Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

The Saddest Robot posted:

Valve does the same thing. Once they figure out the vulnerability and exploits in play they observe them for a while to catch as many in their detection net as they can.

Or so they would have us believe.

Blizzard does the same poo poo, they basically gather information for 6 months or so then ban a couple hundred thousand people at a time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

WebDO posted:

Careful friend, this kind of logical and analytical thinking is sedition in this thread apparently. God forbid you think to ask why :pgi: hasn't done anything to patch the vulnerability if they've known about it all this time :ohdear:

Everyone's opinion, logical and analytical or otherwise, is welcome in this thread. It's when someone comes off as a try-hard, egotistical pubbie or just an idiot pubbie (this is what happened here) when goons start torches and pitch forks.

HTH

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Bolow posted:

Blizzard does the same poo poo, they basically gather information for 6 months or so then ban a couple hundred thousand people at a time

It's probably not so much to catch more people as it is to reduce their false positive rate to an acceptable level.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Elliotw2 posted:

How dare PGI do things that literally every other functional anti-cheat provider does? What's wrong with them?

No you see, PGI is in bed with the companies making the hacks for a percentage of those sweet, sweet Helios dollars. In, fact it's one big conspiracy that has resulted from slimy capitalism, leading all developers big and small to have secret meetings about supporting hacking while furthering the illusion that they care. Meanwhile, they are talking to the bilderburgers about how to use hacks to melt steal beams while blaming it on jet fuel. It's only a matter of time before Obama and FEMA get their hands on the hacking code and pass it to DARPA, who will build a real life hack and aim to reinstate Obama as president for life. Then, the valiant resistance will turn to robots to counter the super soldiers, who will use their newfound sentience to turn on all humans, resulting in the matrix. PICK A PILL SOMETHING AWFUL FORUMS USER ELLIOTW2! PICK A loving PILL!!

Bait and Swatch fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Jan 31, 2016

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Unhappy Meal posted:

It's probably not so much to catch more people as it is to reduce their false positive rate to an acceptable level.

If you ban continuously hack authors update their hacks more often and you effectively have an arms race a developer can't feasibly win. Large group bans are just in general more effective.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

DiHK posted:

WHAT THE gently caress DO I PUT IN THIS BAD DECISION OTHER THAN AC40

I cant say I'm in love with the AC40. Gets focused down too easily.

Try this!

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
Picked up the Marauder pack yesterday and have been trying out different builds. So far I'm really enjoying the -5D with 2 ASRM6s 1 LPL 4MPL, and the -5M with 2 UAC5 2LL. Not really sure what to do with the -3R, right now it's AC20 4ML 2MG and it's been going alright. I tried out the 3 AC5 build but sniping is super boring. Any good MAD brawler builds that I'm ignoring?

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Bait and Swatch posted:

No you see, PGI is in bed with the companies making the hacks for a percentage of those sweet, sweet Helios dollars. In, fact it's one big conspiracy that has resulted from slimy capitalism, leading all developers big and small to have secret meetings about supporting hacking while furthering the illusion that they care. Meanwhile, they are talking to the bilderburgers about how to use hacks to melt steal beams while blaming it on jet fuel. It's only a matter of time before Obama and FEMA get their hands on the hacking code and pass it to DARPA, who will build a real life hack and aim to reinstate Obama as president for life. Then, the valiant resistance will turn to robots to counter the super soldiers, who will use their newfound sentience to turn on all humans, resulting in the matrix. PICK A PILL SOMETHING AWFUL FORUMS USER ELLIOTW2! PICK A loving PILL!!

stay woke y'all.

I wish high explosives were a thing.

Beraiye
Oct 27, 2014

That Gobbo posted:

Picked up the Marauder pack yesterday and have been trying out different builds. So far I'm really enjoying the -5D with 2 ASRM6s 1 LPL 4MPL, and the -5M with 2 UAC5 2LL. Not really sure what to do with the -3R, right now it's AC20 4ML 2MG and it's been going alright. I tried out the 3 AC5 build but sniping is super boring. Any good MAD brawler builds that I'm ignoring?

I like the 5m with 3xLPL in the left arm and 2xML in the right. It's pretty fun. Not a brawler by definition, but it's suited me well in almost every situation I've been in with it.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Bait and Swatch posted:

No you see, PGI is in bed with the companies making the hacks for a percentage of those sweet, sweet Helios dollars.
I would like to see a fanfic based around shady back room deals between Russ and the Helios devs.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Bentai posted:

I would like to see a fanfic based around shady back room deals between Russ and the Helios devs.

