Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Is there a way to see all of someone's comments on a specific kickstarter? All I can find is a way to see all of someone's comments forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

I'll probably back AW, although I already have a (signed!) print copy.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

boom boom boom posted:

Is there a way to see all of someone's comments on a specific kickstarter? All I can find is a way to see all of someone's comments forever.

I guess have the browser show all the comments and then ctrl-f their name.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Well, click clack lumberjack finally arrived today, which is a plus. Negatives: all of my add-ons are missing except the golden axe; everything except the box is still branded Toc Toc Woodman, which makes it all the stranger that this was delayed nearly six months. The box also isn't really great for reusability.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
The Heroines in Sensible Shoes KS has 48 hours left. I want to back it for ideological reasons but the faces are just hideous.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
My AW copy is dogeared like hell, so I could use another!

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
As superficial as it is, art plays a big role for me if I buy an table top rpg too. I'm primarily looking for a creative backstory and the art usually makes it or breaks it.

At least in recent times. White wolf books have hilarious art.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Expansion to Aetherium! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1648780792/aetherium-house-ikaru/description

This plus 100 for the base game gets you three factions for full games.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Millenium Blades posted an unboxing video (it's unlisted otherwise I'd link it here), and I'm not sure if giant wads of cash instead of like, poker chips or whatever is a good idea or a great idea. Also, that insert is super disappointing. It didn't look like there were any dividers for the cards...

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

GrandpaPants posted:

Millenium Blades posted an unboxing video (it's unlisted otherwise I'd link it here), and I'm not sure if giant wads of cash instead of like, poker chips or whatever is a good idea or a great idea. Also, that insert is super disappointing. It didn't look like there were any dividers for the cards...

I am super hype for this anyway. Having played it the wads worked fine in play, they feel nice to throw around, though it doesn't help with the fact that Millennium Blades probably swallows more table space than Argent does, which is no mean feat.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

The box insert looks super terrible. His comment about grabbing an actual card box is both a good one, and a shameful one. Though I'm not going to poo poo on him too much for insert design. Looking at my large collection of games, the vast majority have terrible inserts.

The wads of cash are going to be great though. I hope the game will be decent too.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Alien Rope Burn posted:

I am super hype for this anyway. Having played it the wads worked fine in play, they feel nice to throw around, though it doesn't help with the fact that Millennium Blades probably swallows more table space than Argent does, which is no mean feat.

This is why I have a 4x8 conference table in my house

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Alien Rope Burn posted:

it doesn't help with the fact that Millennium Blades probably swallows more table space than Argent does, which is no mean feat.

:negative:

Maaaan.

Hauki posted:

Well, click clack lumberjack finally arrived today, which is a plus. Negatives: all of my add-ons are missing except the golden axe; everything except the box is still branded Toc Toc Woodman, which makes it all the stranger that this was delayed nearly six months. The box also isn't really great for reusability.

Well that sucks. I ordered the Golden Bark and I didn't see it on the shipping list that they sent...

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Cleanse them. Cleanse the world of their ignorance and sin. Bathe them in the crimson of ... am I on speakerphone?
Fun Shoe

The General posted:

The box insert looks super terrible. His comment about grabbing an actual card box is both a good one, and a shameful one. Though I'm not going to poo poo on him too much for insert design. Looking at my large collection of games, the vast majority have terrible inserts.

Nearly every Lv99 game has had some pretty atrocious box design (I particularly hated the folders from Battlecon: Devastation that were too big to actually fit anywhere), but after PT Deluxe, I was really hoping he'd learned some lessons. This is a huge step backwards (reminds me off FFG's one-size-fits-all "trough" design), and suggesting right off the bat for people to spend an extra $20 or so just to get everything stored does feel insulting.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

GrandpaPants posted:

:negative:

Maaaan.

Well that sucks. I ordered the Golden Bark and I didn't see it on the shipping list that they sent...

Some guy who may or may not be in some way associated with the project is posting in the comments and saying that they had a shipping delay or something on the other exclusives and chose to mail out what they had, with a follow-up shipment of the rest. Claims they still have all the info. regarding whatever backers are currently missing add-ons. I think he's posted more today than anyone from Mayday has in the entire history of the project.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Vitamin P posted:

The Heroines in Sensible Shoes KS has 48 hours left. I want to back it for ideological reasons but the faces are just hideous.

so your stance against the objectification of women in miniatures ends just before the "no uggos" point? got it

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

so your stance against the objectification of women in miniatures ends just before the "no uggos" point? got it

They're bad minis, even if they do have their midriffs covered

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

i think it's more the fact that they all look like alien grays.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

They look about as bad as heroclix or wotc minis.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
what's wrong with more orc minis?

Xom
Sep 2, 2008

文化英雄
Fan of Britches

Xom posted:

I'm demoing Codex, a MtG-like "RTS cardgame" launching on Kickstarter later this week, at Red Rock Coffee in Mountain View today at 2–6 PM local time. (Saturday, Jan. 30)

EDIT: We're done. I'll be back for Tuesday boardgame night, 6–9 PM. (Tuesday, Feb. 2)
aaahhh I got sniped I'm backer #2 now :argh:

Anyway here's Codex.

