Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Leofish posted:

That's a loving 50 DKP minus!

WHAT THE gently caress WAS THAT poo poo?

Donate snacks...More snacks...More snacks... Stop snacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meristem
Oct 2, 2010
I HAVE THE ETIQUETTE OF STIFF AND THE PERSONALITY OF A GIANT CUNT.

Entropic posted:

It hurts my brain how dumb these people are, that they can't grasp things like:
They are not thinking rationally. Plus, for Fry and co., Sean (Fat Guy, the only one with a warrant at last count - not sure since) is working them.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Surely the other three are facing arrest on some sort of charges.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

http://youtu.be/OfSkBONbDwA

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Entropic posted:

Surely the other three are facing arrest on some sort of charges.

Probably, but in their case it's possibly more "you're free to leave but you'll be arrested sometime later" while Fat Guy will be arrested the moment he's off the refuge.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Zerilan posted:

Probably, but in their case it's possibly more "you're free to leave but you'll be arrested sometime later" while Fat Guy will be arrested the moment he's off the refuge.

Well, the other three's charges were more of "If you leave now we'll just fine you later and add you to every watch list ever" while Fatty was getting out and out arrested. Of course that was a few days ago.

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

Zerilan posted:

The FBI and lawyers have told them that three of them can go home right now (although their information will be taken just like everyone else who left) but Fat Patriot is going directly into custody despite his constant whining that he didn't actually do anything. He's definitely been working the persecution angle to get the others not to bail on him.

Fat Patriot's line of argument is thus: "I never stopped a Federal employee from doing his job. I mean, I know I occupied this place with a gun and claimed publicly I'd shoot any Federal employee who came near me, but since none came near me I didn't actually hinder anyone from doing anything."

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Zerilan posted:

Porklins already has an outstanding bench warrant from 2014, to say nothing of his open calls to fellow patriots to murder any law enforcement officers that get in the way (of coming to rescue his pathetic rear end.)

More than anything else I want to see these four taken alive, not only because they are human beings, but also for the schadenfreude orgasm of Porklins mugshot.

The FBI has completely won the PR war here by doing nothing more than occasionally spooking these guys and letting them livestream to their hearts content.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
They wish to negotiate because it's totally unfair that they didn't get to leave before the deadline and they want a do-over

meristem
Oct 2, 2010

Zerilan posted:

I know that it's the US justice system, but is it possible they could concentrate on the leaders and leave the small, uh, fries, with community service or so? Cleaning up the refuge would be a good start.

Have we ever figured out what they were trying to do with that backhoe?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

meristem posted:

I know that it's the US justice system, but is it possible they could concentrate on the leaders and leave the small, uh, fries, with community service or so? Cleaning up the refuge would be a good start.

I'm thinking it was more of making earthen mounds for cover if they wanted their federal firefight.

The other more comedic answer was "digging their own graves"

I highly doubt it was an emergency landfill to clean up after themselves, though.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
Do we know what the outstanding bench warrant is for?

meristem
Oct 2, 2010

stubblyhead posted:

Do we know what the outstanding bench warrant is for?

From a Slate article:

quote:

... [Anderson] has an outstanding bench warrant related to an August 2014 arrest. Anderson was charged with resisting an officer, possession of THC and possession of drug paraphernalia, all misdemeanors.
Wisconsin court records show Anderson was convicted of misdemeanor disorderly conduct in 1998, 2008 and 2009. He was convicted of criminal trespassing in 2002.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

meristem posted:

I get the feeling that's exactly what the FBI intends to do. They're really only gonna bother with anything more than fines/community service or minimal time in prison for anyone who a) was not a leader and b) doesn't have an outstanding warrant or previous probation they were violating. Basically the FBI has ample reason and power to just destroy these idiots legally if they wanted to, but they also want to defuse the situation, so they're lowering the punishment for simply acting like an idiot and only really throwing the book at you if you do something really, really dumb like make yourself a leader of this stupidity.

