Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Demiurge4 posted:

"Lol I can't believe that idiot let the bug eat his brain. If that was me I would have shot it with my crossbow, then cut it in twain with my katana" :smug:

I was thinking more along the lines of them being autistic and picking up on neither the fascist undertones of the book, nor the fact that the movie is obvious satire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIGHCoVzqtk :patriot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

starship troopers and total recall are the absolute best smart-action-movies-dressed-up-as-dumb-violence, both are things i have to stop and watch if i catch it playing on telly

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Taping it now, the only things I can remember from memory are the firing range, tits in the shower, and the guy getting his brains sucked out.

Barney Stinson is an SS officer it's good

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Here's a fun question I want CIG to answer:

"If Squadron 42 does not sell well will there still be enough money to finish Star Citizen?"

A. Yes. Whales Citizens! We are pleased to announce the new ship "N+1", this badboy can go underwater to a depth of 15km and explore the ocean floor! Buy Pledge now!

*Note. Ship and water planets may or may not be added at a later date.

also...

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Wrecked Angle posted:

A. Yes. Whales Citizens! We are pleased to announce the new ship "N+1", this badboy can go underwater to a depth of 15km and explore the ocean floor! Buy Pledge now!

*Note. Ship and water planets may or may not be added at a later date.

also...

That picture is really good :golfclap: Gonna do a chairman mao style one now.

Junk Puncher
Dec 31, 2009

Taping it now, the only things I can remember from memory are the firing range, tits in the shower, and the guy getting his brains sucked out.

MEDIC!

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

D_Smart posted:

They pulled the audio back when I mentioned this in my Interstellar Justice blog. We have a local copy saved. And now you've found another on Stitcher.

Someone needs to ask @sunnysdiner why they pulled it.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Aug 2, 2016

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Will Star Citizen use Neural Network AI, and are they paying royalities to Derek Smart for it?

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Baller Time posted:

Will Star Citizen use Neural Network AI, and are they paying royalities to Derek Smart for it?

What is this in reference to? Neural networks are a really normal thing that you can download thousands of different open-source codes for.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
I will gift free forum accounts to folks who were banned from RSI. I mean, obviously I'm going to take it on a case by case basis, but I am putting the offer out there. Email me at webmaster@somethingawful.com with your story.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Lowtax posted:

I will gift free forum accounts to folks who were banned from RSI. I mean, obviously I'm going to take it on a case by case basis, but I am putting the offer out there. Email me at webmaster@somethingawful.com with your story.

Allright guys. Get the message out.

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

That picture is really good :golfclap: Gonna do a chairman mao style one now.

Thanks. It turns out the key to image editing, is knowing when to stop...:butt:

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

grimcreaper posted:

In all seriousness, you cant. Ive marked them as spam in gmail every time i get one and they STILL get through the filter. I wonder how much CiG is paying google to do this.

I was marking them as spam and for at least 6 months now they go straight into spam for me.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Lowtax posted:

Dear Penthouse,

I fell in love with the most awesome thing ever. You can't imagine how this has happened....

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Lowtax posted:

Does that come with lifetime account insurance?

Edit: And how many account unmelt tokens do we get a month?

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

Lowtax posted:

But you'll make them pay extra for the secret forum, right? Seems only fair.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

D_Smart posted:

They pulled the audio back when I mentioned this in my Interstellar Justice blog. We have a local copy saved. And now you've found another on Stitcher.

Someone needs to ask @sunnysdiner why they pulled it.

Shes so full of herself

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Lowtax posted:

Can the afflicted get a "CIG Refugee" gang tag?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

alf_pogs posted:

starship troopers and total recall are the absolute best smart-action-movies-dressed-up-as-dumb-violence, both are things i have to stop and watch if i catch it playing on telly
Robocop isn't on your list.

I'm going to give you the benefit of doubt and assume in the excitement you just forgot. :colbert:

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

This needs to be a thing.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Chiwie posted:

This needs to be a thing.

A yellow star?

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

tooterfish posted:

Robocop isn't on your list.

