Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

SLUM KING posted:

That Bret Vs Owen cage match from SummerSlam 1994 is the most boring thing and he gave it five stars, a higher rating than their WMX match got.
It was better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Discount Trombones posted:

Same here. I never figured him for such a huge racist before, seeing as he is so vocally left-wing.

There are plenty of left wing people who are really loving racist, some more blatant than others. I've found as time goes on that someone's self-identification on the political spectrum is almost useless as a barometer of racism, misogyny, or what have you.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

There are plenty of left wing people who are really loving racist, some more blatant than others. I've found as time goes on that someone's self-identification on the political spectrum is almost useless as a barometer of racism, misogyny, or what have you.
Age, on the other hand,

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

St Evan Echoes posted:

Age, on the other hand,

Nah, not even that a lot of the time. We'd like to think young people are vastly more tolerant but a lot of the time it comes down to not using blatant slurs. The underlying attitudes are still there they just manifest in less obvious ways.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Yeah I was kidding. There are plenty of people I know (not really young anymore but w/e) who are pretty blatant on social media about race and gender issues so you can't even give them that

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Spermgod posted:

It's kinda silly that the WON doesn't have on-staff guys that are fluent in Spanish and Japanese, or at least consultants. At least for Mexico you have knowledgeable guys like cubsfan and Rob Viper that send Dave stuff, for Japan his sources don't seem so good. I've seen people that speak the language complain that he gets stuff wrong fairly frequently.

The not crediting sources thing seems to be SOP for some reason. I don't really understand why. He didn't credit MLW with breaking the NJPW 4 story a few weeks ago either.

Not crediting sources, especially when quoting verbatim, is really unjustifiable. I mean that's the most basic of basic journalistic standards. That story about yottsume is really lovely behaviour

TomWaitsForNoMan fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Jan 29, 2016

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Holy poo poo Alex Riley's dad is that guy?

http://deadspin.com/radio-dummy-on-female-nfl-coach-theres-no-place-for-a-1754257086

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Spermgod posted:

It's kinda silly that the WON doesn't have on-staff guys that are fluent in Spanish and Japanese, or at least consultants. At least for Mexico you have knowledgeable guys like cubsfan and Rob Viper that send Dave stuff, for Japan his sources don't seem so good. I've seen people that speak the language complain that he gets stuff wrong fairly frequently.

if people want want dave to have better japanese translations they should do a better job of translating enuhito's poorly translated and questionably sourced blog

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Discount Trombones posted:

Same here. I never figured him for such a huge racist before, seeing as he is so vocally left-wing.

Cornette only rails against the Republicans because wrestling is filled with right-wingers that he hates

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

HerraS posted:

Cornette only rails against the Republicans because wrestling is filled with right-wingers that he hates

This would actually make a huge amount of sense

At the same time, oldschool southern democrats who aren't actually dixiecrats tend to absorb the same "common sense" racism their opposed party does so it's hard to call

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Spermgod posted:

The not crediting sources thing seems to be SOP for some reason. I don't really understand why. He didn't credit MLW with breaking the NJPW 4 story a few weeks ago either.

It won't be a major change or anything but the F4W forum allowing Twitter embedding now will further expose Meltzer's lack of sourcing/sources. As it makes it easier for posters to cross post tweets onto the F4W forum.

Just on Meltzer's Japanese sources. It flew under most people's radar as few care about Joshi. But his reporting about STARDOM a week and 2 weeks ago was really bad. The correction he issued last week was worse than the original story.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

What sort of person would steal scoops from twitter and then try to present them as their own?

A shameful person.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Grozz Nuy posted:

I wanna hear about Big Dave's wiping routine and see his shirtless pose with Chuck and Trent at the end

Trent's wiping routine genuinely disturbs me.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Skinty McEdger posted:

What sort of person would steal scoops from twitter and then try to present them as their own?

A shameful person.

Imagine what kind of person would take forum posts and present them on Twitter unquoted

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
What a terrible use of Snake Eater.

Normal Not Odd
Nov 5, 2003

what a t e r r i b l e world

what a b e a u t i f u l world

cronox2 posted:

That was embarrassing.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

cronox2 posted:

What a thrill...

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Sanguinia posted:

What a thrill...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rD8HuIxber0

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Da Sharpshooters recorded their last episode after 10½ years :(

Where else am I going to get that kind of analysis, like "they can't let Cena back in the building after he's been fired, he's going to come back with an Uzi and kill everyone"

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Dave got pegged by the joshis, pass it on

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

I know I'm probably like 2 pages too late but bravo to whoever sent in Snake Eater from MGS3 on the latest B&V show

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Ice To Meet You posted:

Da Sharpshooters recorded their last episode after :(

Where else am I going to get that kind of analysis, like "they can't let Cena back in the building after he's been fired, he's going to come back with an Uzi and kill everyone"

Amazing, 10½ years, over 500 shows & I never heard of either of those guys. Did they not think promoting their podcast was high on their list of things to do?

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

albert del rio

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
It probably goes without saying at this point, but if you don't like Lucha Underground spoilers and don't want to know what the entire season finale card is, skip that part of this morning's WOR. Short bit, timestamp about 57:20-58:45.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON
Wait this whole time Rovert has been serious?

And now he's about to take out Big Dave?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

maniacripper posted:

Wait this whole time Rovert has been serious?

And now he's about to take out Big Dave?

Rovert took out Dave 2 weeks ago

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

dsriggs posted:

Amazing, 10½ years, over 500 shows & I never heard of either of those guys. Did they not think promoting their podcast was high on their list of things to do?

And yet the Punchsport Pisscast or whatever keeps winning all these awards, but no one has ever heard of it! So strange.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

UFC recap without Filthy Tom. This is the worst.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Gonna have to wait till Monday for what should be Tom going off again on Sage Northcutt.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

bryan burying ryan bader is pretty choice though

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

cronox2 posted:

Gonna have to wait till Monday for what should be Tom going off again on Sage Northcutt.

I'm really really looking forward to this

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

cronox2 posted:

lets tide you over

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

ayn rand hand job posted:

lets tide you over

not even the least effective koppo kick I've seen in a shoot fight

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

my fav thing is mma fighters trying to be fancy and it loving them up entirely

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
It reminds me of the really early MMA stuff where a Kung Fu guy would go up against a jiu-jitsu guy and get his poo poo repeatedly and thoroughly pushed in because it turns out that punching the air for 12 years doesn't actually make you a good fighter.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Is there any actual upside to Sage Northcutt other than "he's young and girls think he's cute"

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Cardboard Box posted:

my fav thing is mma fighters trying to be fancy and it loving them up entirely

He then tapped to a choke that was cinched in looser than a Cena STF

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die

Benne posted:

Is there any actual upside to Sage Northcutt other than "he's young and girls think he's cute"

He does flips and looks like an anime character too.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Benne posted:

He seems like maybe he'd be good at kickboxing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i cant imagine a human woman thinking sage northcutt is cute. maybe cute like a elementary school kid with a lisp

• Locked thread