It's a lot harder to look like a manly man martyr when you're saying you'll fight to the death to avoid a couple thousand in fines, community service and/or 3-6 month prison terms at most.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
There was a video from the earlier days of the occupation. A couple of them were in the refuge biologists office and outright said she didn't get to do her job any more, they would let her come get her personal effects, but she wasn't allowed to do her job any more because she was oppressing people. I hope that gets played, not sure if that was in the indictment.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

meristem posted:

From a Slate article:

Okay, so he's the one that brought the weed.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

meristem posted:

From a Slate article:

Good grief, I assumed it was from the statements he'd made on that video when they were still pumped to the gills on adrenaline and hasn't figured out how hosed they were yet. They really have no clue how any of this poo poo works, do they.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
I'm already disqualified, but man getting on that jury must be like winning the comedy lottery.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I hope Fry is still able to stream when someone explains to him what Pinkerton liability is.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

atomicthumbs posted:

They wish to negotiate because it's totally unfair that they didn't get to leave before the deadline and they want a do-over

That, or negoiate the surrender of the Feds/gov, and the Feds/gov will recieve a fair trial and execution for being traitors.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

happyhippy posted:

That, or negoiate the surrender of the Feds/gov, and the Feds/gov will recieve a fair trial and execution for being traitors.

As a government comprised of the people for the people, really all of us Americans but the four left inside the refuge should be hanged.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

happyhippy posted:

"If we stay out here long enough, they're bound to see our determination and devotion to The Constitution and they'll learn the error of their ways and hand the entire government back to The People... Just a few more hours and it'll happen."

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

Geostomp posted:

For reference, the whole movement was started by an avowed racist Neo-Confederate in response to the National Guard being deployed to allow black students to begin attending Little Rock Central High. Desperately searching for some kind of justification for their own biases is part of their very core.

I wouldn't be surprised if they really did officially split after Cruz/Trump fail this November. They could very well start eating themselves out of disbelief that they could possibly fail once more.

Just as with Romney, the dead silence in that room will be life-restoring. The expressions of shock and horror and disbelief. I cannot wait.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

Prester Jane posted:

The FBI has completely won the PR war here by doing nothing more than occasionally spooking these guys and letting them livestream to their hearts content.

They've been left to bluster, spout nonsense, gibber in fear and finally plead pathetically that their cause was nothing but a bunch of hot air. Their calls for help have been met with nothing but excuses, revealing that every other true patriot was utterly full of it. All they've got left is the solidarity they've shown for one another, and that's going to crumble faster than you can say "plea deal" the moment they're in custody.

And it's all on film. All of it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I know it was a very mild winter to start and all... but why would they decide to start this in the middle of winter and not say, spring time?

Because the refuge was shuttered for the winter. That way they were able to occupy it without any immediate confrontations or direct affect on anyone. Had they occupied an open refuge and either taken a bunch of employees hostage or thrown them out at gunpoint then this poo poo would have ended a whole hell of a lot quicker. The only reason it went on so long is because it was middle of winter.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

STAC Goat posted:

Because the refuge was shuttered for the winter. That way they were able to occupy it without any immediate confrontations or direct affect on anyone. Had they occupied an open refuge and either taken a bunch of employees hostage or thrown them out at gunpoint then this poo poo would have ended a whole hell of a lot quicker. The only reason it went on so long is because it was middle of winter.

Actually, it was only shut down for the holidays. People got confused early on and said it was shuttered for the winter when the actual administration area is open year round outside of holidays. So Carpe Carp lady went home for a couple days off researching/counting animals for New Years and then found she couldn't go back to work because of these fuckers squatting in her office.

Point still stands that they only really invaded when their target was closed for maximum laziness. "No one's here to tell us we can't do this, so that means we totally can!"

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Murderion posted:

They've been left to bluster, spout nonsense, gibber in fear and finally plead pathetically that their cause was nothing but a bunch of hot air. Their calls for help have been met with nothing but excuses, revealing that every other true patriot was utterly full of it. All they've got left is the solidarity they've shown for one another, and that's going to crumble faster than you can say "plea deal" the moment they're in custody.

