Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Tomorrow at 5:30 there's going to be a stream on desmoinesregister.com leading up to a 5:45 announcement of the polling results. This is the one done by a legendary revered pollster famous for predicting Obama in 2008. It's probably going to affect the Iowa markets a lot. Just a heads up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Jewel Repetition posted:

Tomorrow at 5:30 there's going to be a stream on desmoinesregister.com leading up to a 5:45 announcement of the polling results. This is the one done by a legendary revered pollster famous for predicting Obama in 2008. It's probably going to affect the Iowa markets a lot. Just a heads up.

good snipe, thank you

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Gibberish posted:

There's abso-loving-lutely no way anyone other than Trump wins in Iowa, it's not gonna even be close

edit: a word

Trump will probably win but this is the sort of thinking that leads to bad outcomes.

quote:

Hillary looks solid to win Iowa based on polling direction and demos.

This, too. Iowa dem is a total coin flip; polling does not accurately predict caucus results.

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich
I do, though. But thanks for the advice, Ron.

User
May 3, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Nap Ghost
I bet :10bux: that Jeb somehow makes second because why not. 100-1 baby!

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

User posted:

I bet :10bux: that Jeb somehow makes second because why not. 100-1 baby!

I think that's going to be where a Longshot can be found, 2nd in iowa. The polling caught Cruz on the upswing, but he's now a flaming garbage heap of worthless idiot trash. It's very possible on caucus night people get swayed to a passionate not trump and that could be loving anybody at this point.

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

pathetic little tramp posted:

I think that's going to be where a Longshot can be found, 2nd in iowa. The polling caught Cruz on the upswing, but he's now a flaming garbage heap of worthless idiot trash. It's very possible on caucus night people get swayed to a passionate not trump and that could be loving anybody at this point.

I'm still a fan of Cruz winning Iowa, with what is supposed to be a superior ground game along with no large increase of new voter registrations that would be indicative of Trump bringing in a lot of new people. That said, it is a lot cheaper to buy Trump as runner up right now, which would be likely the outcome of Trump winning.

A Time To Chill
Feb 26, 2007

Everyone post your Iowa bets! I'll go first so you can laugh at my failure.

A Time To Chill
Feb 26, 2007

pathetic little tramp posted:

Yo I got a dollar. What do you think the best penny stock in that market is?

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

A Time To Chill posted:

Why not spread among all of them? (not Paul)

You risk $1 total for the chance to make $14 if any of them comes in second.

UrAClassAct
Apr 10, 2012

A Time To Chill posted:

carson IMO

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

A Time To Chill posted:

I sold my Dem Noms just before the Des Moines poll and I'm sitting on a ton of cash what do i do he;lp

A Time To Chill
Feb 26, 2007

Aliquid posted:

I sold my Dem Noms just before the Des Moines poll and I'm sitting on a ton of cash what do i do he;lp

More Rand NOs. In every possible market.

A Time To Chill
Feb 26, 2007

Welp I bought 100 shares.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

A Time To Chill posted:

More Rand NOs. In every possible market.
Okay, that sounds like solid adv-

A Time To Chill posted:

Welp I bought 100 shares.

nope

A Time To Chill
Feb 26, 2007

Aliquid posted:

Okay, that sounds like solid adv-

nope

Heh well when all the candidates except Carson phase out of this reality on Monday, we'll see who has $100 :smug:

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

A Time To Chill posted:

Heh well when all the candidates except Carson phase out of this reality on Monday, we'll see who has $100 :smug:

http://www.theonion.com/article/terrified-jeb-bush-beginning-fade-visible-spectrum-52060

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

^^ how did I miss that? holy poo poo

A Time To Chill posted:

My Rick Perry Nom YES will do its best :(

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

A Time To Chill posted:

I'd be really tempted to sell those Cruz shares just in case Trump pulls it off and gets first.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

A Time To Chill posted:

Everyone post your Iowa bets!

