Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

EightAce posted:

You'll see. Two weeks

How can I prove myself without getting either myself or other developers in the poo poo

That's a problem isn't it, on the other hand if you're just trolling I don't see any harm in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

AAA FPS.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

AP posted:

AAA FPS.

Ho do you get into the shooty bits?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

spacetoaster posted:

It finally happened! AND IT'S ALL OUR FAULT!!

I feel horrible! And all of YOU should too!!

BTW thanks to the guy who gave me the background.
Something happened to your image/letter.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

Ho do you get into the shooty bits?

Fly to the security outpost. hit b on keyboard, then find security outpost by looking around while in flight (in a spaceship), then put it in the middle of the screen and hit the middle mouse button.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

AP posted:

Fly to the security outpost. hit b on keyboard, then find security outpost by looking around while in flight (in a spaceship), then put it in the middle of the screen and hit the middle mouse button.

Ahh right cool, I'll try this, it's about time I saw some of the game

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Mirificus posted:

Is that the Chris's resignation jpeg Dolvaked in its prime?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Mirificus posted:

Oh no! Stimperor save us!

SelenicMartian posted:

Is that the Chris's resignation jpeg Dolvaked in its prime?

Pshh why? Citizen probably reported it

spacetoaster fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jan 30, 2016

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

EightAce posted:

Yes. I can answer all those questions but you will have to wait for the book. I am currently working on a JPEG of the book and whatever you'd like to know about and I mean anything , will be implemented via stretch goals.

The book may not contain the promised information but I will probably change the TOS a few times....

In fact the book probably won't ever see the light of day but I will use your donation to pay for a very very very fat nerd and a skeleton in drag, to tell you what might be in the book by way of a weekly show....

You know what, gently caress it I'm just going to make a movie about it

You should get Paul Giamatti and Christopher Walken to narrate the audiobook.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

spacetoaster posted:

Oh no! Stimperor save us!

Should have used stargur.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

AP posted:

AAA FPS.

Lol so janky, someone already said it but the only thing about this game that works well is the payment system

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

G0RF posted:

If Sandi really was in the middle of a resignation speech...
...and it was interrupted by a surprise gift of flowers...
...paid for out of F42 Customer Support petty cash...
...motivated by their own good will and compassion...
...which thwarted the planned resignation speech...
...and gave Sandi the will to keep up the good fight...
...and in turn set the conditions for her to return to the UK...
...right as the Beer email catastrophe was exploding...
...and then go absolutely psycho on the very same group who inadvertently thwarted her resignation with flowers then I would truly go :vince:.

This is more probable than I could ever dream of it being. Please, let me dreams come true

in two weeks

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Should have used stargur.

I'm bad at the internet.

Here it is again. If citizens can't take a joke and mass report it again...meh, don't care.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
songs that I think the lyrically inclined might be able to work with

Darryl Hall & John Oates - "You Make My Dreams Come True"
John Parr - "St Elmo's Fire (Man in Motion)"

I'm just the ideas guy ok

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

spacetoaster posted:

I'm bad at the internet.

Here it is again. If citizens can't take a joke and mass report it again...meh, don't care.

put it on postimage they can't dolvak it there.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

EightAce posted:

You'll see. Two weeks

How can I prove myself without getting either myself or other developers in the poo poo

Easy, just do a SAMart verification. Just take an inconspicuous picture of the office with a PAAAAAAAAAAARP in the picture somewhere.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

G0RF posted:

Youtube: The Gillian Andersen Interview (Director's Cut Edition)

So, we get another version of a video already released by CIG. Only now they cut in the b-camera footage so we can see the tattoed Sandi actually interviewing her. And yet she doesn't really seem to be the real interviewer. It seems like they cut in Sandi to replace whoever interviewed Anderson. Or they reshot Sandi's side after due to a technical problem the first time around or, as in Broadcast News, they only had one camera but the interviewer really really really wanted to be in the final edit...

I would say this makes absolutely no sense to me. And yet it makes perfect sense.

(Sorry if this was posted earlier in thread and I missed it.)

Ya there is no way that Sandi was asking those questions Gillian was answering. The shots are too broken up, its too disjointed.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/43f0d5/star_marine_what_went_on_there_then/czhqu87

:allears:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

RSI forums: Holding CIG accountable is nonsense

TGS posted:

@HorizonsEdge I really hope you are intelligent enough to realize that not every single word of my post was addressed to specifically you, but given your reaction my guess is you missed that. Easy mistake to make given that the quoting system on this forum is pretty crap as it puts a massive amount of text in the form and the form has a very strict limit of characters, which the quotes seem to count against.

