Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

CaptBushido posted:

the victim exited his astonishing mechanical carriage only to be struck upon by the uncanny viciousness of some sort of powderlessly expunged projectile

More like "What the gently caress is Oregon and when did that become a thing!?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

size1one posted:

Kangaroo court orders the arrest of people involved in the ambush of Lavoy

I don't think it really needs said at this point, but those "orders" stand a real chance of inspiring someone to do something really stupid.

Hell I'll be frank, those orders carry the weight of law in the minds of the militia and if that Kangaroo court fingers someone as a suspect/culprit/person of interest then that person and their family would be well advised to leave town. And the odds of anyone getting singled out by the Kangaroo court being actually involved in some way are pretty low, but that won't matter the tiniest bit.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

1stGear posted:

The only person in Oregon who was willing to die for the militia's ideology did so.

thats why i said "maybe" I have a feeling he is more likely to surrender/shoot himself.

Prester Jane posted:

Yeah the militia is looking for a fight, any fight, and right now they are content to scream at the local residents, which they will certainly convince themselves are crisis actors of some sort. The longer this goes on (especially if the militia stays for multiple days) the higher the chance of something stupid occurring.

At this point a militia member could open fire on the residents and it would be blamed on agent provocateurs and result in a shitload more unhinged people acting out.

This is actually not a good thing. Normal people eventually blow off steam, get tired, and go home. Narrativists only get angrier the longer they have a visible enemy front to rally against. The local residents will ture, the Narrativists are going to work themselves into a rage that will smolder for days at the very least.

I really really really hope this calms down soon. Video of this protest is very likely enough to increase the militia presence in and of itself, even if nothing happens.

The militia's are also going to Internet detective the counter protestors and if they find one out-of-towner or one federal employee (or someone that vaguely resembles a federal employee) it will be a propaganda coup for them.

have more militias shown up in town? it seems to me that its just going to be these 4 dipshits and they will either be arrested(most likely.) kill themselves and tourch the place(somewhat likely) or attack the cops and die(less likely) i think the millitants have their martyr in tarpman and will use that. plus they have trump and cruz running in the presidency.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

CaptBushido posted:

loooool at "a flying apparatus called a drone"

they seriously are role playing as colonial gentry when they write poo poo like this

'I say, Stanley, what are you doing on that "drone" apparatus?"

'Some chaps are going to bushwhack a ruffian and I'm to record it on this "video tape" here.'

'Jolly exciting stuff. Well, see you back at the federal clubhouse.'

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Dapper_Swindler posted:

thats why i said "maybe" I have a feeling he is more likely to surrender/shoot himself.

have more militias shown up in town? it seems to me that its just going to be these 4 dipshits and they will either be arrested(most likely.) kill themselves and tourch the place(somewhat likely) or attack the cops and die(less likely) i think the millitants have their martyr in tarpman and will use that. plus they have trump and cruz running in the presidency.

200 militia members are currently in the third hour of a shouting match with about 300 local residents on the steps of the Burns courthouse. There are substantially more militia members in Burns at present than there was during the peak of the refuge occupation.

Edit: Judge from the Kangaroo court sent out a letter to the Oregon Speaker of the House demanding the FBI be removed by 5pm tommorrow. The final line is "Time is of the essence as this is a matter of life and death."

https://mobile.twitter.com/jason_a_w/status/694283485473673217

Prester Jane fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Feb 1, 2016

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
On the FBI from that letter: "These men are employed by the French Banking Cartel known as the International Monetary Fund, which is an agency of the United Nations."

What kind of a response do they expect, exactly?

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
http://www.oregonlaws.org/ors/162.355

Felonies here, got some hot and fresh felonies here, getcher felonies here.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

NewMars posted:

On the FBI from that letter: "These men are employed by the French Banking Cartel known as the International Monetary Fund, which is an agency of the United Nations."

haha, I knew the french were behind this all along :france:

Lavoy FInnicium est mort.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Prester Jane posted:

200 militia members are currently in the third hour of a shouting match with about 300 local residents on the steps of the Burns courthouse. There are substantially more militia members in Burns at present than there was during the peak of the refuge occupation.

