Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

A Curvy Goonette posted:

I don't use ERLLs, they're too hot and too easily countered, but I know a lot of people do now, including a ton of people in this thread. Troll elsewhere.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

A Curvy Goonette posted:

I don't use ERLLs, they're too hot and too easily countered, but I know a lot of people do now, including a ton of people in this thread. Troll elsewhere.

Why are you getting so angry over something that hasn't even happened yet? Is it a foregone conclusion that you will be banned?

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

A Curvy Goonette posted:

I have seen exactly one person in this thread use an ERLL in the past month and a half, you're just flat out wrong.

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Oh Snapple! posted:

But for real lmao at the idea of being so good at the game you get lumped into a cheater banwave

Hello Mr. and/or Mrs. Statistical Anomaly,

We are banning you for the betterment of human society. Please go outside and use your superhuman reflexes and precision to fight crime or become a surgeon.

Sincerely,

:pgi:

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:

Bait and Swatch posted:

Why are you getting so angry over something that hasn't even happened yet? Is it a foregone conclusion that you will be banned?

????

I am calmer than a still lake, meanwhile you caused the death of Sergei Preminin in 1986 after he prevented a runaway reaction caused by an explosion in missile tube 6.

A Curvy Goonette fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jan 30, 2016

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
I use my superhuman reflexes for killing my teammates.

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.

Drone_Fragger posted:

I'm worried I'll get banned because I advocate the use of SRM4s with Artemis over SRM6s with Artemis on the atlas S and D-DC despite the fact 4s are better than 6s on this case.

They generally don't ban for outright stupidity but in your case I hope they make an exception.

Vvvv: You're gonna need two TAGs to assist with the up close punch.

Sharks Dont Sleep fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Jan 30, 2016

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
SRM 2s without artemis and 2 lbx 10s are the best things to mount on an atlas according to my calculations.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Drythe posted:

I left to get a beer while ready, I came back last night as everyone dropped in lights. I still had Ghost Dad selected. It was like I was running some welfare scam or something

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

A.o.D. posted:

If I get banned, it will be for using cl ER LL to draw dickbutt in the snow.

If that happens you have probably won mwo at that point.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
Writing/drawing with lasers is never a bad use of your deathbot. :v:

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

So with the IS range quirk nerfs going in, are the Battlemaster's still worth getting. Or should I get some Stalkers instead?

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Lemon Curdistan posted:

They're only capping the range quirks. If they add something else to compensate, this is a net good change because gently caress laser snipers.

It does not hurt laser snipers in pub games hardly at all, it just makes it impossible for IS to engage at midrange and fucks them over in clam wars. All the clan laser snipers are totally unaffected.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

I like battlemasters personally. No engine limits and good hit boxes with high mounted hard points. And they have decent quirks even ignoring the range the 1S gets. Stalkers are good but they're so very slow and I'm an impatient baby.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Great Beer posted:

I like battlemasters personally. No engine limits and good hit boxes with high mounted hard points. And they have decent quirks even ignoring the range the 1S gets. Stalkers are good but they're so very slow and I'm an impatient baby.

Battlemasters are better than stalkers imo, especially the one with all the structure quirks.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

Commoners posted:

I use my superhuman reflexes for killing my teammates.

You're a shining beacon in a sea of sewage :swoon:

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

A Curvy Goonette posted:

That's fair and does ease my concerns, but I hope you understand some people's trepidation about the process.

Of course. It's a sensitive subject and there will always be some controversy surrounding it

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Number19 posted:

As Russ said last night, the cheat tool website itself states that we successfully detected them, back when people got banned for it last year. I don't know now much more you need than that. We're not going to publish more details on how they were detected because that gives away more information to your opponent which is a bad idea in a cat and mouse game.

:allears:

So either you can detect cheaters but didn't all this time because it hurts your bottom line, or Russ's tweets hold the same truth value as ever

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

WebDO posted:

:allears:

So either you can detect cheaters but didn't all this time because it hurts your bottom line, or Russ's tweets hold the same truth value as ever

You're a loving idiot

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Bolow posted:

You're a loving idiot

:eng99: my precious feelings

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
I'm sure there will be an appeal process for any false positives.