Okay so let me explain myself in better detail, I'm all for people giving feedback. There is a point though at which feedback is no longer feedback and more of a meta-process of trying to bring them to account (e.g accountability) for some past grievance. This is where I stepped in, as I said it wasn't directed at you alone as this entire thread is full of this sort of non-sense and trying to reply to and quote each and every single one is simply not worth the effort on this particular forum software, again not your fault.

Now part of the problem as I see it, is you seem to be trying to push what you feel is a "professional opinion" onto them, which is completely not okay in my view. You do not have the right to push your professional opinion onto them, your "professional" opinion carries no weight. Why? Because you haven't been hired. You are just like me, you are just like everyone else. The problem here is that CIG has to sift through a massive amount of non-sense to get coherent feedback. That's why I am against needless negativity. I'm all for being critical being critical is good when it serves a useful purpose. Trying to "hold them accountable" is not useful. Again this might come back to your perception of professional experience in that you think you are qualified to teach them how to run their business, but the reality is this sort of business is very uncommon and quite frankly you don't know any more than I do about it. My gut tells me that this won't operate the same way as the businesses you are used to. Talking about successful formula suggests that this is a common occurrence and there is a successful formula. There isn't. Why? Because this is the first crowd funded anything of this magnitude. They are literally writing the rule book here.

What I ultimately see (not just from you, but from you as well) is a bunch of people trying to force CIG to improve based on their so called weaknesses. Of course they should improve, there can be constant improvement. But there comes a point at which the energy they are expending trying to improve will outweigh the benefit of the improvement, they need to focus on the work, not the improvement to the process of doing the work.

As far as me being angry goes? Hardly. People like to pull that card when they want to discredit someones point of view, I don't know that you're doing that exactly but that's how it comes across.

Making trouble, that is one that I would put down to anything that makes life unnecessarily difficult for CIG. Be it trolling, criticism that they are already keenly aware of or this whole trying to "hold them accountable" nonsense. While I'm not angry, I am passionate. Which leads me to the part about arrogance. It is arrogant to think that you or anyone else has the right to hold them accountable. I know some people who have over 10k invested in this project and even they don't have the right (luckily they don't pretend to either) to "hold CIG accountable". CIG is capable of holding themselves accountable, they don't need the community doing it for them. They are all very responsible people, I find peoples lack of faith disturbing, cheesy I know, but true. Instead of jumping on CIG when they do something we perceive as wrong, maybe people can ask them why they went that way. Way too often the snap reaction is to attack them for doing it wrong and go into "doom sayer" mode when really what should be happening is finding out why rather than criticizing for doing it that way.

The No G force on crew thing is a prime example of that. Instead of people just asking why, and trying to find out if there was a specific reason they went on this offensive as if something near and dear to them had been cut and wasn't ever going to be implemented.

Same with Star Marine. Instead of finding out why it was taking this long people just keep hammering away saying "Oh the current FPS isn't good enough and they're never gonna release it". There are some really reasonable people in this community, but there are also a lot of unreasonable people and that is ultimately the problem. The unreasonable people and the reasonable people tend to get mashed together and the reasonable ones get drowned out.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

I don't know how the song editors do it, I tried to edit "The Band Played Waltzing Matilda" but I'm just not creative enough.

Also it's "Meine Träume" Not "Mein Traums".

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Wafflz posted:

put it on postimage they can't dolvak it there.

I think this particular joke has run its course. The sheer volume of idiots who thought it was real gave me many, many laughs yesterday. And then their furious reactions when they found out it was a troll doubled the laughs.

Add to that the idiots saying I should go to prison for fraud....lol.

I'm going to parody some Ben posts next. Probably. Unless I get to into Pillars of Eternity.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

AP posted:

AAA FPS.

Well, when he opened the doors, he became the doors, so the game had to wait until he closed and became a person again to play the death animation.

EightAce posted:

You'll see. Two weeks

Don't. It doesn't matter and can only cause harm in the short term. I believe it, and soon you'll be able to talk freely. But I'd love a detailed story when its safe to do so.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Can I say 'fan base' yet? I think I can!

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

I like how our silly trolls actually happen on the reg. Do you even understand game development maj tom!?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Berious posted:

I like how our silly trolls actually happen on the reg. Do you even understand game development maj tom!?

I confess I don't know anything about game development.
Is this why the game is terrible? I really do not understand these things.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Honestly I feel about EightAce the same way I feel about Derek Smart's legal team. I'm pretty sure their full of poo poo, but I'm not about to call them out because 1) they couldn't prove it either way 2) I don't actually want them too 3) the people who matter won't believe them.