Should I change my name to Space Robot Champion Helios Kerensky?

yes or no

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

starkebn posted:

yes or no

How have you not already?

E: drink makes sentence hard

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

starkebn posted:

yes or no

yes

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Yes.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

DiHK posted:

stay woke y'all.

I wish high explosives were a thing.
http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=81&l=b34081d0302c4d32517b767230c24c57837b5437

Be a jester in a jagermech shell.

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos

laservomit firebrand is underrated

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

:perfect:

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

Phorashi beat you to this already

also WebDo is like reverse Heffay

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.

That Gobbo posted:

I tried out the 3 AC5 build but sniping is super boring. Any good MAD brawler builds that I'm ignoring?

Did you... Try brawling with the AC5s? No one uses them to snipe.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

You sir, are a true goon hero

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

When Steve Jobs died it wasn't the first job I'd lost that week.

Beraiye posted:

We need to go do some CW with people who know what they're doing. I'll be around all day, maybe we can go TS hopping.

Join us on ts3.pugsunited.org

starkebn
May 18, 2004

It's just sad they've taken away the ability to chat to the enemy team

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

starkebn posted:

It's just sad they've taken away the ability to chat to the enemy team

Just enable general chat in the options

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

Bolow posted:

e: for content this dumb purple ape triggers me I need ideas and some text

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Wow, you guys got really upset that I called the poo poo devs of this game poo poo. You sure showed me that :pgi: has the player's interest from the start. Oh, wait

Blackdog420
Sep 10, 2009

born to roam

WebDO posted:

Wow, you guys got really upset that I called the poo poo devs of this game poo poo. You sure showed me that :pgi: has the player's interest from the start. Oh, wait

cool!

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

So I've been loving around with the other Warhammers and have pretty decent builds for the 6D and 6R. I honestly have no idea what to do with the 7S though. I'm thinking something along the lines of this

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=384&l=a5b46beb4c44cce8c785425b93c890dc04c885e4

or possibly this

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=384&l=329201c0ad197a6fb3f8bc6eca8c838aa584ece8

WebDO posted:

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
The thread's gone native D med. Abandon all hope.

E:I bought marauders :(

Zernach
Oct 23, 2012
Switch the cannon to a giant weedwhaker whisker, go to town on assault legs.

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
This is a weird thread for some blowhard asswipe to come in every eight pages and pedantically argue some retarded "YOU GUYS DON'T GET IT" poo poo into the ground.

Okay, I am closing in on a new mech purchase. I want a heavy with dakka. Jaeger, right? UAC/5s? Not a T-wolf?

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Bolow posted:

you're doin' good work robot pilot

someone was saying on mumble they took it away

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Random Number posted:

It's like these guys are looking for an echo chamber and forgot Reddit exists

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

WebDO posted:

It's like these guys are looking for an echo chamber and forgot Reddit exists

are you reverse Heffay? Asking for a friend.

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.
So the Kodiak is confirmed? A lovely clan Atlas with higher AC/missile hardpoints at cockpit level, but less than an atlas? That could be cool if not for the tonnage dumps into JJ.

There was some twitter conversation about the piranha, that might actually be fun as poo poo.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

TeeMerk posted:

are you reverse Heffay? Asking for a friend.

Hmm. Reverse Heffay? Well, I guess so.

I'm not blindly adherent to PGI's claims, I have enough self respect to not give the company money, I don't accept things Russ tweets as if they were facts, I'm a goon, I play other games that are actually good, and I don't have to try really hard to get stupid people really upset at my posts on the internet, and I'm not objectively wrong when I post.

I think the only way in which I'm not the inverse Heffay is that I'm actually sad goons get this mad about a bad video game :allears:

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Thinking of changing mine to Chris Benoit Kerensky.

Edit: Annnnnd done.

Raged fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Jan 31, 2016

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

Random Number posted:

Bwahahaha, the sarcasm, leading to irony leading to self-hate of this post is perfect.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

WebDO posted:

The devs of this game were poo poo three years ago, and remain poo poo. You are a dumbass who is fervently wishing for a fever dream conspiracy. Hope that put everything in context for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Bait and Swatch posted:

The devs of this game were poo poo three years ago, and remain poo poo. You are a dumbass who is fervently wishing for a fever dream conspiracy. Hope that put everything in context for you.

It amuses me that you can be a good poster in the star citizen thread but lack any insight whatsoever in this one

• Locked thread