Edit: Judge from the Kangaroo court sent out a letter to the Oregon Speaker of the House demanding the FBI be removed by 5pm tommorrow. The final line is "Time is of the essence as this is a matter of life and death."

https://mobile.twitter.com/jason_a_w/status/694283485473673217

gently caress. when did i miss this. i have been buys the last 2 days with birthday stuff. last i heard it was kylo renn and fat dude and fat wife, vebaly threating people on camera and people jokeing about how no new militants would come. what happened in the last 2 days.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Prester Jane posted:

I don't think it really needs said at this point, but those "orders" stand a real chance of inspiring someone to do something really stupid.

Hell I'll be frank, those orders carry the weight of law in the minds of the militia and if that Kangaroo court fingers someone as a suspect/culprit/person of interest then that person and their family would be well advised to leave town. And the odds of anyone getting singled out by the Kangaroo court being actually involved in some way are pretty low, but that won't matter the tiniest bit.

Now that they've got someone to make into a martyr, the're just itching for an excuse to join the fight against ...well, basically anyone. Bundy's hangers-ons may be mostly neutered, but the loonies crawling out of the woodwork now may foreshadow something big happening. The months until and after the elections will likely drive some of them completely over the edge until they become somewhat competent terrorists.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

gently caress. when did i miss this. i have been buys the last 2 days with birthday stuff. last i heard it was kylo renn and fat dude and fat wife, vebaly threating people on camera and people jokeing about how no new militants would come. what happened in the last 2 days.

I guess it was only a matter of time before the zealots started coming now that they have a body to "avenge".

Geostomp fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Feb 2, 2016

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Dapper_Swindler posted:

These are all the people scraped together to go "support" the remaining 4 and go crazy

I don't have a solution exactly but the government probably needs to find a way to come down hard on these people, especially the ones calling for the arrest of government employees and poo poo like that.

e: I don't mean direct confrontation but basically all of these people should be arrested at some point

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Dapper_Swindler posted:

This all happened in the last 6 hours.

The "LaVoy was surrendering" narrative is strong with dumb people. LaVoy was trying to shoot somebody.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
The main actor here is Brandon Curtiss, who appears to be controlling/representing the Pacific Patriots Network and the III%, two lagrge, separate, but heavily overlapping militia groups in the region. He was behind the original nonviolent Hammond protest, and he smells another opportunity for media coverage and personal aggrandizement.

Note the use of "Go Home FBI" banners. They're actively trying to spin/convert the local sentiment on the occupation.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

theflyingorc posted:

This all happened in the last 6 hours.

The "LaVoy was surrendering" narrative is strong with dumb people. LaVoy was trying to shoot somebody.

ok. so is it just to protest the FBI for shooting a dude clearly going for his gun. are they going to try to break ammon out? are they armed.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Utilities cut off. https://m.fark.com/goto/9019380/katu.com/news/local/bundy-repeats-call-for-occupiers-to-leave-reports-of-cut-power-internet%3Futm_so

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

My facebook feed is split down the middle of 'idiots saying LaVoy was innocent lets kill all the Burns FBI' and 'idiots saying every one of the sovcits should have been put down like LaVoy'.

How do I deal with people unironically advocating that they hope these 200 supporters end up shiooting tons of people, so we can start fearing white people properly, it's just like...

It's like a bizzaro hellscape where my liberal friends are the insane ones this time [okay no, both sides are insane on my facebook]

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

With the coming nutbag horde, I guess the Feds want this thing to end so they don't give them another rallying point.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

About time.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
From the bundy ranch facebook, via jj macnab's twitter.

We the people of Harney county,

Signed,

Cliven Bundy

Internet to the World

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

KittyEmpress posted:

My facebook feed is split down the middle of 'idiots saying LaVoy was innocent lets kill all the Burns FBI' and 'idiots saying every one of the sovcits should have been put down like LaVoy'.

How do I deal with people unironically advocating that they hope these 200 supporters end up shiooting tons of people, so we can start fearing white people properly, it's just like...

It's like a bizzaro hellscape where my liberal friends are the insane ones this time [okay no, both sides are insane on my facebook]

i am mixed. i would rather have the ringleaders arrested. but if they did go nuts and shoot up a building or into a crowed. then i am fine with them getting slaughtered. and its not for some stupid tumblr reason like "hur dur they are whites" its more that most of them are nuts and i would love to see it nipped in the bud and discouraged.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Not sure if that's going to do much, apart from the loss of internet. They've already been spending their lives outside.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Cliven Bundy, known Harney County resident.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc
im the misspelled name of the reserve

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

Signed,

Cliven Bundy

Internet to the World

seems he doubled down. does this bring cliven into the realm of criminal charges yet?

