Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Gorilla Salad posted:

I can see them trying that in actual court and the judge stepping down from the bench, walking up to them and just slapping them.

https://youtu.be/RR6adL2Yet4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

One of the OPB reporters got ahold of David Fry's dad. Guess he's back from vacation.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

ChlamydiaJones posted:

They're planning ahead (this time)!

Hmmmm I smell a care package full of bologna and raw eggs, shipped without dry ice.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Dedicated to:
-human pieces of poo poo who, despite being horrible people, want nothing to do with any of this madness
-an idiot who hid under a tarp that one time and then charged an FBI roadblock
-Some guy named Jack

Come one, come all, come listen to our word-salad speeches as we try to pretend the United States are still beholden to the Articles of Confederation.

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx
Basically, let's get together, drink some beers, drive around being loud while waving flags and then go home to our safe sheet rock mansions.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I hope Palin makes it

meristem
Oct 2, 2010
I HAVE THE ETIQUETTE OF STIFF AND THE PERSONALITY OF A GIANT CUNT.
Oh, so he's part Japanese? Guess that explains his language - it was actually pretty good.

He also posted a response video: https://youtu.be/sgMQDxpuO_E . Seems like we may be moving from bargaining to depression?

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I doubt the Hammonds even want to distance themselves, they're just going to get jackhammered straight to seg if they openly associate with an ongoing insurrection.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

What is with these people and misspelling Finicum's name? First the Bundys spelled it "Finnicum", now he's "Fincium" on the fliers to an event to honor his memory.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Jan 31, 2016

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Kazak_Hstan posted:

I doubt the Hammonds even want to distance themselves, they're just going to get jackhammered straight to seg if they openly associate with an ongoing insurrection.

I remember at the very start the protest/poo poo-in was in very loud and vocal support of the Hammonds because they were having to go back to jail for being arsonists due to getting an illegal sentence that broke minimum sentencing laws. At which point the Hammonds said "No, go gently caress off, we want nothing to do with you" in no uncertain terms and showed up on time to be arrested, causing the idiots to just parrot "Are Freedoms?" for a while as they searched for a new outrage.

There really wasn't a single moment the Hammonds looked to be supporting these idiots. Then again, that was nearly a month ago and the Hammonds told the Bundy Bungle Brigade to gently caress off so fast that they were such a hilariously minor point of the whole drama, so there might have been a moment that we've forgotten. I'm honestly surprised the rest of the SovCits even remember who they are. Either way, horrible person nor not, secretly wanting to support the Bundies or not, the Hammonds at least proved they have more working braincells than anyone who squatted on the reserve.

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

Roland Jones posted:

What is with these people and misspelling Finicum's name? First the Bundy's spelled it "Finnicum", now he's "Fincium" on the fliers to an event to honor his memory.

I just love the fact that sovcits put EVERYTHING in caps. They can't WRITE well enough to EMPHASIZE ANYTHING so it HAS to be in ALL CAPS. That and making every word into a Proper Noun because of their love of Magic Power Words

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
It continues to amaze me how folks are so visibly and loudly rallying behind dudes who are obviously idiots and morons. I remember how Bush Jr. rode this sort of 'He's one of us/I could have a beer with him' sentiment to the White House but holy poo poo, the Bundy's and dudes like David Fry are hard pressed to string together coherent sentences. Why don't these people have a higher standard for their leaders?

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

BlackIronHeart posted:

It continues to amaze me how folks are so visibly and loudly rallying behind dudes who are obviously idiots and morons. I remember how Bush Jr. rode this sort of 'He's one of us/I could have a beer with him' sentiment to the White House but holy poo poo, the Bundy's and dudes like David Fry are hard pressed to string together coherent sentences. Why don't these people have a higher standard for their leaders?

The leaders DO appear to set the bar in this collection of very unintelligent people.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
Well, I've seen dirtbag leaders get into bad situations because they were unable to control their crazy followers and I've seen crazy followers get into bad situations because they listened to dirtbag leaders, but this is probably the first time I've seen both the leaders and the followers screw each other simultaneously.

That honking-and-driving video also pissed me off so much that I went and did some more work on a sewing project I started over a month ago, so this evening is turning out pretty well for me.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Roland Jones posted:

What is with these people and misspelling Finicum's name? First the Bundys spelled it "Finnicum", now he's "Fincium" on the fliers to an event to honor his memory.

If you think that's funny, most of them can't even pronounce Ammon's name correctly. That's something that's stood out to me in all the crazy of the various SovCit call in streams.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Roland Jones posted:

It's "Finnacum"

Like "Finna cum over these shitters getting wrecked"

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
:qq: Why won't they let the patriots in to the refuge so they can commit freedom? :qq: #werejustcamping

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe

quote:

“Yesterday, as the FBI began its siege, [Fry] kept following around real militia,” the post read. “Several of them told him to go away…David refused, so they kicked him out of the vehicle on the side of the road.”

That means when the militants had the chance to take him with them, to effectively get him off the refuge, they instead threw him out of the car. Now, some of those same militants are urging him to leave, so they can be bailed out of jail.

:smith:

Poor guy couldn't even fit in with crazy right-wing militants. I guess I...feel sorry for him?

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Marijuana Nihilist posted:

Poor guy couldn't even fit in with crazy right-wing militants. I guess I...feel sorry for him?