And it's all on film. All of it.

How dare you.
HOW DARE YOU.

Our proud white sons and daughters 100, 200, 400 years from now, will be patriotically reciting speeches and statements made by these people.
No doubt there will be reenactments like the Cival War ones, a row of men dressed up in evil Fed gear will line up against a row of men dressed up in Tarps and Cat branded camo hats.
And will walk towards each other, shooting blanks until one Tarp Man is left, who then unfurls the confederate flag over the corpses.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

kazmeyer posted:

The FBI and lawyers have told them that three of them can go home right now (although their information will be taken just like everyone else who left) but Fat Patriot is going directly into custody despite his constant whining that he didn't actually do anything. He's definitely been working the persecution angle to get the others not to bail on him.

Fat Patriot's line of argument is thus: "I never stopped a Federal employee from doing his job. I mean, I know I occupied this place with a gun and claimed publicly I'd shoot any Federal employee who came near me, but since none came near me I didn't actually hinder anyone from doing anything."

It should also be noted that Fry has said that their negotiations as of yesterday have been that they want to be free to go, and also not be arrested at a later point.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I know it was a very mild winter to start and all... but why would they decide to start this in the middle of winter and not say, spring time?

For the same reason they've done anything so far including starting this mess; Because they're loving retarded

Entropic posted:

It hurts my brain how dumb these people are, that they can't grasp things like:
-If the FBI just wanted to kill them they'd be dead days ago
-They have two options: walk out without guns and be apprehended, or point a gun at a law enforcement officer and get shot
-Ok there is a third option: wait around some more becoming increasingly unhinged from lack of sleep and proper food. But that's just delaying choosing one of the first two options
-There is no fourth option of "take a mulligan on this whole thing and go home with no one getting arrested"
-No seriously that is not an option, why do you think that is an option

They seem to think they have some kind of leverage here and it's baffling.

That's the thing. I don't think they've thought this poo poo through. If the founding fathers had failed, there's no doubt they'd have been strung up and they knew this when they kicked it off.
When the confederacy got going the leaders knew they'd get punishment for it if it failed.
I don't think these fucks get it. When you pull poo poo like this you either have to succeed at it or face the fallout after.
Like everything else thus far, they want to do what they want and not have to deal with the results like a bunch of spoiled kids

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jan 30, 2016

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Now it's been 17 summers since I've seen my mother

But every night I see her smile inside my dreams

Hermetic posted:

Donate snacks...More snacks...More snacks... Stop snacks.

RIGHT SIDE MANY FEDS HANDLE IT

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

red19fire posted:

It should also be noted that Fry has said that their negotiations as of yesterday have been that they want to be free to go, and also not be arrested at a later point.

As of today their demands are a full pardon for themselves and everyone else involved. I hope the FBI just waits until they all get drunk and fall asleep again before moving in with flashbangs and tazers.

The longer this goes on the less alert they are all going to be from exhaustion, malnutrition, and exposure- especially with the FBI toying with their paranoia every so often. Their really might come a point where they all let their guard down enough to be takeno with non-lethal means.

semaphorepc
Nov 1, 2012
The FBI kind of missed a chance to end this a few days ago by singling out one dude and giving them a reason to dig in right as the last few were bolting. But other than that they played it about as well as could be hoped for considering the number of mentally ill people with guns. With ammon/lavoy in separate cars, ritzheimer back in arizona, and cooper back at the reservation they weren't going to be more split up than that moment.

After all the mouthing off this group has done Tarpman has been the only one with the balls to show resistance when the time came for action. I'd like to think when the time came to gun down police officers he realized how colossally stupid this all is and hesitated with his hand on his gun, but of course it was probably just suicide by cop.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Prester Jane posted:

As of today their demands are a full pardon for themselves and everyone else involved. I hope the FBI just waits until they all get drunk and fall asleep again before moving in with flashbangs and tazers.

