Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Trump get stumped?
Yes
No
#FeelTheBern
Baby Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

the iowa caucuses own because the process is completely insane and results will be basically unknown for months, at which point they won't matter
it's basically Whose Line in real life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Fullhouse posted:

the iowa caucuses own because the process is completely insane and results will be basically unknown for months, at which point they won't matter

Yeah but exit polls?

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe

Fullhouse posted:

They also disenfranchise anyone who can't physically be at a certain place exactly by 7pm due to work, health issues, child issues, etc. Sorry folks!

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I'm a democrat rooting for Trump because gently caress Cruz.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

I am running in 2020 on a platform of keep the midwest out of our government. gently caress Iowa.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

SHISHKABOB posted:

Yeah but exit polls?

about as reliable as all the other polls from the past year, also lol at the idea of polling being remotely representative when

Emanuel Collective posted:

They also disenfranchise anyone who can't physically be at a certain place exactly by 7pm due to work, health issues, child issues, etc. Sorry folks!

also Iowa is literally a corny shithole and i'm pretty sure it'll be blizzarding there in a few hours so gently caress em

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Emanuel Collective posted:

This is my guess as to the cause of the most hilarity tonight. Trump supporters showing up late and not being let in. Also Trump supporters causing a giant ruckus when they've got to listen to all the boring procedure poo poo before they can make 'Merca great again.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Can campaigns bus in supporters to their Caucus location?

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Trump should've had goldshirts in front of every location to make sure only people willing to Make America Great Again are allowed in

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Yes.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

how is iowa's ue rate 3.4%?

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Jerusalem posted:

They rang up the Clinton County Republican Chairwoman at like 1am in the morning to get results for that county because they were so desperate to call a winner between Romney and Santorum. I don't think it is included in this video, but not long afterwards (presumably in response to calls/twitter etc from viewers) Wolf suddenly speaks up to say,"And I just want to... I just want to assure our viewers that CNN did NOT force Edith Pfeffer to get out of bed to give us the Clinton County results."

Iowa was a beautiful disaster in 2012.

Oh, the memories... :wow:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
With the Trump bloodfeud going on, will Fox be the most entertaining network to watch?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
The year is 2020, and Wolf Blitzer was just arrested for kidnapping the families of Republican officials in Iowa and threatening to kill them if they did not receive exclusive breaking news caucus results.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Slaughterhouse-Ive posted:

Trump should've had goldshirts in front of every location to make sure only people willing to Make America Great Again are allowed in

Mike Tyson can lead a crew of MMA fighters and boxers who's job is to knock out all the caucus goers and stack them in the Trump corner like cordwood.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

BGrifter posted:

Mike Tyson can lead a crew of MMA fighters and boxers who's job is to knock out all the caucus goers and stack them in the Trump corner like cordwood.

Just wait till Nevada, my friend. Dana White and Mike Tyson gonna lead the state to the promised golden land of gently caress you got mine punchmen.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Logikv9 posted:

The year is 2020, and Wolf Blitzer was just arrested for kidnapping the families of Republican officials in Iowa and threatening to kill them if they did not receive exclusive breaking news caucus results.

John Kasich also took hostages in a last ditch effort to get ANY votes. Unfortunately for him, he was located by law enforcement easily when he couldn't help but mention Ohio in his ransom letter.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I'm a democrat rooting for Trump because gently caress Cruz.

They're all so bad, I can't decide. I don't want Trump's platform to gain any real traction, but strategically he might be who I want to root for?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib
Not sure if they're livestreaming like they did for the LA Gov election, but the AoSDDHQ site is by far my favorite place to watch results come in: http://www.decisiondeskhq.com//

If they're not livestreaming guess I have to deal with CNBC :(

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

BUG JUG posted:

I am running in 2020 on a platform of keep the midwest out of our government. gently caress Iowa.

Running against Kanye? Well the no butt stuff thing might hurt his numbers but I don't know if I'd take the risk

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

If the supporter in question is registered in that precinct, I think so. That's why the Bernie campaign was talking about giving college kids rides back home so they could caucus, then taking them back to school.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
Is Karl Rove's fat rear end still on Fox? I am hoping for another melt down.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I think Bernie sanders will lose by a slim margin, with women who don't care much about politics until the last moment being the deciding factor.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Former Rep. Mike Rogers said on CNN that he has been speaking to people on the ground in Iowa and they have “never had so many calls” from new voters asking about where they have to go to caucus. He said “if that continues and they actually show up, it’s going to be a Trump night.” He added that Cruz has organized reliable conservative voters across the state and it will be hard for anybody to beat Cruz’s ground game.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Some conspicuous absences here. Maybe they're using Bing.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/SebastianEPayne/status/694268598265651201

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

How do I watch CNN, Fox, and MSNBC all at the same time? :negative:

Or should I be watching another channel?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

That's a knock-off Make America Great Again hat. :colbert:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

You know, it's probably a good thing that the GOP has a secret ballot for their caucusing. Someone would probably shoot someone for voting for the wrong guy if they didn't.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Josh Lyman posted:

I have it on CNN because I'm still an idiot who has vague memories of it once being an actual news channel, but I'll be keeping an eye on C-Span when I can to hopefully get some of that phone-in goodness with the unflappable hosts.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I'm glad the poll still shows Baby Hitler in the lead. Baby Hitler hasn't lost a poll yet, unless he wasn't included. That was because those threads were unfair, totally unfair.

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

Al-Saqr posted:

I think Bernie sanders will lose by a slim margin, with women who don't care much about politics until the last moment being the deciding factor.

I don't think anyone who doesn't care that much about politics is going to turn up to a caucus.

Okonner
Dec 11, 2008

by exmarx

Fullhouse posted:

@midnight would be the reference for non-olds here, by the way.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Josh Lyman posted:

How do I watch CNN, Fox, and MSNBC all at the same time? :negative:

ha scrub, when the caucus start I'm watching those and cspan simultaneously

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Donald Trump is currently sitting at 68% on Predictwise to win Iowa.

Cruz is at 27%
Rubio at 8%

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich

I'm about 85% sure he is trolling. If he mentioned THE WALL, I'd bump that up to 100%.

edit: he is probably still going to vote for him, to complete the troll

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

UrbicaMortis posted:

I don't think anyone who doesn't care that much about politics is going to turn up to a caucus.

Elections are rarely about the issues, we just have to look back to 08 to see an obvious example-- polling clearly showed Obama's appeal as the first black president to be strongly appealing to many voters. They've done many studies on this, and the overall conclusion is pretty depressing to any wonk; the vast majority of voters act on pretty much everything but a solid understanding of the candidates positions on important issues. Never underestimate the power of identity politics in branding, and that's what makes people come out.

As for tonight: Bernie just isn't getting the numbers he needs to overcome the caucus effects- Hillary for the Dems and Trump, Cruz, Rubio on the Repbulican side.

tsa has issued a correction as of 00:21 on Feb 2, 2016

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Got SA on one screen, Tweetdeck on the second, and MSNBC streaming on the third. A bottle of wine and a Long Trail beer variety pack. Let's do this! :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Montasque posted:

Donald Trump is currently sitting at 68% on Predictwise to win Iowa.

Cruz is at 27%
Rubio at 8%

So tempting to scoop some Cruz argh.

• Locked thread