Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Trump get stumped?
Yes
No
#FeelTheBern
Baby Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Joementum posted:

He's got ~$22m cash on hand. There's no chance he's out before Super Tuesday.

(But he's going to get slaughtered on Super Tuesday.)

Yeah, and I don't see this going into an 08-style Clinton/Obama slugfest until the end (even though it was effectively over after Super Tuesday)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OrangeKing
Dec 5, 2002

They do play in October!

Republicans posted:

I think the classy thing for Hillary and Bernie to do is declare it a tie and share a dance in honor of Trump losing and Cruz winning.

The eventual winner (almost certainly Clinton, still) will probably sew up the election by doing this. Okay, it might actually show up in every GOP ad for the rest of the year, but still, I'd love it

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

eviltastic posted:

I think it's somehow more fitting that Jeb!, rather than getting no delegates, gets one by dint of a rounding error.

This is by far the most Jeb! thing possible.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Yamcha's power level is higher than Jeb's.

This scouter has to be broken!

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Probably Magic posted:

Trump is a bitch, and Hillary sucks, got it.

Hillary Clinton is loving great

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Tigntink posted:

Rubio thinks 3rd place is a win.

For a republican in Iowa it is, just ask president candidate Santorum

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Democrazy posted:

The word "bitch" is inherently sexist.

Fair, but I'm going to need a good replacement word for calling Trump a mangy dog.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

oystertoadfish posted:

how do the 1000+ democratic delegates handed out tonight get bunched together for the next round? has anybody bothered to figure out how many of those conventions have a majority of bernie delegates and how many a hillary majority? if the delegates ultimately showing up at the national convention were the issue here, that would be the next question

it's not though. it's all bragging rights and spin and momentum. hillary loses on that because she was the overdog and bernie's star continues to rise, but it's not a knockout blow for anyone obviously

I think people are just assuming mostly an even split, but you could go down and tabulate it up and see if any weird inconsistencies jump out.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Dude Oolong saved the world by wasting Emperor Pilaf's wish on panties instead of immortality, he's a goddamn hero and you will not compare him to Jeb

Of course, you're right. Roshi's Turtle was right there and I should have pounced.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

There he is! This thread just got good.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

Bhaal posted:

I'm confused, I tuned in and got a Rubio speech with a byline on CNN saying he won the republican caucus. But looking at the numbers Cruz is crushing both him and Trump.

He massively outperformed his polls, and so is declaring victory. In spite of coming in at what looks to be a close third.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Probably Magic posted:

Fair, but I'm going to need a good replacement word for calling Trump a mangy dog.

Cur.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
How did this turn into DBZ chat?

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Democrazy posted:

is ur face inherently ugly or did your mother tag you with a brick

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
chris matthews is dumb

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Tigntink posted:

goons

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

Bhaal posted:

I'm confused, I tuned in and got a Rubio speech with a byline on CNN saying he won the republican caucus. But looking at the numbers Cruz is crushing both him and Trump.

Rubio won the "people who aren't hated by the establishment" vote by coming in 3rd.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Democrazy posted:

human being

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Democrazy posted:

It's kind of problematic how Hillary's about to make Bernie her bitch tonight, then.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
i hope Clinton trips and falls on her boobs

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
Christ Matthews is a loving moron

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
All the :fsmug: people at the start of this thread calling it for Hillary by a landslide.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Tigntink posted:

Bernie closing in on SSJ2.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Dude Oolong saved the world by wasting Emperor Pilaf's wish on panties instead of immortality, he's a goddamn hero and you will not compare him to Jeb

Yajirobe also was equal to Goku at one point and helped defeat Vegeta. Comparing him to Jeb! is insulting.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Darth Windu posted:

i hope Clinton trips and falls on her boobs

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
It's gonna be Clinton-Rubio.

Sorry, y'all.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

oystertoadfish posted:

how do the 1000+ democratic delegates handed out tonight get bunched together for the next round? has anybody bothered to figure out how many of those conventions have a majority of bernie delegates and how many a hillary majority? if the delegates ultimately showing up at the national convention were the issue here, that would be the next question

it's not though. it's all bragging rights and spin and momentum. hillary loses on that because she was the overdog and bernie's star continues to rise, but it's not a knockout blow for anyone obviously

I think the consensus is that an Iowa loss, by however small of a margin is a bad omen for Bernie. If the young white liberal vote wasn't enough to win him a state with a very high proportion of young white liberals, then the odds are that it's not going to be able to win him much else.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Logikv9 posted:

chris matthews is dumb

Logikv9 posted:

chris matthews is dumb

Logikv9 posted:

chris matthews is dumb

Logikv9 posted:

chris matthews is dumb

Logikv9 posted:

chris matthews is dumb

Logikv9 posted:

chris matthews is dumb

Logikv9 posted:

chris matthews is dumb

Logikv9 posted:

chris matthews is dumb

Logikv9 posted:

chris matthews is dumb

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Chris Matthews is an idiot and it doesn't matter at all if Clinton loses by one or two delegate equivalents. The same is true the other way.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Bhaal posted:

Rubio is thinking (and probably with good reason) that Cruz beating Trump is more a reaction to Trump than an endorsement of Cruz. Rubio's strong showing makes him a viable candidate, and with Trump shown to be beatable, there is a good chance that the voters who went for the likes of Carson, Bush etc will transfer to him, and those who were in the Cruz camp purely as a reaction to Trump may now see him as the preferable option.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

THE VOTES GONNA MATTER

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
is Maddow a Sanders supporter?

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Winkie01 posted:

Christ Matthews is a loving moron

The word "moron" is inherently ableist.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Hilary is a f@cking lying slut

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
This has been the best causus, bloomberg polls were wrong, the real drama happened on the dems side, not the republican, the no-show rubio comes in third with good numbers

MY CUP RUNNETH OVER

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Yajirobe also was equal to Goku at one point and helped defeat Vegeta.

and he's the official bean daddy, which makes him vastly more important to others than Jeb ever has been

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.
As a Bernie supporter, I look forward to voting for Sanders in the primary and Clinton in the general.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Probably Magic posted:

Bernie closing in on SSJ2.

Super saiyan ? 2?

Honestly I only watched anime for a weird couple of years during puberty.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Tigntink posted:

Bernie=Goku
Hilary=Vegeta
Cruz=Frieza

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Spiros posted:

If bernie loses this by less than a percent of pollers, does he have sufficient momentum to still be in this or would it signal that he won't be competitive in states like Ohio and Florida?

Last I heard Sanders was the favorite in NH and a tie tonight probably won't hurt him much.

• Locked thread