The longer this goes on the less alert they are all going to be from exhaustion, malnutrition, and exposure- especially with the FBI toying with their paranoia every so often. Their really might come a point where they all let their guard down enough to be takeno with non-lethal means.

Isn't one of the people there pregnant, or did that lady leave already? Because a pregnant person in their situation would be rolling the dice on all sorts of problems.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Alkydere posted:

Actually, it was only shut down for the holidays. People got confused early on and said it was shuttered for the winter when the actual administration area is open year round outside of holidays. So Carpe Carp lady went home for a couple days off researching/counting animals for New Years and then found she couldn't go back to work because of these fuckers squatting in her office.

Point still stands that they only really invaded when their target was closed for maximum laziness. "No one's here to tell us we can't do this, so that means we totally can!"

Ah, my bad. But yeah, it still holds the basic element that since there was no one there when they showed up they didn't have to shove a gun in anyone's face to make this happen. That would have immediately undermined their whole bullshit "peaceful protest" claim and brought about an immediate response. The whole point was to talk tough and imply violence to try and bait the authorities into making a move they could frame as the aggressor. That's why they're stumbling to make LaVay into some kind of hero where they made him flee the police, nearly run over one, and then jump out of his car with his hand in his pocket where a loaded weapon was yelling "shoot me!" And why these dumbasses are just sitting around waiting.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

semaphorepc posted:

The FBI kind of missed a chance to end this a few days ago by singling out one dude and giving them a reason to dig in right as the last few were bolting. But other than that they played it about as well as could be hoped for considering the number of mentally ill people with guns. With ammon/lavoy in separate cars, ritzheimer back in arizona, and cooper back at the reservation they weren't going to be more split up than that moment.

After all the mouthing off this group has done Tarpman has been the only one with the balls to show resistance when the time came for action. I'd like to think when the time came to gun down police officers he realized how colossally stupid this all is and hesitated with his hand on his gun, but of course it was probably just suicide by cop.

He probably expected to get shot when his hand went for his hip, and was dumbfounded when it didn't happen.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Evil Fluffy posted:

Isn't one of the people there pregnant, or did that lady leave already? Because a pregnant person in their situation would be rolling the dice on all sorts of problems.

Actually yeah, the pregnant woman is still there and using non-lethal munitions on her would be a terrible idea.

Porklins really is an astonishingly lovely human being in this situation. He would rather see his wife and unborn child die than see himself go to prison.

Having helped comfort a heroine addict that had her children taken away I've seen the incredibly devastating agony that causes a mother, so I don't say this lightly. But that woman is choosing to let herself and her unborn child die rather than see her husband go to prison. I hope she recieves good medical care, has a healthy pregnancy, a painless birth, and that they take that child away from her and give it to loving, capable parents. She has no loving business rearing children.

Prester Jane fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Jan 30, 2016

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

Just FYI, that's Ken White- the sane contributor to Popehat.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

Evil Fluffy posted:

Tubby's wife is pregnant, yes. I wonder if it has occurred to them yet that there's a really good chance that baby gets taken away from them.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Do we actually know she's pregnant? All I remember was DYB's one weird pro-life rant saying all the "born children" were gone but there was still one "unborn." I feel like we kind of just presumed she was the pregnant lady he was talking about because she was the only woman we saw, but its entirely possible there was a second woman at that time (or that he was full of poo poo). Was there ever confirmation or anything else said about Anderson's wife being pregnant? Like I don't remember it being mentioned in that "last dance" video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

CrazyLittle posted:

Just FYI, that's Ken White- the sane contributor to Popehat.

I think I got blocked from the Popehat twitter stream after their anarchocapitalist contributor went on a tirade about birth control and Obamacare, and I pointed out that prostate health was covered too. It autocorrected to prostrate and I think he yelled for ten minutes about liberal statist retards or some poo poo.

Basically Ken should pick his contributors better.

• Locked thread