Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

CommunistPancake posted:

Lifehack: don't buy an expensive popcorn machine, just pop it the same way people have for literally centuries! Wow!

(except you can use any large enough pot instead of a wok)

My dad bought me one of those popcorn makers. The drat thing was so badly designed it shot red hot popped and unpopped kernels across the room at high speed. I wonder if my dad actually wanted to kill me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Rondette posted:

My dad bought me one of those popcorn makers. The drat thing was so badly designed it shot red hot popped and unpopped kernels across the room at high speed. I wonder if my dad actually wanted to kill me.

No, just torture.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

The $1.97 Chinese copy of that ladle linked here is going to end up being made of such soft plastic that it's unusable .

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Please do post your "sad melted Nessie" pics here, though.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

The $1.97 Chinese copy of that ladle linked here is going to end up being made of such soft plastic that it's unusable .
And carcinogenic/poisonous.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Subjunctive posted:

Please do post your "sad melted Nessie" pics here, though.

Will do!

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

CommunistPancake posted:

Lifehack: don't buy an expensive popcorn machine, just pop it the same way people have for literally centuries! Wow!

(except you can use any large enough pot instead of a wok)

How is this better than using an air popper?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Subjunctive posted:

"sad melted Nessie"

But enough about your genitalia.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Need to wake up and your alarm clock is broken? Just drink 1 glass of water at bedtime for every hour less than 10 you're planning on sleeping and you'll hopefully wake up on time to go pee.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Wanamingo posted:

The air popper has already been life hacked into a coffee roaster.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Wanamingo posted:

You don't have to own a machine that only has one function.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

amityville anus posted:

Need to wake up and your alarm clock is broken? Just drink 1 glass of water at bedtime for every hour less than 10 you're planning on sleeping and you'll hopefully wake up on time to go pee.

What size glass.

And so I drink 4 glasses if I want 6 hours?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I've got 1 dl glasses and 7 dl glasse. I guess I'll go with the largest ones.

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.

Rondette posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ps6mpuJuF54

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

1. Grow a huge mustache.
2. Swim in the ocean.
3. Filter feed on plankton.

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

1redflag posted:

You don't have to own a machine that only has one function.

I'm okay with that particular one-function device. I like popcorn a lot and that thing does it perfect every time without dirtying up a pan. Aire-popper is number two kitchen device right behind the oven.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Rondette posted:

What size glass.

And so I drink 4 glasses if I want 6 hours?

Yeah you drink 4 glasses of water if you want 6 hours of sleep. Fill however many you want with piss before you go to bed if you want to sleep in.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Danger Mahoney posted:

I'm okay with that particular one-function device. I like popcorn a lot and that thing does it perfect every time without dirtying up a pan. Aire-popper is number two kitchen device right behind the oven.

IMy enameled dutch oven makes some of the best popcorn I've ever had, quickly and easily. The air-popper I had as a kid didn't do nearly as good of a job (although it was from the seventies, so maybe the tech has improved?). To each his own, though.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

amityville anus posted:

Or wait until you hit middle age and you'll be getting up at least once to piss every night regardless.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
#catheterhax

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
#adultdiaperhax

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Is it okay to just use a chamber pot or have hipsters started using them?

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

I put a mic in a brass chamber pot when recording to get that eerie/old timey feel.

Sorry bro, hipsters ruined it already.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I put a mic in a brass chamber pot when recording to get that eerie/old timey feel.

Sorry bro, hipsters ruined it already.

Why do you record pee and/or poo sounds?

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Jerry Cotton posted:

Why do you record pee and/or poo sounds?

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Sure if you don't mind being saddled with a one-function device cluttering up youre bedroom

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
A chamberpot already has two uses by default, #1 or #2. Not to mention the burgeoning field of c pot hacks.

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

:burger: It's burgin' time! :burger:

Turn your boring chamberpot into a chamberbidet!

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I got my Nessie ladles today! I bought a bunch for my friends

They seem pretty sturdy but I haven't tested them in hot soup yet. How cute are they though..

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Life pro tip: 3000+ people agree that the real world is actually a cartoon
https://www.reddit.com/r/LifeProTips/comments/44nrrr/lpt_put_a_sticker_with_a_fake_pin_number_on_your/

E: what the gently caress? Life hack: diy surgery :nms:http://imgur.com/a/nbaTw:nms:

Added nms just in case "diy surgery" somehow is misleading

Sentient Data has a new favorite as of 16:39 on Feb 8, 2016

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.
Hi we joke here a lot on something awful dot com but it's time to talk about something serious.

Don't cut your body open looking for weird growths.

Dogfish
Nov 4, 2009
My favourite part is that buddy is using a bent sewing needle, fishing line, grubby old pliers...and a single-use sterile scalpel. One of those things is not like the others.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Please, please do not click that link if you are squeamish, that is :nms: as gently caress, between graphic descriptions of how he did it and a picture of the removed tumor and DIY stitching.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I joke about performing surgery on myself using the knowledge gained from watching TV. But goddamn. :stare:

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Surgeons don't get paid to cut you open and cut stuff out. That's the easy part. The tricky bit is putting you back together again.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I had a friend who opened himself up with an ax (misadventure), rearranged the bits back in order with a carving knife (on purpose) and never went to the doctor's (likewise). When he eventually got massive infection he did, got told he was "an idiot", opened back up, cleaned out, put back together (correctly), and finally told again he was an idiot.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

There's a video on YouTube showing a woman doing self-surgery to remove a bullet. I'm not sure about linking it because it's incredibly painful to watch.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Karate Bastard posted:

I had a friend who opened himself up with an ax (misadventure), rearranged the bits back in order with a carving knife (on purpose) and never went to the doctor's (likewise). When he eventually got massive infection he did, got told he was "an idiot", opened back up, cleaned out, put back together (correctly), and finally told again he was an idiot.

Jesus Christ! :gonk: My dad did something similarly stupid, but nothing to compare with that. He once got a staple in the eyeball from a staple gun, pulled it out himself and "treated" it with Visine drops. Of course it got worse, and after we begged him in tears to go to a doctor, he did and got some proper treatment. Can't believe he didn't damage or lose his vision from that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Dogfish posted:

My favourite part is that buddy is using a bent sewing needle, fishing line, grubby old pliers...and a single-use sterile scalpel. One of those things is not like the others.

It looks like an actual surgical needle actually, we have those where I work.