Xom fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Feb 2, 2016

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Cleanse them. Cleanse the world of their ignorance and sin. Bathe them in the crimson of ... am I on speakerphone?
Fun Shoe

I was curious to see what his "fog of war" mechanic was, and it turns out it's literally just "your opponent doesn't know what's in your hand".

He mentions RTS' several times, but it's disappointing he never mentions Mage Wars, where the entire Codex concept is lifted wholesale from.

Xom
Sep 2, 2008

文化英雄
Fan of Britches

InShaneee posted:

He mentions RTS' several times, but it's disappointing he never mentions Mage Wars, where the entire Codex concept is lifted wholesale from.
Codex steals liberally from many things, but the binders were designed well before Mage Wars was demo'd at cons in 2011.

EDIT:

InShaneee posted:

I was curious to see what his "fog of war" mechanic was, and it turns out it's literally just "your opponent doesn't know what's in your hand".
IMHO it's more like you're forced to cast Long-Term Plans* every turn.

Xom fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Feb 2, 2016

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
How long until the $200 deluxe edition is obsolete?

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Fun Shoe

Xom posted:

Codex steals liberally from many things, but the binders were designed well before Mage Wars was demo'd at cons in 2011.

I don't mean to call you out specifically, but do you have any reference to that? From a quick google search, I can't find Sirlin making any reference to concrete Codex mechanics any earlier than 2013.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
Man, I was pretty hyped for Codex, but that retarded Sirlin pricing schemes for games that will get errataed in two years. :sigh:

Xom
Sep 2, 2008

文化英雄
Fan of Britches

InShaneee posted:

I don't mean to call you out specifically, but do you have any reference to that? From a quick google search, I can't find Sirlin making any reference to concrete Codex mechanics any earlier than 2013.
I don't have any chatlogs earlier than April 2011, but binders are mentioned within the first week of what I have. Mage Wars was demo'd at Origins in June 2011 and GenCon in August 2011.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
The art style and design is all over the loving place in Codex. And not in a Magic different planes/sets sort of way, but in a "I have no idea what sort of theme or style he's going for, it looks like an anime threw up all over the place and some random deviantart searches were thrown in too". Looking into it a bit more, I'd be happy to at least give it a try, but jesus its so ugly.

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

Also the theme is all over the place. After all, there's the famed trinity of ninja deck types: strength, discipline, and...ninjitsu.

It just isn't coherent at all.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Lichtenstein posted:

Man, I was pretty hyped for Codex, but that retarded Sirlin pricing schemes for games that will get errataed in two years. :sigh:

He also has a level charging $80 for 800 sleeves. You can get 800 FFG Greys for $50, and they're not particularly cheap.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.

Andarel posted:

Also the theme is all over the place. After all, there's the famed trinity of ninja deck types: strength, discipline, and...ninjitsu.

It just isn't coherent at all.

But...But... Fruit Ninja Tyrannosaurus XD

[edit] Or should I say Le Ninja????

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Otisburg posted:

i think it's more the fact that they all look like alien grays.

To be fair, I have some minis from their previous Kickstarters and the faces look a lot better when painted.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

What's the prevailing opinion on Vinhos?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Ropes4u posted:

What's the prevailing opinion on Vinhos?

Great designer, good game, lovely campaign. I have a signed copy reserved in case they sort out the shipping bullshit, but I fully expect to be pulling out.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Jedit posted:

Great designer, good game, lovely campaign. I have a signed copy reserved in case they sort out the shipping bullshit, but I fully expect to be pulling out.

$79 plus shipping is a little whack. Maybe I will back The Manhattan Project card game instead.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

Jedit posted:

Can you sum up what the lovely campaign thing is about? I hadn't heard of this but looking at it now has really piqued my interest and I need a nice new worker placement euro. Also is it just me or are there several wine-themed games that have come out in the last two years?

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

InShaneee posted:

Nearly every Lv99 game has had some pretty atrocious box design (I particularly hated the folders from Battlecon: Devastation that were too big to actually fit anywhere), but after PT Deluxe, I was really hoping he'd learned some lessons. This is a huge step backwards (reminds me off FFG's one-size-fits-all "trough" design), and suggesting right off the bat for people to spend an extra $20 or so just to get everything stored does feel insulting.

I was really hoping they'd bite the box design for Dominion

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I looked at Vinhos, but it's $41 to ship it to me. Then I checked it out on giochistarter.it and it's about $20 cheaper when I add everything together, so that's more acceptable to me. I'm not sure if the stretch goals are worth $20, but I don't really think they are.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Gravy Train Robber posted:

Can you sum up what the lovely campaign thing is about?

Calling addons stretch goals, charging shipping on them (since stopped, but too late to not have to refund everyone after the project), excessive shipping costs in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

Yello.

So, who remembers THIS goddamned thing? The 28mm Demons and Devils KS from... a few years ago now.

If you are one of the people that didn't receive your stuff, (... like yours truly) you may wanna check out the comments. Company went bankrupt, other people (Pacesetter Games & Simulations) bought it, and appear to be offering partial refunds to those that didn't, provided they speak up and show a screenshot.

I did, I guess I have nothing to lose?

Since it's pretty quiet (it was announces only on the comments section) I thought I'd share here.

• Locked thread