

CommonShore posted:

Hm I'll take a closer look then. I actually prefer high-reward full-attention activities to semi-afk, because I frankly don't have the type of computer time for semi-afk activities. I'm either fully engaged or I'm doing something else.

I have two guys who can fly all frigates with all weapons with support skills 4 or higher. Both are presently in GSF but I could probably do some shuffling. One of those two started as a FW alt so she has something like 9.0 standing with Minmatar and 7.0 with Gallente, so I can probably just dive straight into the missions, but she doesn't have the skills needed to do the battleship blitzing. The other is my main, who is closing in on that "wtf do I train now?" point, and has some decent NPC corp standings, but I guess I can just move him into an NPC corp for a while since I'm not actually doing any things with him either. I also have a really good tenguman who is presently just serving as a cyno alt, but I'm not sure if tengumen are useful for doing this poo poo.

You probably have a good setup to just run an escalation shop and say "gently caress it".

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Rhymenoserous posted:

You probably have a good setup to just run an escalation shop and say "gently caress it".

I got fired from an escalation service for going AFK for too long and not saying anything. My tenguman can easily do escalations, but I'm just not playing with enough regularity to offer a reliable service for other players.

Of course if I could code I would have made my own escallation web application ages ago and just hired other sperglords to run them for me and take a tiny monthly cut and just get free isk, but I can't code.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Libluini posted:

Some news about the running live event to help building the new citadels: Player-organization tries to extort NPC-corporation, gets hosed

Aparently all Upwell-construction sites got basically destroyed in less than two days. Now it turns out Serpentis agents "sabotaged" the construction site and new sites with "improved shielding" are up. I'm guessing the new sites are now invulnerable.

OSS (a player organization which destroyed a site in NullSec) even tried to extort the Upwell Consortium, which is either really brazen or really stupid, considering they're NPCs. But CCP rolled with the punches and made two lore-news items about this. OSS is now excluded from the live event UC's BPC-raffle which means I really hope no member of OSS already had stuff contracted and accepted by the Inter Bus-NPC dealing with this, because it is now considered null and void.

But I'm sure the Upwell Consortium will put all the stuff contracted by OSS to good use. (And if they weren't even involved in this, no harm no foul, I guess.)

This is actually pretty cool. It's not like OSS was arbitrarily excluded: I'm kind of glad the devs are playing along with it.

Edit: I hate my new phone's autocorrect.

Ynglaur fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Jan 30, 2016

Mitsuo
Jul 4, 2007
What does this box do?

Azuth0667 posted:

This, he's an angry highsec pubbie deserving of mockery.

Dinsdale Alpaca

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Libluini posted:

Isn't all PVP theatre? You essentially only risk what you are willing to undock. And I got worked over in a lot of shady LowSec-alleys over the years, so I guess your second sentence is just plain wrong.

Lowsec stations are not capturable.

I hope this helps your understanding of eve mechanics, so as to be able to take part of the thread in a meaningful manner

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

You just want that to be true because retarded is the only adjective you know, and it makes things easier.

It's just old-style trolling with all the same obvious tells.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Khablam posted:

You just want that to be true because retarded is the only adjective you know, and it makes things easier.

It's just old-style trolling with all the same obvious tells.

You are incomprehensibly moronic.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
also you seem to only be able to read a single statement per post so I have a plan, I'm going to functionally repeat what I said in the second part of my post but use a picture instead
ok here goes

If the screaming llama guy is actually trolling, then this is what is happening

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

also you seem to only be able to read a single statement per post so I have a plan, I'm going to functionally repeat what I said in the second part of my post but use a picture instead
ok here goes

If the screaming llama guy is actually trolling, then this is what is happening

You need to add like 20 panels in the middle of goons calling him a retard over and over, and effort-posting to prove him wrong.

It's almost like that's the reason people troll .. . ?

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

(trolling isn't just alternating between calling people a moron or retard)

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
oh my god shut up you have no idea what you're talking about

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

ScreamingLlama posted:

You fuckwit, I never even said I was doing missions; that's your bullshit assumption. All I said was it doesn't concern you if pubbies are abusing missions and you need to stop whining about all the isk made in highsec. Not everyone has to be a nullbear.

I'm doing pvp instead of shambling around in a zombie alliance groaning about the gud fites it used to have.

Its completely idiotic to think its fine for highsec income to be just as rewarding as nullsec income considering the risk/reward factor. Either nullsec needs a buff, or highsec income needs a nerf. Therefore it is kind of our concern. Stop having lovely opinions, or go share them on reddit instead.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Dalael posted:

Stop having lovely opinions, or go share them on reddit instead.

ahem :ironicat:

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

ullerrm posted:

The southern half of Eve is much like the last two pages of this thread: A bunch of faggots having slapfights of no real consequence.