I did a little profit taking on the Cruz and Trump markets so I'm no longer at -$300 risk but I'm still feeling pretty good about it.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Here's my current portfolio. Hoping that Hillary's win causes enough of a surge in the democratic nominee market for me to sell those shares for a profit in order to free up funds for future wave-riding.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
The whole "spam NO" thing is kinda weird, it's like Hoovering up all the slag on the bottom of the ocean and hoping the smelted metals give you enough profit to take the dredging boat out the next day to collect a little bit more slag again

I love it

anyways:

Do it Donny

ehehehehehehe

Gibberish has issued a correction as of 10:20 on Jan 31, 2016

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
Wow some of you have a lot of money to play with...:stare:

I've only invested $70.

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
for people with real jobs, investing a few hundred isn't that much

PredictIt is also great for checking when you have a few minutes between doing stuff or on a break

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

A Time To Chill posted:

Everyone post your Iowa bets!

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

A Time To Chill posted:

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Zeta Taskforce posted:

I'm still a fan of Cruz winning Iowa, with what is supposed to be a superior ground game along with no large increase of new voter registrations that would be indicative of Trump bringing in a lot of new people. That said, it is a lot cheaper to buy Trump as runner up right now, which would be likely the outcome of Trump winning.

There's plenty of reasons to like Cruz. If you read this sub-sub forum however, your brain gets saturated with ironic internet shitposting Trump nonsense.

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich

Juicy

Which site is this

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Gibberish posted:

Juicy

Which site is this

MediaPredict.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
Thanks, it's the reason I deposited money in the first place.

Also I felt it would be inappropriate to show the 50% loss I'm enduring on TRUMPSWEEP right now.

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich

Peachstapler posted:

Thanks, it's the reason I deposited money in the first place.

Also I felt it would be inappropriate to show the 50% loss I'm enduring on TRUMPSWEEP right now.

You could sell BUSH.DROPOUT.NO right now just in case of a plane crash or something right now and only lose 10 bucks tho, I wouldn't blame you if you did, what's 130 bucks compared to 140 bucks anyways

Trump sweep seems like a solid bet to make imho, once he wins Iowa he'll take NH and then it's likely he'll grab the last two once the momentum is behind him, I wouldn't sell those

Gibberish has issued a correction as of 19:33 on Jan 31, 2016

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Gibberish posted:

Trump sweep seems like a solid bet to make imho, once he wins Iowa he'll take NH and then it's likely he'll grab the last two once the momentum is behind him, I wouldn't sell those
I'm a NO owner, unfortunately.

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich

Peachstapler posted:

I'm a NO owner, unfortunately.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
Tomorrow, during the mayhem. Finger on the button.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Peachstapler posted:

Tomorrow, during the mayhem. Finger on the button.

Don't markets close right when the caucuses open?

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

a cop posted:

Iowa-specific market rules appear like they'll close when the outcome is ascertained with certainty by PredictIt. TRUMPSWEEP is a four-state market and I am fairly certain it'll stay open until all states are called in favor of Trump or PredictIt officially calls one of those contests for someone other than Trump. Although I'd love to know if I'm wrong. I didn't see any times or milestones otherwise in the rules.

A Time To Chill
Feb 26, 2007

JosefStalinator posted:

I'd be really tempted to sell those Cruz shares just in case Trump pulls it off and gets first.

Those are for first place. Nonetheless, I've been thinking about locking that profit in by selling the Cruz NOs. But I like to gambooool and the Hillary NOs just aren't getting my heart rate up enough, so I'll prob let it ride. Probably gonna sell those Carsons at a loss though because for first place that's definitely a done deal and $10 > $0.

A Time To Chill
Feb 26, 2007

Also I did this last night:

In my defense, I was really high and it's only $5. But still, what is wrong with me? :cripes:

A Time To Chill
Feb 26, 2007

EngineerSean posted:

I did a little profit taking on the Cruz and Trump markets so I'm no longer at -$300 risk but I'm still feeling pretty good about it.

lmao I like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

a cop posted:

Also thinking back to the Louisiana governor's race I was flipping shares all voting day. So I don't think they'll cut off betting for Iowa until they figure out who won the most precinct-level delegates.

• Locked thread