Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
theyre just going to burn it to the ground and declare the whole area a superfund site

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

DancingShade posted:

So after a few dozen fat crazy rednecks spent weeks living in that wildlife office on a diet mostly consisting of grilled cheese they're pretty much going to have to fumigate with napalm to get rid of the stink right?

Also replace like all of the office furniture, carpet and bathroom fittings.

Yep. All that's going to be considered a damage and, because cleaning and reupholstering and such are going to be in excess of $1000, it's likely going to result in at least one charge of "Destruction of Federal Property", maximum charge of ten years.

For example, we know they broke or smashed open the Paiute tribe exhibits because they videotaped that poo poo like they were loving ISIS or something.

autoaim.cfg
Aug 6, 2005
:qq: WHINY SHITHEAD :qq:
*drops mic*

Young Freud posted:

For example, we know they broke or smashed open the Paiute tribe exhibits because they videotaped that poo poo like they were loving ISIS or something.

What in God's name would be their rationale for doing that?

Were they "liberating" the Native American stuff from Federal oppression or what?

Do you remember which of the videos that was? I'd like to see it.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

autoaim.cfg posted:

What in God's name would be their rationale for doing that?

Were they "liberating" the Native American stuff from Federal oppression or what?

I might have been exaggerating, but they did rifle through the storerooms at the refuge as if they were spoils of war. And, yes, that's exactly what they're claiming. Of course, the Bundys were also claiming that they had a right to handle those artifacts because they're part Native American or some bullshit.

The Guardian posted:

The militiamen stationed at a federal wildlife refuge in eastern Oregon are now rummaging through artifacts and documents of the Paiute tribe, sparking outrage among local Native Americans whose ancestors originally occupied the land.

LaVoy Finicum, one of the leaders of the armed protesters occupying the Malheur national wildlife refuge, posted a video of himself inside a government building looking through cardboard boxes of papers and other items associated with the local tribe – and inviting Paiute leaders to meet with the militia and reclaim their belongings.

“We want to make sure these things are returned to their rightful owner,” said Finicum, who recently helped destroy a US Fish and Wildlife Service fence and remove cameras that he claimed the government was using for surveillance.

“I feel disrespected that they’re even out there,” said Jarvis Kennedy, the tribal council’s sergeant-at-arms. Kennedy said he was too upset to watch all of Finicum’s video. “It’s like me going through their drawers at their house.”

Tribe leaders and federal officials say the refuge stores confidential documents and thousands of historic artifacts, such as baskets, spears, tools and beads. The refuge is also home to Paiute burial grounds, making the militia’s recent decision to pave a road through the refuge particularly alarming.

“I could go to the Bundys where his grandparents are buried,” Kennedy said. “How would they feel if I drove over their grave and went through their heirlooms?”

In his video, Finicum said that he was showing how the wildlife refuge has done a poor job maintaining the artifacts and keeping storage rooms clean. “This needs to be taken care of, and so we’re reaching out to the Paiute people in the sincerest manner as we can,” he said on camera. “Let’s make sure that we take care of the heritage of the Native American people.”

Added militia member Blaine Cooper: “The rightful owners need to come back and claim their belongings.”

Kennedy noted that the militiamen have had no trouble leaving and returning to the refuge and feared one of them might damage or steal their artifacts and documents. “All the stuff they are doing out there, it’s like a crime scene,” he said. “Once this is done, we’ll see what’s missing.”

autoaim.cfg posted:

Do you remember which of the videos that was? I'd like to see it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzFhWAcu3i0

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I love that the thread's got to the point where half the posts are "hurr I don't pay attention someone explain"

Look, we can't explain, these are loving lunatics

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

VikingSkull posted:

I love that the thread's got to the point where half the posts are "hurr I don't pay attention someone explain"

Look, we can't explain, these are loving lunatics

yeah basically as someone who's been starting into this warp portal since the beginning all I can say is they act in basically the opposite of how any sane person would.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Young Freud posted:

I might have been exaggerating, but they did rifle through the storerooms at the refuge as if they were spoils of war. And, yes, that's exactly what they're claiming. Of course, the Bundys were also claiming that they had a right to handle those artifacts because they're part Native American or some bullshit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzFhWAcu3i0

I've never heard of anything bad happening from desecrating an ancient Indian burial ground, I'm sure that things will work out just fine for these guys. Juuuuuust fine and dandy.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Yes, there is curse that says if you mess with Paiute artifacts eventually an Oregon state policeman shoots you in the face.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Did the cop that shot him in the face get overtime / combat pay?