:boom:

You are brutal.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Its cute how you're flailing against anyone who posts.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Dalael posted:

Its cute how you're flailing against anyone who posts like a wet fart given limited typing capabilities

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

oh my god shut up you have no idea what you're talking about
Problem for you is I do, and for what it's worth "im an angry nerd on the internet" got pretty old as a one-trick pony about 10 years ago.
But whatever man, keep just posting the same 2-5 insults over and over. Maybe in another 10 years it'll come back around again as being edgy.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Thanks for correcting me, you described your posting style much better than I ever could have.

Also, here's a few . . . . . . . . . . . .

Try and use them in your next few sentences. They're free, and I can give you more if you run out.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

And they shall be among the goons, and they shall speak bullshit and whisper heresies, and you will know them by their posting.

Thou shalt not suffer a badposter to live.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm glad the slapfighting is happening in this thread and not in the chill EVE thread.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Unfunny Poster posted:

I'm glad the slapfighting is happening in this thread and not in the chill EVE thread.

Cool man

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Khablam posted:

Problem for you is I do, and for what it's worth "im an angry nerd on the internet" got pretty old as a one-trick pony about 10 years ago.
But whatever man, keep just posting the same 2-5 insults over and over. Maybe in another 10 years it'll come back around again as being edgy.

no you dont and your opinion is as worthless as the rest of your posting :)

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

vyst posted:

Cool man

Cool beans.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Same

All of these posts

Same

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Eonwe posted:

Same

All of these posts

Same

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

no you dont and your opinion is as worthless as the rest of your posting :)

You tried to demonstrate that I was wrong, but in doing so simply showed that you had completely missed the point. You then just fell back on acting like a 5 year old when that failed.
Your posting gimmick (limited to getting the last bad word down) doesn't really hold up when you can't R/O someone :(

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Khablam posted:

You tried to demonstrate that I was wrong, but in doing so simply showed that you had completely missed the point. You then just fell back on acting like a 5 year old when that failed.
Your posting gimmick (limited to getting the last bad word down) doesn't really hold up when you can't R/O someone :(

I didn't try to demonstrate anything :)

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Dalael posted:

Its completely idiotic to think its fine for highsec income to be just as rewarding as nullsec income considering the risk/reward factor. Either nullsec needs a buff, or highsec income needs a nerf. Therefore it is kind of our concern. Stop having lovely opinions, or go share them on reddit instead.

buffing the hig risk income of nullsec wouldn't drive people away from highsec from the low risk equivalent income of highsec. highsec needs nerfing.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

I didn't try to demonstrate anything :)

post stupid statement
back away
ignore callouts for it being a troll
respond with a completely unrelated thing to drag more people in
back away
repeat loop

My point that you're biting a troll is self-evidently true unless you lack the gumption to see it, which is essentially the point.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Khablam posted:

post stupid statement
back away
back away
repeat loop

My point that you're biting a troll is self-evidently true unless you lack the gumption to see it, which is essentially the point.

My point is that he's not a troll, and at this point even if he is gently caress it who gives a poo poo treat him like he's not. Have you actually looked at what he's said and his actual in game history?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Khablam posted:

post stupid statement
back away
back away
repeat loop

I'm going to go ahead and give deadtear a win on this one.

DisgracelandUSA posted:

buffing the hig risk income of nullsec wouldn't drive people away from highsec from the low risk equivalent income of highsec. highsec needs nerfing.

I personally don't mind if people decide to stay in highsec and never set foot in null. Their playstyle, not mine so I don't give a poo poo. But it pisses me off that a lot of them do so, because they know they can make just as much isk as in null, with almost no risk. If Nullsec income was buffed and people still decided to stay in highsec, I honestly wouldn't give a poo poo.

Technically I'm good with either a nerf to highsec, or a buff to null. I /prefer/ a buff to null because making crap isk in EVE sucks and I don't wish that on anyone, not even highsec pubbies. I also prefer a buff because I hate shooting red crosses (I heard they changed in the last 2 years and are no longer crosses?) and I want to make more isk while spending as little time doing it as possible.

However, I do realise there is such a thing called inflation.

But in the end, something something, 90% of all income going to the top 1/10th of 1%. Eat the rich.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Dalael posted:

I /prefer/ a buff to null because making crap isk in EVE sucks

The game already shits isk, buffing the income isn't going to make the pve any less tedious.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Dalael posted:

I'm going to go ahead and give deadtear a win on this one.

Can't give what you don't have dude.

Deadtear, few people do read him since it's just stupid white noise. I know I skip his posts.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

CainFortea posted:

Can't give what you don't have dude.

Deadtear, few people do read him since it's just stupid white noise. I know I skip his posts.

Dalael's posts on the other hand, are like the Amazon rainforest. It's miles and miles of badposting wasteland, but you keep reading because you know that eventually you will find Atlantis there.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Counterpoint, the Amazon doesn't pretend it's an ironic Amazon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Counterpoint, the Amazon doesn't pretend it's an ironic Amazon.

The amazon also doesn't have a shitload of badposts claiming that Atlantis is in the amazon.

• Locked thread