I'm going to give you the benefit of doubt and assume in the excitement you just forgot. :colbert:

oh man

Id buy that for a dollar

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Lowtax posted:

poor guy

Maybe he means how funny this poo poo is

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

We really should buy that guy with the sad seal avatar an account. He seems like he could use a laugh.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

ahaahaha

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Lowtax posted:

Lowtax you are a good man and i take back all the cruel and terrible things I've said about you and if I could i'd take back some of the things i've mailed to your house/crammed in your letterbox

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

or probably better

e: source image stolen from here

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jan 31, 2016

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

What, the Derek's Smarties one isn't good enough?

Junk Puncher
Dec 31, 2009

Variable 5 posted:

But you'll make them pay extra for the secret forum, right? Seems only fair.

Well of course. They'd have to pay for plat to see the links, and then You need a Platinum account to see this message. to get access. Everyone knows that.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

fuctifino posted:

or probably better

e: source image stolen from here

I'd say this guy

But replace Tomcat with "D_Smart"

Incombibulator
Dec 9, 2014

I'm ready for my close-up
Ms. Gardiner...

Grimey Drawer
sniping page 2000! :confuoot:

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Wrecked Angle posted:

Thanks. It turns out the key to image editing, is knowing when to stop...:butt:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

drat Dirty Ape posted:

We really should buy that guy with the sad seal avatar an account. He seems like he could use a laugh.

No. He wouldn't make it here.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Underwhelmed posted:

Suddenly I wonder what Gamergate's position on Star Citizen is. Nothing has ever managed that before.

Surprisingly they're more interested in hating Amy Schumer or the Guardian or Twitter or this week's "SJW" than actual game journalism.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Lowtax posted:

Is that going to include the ad-hoc bans like the 10-year probations?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

So I sent two banned whales Lotax's offer. I tried sending a message to a third one, but CIG says two messages is too many, and I need to wait a while to send another.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

G0RF posted:

I have been looking for that one. Thank you.

Gotta catch 'em all!
Reasons to listen:

Sandi played Doom from 6pm to 5am 5 days a week and had a gift for physics and math. She wonders what she could've been if she applied herself.

Offered scholarships for Ph.D study all over the world.

She is a Gemini which apparently has some significance to her because despite her aforementioned scientific gifts, she believes personality is determined by month of birth.

"I used to dress pretty loud."

"I was accepted as one of the youngest MBAs ever."

Stumbled trying to talk about her Master's Thesis on "International Marketing" for some weird reason.

"In Australia, women are super competitive. But that just wasn't my thing."

"Chris coding. The guy is brilliant. It's pretty impressive."

She mentions her second thesis on "Marine Biology" fleetingly.

Sandi tells a story about Chris encouraging Sandi to not fly coach but to upgrade to better accommodations but she would not waste backer money.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Jul 12, 2016

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Lowtax posted:

And make it so that they can only see / reply to this thread.

if they want to play in the other areas then they need to pony up :10bux:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

G0RF posted:

Reasons to listen:

Sandi played Doom from 6pm to 5am 5 days a week and had a gift for physics and math. She wonders what she could've been if she applied herself.

Offered scholarships for Ph.D study all over the world.

She is a Gemini which apparently has some significance to her because despite her aforementioned scientific gifts, she believes personality is determined by month of birth.

"I used to dress pretty loud."

"I was accepted as one of the youngest MBAs ever."

Stumbled trying to talk about her Master's Thesis on "International Marketing" for some weird reason.

"In Australia, women are super competitive. But that just wasn't my thing."

This may have the highest lie-per-phrase count of any interview Sandi has ever conducted. And that really is saying something.

"Chris coding. The guy is brilliant. It's pretty impressive."

She mentions her second thesis on "Marine Biology" fleetingly.

Sandi tells a story about Chris encouraging Sandi to not fly coach but to upgrade to better accommodations but she would not waste backer money.

I have to say, as cynical as I am about Sandi, sometimes the horror can still wash over me when I realize that's she's a real person. I can't believe someone can lie this often and this clumsily. She tells lies even over matters so trivial that she has literally nothing to gain by doing so. It is not calculated or tactical lying-- it truly is pathological. And though it makes for a comic character in a tv show (maybe), it's really just disquieting to listen to it.

And I'm just 30:00 in...
Please tell me you're making all of this up.

• Locked thread