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Discendo Vox posted:

Signed,

Cliven Bundy

Internet to the World

Misspelled "Malheur" of course. That's how you can tell it's legit.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Dapper_Swindler posted:

seems he doubled down. does this bring cliven into the realm of criminal charges yet?

yeah, the only smart thing Cliven did the first time was that he primarily angered the BLM

playing chicken with the FBI makes you, basically, Tarpman

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
I'm impressed. For a sovcit "notice", that's actually quite lucid.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Cliven is mad he didn't get the conspiracy charge too.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit
As I predicted, the local residents are running out of Steam and the militants are only gaining in strength and audacity.

https://mobile.twitter.com/CarissaWolf/status/694294370959360000
https://mobile.twitter.com/CarissaWolf/status/694293389173460992

Edit: Take the edge off with some delightful shaudenfruede.https://mobile.twitter.com/Karimala1/status/694291804661747712

Prester Jane fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Feb 2, 2016

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

eviltastic posted:

I'm impressed. For a sovcit "notice", that's actually quite lucid.

It's worth emphasizing that the Bundy family come to sovcit from the outside vie their sagebrush rebellion motivations, and thus aren't accompanied by most of its zanier trappings. That insane influence comes from their hangers-on. The Bundys themselves are some of the saner, more rational, more self-interested actors in the movement- which is of course part of what makes them particularly dangerous as leaders.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Feb 2, 2016

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Prester Jane posted:

As I predicted, the local residents are running out of Steam and the militants are only gaining in strength and audacity.

https://mobile.twitter.com/CarissaWolf/status/694294370959360000
https://mobile.twitter.com/CarissaWolf/status/694293389173460992

Edit: Take the edge off with some delightful shaudenfruede.https://mobile.twitter.com/Karimala1/status/694291804661747712

God i hope they dont try something awful like a takeover.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Man this sucks for the people of Burns. Usually in the Spring we stop on town while driving west. I almost want to avoid the place this year just so they don't have to deal with me.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

chitoryu12 posted:

Not sure if that's going to do much, apart from the loss of internet. They've already been spending their lives outside.

They were taking a bunch of calls as well, at least before the weekend, both from some guy trying to negotiate on their behalf as well as other nuts telling them that people were trying to set them up to get shot, etc. I imagine there's a great deal of boredom and paranoia out there right now. Good that they and the protesting militants can't communicate with each other and rile each other up.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Dapper_Swindler posted:

God i hope they dont try something awful like a takeover.

I dunno, but the town needs to get some re-enforcements for law enforcement to keep this from becoming a riot.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Geostomp posted:

I dunno, but the town needs to get some re-enforcements for law enforcement to keep this from becoming a riot.

probaly. are they just angry protesters or are they like actually armed.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Kazak_Hstan posted:

http://www.oregonlaws.org/ors/162.355

Felonies here, got some hot and fresh felonies here, getcher felonies here.

A Class C Felony in Oregon is punishable by up to 5 years in prison and/or up to$125,000 in fines.

What's the facebook page? Facebook.com/robe...

William Bear fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Feb 2, 2016

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Dapper_Swindler posted:

They're paranoid militia shitbags. What do you think?

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Knowing them, some bringing their favorite "methods of persuasion" is highly likely.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Subterfrugal posted:

Man this sucks for the people of Burns. Usually in the Spring we stop on town while driving west. I almost want to avoid the place this year just so they don't have to deal with me.

There's something almost impossibly perfect about a gang of people claiming to respect the primacy of the constitution and the local democratic process destroying the fabric of a small town through their unwanted belligerence and lack of respect for the wishes of the locals. I wouldn't be surprised if the small town feel is gone forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

NewMars posted:

The serious answer is that they expect it to inspire fear in the government because they are proving that they see right through the conspiracy, also this will embolden their followers who will see such a public declaration of the "truth" as a brave act. For those who have read my Authoritarians thread this is an example of what I call an Inner Narrative.

Edit: At the protest sidearms are being Open Carried. The militia asked it's members to leave long rifles "outside of the community", which means the big guns are all in their trunks for the time being.

This is now a more potentially dangerous situation than the occupation, as there are about triple the number of militants, and they are not centralized in the refuge but scattered around the surrounding area. If the FBI had to deploy in force again they are going to need more than the 150 armoured vehicles they used last time as the militia will keep themselves much more spread out.

Prester Jane fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Feb 2, 2016

• Locked thread