Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

If the evangelicals can't even deliver Iowa for Cruz or the GOPe, they're loving done as a block to pander to

Going to be fun seeing the current leaders try to ape political influence for donations while they're wholly ignored by both sides

I mean I guess they could embrace Jesus instead of Paul and work with the Democrats to better the lives of the meeHAHA ha oh man I almost got to the end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

Reminds me of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FnmnuDiVno

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Isn't there something about how this isn't how probability actually works when it comes to predictions based on polling?
Like in 2012, 538 gave Romney a 10% chance to win the general, which Nate Silver later said "Was the probability that all the statistical evidence was wrong," and that comparing Romney's chances to a roll of a ten-sided die was a gross oversimplification.

It's not prediction based on polling, it's prediction based on all the information the bettors have. But yes, it is making the questionable assumption that they're competent.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer
It's not like he can see his feet.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Those don't look mismatched to me.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

OctoberBlues posted:

They either don't understand it at all or they understand it way too much and get all snooty like they've earned the right.

edit: also, Trump winning Iowa is at -310 on 5dimes right now, Hillary is only at -305... Hmm.

Feeling real good about my "not Cruz" +190.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Jewel Repetition posted:

Those don't look mismatched to me.

I was going to say this too but probably we're just too uncouth to notice that they're from different parts of Italy or something and some fashionita will have a meltdown

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer
They're the grey and blue versions of the same model, but they're different nonetheless.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I have never been jealous of a forums user before, but that has changed. If I had known that the third best name, behind GOD and Jesus of course were still available I would have changed my name and avatar. I know how to make deals, I just send Lowtax like 15 bux, BING! BING! done. Donald Trump is a great guy though, I like him, one of our best posters.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Michael Corleone posted:

I have never been jealous of a forums user before, but that has changed. If I had known that the third best name, behind GOD and Jesus of course were still available I would have changed my name and avatar. I know how to make deals, I just send Lowtax like 15 bux, BING! BING! done. Donald Trump is a great guy though, I like him, one of our best posters.

He's the single best poster, with Joementum a close second.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
I wish I had bought the Donald Trump forums account a couple of years ago instead of Chris Christie. WELP.

On the other hand, forums user Donald Trump is doing a great job. The best job.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Boosted_C5 posted:

I wish I had bought the Donald Trump forums account a couple of years ago instead of Chris Christie. WELP.

Wait, you were Chris Christie?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

I was going to say this too but probably we're just too uncouth to notice that they're from different parts of Italy or something and some fashionita will have a meltdown

Italy doesn't make sucks you loving plebe

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Boosted_C5 posted:

:chanpop:

Donald Trump
Jan 31, 2016

by exmarx
I go to Saudi Arabia, I go to Dubai; I am doing big jobs in Dubai. I go to various different places. I go to China. They are building a bridge on every corner. They have bridges that make the George Washington Bridge like small time stuff. They're building the most incredible things you have ever seen. They are building airports in Qatar--which they like to say "cutter" but I've always said "qatar" so I'll keep it "qatar" what the hell. So we have to rebuild. And we will. But the one game changer that we have to be careful with, that we never really had to think about too much before, other than a certain number of years ago, is the nuclear. Nuclear today, it's not like soldiers in uniforms shooting rifles. You can take out the East Coast of this country, you can take out large sections of the Midwest, you can take out things that were unthinkable. The power. And we have to be in a position where that never, ever, ever, ever happens. We've never had this before.

Donald Trump fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Feb 2, 2016

Yudo
May 15, 2003

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Isn't there something about how this isn't how probability actually works when it comes to predictions based on polling?
Like in 2012, 538 gave Romney a 10% chance to win the general, which Nate Silver later said "Was the probability that all the statistical evidence was wrong," and that comparing Romney's chances to a roll of a ten-sided die was a gross oversimplification.

He is, I think, giving a bad and misleading definition of statistical significance. Like everything in frequentist statistics: easy to calculate, but potentially difficult to interpret or explain.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

Sono posted:

What the hell have they pissed away $400 million on?

Downticket elections. State houses and Senates.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Fat crazy man really doesn't like trump

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

David Brooks stuttering all over PBS is very gratifying

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Jewel Repetition posted:

That's still not a completely secure position though. If you want to understand why, flip two coins. If both are tails, Trump loses.

Just did this and got tails twice, looks like trump NO is a safe bet

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

blue squares posted:

How can Trump have a son that looks like that and a daughter like Ivanka

His sons presumably didn't see the need to have plastic surgery.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Ivor Biggun posted:

His sons presumably didn't see the need to have plastic surgery.

eric should have at least had someone look at his tragic case of "rear end in a top hat face"

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Aliquid posted:

David Brooks stuttering all over PBS is very gratifying

The David Brooks types (I think there are only three: David Frum, William F Buckley Jr) are really ships without a port.
Can't find a home in the GOP, won't consider a home with the Dems.

It's a sight to behold.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

yeah, he is done. who else do you think is going to quit/burn out tonight/tomorrow.

Donald Trump
Jan 31, 2016

by exmarx

Very weak. Carson - you're fired.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Subvisual Haze posted:

Mark Levin has been complaining about how Iowa and the other initial states are small and don't matter and the all the nation needs to vote to decide on the true nominee.

I wonder what this implies about Ted Cruz's chances tonight as perceived by Master Shake?

I swear, Levin is loosing his poo poo.

His whole thing about, "I'm a constitutionalist that loves the constitution so much that we have to rewrite it to save it" is
some major league bullshit.

gently caress Levin and Cruz forever.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah, he is done. who else do you think is going to quit/burn out tonight/tomorrow.

Santorum and Huckabee?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Santorum and Huckabee?
Hopefully Fiorina too.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I still don't understand how we need to make America great again. All in all we're doing pretty well.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/bencjacobs/status/694333053380882432

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

radical meme posted:

I swear, Levin is loosing his poo poo.

His whole thing about, "I'm a constitutionalist that loves the constitution so much that we have to rewrite it to save it" is
some major league bullshit.

gently caress Levin and Cruz forever.

Really tempted to start trolling people on the right saying this with something to the effect of, 'so what you're saying is some sort of national institution needs to dictate how the states vote to represent themselves? some centralized federal power over the states, maybe?'

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Brannock posted:

Lips that look like two worms loving, blonde, astonishingly rich, incest rumors swirling around his family...

We have our very own Joffrey

I thought that was Ramsay Snow, the lips thing. Looking forward to a Ramsay/Reek relationship with Trump/Cruz, only Cruz is the bastard of the north and Trump is the heir to a great house, nay, a yooge house

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/BobbyBigWheel/status/694339202096431104

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
Rubio is killing it on this live ballot counting on msnbc

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Do I buy these cheap trump.no's, do I do it

they're probably already gone

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Flavahbeast posted:

Do I buy these cheap trump.no's, do I do it

they're probably already gone

The coins have spoken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I forget, is Iowa winner take all on either side?

edit: it is not

The Chad Jihad fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Feb 2, 2016

• Locked thread