That being said, we don't need Derek Smart or EightAce to see just from the way bugs propagate and are dealt with to realize this project is phenomenally hosed. They are fixing stuff by "I moved some code around" which means they are dealing with a giant plate of spaghetti code which they can't add features to until they stabilize what they already have. They are a loooong way off from minimal acceptable product.

The other thing is if they were Blizzard, they could look at what they had and say "gently caress it" because it would have been made with Blizzard's money. Since it's made with public money though...

pepito sanchez
Apr 3, 2004
I'm not mexican

Jonny Nox posted:

The other thing is if they were Blizzard, they could look at what they had and say "gently caress it" because it would have been made with Blizzard's money. Since it's made with public money though...

this happened with blizzard's attempt at an fps. it was very likely the right call.

this is different. it's a company having been given over 100 million dollars, and having absolute poo poo to show for it after years of development and release promises. it's shameful how it's all being managed.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

peter gabriel posted:

Can I say 'fan base' yet? I think I can!

That poor commando is quite agitated, I think you should do a shout out in your next video

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector
What "best marketer" or whatever superlative did Sandi use in her meltdown with Beer? I'm editing a song for EightAce and I can't find the bit I need.

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!
Star Citizen Whales assemble!

Paul Dalessi is selling his TNGS price - promoting it officially via Dev Ticker - "too big, too powerful, not enough space" in a fitting analogy to Star Citizen's scope of "too expansive, too ambitions, not enough time" http://partedveil.com/index.php?p=1&quote=316130

Here is his Ebay - only costing you 3500 Pound Sterling - or approx. 1.5 Javelins in whale currency - a steal, which whale will succeed in owning this rare Star Citizen collector's piece? I bet Dick Wulfe, will make the winning bid.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/StarCitizen-Official-Unique-AMD-based-system-TNGS-1st-prize-/161963648949

sorla78 fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jan 30, 2016

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

goddamn this is some seriously effective trolling. Please never stop.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

EightAce posted:

So what, Sandi can speak fluent German. Pretty sure she has a couple of degrees in German literature and German language

Not to mention mastery of German martial arts, sales to Germanic cultures, and her hobby of teaching dolphins to speak German.

I know the kids are cute, but with Crobber's visionary dream powers, and Sandi's relative omnipotence, are we allowing them to create the next stage in human evolution that will one day wipe out all non-backers?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/315922/ridiculous-dream-i-had-about-chris-last-night

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Daztek posted:

Just You need a Platinum account to view this message. and that should do it.

This isn't aimed at Daztek specifically, I'm seeing it a lot, can we please keep plat-spoilers down to a minimum?

A hidden forum doesn't stay hidden very long if people keep mentioning it and if these idiots will drop thousands of dollars on a jpeg sooner or later one of them will drop a few dollars for plat and then bam, they post all the op info and dodgy poo poo onto the derek smart reddit or whatever. And then we need to do another loving molehunt.

I know it's convenient but seriously please don't advertise the plat thread. We're all checking both anyway.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.
Does someone have a link or the saved picture of disco lando in front of a Porsche that was around but then covered up by CIG?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

sorla78 posted:

Star Citizen Whales assemble!

Paul Dalessi is selling his TNGS price - promoting it officially via Dev Ticker - "too big, too powerful, not enough space" in a fitting analogy to Star Citizen's scope of "too expansive, too ambitions, not enough time" http://partedveil.com/index.php?p=1&quote=316130

Here is his Ebay - only costing you 3500 Pound Sterling - or approx. 1.5 Javelins in whale currency - a steal, which whale will succeed in owning this rare Star Citizen collector's piece? I bet Dick Wulfe, will make the winning bid.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/StarCitizen-Official-Unique-AMD-based-system-TNGS-1st-prize-/161963648949

An AMD FX 9370 Eight-core, 16GB, R9 290x and no harddrive for £3500?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

fuctifino posted:

An AMD FX 9370 Eight-core, 16GB, R9 290x and no harddrive for £3500?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

lol, AMD

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

AP posted:

AAA FPS.

As someone who has played -way- too many FPS games, the loving netcode and hit detection is going to be so loving bad in this fps, if it ever comes out, that actually playing it will probably feel like a game of high card

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Goobs posted:

Does someone have a link or the saved picture of disco lando in front of a Porsche that was around but then covered up by CIG?

https://twitter.com/discolando/status/677222716408131584

e: It also gives a beautiful visual explanation as to why the livestream was so poo poo. lol

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Jan 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

BeefThief posted:

*wakes up, cracks knuckles, brews coffee*

*Enters the 'Verse*

*Crashes ship, crashes game*

drat, man, you must have a mad system and some mad skills to get it to run that well...

• Locked thread