Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

Plethora posted:

Sure thing. I'll only post links now.

Sorry about that.

I think there's nothing wrong with posting images, personally (although we probably don't need to see every last one). You can always timg them to be considerate to those with a more delicate disposition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Dabir posted:

Please stop posting Bunny Meat strips in this thread, just link to them or something christ.

Or you can just put him on ignore like a grownup, but whatever.

Mr.Chill
Aug 29, 2006

idonotlikepeas posted:

I think there's nothing wrong with posting images, personally (although we probably don't need to see every last one). You can always timg them to be considerate to those with a more delicate disposition.

Will do. I'll start timg-ing them from now on.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Preface your posts with 'Trigger warning: Bunny meat' :v:

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

readingatwork posted:

Or you can just put him on ignore like a grownup, but whatever.

Sacrificing a person's insight all over the forums because they occasionally post an unpleasant comic seems exaggerated.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Pyroclastic posted:

I just migrated all my comic feeds out of Opera, and was kinda surprised by how many dead feeds I followed that have just stopped or disappeared without really realizing it. Not counting ones with a definitive, planned end or ones that are now continued only in print like Red's Planet or Rutabaga.

Hanna is Not a Boys Name, last updated 2011, creator is famous for dropping projects. Strip doesn't seem to exist online officially any more.
Ellie Starling's Very Long Walk, last strip in 2013, with a 'don't have a lot of time these days' message.
Abominable Charles Christopher, last updated in 2014. Creator is still active, but no hints of a return of Charles Christopher.

Hanna is Not a Boys Name is definitely dead and never coming back. Accounts differ on why.

Ellie Starling's creator is trying to convert the comic into a game, I think, unless that project was dropped

Abominable Charles Christopher is probably being held up due to Karl Kerschl having a kid and doing ongoing work for DC Comics (Gotham Academy, which is genuinely good, by normal people standards and not just DC-trash standards!) He was the artist Gotham Academy until December. He posted a Charles Christopher sketch to his twitter back then too:

https://twitter.com/karlkerschl/status/672145113410334720

Nuns with Guns fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Jan 31, 2016

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Monster Pulse: I'm not sure I understand what's going on in the last two panels. What's Abel flinching from in panel 5, and why does Ozzy think that indicates rudeness? Or is Abel just shaking his head at Lampwick's apparent uselessness (which would, indeed, be pretty rude)?

Regardless, a very happy birthday to Magnolia!

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
he's shaking his head

Sepherothic
Feb 8, 2003

Pyroclastic posted:

Boxer Hockey, latest in 2014, with a 2015 "free webcomics don't pay the rent and it's unfair to me and my readers to trickle out one strip every few months" update

It makes me so happy to see that Tyson has found widespread success. That dude was too good to not get paid for doing comics.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Sepherothic posted:

It makes me so happy to see that Tyson has found widespread success. That dude was too good to not get paid for doing comics.

Wait. What's he up to these days?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I never totally figured out what Boxer Hockey was "about" but it was certainly done well.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
I just want to point out that you guys seem to have missed the fact that Plethora is not the person who posted the last Bunny Meat comic, I am. I'll timg it if it's a problem, I figured it would be fine since, as is in the post, I had already told the story in the thread. But whatever, I'll timg it.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
Eh. Complaining about images being posted in the webcomics thread seems pretty silly.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

All I'm saying is if I want to read incredibly upsetting things, I'll go to the bunny meat dot com and read all of them right there. I won't go to the web comics thread 4 pretty much just demons because by and large that's not what gets posted here. I'm sure I'm not the only person who finds it unpleasant to have that poo poo take me by surprise early in the morning. I didn't say anything the first few times cause I thought it would be unreasonable to jump down your throats about it but when it started looking like every single one was going to end up posted inline I asked, politely, for people to stop. We cool?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dabir posted:

All I'm saying is if I want to read incredibly upsetting things, I'll go to the bunny meat dot com and read all of them right there. I won't go to the web comics thread 4 pretty much just demons because by and large that's not what gets posted here. I'm sure I'm not the only person who finds it unpleasant to have that poo poo take me by surprise early in the morning. I didn't say anything the first few times cause I thought it would be unreasonable to jump down your throats about it but when it started looking like every single one was going to end up posted inline I asked, politely, for people to stop. We cool?

Dabir posted:

Please stop posting Bunny Meat strips in this thread, just link to them or something christ.