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

cheesetriangles posted:

no but he did get the county's beautification award for his noble efforts in improving the view

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
he also earned a trip to the Witness Protection Program once his name is released and the crazies pin Lavoy's "murder" on him

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

cheesetriangles posted:

Administrative duty.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

InterFaced posted:

Yes, there is curse that says if you mess with Paiute artifacts eventually an Oregon state policeman shoots you in the face.

That's pretty loving specific as far as ancient Indian curses go but you can't argue with results so :shrug:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

VikingSkull posted:

he also earned a trip to the Witness Protection Program once his name is released and the crazies pin Lavoy's "murder" on him

The very same crazies who go to gun shows and pay George Zimmerman to autograph their guns, no less.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

The very same crazies who go to gun shows and pay George Zimmerman to autograph their guns, no less.

.....also same dudes who still remember who Lon Horiuchi is

wireframeskull
Dec 3, 2006

:vince:

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

CBC story shows a pic of the roadside memorial for LaVoy Finicum and it has what looks like a blue tarp at the base of the cross.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/oregon-standoff-final-four-1.3427389

Only registered members can see post attachments!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

slidebite posted:

CBC story shows a pic of the roadside memorial for LaVoy Finicum and it has what looks like a blue tarp at the base of the cross.

lol

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
did the feds leave the red snow or do they collect that for evidence or something

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
Actually in a stunning turn of events native Americans, backed by American military advisors, wipe out rural whites across North America, ushering in a new era that will be referred to as pax americana

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

slidebite posted:

Nothing says true american hero like sharpie on cardboard. The tarpening 2016.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I wonder how emperor obama will deal with the coming blue tarp rebellion.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Since these idiots were all "we've started the revolution, rally to us!" and all the other keyboard commandos were like "uhh, I have pizza rolls in the oven and my rascal battery is low," does this lead to a bunch of internal finger pointing, recriminations, and otherwise falling apart, killing what little "momentum" these idiots have?

Who am I kidding. Its still Onama's fault.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

InterFaced posted:

Nothing says true american hero like sharpie on cardboard. The tarpening 2016.
I must admit surprise at the shockingly clear and legible printing. Obviously a highly educated member of the blue tarp revolt.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

slidebite posted:

I must admit surprise at the shockingly clear and legible printing. Obviously a highly educated member of the blue tarp revolt.

Anyone that puts "rip" on something that's supposed to be taken seriously makes me laugh like woah

fukkin' rip

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

in hundreds of years when civilization has collapsed militiamen from across the country will go on a sacred pilgrimage to malheur wildlife refuge to pray before the sacred tarp of lavoy

wars will be fought against the heretics and their false tarps

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
whoever held that tarpside vigil, allow me to virtually shake your hand

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

NO TARPS
NO MASTERS

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

VikingSkull posted:

yeah uh I totally would but I am on disability and I gotta go get the check.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

fyodor posted:

NO TARPS
NO MASTERS

wait i thought we were pro-tarp

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

VikingSkull posted:

CLICK HERE ---->:patriot:< TO HONOR

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Remember what TARP stands for..

Totally
Awesome
Real
Patriots

kinda like that cartoon Totally Spies y'know..

wireframeskull
Dec 3, 2006

Be free tarp ghost

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

LaVoy 'Crossdraw McGraw' Finicum

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

I'm gonna go get the papers get the papers

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
someone please install a PA system and generator there, so this can play on a loop for eternity

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

KakerMix posted:

Anyone that puts "rip" on something that's supposed to be taken seriously makes me laugh like woah

fukkin' rip

Hey the Rainbow 6 clan I joined was called {RIP} I'll have you know. And we were drat serious!

Ran Mad Dog
Aug 15, 2006
Algeapea and noodles - I will take your udon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

lmbo