Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
It's the meta-trolls you have to watch out for these days. Or so I hear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

G0RF posted:

It's the meta-trolls you have to watch out for these days. Or so I hear.

Now all we need is some meta-barons and the Incal MMO will finally be complete.

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I have to say, Disco's acting is much better than Sandi's

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Tippis posted:

Now all we need is some meta-barons and the Incal MMO will finally be complete.
That's how you design spaceships.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

MedianZetaMaleGoon posted:

Please pay attention to me, I'm not long for this world. :smith:

Sup, hows your Bitcoins doing?

Junk Puncher
Dec 31, 2009
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/43h7bn/free_something_awful_account_to_anyone_banned/

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Hi Sillyboneghost! you have to be looking here since you cant access that thread on the sub(hidden?).

sesame_samuel_
Dec 24, 2012

Pork Pro
Beautiful :911:

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
actually it might be one of those metas.... :tinfoil:

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

This joke literally never gets old.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

fuctifino posted:

Did this interview with Sandi from 2013 pop up in any of the earlier threads?

http://mognation.com/sunnys-diner-episode-3k13-sandi-gardiner/

The audio is missing on the article, but I found a copy here:

http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/old-republic-radio/sunnys-diner/e/sunnys-diner-episode-3k13-sandi-gardiner-32990808

So I just skipped to the 30min mark and wow is that painful. She can't answer the question I don't think she even understood it. She then just comes up with some crap story that is not even an answer to anything.

If you didn't get that far, you have to just jump to that point.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Foul Ole Ron posted:

In seriousness though, why hasn't some form of parody game being crowdfunded to troll SC?

It could be called 'Cult civilian' or 'asylum resident' .

I've just started working on this, actually.

It's called Solar Plebian.

I'll provide an update in 2 weeks.

Incombibulator
Dec 9, 2014

I'm ready for my close-up
Ms. Gardiner...

Grimey Drawer
oval office Clown Commando Pgabz... Godspeed son. 6o9

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Tanith posted:

Unrelated, does someone have the Lesnick-thread-closed image?

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

spacetoaster posted:

"THERE ARE NO TROLLS IN STAR CITIZEN" - Disco Lando

Preach it brother

G0RF fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Jan 31, 2016

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Scruffpuff posted:

A Brief History of Star Citizen

In 1990, Chris Roberts introduced the original Wing Commander, an homage to Gene Roddenberry's Star Trek, to critical acclaim. The game was a flight simulator that included several types of branching missions, diplomacy, treasure-hunting, an Infocom-style text parser, and was one of the first commercial games to simultaneously use all 16 colors on the Commodore 64.

Over the years, many more titles were released, all named Wing Commander, but each taking place in its own universe and with its own characters. There was some confusion between the American and Japanese releases, due to some games never making it to the States; i.e. Wing Commander IV in Japan is Wing Commander II stateside. The combat systems remained familiar, as well as the catchy music and colorful boss fights, which required you to carefully balance when you used your lasers, and when you used your healing elixirs.

In 2010, Chris Roberts began crowdfunding for Wing Commander VII: Star Citizen, shortened to just Star Citizen by fans. Over the years, Chris has expanded the scope of the project, inspired by other game properties such as Elite: Dangerous and Line of Defense. So far he has raised over $100 million USD for this new title. Features include "Warp Zones", hidden areas that allow to you jump several levels ahead, a "hyperspace" ability that makes you disappear from one point and reappear some distance away at a randomly-chosen location, and dialogue-trees similar to the Mass Effect series. Also included are several levels of ship weapon and armor upgrades that allow you to take on increasingly powerful enemies. All ships start with green armor, but as you progress though the game, you can unlock blue ship armor, which cuts damage by 50%, and eventually red armor, which cuts damage by 75%.

Perhaps the most exciting feature in Wing Commander VII: Star Citizen is the introduction of a new game mechanic, internally referred to as "multiplayer". In such a setup, rather than the traditional method of players taking turns to fly their ship, two players can play in the same area at once - a technically impressive feature which was inspired by the Battlecruiser line of games.

No functional mechanics have been implemented at the time of this writing.

:perfect:

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

1500 posted:

So I just skipped to the 30min mark and wow is that painful. She can't answer the question I don't think she even understood it. She then just comes up with some crap story that is not even an answer to anything.

Wow I hadn't heard this before but it's really, really bad. This whole thing is really incredible. I'm almost beginning to think the game might not ever come out, due to mismanagement.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

fuctifino posted:

Hello Seraph

That's not the only Seraph currently posting in the thread, either.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Who the gently caress is this Clifford Twitch guy? He's drunk as gently caress and still totally boring and unfunny. I can only imagine how lame he is when he isn't drunk. I keep asking who the hell he is and people keep saying "That's Clifford" like that's supposed to mean something.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
https://youtu.be/2IWl29BNawg

Star Citizen employees in a few months.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Star Citizen twitch streams give me hope that my terrible drunken Hearthstone playing won't be the worst thing on the service.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

meanwhile in austin

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

1500 posted:

Do what 1500 says right now. prepare for a full body cringe listening to that response sweet jesus Chris.

i'm starting to understand that caustic rant that Derek had to loving FINISH - Sandi has no business being in a position of power and the idea of competent professionals and crowdfunded money being under her control honestly makes me feel sick.