Dabir posted:

I'd prefer not to be scrolling through what has been, so far, a relatively easy-going thread, and then suddenly run into some rear end in a top hat comparing my perfectly reasonable request to a handjob for Webcomics Hitler.

e: also not to run into rather upsetting embedded comics

While you have a reasonable point, "polite" is not how I would describe your previous posts. I'm pretty sure that's what really set everything off here, not the request itself. If you had just opened with "the comic can be disturbing and I would rather not see it" this would have been avoided.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Alright, fair enough. At least nobody's gone "TRIGGERED :smug:"

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
That's essentially what happened, though.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Pyroclastic posted:

Truckbearingkibble, last strip sometime around 2009. Domain expired, comics only seem to exist in possibly incomplete third-party archives.
Dubblebaby, last updated 2013. Writer's tumbler no longer exists, artist is still active and is storyboarding with Adventure Time..
Rob & Elliot, last updated 2012. Creator is still doing Hamlet's Danish, although it's sporadic..

good stuff

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Dabir posted:

Alright, fair enough. At least nobody's gone "TRIGGERED :smug:"

dsyp

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Three Panel Soul has come to an...interesting conclusion for death's date.

readingatwork posted:

He started working for comic books proper. For a while he was doing the Amazing World of Gumball comic, and now he's got his own thing.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Webcomics Thread 4: A Handjob From Webcomics Hitler

Sepherothic
Feb 8, 2003

readingatwork posted:

As someone else said, he does the official Gumball comic. He also did a few of the official Sonic comics, and storyboarded an episode of Bravest Warriors. The story of boxer hockey was never even approaching good, but the jokes were funny, and the art great. I guess people noticed.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Dr McNinja: how serious is the hover text? Because now I want to read that.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Sepherothic posted:

As someone else said, he does the official Gumball comic. He also did a few of the official Sonic comics, and storyboarded an episode of Bravest Warriors. The story of boxer hockey was never even approaching good, but the jokes were funny, and the art great. I guess people noticed.

I'd argue that lots of the individual story elements were pretty good. The story of Fat Kid meeting Cool Kid was particularly endearing.

Good to hear he's doing well though. I'll have to check out the Gumball comic now.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
today in neo-kosmos

lose a character we've seen in the flesh, gain a character we've seen in the flesh i guess

(i'm actually pretty hype)

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

i wonder if hourly webcomic day is campbell's lasting internet legacy

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Poppy O'Possum came back from hiatus this week.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
She's alright.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
What do people do, exactly, when they go on hiatus for 3 months around December?

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Meanwhile on Octopus Pie, we get the offhand but important reveal that Marek thought Hanna working with Will was a bad idea.

Sepherothic
Feb 8, 2003

I updated my comics with a new 20 page chapter -> http://theauroracycle.com/

Thanks to those who gave me a critique last time. Super helpful. Without addressing specific, yeah I agree I have lots to improve on, but that's kind of the point of doing the comic after all. If I was perfect at art and story, I'd go get paid for it.

Anyway, here's a sneak preview of the next chapter. It's going to have a zelda-inspired text-adventure flash game with some totally sweet music lined up for it. Tenatively released in two months, or less if things go smoothly.

It's been really fun to write because for the first time in 3 chapters I can really throw down huge chunks of background plot at one time.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Oh hey! Necropolis fixed its image scaling problem. When did that happen?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

A.o.D. posted:

What do people do, exactly, when they go on hiatus for 3 months around December?
gently caress.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I just rolled around in snow for a while.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Time for some recommendations.

First up:

Saint for Rent

The comic follows Saint and the people around him. Saint is the owner of an inn for Time Travelers. Watch as he deals with a surly Spanish man, a woman who is also a cat, various other time traveling oddities, and worst of all, his deadbeat brother. Uses gifs to great effect.

Also featuring kinda a Spanish man is our next one:

Sfeer Theory

In Sfeer Theory, we follow a man from fantasy Spain who works as a janitor for a college of psychic and telekinetic people because they won't let him attend as a student. There's also a revolution plot, but it hasn't been brought up that much. Overall, a very nice looking webcomic.

In other nice looking webcomics:

Quick$ilver

Quick$ilver is a comic about a genderqueer person living his life in a city under Vegas where all the sinful things got shuffled to. Living in the town are people with animal characteristics as well. Plays with its panel layouts to great effect.

I'm not sure the next one is really a webcomic, but it's on Hiveworks, so I'll talk about it anyway.

Spiddrelli

Spiddrelli is an animated web comic (?) following an old crime boss, his bodyguard, a doctor, a nurse with strange powers, and a one eyed man with even stranger powers and origins. Recently came back from a year long hiatus.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

A.o.D. posted:

Eat as much as physically possible, curl up in a ball, and sleep until Spring.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

A.o.D. posted:

Social, Family, and Work Obligations are sort of through the roof around that time of year... so it can be pretty tough to keep up with all of that if you're a single human being putting out work, instead of like, an entire business or something, with the ability to spread out workloads, etc. That's my serious answer.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!

A.o.D. posted:

Building up a backlog is one thing. Just getting ahead so you can keep the updates coming but also do other projects down the line.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
today in neokosmos: this might get grisly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Chill
Aug 29, 2006
New Bunny Meat.

This one is funny and not disturbing, so no worries:

• Locked thread