There's always 8chan.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

Roland Jones posted:

Fincium, the rootin-tootinest of the alkaline elements. Volatile in cold conditions, should be stored in a sealed test tube or tarp.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Rural Lives Matter

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Camp out forever you crazy bastard. keep Ammon in jail forever.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
He really messed up when he went all ISIS fanboy. An object lesson in how social media stuff can screw you over.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

katlington posted:

Rural Lives Matter

Skokie still bearing Durian fruit I see.

Pixelboy
Sep 13, 2005

Now, I know what you're thinking...

hcenvirons posted:

I just love the fact that sovcits put EVERYTHING in caps. They can't WRITE well enough to EMPHASIZE ANYTHING so it HAS to be in ALL CAPS. That and making every word into a Proper Noun because of their love of Magic Power Words

You have to get the intonations correct or the spell doesn't work.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
So the revolution may not have started out great, but we've got a great followup idea!

*jumps in a pickup truck with a bullhorn*

LAVOY DIED FOR YOUR FREEDOM YOU DUMBSHITS!

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Subterfrugal posted:

So the revolution may not have started out great, but we've got a great followup idea!

*jumps in a pickup truck with a bullhorn*

LAVOY DIED FOR YOUR FREEDOM YOU DUMBSHITS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ip1SYl97kh4

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.
Meanwhile, in these idiots wildests dreams:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1FoOWceJmE

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

David Fry is really a pitiful person, and it would actually improve my opinion of him a bit if it turned out he was refusing to leave just to get payback against the guys who kicked him out by keeping them from being released. But it's clear that he thrives on getting a negative reaction out of people so I guess I'll tell him to go gently caress himself? :shrug:

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Biff Rockgroin posted:

I don't know why, but I'm really impressed with how clean the video quality is. I'm used to really grainy police chase videos from the 90's I guess.

the principal about calculators being more powerful than the moon landers computer also applies to cameras

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Jan 31, 2016

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.
Was it an helicopter or plane type drone? I want to say helicopter because of how stable it was, but maybe there's stabilization software I don't know about.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Kal-L posted:

Was it an helicopter or plane type drone? I want to say helicopter because of how stable it was, but maybe there's stabilization software I don't know about.

The FBI press conference mentioned that it was from a plane. And yeah stabilization technology is pretty amazing these days.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

The FBI press conference mentioned that it was from a plane. And yeah stabilization technology is pretty amazing these days.

The microsoft hyperlapse stuff is probably some of the best i've seen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOpwHaQnRSY

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

Epic High Five posted:

I hope Palin makes it

I hope her next kid/grandkid is named Tarp in memory of Lavoy

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Click the Twitter link in the article to read the FB post that was quoting from. He got thrown out because he was compulsively live streaming their plans and refused to stop.

Like, I almost think it's an addiction of some sort by this point. How many times did we hear him get told off for streaming everything to the Internet? If he doesn't have some insatiable compulsion, he's an FBI mole.

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos

Roland Jones posted:

They don't want to malign his identity by creating joinder between the false government created identity of Robert LaVoy Finnicum and the beloved folk hero Robert: LAVOY FinniŠum.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

I think I read in there that Fry admitted and bragged about using/breaking into federal computers, right? That's an easy few years to add on.

As far as their lovely punctuation: It's also worth remembering that, generally, and I mean this in the nicest way, the people who go for this poo poo are very, very poorly educated. That's seen in their planning and reasoning, in their attempts at propaganda, and in their abysmal tarp skills.

Teddybear fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Jan 31, 2016

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
^And then the judge sentences them all to get an education. Oh the humanity!

-Zydeco- posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzx2eWenLx8
Just after the one hour mark, these assholes driving around and just repeatedly blowing their horn for ten minutes straight.

E: Now its a portable siren and megaphone.

"Oh look, Jr. got into the pots and pans and is clanging them together"

For a 5 year old, yeah, cute.
For a grownup...well, to take a line from South Park, "Get out FAGS!"

Kinda wish I wasn't lazy, thought about it sooner, and was willing to part with one, but I thought of sending them one of my extra CDV-715 survey meters (minus batteries, of course) with a note implying the outside world has been hearing rumors of the Feds planning to use radioactive agents just to watch these guys flip some poo poo a bit more. Or tinker with it to see if I can calibrate it to go wild with just a sample and ship it with batteries so it goes nuts

Jesus Christ, now I remember why I avoid youtube channels from these fucks. The insanity is baffling. Everything from it's the governor's fault to Russians wanting uranium (because the Russians don't have a huge home source of it already). Goddamn these people are nuts

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meristem
Oct 2, 2010
I HAVE THE ETIQUETTE OF STIFF AND THE PERSONALITY OF A GIANT CUNT.

chitoryu12 posted:

Like, I almost think it's an addiction of some sort by this point. How many times did we hear him get told off for streaming everything to the Internet? If he doesn't have some insatiable compulsion, he's an FBI mole.
He's living the American Dream. He's finally found his calling, and people pay attention to him. Have *you* ever gone from 0 to 6,500 YouTube subscribers in half a week?

If this were a scripted situation, I'm pretty sure it would have been called a Breaking Bad ripoff a couple of pages ago already.

• Locked thread