Godspeed to the poor souls at CIG

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Goobs posted:

It's really creepy that Lando never makes eye contact with anyone while they're talking to him. Am I the only one who finds this weird?

This is common with socially awkward nerds and people with autism, hth.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

alf_pogs posted:

meanwhile in austin

no way are they that happy

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.
Anyone have an authentic Philly cheese steak recipe. Also, what's a montichristo sandwich?

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Marching Powder posted:

I wonder what the Austin office does?

Tha_Joker_GAmer
Aug 16, 2006

skaboomizzy posted:

Star Citizen twitch streams give me hope that my terrible drunken Hearthstone playing won't be the worst thing on the service.

im sorry but hearthstone twitch streams are pretty oversaturated by now, unless you're a hot girl ofc

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Marching Powder posted:

https://www.cloudimperiumgames.com/teams/Austin

Sure they are just look at them. All those people who definitely still work at CIG at the Austin office.

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.
First time opening my yap on here, God help me. I started a career in thread-lurking shortly before this latest SC thread came into existence... and have somehow kept up ever since. This thread is a miracle of comedy delivery.

Here's something I noticed about the linked Gillian Anderson "interview". As many have said, there was indeed something awkward and wrong about it. The penny dropped when I looked up the other videos, and noticed this...

Gary Oldman - Light's on the left
Sandi - Light's on the right
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTuhr_vzTEE

Mark Hamill - Light's on the left
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vqB5lD73dw

Gillian Anderson - Light's on the the right
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vECofeHSmqo

Viewers intuitively know the two sides don't fit, even if they can't express exactly why. Our brains know "impossible" when they see it, and simply won't accept that it's a conversation between two people facing each other.

The lighting was obviously set up differently for Gillian Anderson's bit... and they went with the wrong lighting for their patch-up job, which ended up looking like an amateur-hour hatchet job.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

EightAce posted:

Anyone have an authentic Philly cheese steak recipe. Also, what's a montichristo sandwich?

dont have an actual philly cheese steak recipe but definitely use a mornay sauce instead of melted cheese slices. It's worth the extra effort

Junk Puncher
Dec 31, 2009

EightAce posted:

monitchristo sandwiches are mo fuggin delicious. Basically a ham, turkey, and cheese, but also with jelly and with French toast for bread.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli

Solarin posted:

Sandi has no business being in a position of power and the idea of competent professionals and crowdfunded money being under her control honestly makes me feel sick.
Also she mentions an MBA from the Australia Business School and another from UCLA Anderson School of Management.
Here and here.

She also mentions studying business law and marketing at one of these courses which is a bit odd for an MBA where you are usually expected to come in with a Bachelors in Business. Which is where you'd learn marketing and law basics in the first place.

Also an MBA is at least three years to finish and isn't something you just apply for because you want business skills.
You have to go through a pretty solid admittance process to prove you are pretty serious about doing this, it's not for the faint hearted. Even the shortest course is a Graduate Certificate which takes six months and still comes with the same amount of scrutiny in your application.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Mr Fronts posted:

First time opening my yap on here, God help me. I started a career in thread-lurking shortly before this latest SC thread came into existence... and have somehow kept up ever since. This thread is a miracle of comedy delivery.

welcome, commando.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Dusty Lens posted:

Sure they are just look at them. All those people who definitely still work at CIG at the Austin office.

i loving love that there is always a fedora

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

A Neurotic Jew posted:

checked back on this.

http://www.twitch.tv/supremetokyo/v/38887857

Go to 30:38

quote:

what is your favorite star system in SC?

I don't really have a favorite star system because they're all just text and a single piece of concept art really
A good quote for when anyone says that they are holding back alot of content.
In a sane world the community manager saying that after four years of development on the world's most ambitious MMOUniverse the 100+ promised star systems are text and a piece of concept art would be cause for concern.

In the 'Verse, however, there is only confidence.

CIG is just getting all of the ingredients right in the procedural generation cauldron and then when it's time they'll say the magic words and poof!

stinch
Nov 21, 2013

Dusty Lens posted:

They have 71 open positions. If they have 300 employees than 71 is 25% of their current workforce. Bit strange for a company that only has a single product due to launch this year.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

stinch posted:

They have 71 open positions. If they have 300 employees than 71 is 25% of their current workforce. Bit strange for a company that only has a single product due to launch this year.

Development hasn't officially started until all of these people are hired. We are at negative development time here.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

stinch posted:

"QA (3)"

CIG: "Guys pleeeeease play more Arena Commander :qq:"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

being on the QA team for this project may as well be one of the mythological tasks of hercules

• Locked thread