Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Trump get stumped?
Yes
No
#FeelTheBern
Baby Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Is this actually the death of Trump? It feels more like winning Iowa would have been a terrifying upset, but if he makes a respectable showing and then goes on to win NH, a much more favorable state, he may still be a viable candidate, and coming in at 24% in Iowa is still way too many people turning out for him for me to be entirely comfortable calling it curtains. I guess it will largely depend on how he reacts.

It's kind of a similar story with Sanders. Sure, this isn't a good enough result for him if he's trying to win the primary, but if you go by the old assumption that he was running to push his ideas to the impending Hillary administration then getting a whole bunch of real voters to turn out in person seems like a good result.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

1.4% between Trump and Rubio now :vince:

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

EugeneJ posted:

I also just realized that Hillary winning by 1% would be ironic as gently caress

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fiction posted:

STUMPED STUMPED STUMPED STUMPED STUMPED STUMPED

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

trump got owned by "the only poll that counts". until the next few i guess

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Goetta posted:

So Huckabee and Carla are done after tonight right?

They already had an event scheduled for Huckabee to endorse Trump after NH. Wonder if that's getting cancelled

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Pakled posted:

How many Republicans will suspend their campaign in the next 24 hours

Please please please let us return Fiorina, Santorum, Huckabee, and Chris Christie to the depths of history from whence they came :pray:

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

Captain Magic posted:

Isn't the logic of a statistical tie looking good for Bernie that he'll be taken that much more seriously and his message would get spread that much farther in the time between the next primary caucus/election?

I mean if Super Tuesday were tomorrow, absolutely, he's in trouble, but it's not.

It's in a month. New Hampshire will be a boost, but I'm not expecting he'll do all that well in South Carolina or Nevada, which will dampen him for Super Tuesday. I'd be glad to be disproven, though!

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.
:siren: CNN REPORTING RUBIO IS 1% BEHIND TRUMP. SHADENFRUEDE POTENTIALLY IMMINENT. :siren:

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

:wow:

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

EugeneJ posted:

You almost wonder if MOM would have dropped out before tonight if his supporters would have jumped in with Bernie

gently caress you, MOM

They had a chance when he was non viable

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

squidgee posted:

Surely 1% of the vote wouldn't have made a diff-oh.

In all seriousness, though, I suspect most O'Malley supports would have gone to Clinton.

O'Malley opened his campaign by slamming Clinton and running to her left

I really doubt it

Martin O'Malley posted:

"Recently, the CEO of Goldman Sachs let his employees know that hed be just fine with either Bush or Clinton. I bet he would. Well, I've got news for the bullies of Wall Street, the presidency is not a crown to be passed back and forth by you between two royal families."

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

This is good news!! For Hillary!!!

mrs. nicholas sarkozy
Jan 1, 2006

~let me see ya bounce that bounce that~
I remember in 08 obama supporters went wingnut crazy against hillary. like people unironically posted from drudge. same thing happening this year. outside of white liberal dude internet enclaves hillary is a strong candidate hth

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Jerusalem posted:

Is CNN rounding Rubio's numbers up and rounding Trump's down?

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

this first indication that trump's support is many percentage points lower than his polling support is making me very happy. i wasn't willing to let myself hope for it

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Has anyone heard from Matt Drudge since O'Malley dropped out?

I'm worried for him :ohdear:

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe

A Neurotic Jew posted:

why? it will be surprising to noone who is following the polls.

ok so like 3 posters in this thread

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Christie won't leave till NH he basically moved out there and is putting it all on that state.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Did pundits actually expect Trump to win Iowa? I thought Cruz was to win Iowa and Trump was to win NH/SC.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Pakled posted:

How many Republicans will suspend their campaign in the next 24 hours

Trump, Paul, Kasich, Carson? Christie maybe

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Emanuel Collective posted:

It'll be very interesting to see D&D next week when Sanders wins New Hampshire by 20 points

Nah. Sanders will win NH and VT and possibly MA by a ton. If Hillary lost SC then you would see arzying

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

I COULDNT SELL MY HILLARY SHARES IF I WANTED TO THE SITE IS DOWN

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Voyager I posted:

Is this actually the death of Trump? It feels more like winning Iowa would have been a terrifying upset, but if he makes a respectable showing and then goes on to win NH, a much more favorable state, he may still be a viable candidate, and coming in at 24% in Iowa is still way too many people turning out for him for me to be entirely comfortable calling it curtains. I guess it will largely depend on how he reacts.

It's kind of a similar story with Sanders. Sure, this isn't a good enough result for him if he's trying to win the primary, but if you go by the old assumption that he was running to push his ideas to the impending Hillary administration then getting a whole bunch of real voters to turn out in person seems like a good result.

Trumps dead baby, Trumps dead.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Master Shake will be so loving happy

Yudo
May 15, 2003

I dunno if a crushed Trump is worth a smug as gently caress Cruz

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

squidgee posted:

:siren: CNN REPORTING RUBIO IS 1% BEHIND TRUMP. SHADENFRUEDE POTENTIALLY IMMINENT. :siren:

I'm pretty sure they're doing some rounding up/down respectively to make it look closer. I'm basing that on this site though.

misdirectomy
Feb 19, 2008

EugeneJ posted:

You almost wonder if MOM would have dropped out before tonight if his supporters would have jumped in with Bernie

gently caress you, MOM

You're asking if O'Malley's 0% support would have made a difference

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
11 delegates

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

squidgee posted:

naw, there's not enough left, no way, we couldn't be so lucky

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe
The evil Berniestans at MSNBC, CNN, and Fox really hitting home the "Dem Race is basically a tie" narrative

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

Voyager I posted:

this isnt even his second form

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Martin O'Malley may have inadvertently gotten a delegate at my caucus. There was a hair over 100 people, and the 3 O'Malley supporters were being pulled at from both sides, but ended up coming over to Bernie.

The reason, Bernouts discovered later, is because one of the three O'Malley supporters was promised a delegate slot (and they don't have to vote for Bernie if they don't want to). There were two delegates from each side, so it basically ended up Hillary 2, Bernie and O'Mentum 1 each. The best part: The O'Malley guy is a literal 17 year old.

Also, I'm going to the county convention as a delegate for Bernie! Gonna be dope.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Wait, poo poo did Trump get stumped!?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
im so loving conflicted

on one hand, trump loses, but ont he other, cruz wins

nnnnnnnghghhhh

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
MSNBC claims to have 99% of the GOP results with Trump leading Rubio by about ~2,000 votes. My Microsoft page is stuck at 80%, so who knows.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

Voyager I posted:

Exactly. Caucus + Cruz ground game + small lead in the polls + turnout was at least high

Going forward in NH and SC - Primaries + No Cruz Iowa Ground Game + LARGE Trump lead in polls. Only question is will high turnout repeat?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

mrs. nicholas sarkozy posted:

I remember in 08 obama supporters went wingnut crazy against hillary. like people unironically posted from drudge. same thing happening this year. outside of white liberal dude internet enclaves hillary is a strong candidate hth

The hate against her in here is super gross.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

I wonder who picked that dark green color for Rubio that blends into the background.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Joementum posted:

MSNBC claims to have 99% of the GOP results with Trump leading by about ~2,000 votes. My Microsoft page is stuck at 80%, so who knows.

What the..!?

• Locked thread