Ren and Stimpire
Oct 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

The Saddest Robot posted:

I'm sure there will be an appeal process for any false positives.

First they came for the Helios players and I didn't say anything...

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Marshall Louis posted:

First they came for the Helios players and I didn't say anything...

I said something.

"HAW HAW!"

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

WebDO posted:

:eng99: my precious feelings

He's right though, sorry.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Great Beer posted:

Been loving the battlemasters I've grabbed, they're alittle easy to core but they're faster than stalkers and usually are loaded with hardpoints. Find I can usually sneak in an XL engine without much hassle.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Drakes posted:

Been loving the battlemasters I've grabbed, they're a little easy to core but they're faster than stalkers and usually are loaded with hardpoints. Find I can usually sneak in an XL engine without much hassle.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Excellent av/post combo

Reztes
Jun 20, 2003

Dakka Jager's so fun, I think I've survived a lot of fights I shouldn't have otherwise due to my constant shell impacts disorienting the gently caress out of people

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

I posted a Mawesome on the MWO forums as a candidate Champion 'Mech.

If you think that it should win, please click the like button. After Pharoshi's Dragon build got changed, it'd do us good to have a decent robot in the Champion section.

E: Don't let the LRM boats win.

Anticheese fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jan 31, 2016

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Coolwhoami posted:

He's right though, sorry.

I'm sorry it upsets you that I've implied Russ is an idiot, and that it's laughable that they claim they've been able to detect cheaters for over a year but haven't done anything about them because reasons

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos
i bet webdo feels like a badass 24/7

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

teepo posted:

i bet webdo feels like a badass 24/7

Sadly I can't, I have to sleep sometime

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

WebDO posted:

I'm sorry it upsets you that I've implied Russ is an idiot, and that it's laughable that they claim they've been able to detect cheaters for over a year but haven't done anything about them because reasons

I see where you're coming from. Mebbe the team helios guys all have gold robots and that's why :pgi: has been reluctant to swing a banhammer.

While, honestly, banning cheaters that also have gold robots is the pinnacle of "cool things to do". :pgi: gets ::10bux: x 50, we see less gold whales that need to be legged because they're blue. Everyone wins.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

armchairyoda posted:

I see where you're coming from. Mebbe the team helios guys all have gold robots and that's why :pgi: has been reluctant to swing a banhammer.

While, honestly, banning cheaters that also have gold robots is the pinnacle of "cool things to do". :pgi: gets ::10bux: x 50, we see less gold whales that need to be legged because they're blue. Everyone wins.

Careful friend, this kind of logical and analytical thinking is sedition in this thread apparently. God forbid you think to ask why :pgi: hasn't done anything to patch the vulnerability if they've known about it all this time :ohdear:

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007

WebDO posted:

Careful friend, this kind of logical and analytical thinking is sedition in this thread apparently. God forbid you think to ask why :pgi: hasn't done anything to patch the vulnerability if they've known about it all this time :ohdear:

Valve does the same thing. Once they figure out the vulnerability and exploits in play they observe them for a while to catch as many in their detection net as they can.

Or so they would have us believe.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

WebDO posted:

lmao, you can always the thread idiot when they make posts like yours

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos

WebDO posted:

what pgi is doing is fairly standard practice?

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
"Hey, Ive got an idea, lets force Helios to find a brand new way to hack our software" said no developer ever.

Actually, I've got a better idea.

WHAT THE gently caress DO I PUT IN THIS BAD DECISION OTHER THAN AC40

I cant say I'm in love with the AC40. Gets focused down too easily.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
How dare PGI do things that literally every other functional anti-cheat provider does? What's wrong with them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

WebDO posted:

Careful friend, this kind of logical and analytical thinking...

I see the point, but that's a point that requires alot of tinfoil headwear. For all we (you and I) know, it could just be :pgi: making a honeypot "nobody else is getting banned so I should run it too" trap to get more undesirable community members (you and I... Hopefully Heffay) to load it up and get busted in the e-dragnet. Yes, I'm just spitballing various movie plots now.

And please don't accuse me of the above quote. You'll ruin my rep.

• Locked thread