Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Trump get stumped?
Yes
No
#FeelTheBern
Baby Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
what the gently caress, trumpstaffel

after all that crap about his unstoppability, he takes second to the human slime mold?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

There's no god drat, loving, mother loving, poo poo, loving god drat loving way that Bernie wins.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

crowoutofcontext posted:

Remember when Obama won and he literally called for revolution?

obama didnt come close to losing popular vote either time lol

what a loser.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

Joementum posted:

His supporters did not caucus.

Can we say that?

Turnout so far at 80% reporting looks like 150,000+

It looks more like Cruz's organization, ground game, and data were all legit and he has outperformed his polling big time.

Can he do the same in NH or SC with huge trumps leads, in primary states and not caucuses, with nothing close to his Iowa organization?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

QuoProQuid posted:

Does Trump doing poorly tonight get his supporters to get off their laurels and vote in future primaries, or will Iowa completely deflate his support in favor of more well-organized campaigners, like Cruz?

Not the former, but maybe also not the latter. The next week is gonna be fun because Everyone Hates Ted.

RedQueen
Apr 21, 2007

It takes all the running you can do just to stay in the same place.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Emanuel Collective posted:

She's running her second straight awful campaign

By what metric are you judging this

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
ONE PERCENT!

#feelthebern

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

fknlo posted:

Source your quotes

um, the truth?????????????

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Captain Magic posted:

Isn't the logic of a statistical tie looking good for Bernie that he'll be taken that much more seriously and his message would get spread that much farther in the time between the next primary caucus/election?

I mean if Super Tuesday were tomorrow, absolutely, he's in trouble, but it's not.

no, sorry, that can't happen because... uh... Bros or something

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
/pol/ keeps spamming that Reagan and McCain lost in Iowa and saying Trump will still win.

I really can't tell at this point if they're being ironic or they really want him to win.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Is CNN rounding Rubio's numbers up and rounding Trump's down?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Logikv9 posted:

If Bernie can't win Iowa, he's hosed and this is exactly why.

Why are nh and Iowa first hmmm.

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

blue squares posted:

was the pause so I wouldthink "penis"?

It was more "babbling talking head" but you're welcome to interpret it in the funnier way!

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Pick posted:

Why are all you jerks harshing on Hillary? Hillary is going to be an awesome president.

a lot of gip dislikes her since if anyone in there did the same thing with classified info it would be their rear end in a sling

Improper Umlaut
Jun 8, 2009

axeil posted:

Becauae Iowa determines if candidates meet the minimal threshold for being viable. MOM, santorum, huckabee, fiorina and Carson are not.

I'm kind of surprised he didn't stick it out until NH. Surely he would do better there and if he's already put in the effort to campaign and get a ground game together.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Joementum posted:

His supporters did not caucus.

Wow shockingly the supporters of the literal carnival barker didn't show up. I am so so surprised.

Enjoying the trump and bernout tears tonight.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
You almost wonder if MOM would have dropped out before tonight if his supporters would have jumped in with Bernie

gently caress you, MOM

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
boosted_c5 im holding you personally responsible for this revolting development. if youd worn your hat like a big boy, maybe the political butterfly effect would have prevented this shameful display

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
1%! with Iowa City still out

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Joementum posted:

Extremely.

congratulations

Chromatic posted:

I thought Trump was polling extremely high in Iowa and winning there seemed like an inevitability.

What the gently caress happened?

votes happened! now we get to compare polling to real voting!

this is the first time that more than nothing has happened yet! it's so fun. now the data are somewhat less masturbatory and somewhat more relevant

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
How many Republicans will suspend their campaign in the next 24 hours

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
STUMPED STUMPED STUMPED STUMPED STUMPED STUMPED

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Captain Magic posted:

Isn't the logic of a statistical tie looking good for Bernie that he'll be taken that much more seriously and his message would get spread that much farther in the time between the next primary caucus/election?

I mean if Super Tuesday were tomorrow, absolutely, he's in trouble, but it's not.

Helps that he's gonna stomp face in New Hampshire too.

Honestly, anyone who thinks that people in New Hampshire will change their votes or not show up because Bernie lost to Hillary by less than a percent in Iowa is really daring to dream.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

a cop posted:

There's no god drat, loving, mother loving, poo poo, loving god drat loving way that Bernie wins.

:shlick:

:beerpal:

yessss

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

this is great

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
rubio's still gaining on trump oh my god

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I've read that table five times and it seems to be missing someone...

but who could it be!

Edit: I'm too drunk to read!

misdirectomy
Feb 19, 2008
Are we witnessing the beginning of The Stumpening?

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
It seems like out of all the people who were supporting longshots in the polls (Bush, Huckabee, Fiorina, etc), roughly half of them looked around when they walked in, saw no other supporters, and decided to vote for Cruz or Rubio.

Trump is nobody's 2nd choice, so he doesn't benefit from this change of heart

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Pakled posted:

How many Republicans will suspend their campaign in the next 24 hours

Christie drops after NH

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Emanuel Collective posted:

It'll be very interesting to see D&D next week when Sanders wins New Hampshire by 20 points

why? it will be surprising to noone who is following the polls.

DutchDupe
Dec 25, 2013

How does the kitty cat go?

...meow?

Very gooood.
So......Trump barely got second so far.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

a cop posted:

ain't over yet :unsmigghh:

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

a cop posted:

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I think its done for the GOP. Trump #2

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

EugeneJ posted:

You almost wonder if MOM would have dropped out before tonight if his supporters would have jumped in with Bernie

gently caress you, MOM

Surely 1% of the vote wouldn't have made a diff-oh.

In all seriousness, though, I suspect most O'Malley supports would have gone to Clinton.

Franco Potente
Jul 9, 2010
Rubio at 1.5% from Trump :shlick:

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

A win for Hillary is a win for Hillary, but a 49% showing for Bernie is a lot better than I think anyone expected him to do. I don't know how many people even knew who he was three months ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Carson's in fourth with 9.4% though???

Aw gently caress i thought he was in like 9th.

• Locked thread