Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Trump get stumped?
Yes
No
#FeelTheBern
Baby Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

gently caress da Mods posted:

90 r missing that's really nbd

The 90s were never good to Hillary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ya2xifdO_l0

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/694400311478210560

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Top City Homo posted:

Whoops!

oh oh

butterfingers

kill them all

Cap'n Crunch's Oops! All Caucuses!

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I doubt either captain will take great efforts to pursue these as it probably wouldn't change the overall result anyway.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Joementum posted:

The reason the Iowa DNC needed to have staff onside, I believe, is that only they would be authorized to use the Microsoft app WHICH NOBODY COULD HAVE SEEN WOULD BE AN ISSUE.

I can't wait to see what magic 2024 will bring us.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Remember when Al Gore distanced himself from a popular president? Remember when Kerry latched onto the Internet way too early? Remember when the DNC ever being competent?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
(Actually the uncounted precincts don't matter at all because these are all uncommitted delegates and the nomination is not going to hang on one delegate from Iowa.)

Minsky
May 23, 2001

I wouldn't have wanted this night to end any other way

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

Joementum posted:

Just to reiterate what I think has been made clear tonight: Caucuses own

Not when you've got 350 people in a room with under 150 chairs and oxygen for about 200 people for an hour and a half.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

not what I wanted to do

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Josh Lyman posted:

MSNBC saying 90 precincts weren't staffed by Iowa Dem party and now Sanders campaign being asked to help count votes.

Uh wait, are these the 90 that went missing?

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

GoatSeeGuy posted:

Not when you've got 350 people in a room with under 150 chairs and oxygen for about 200 people for an hour and a half.

So you've also been to a pro wrestling show

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Probably Magic posted:

Remember when Al Gore distanced himself from a popular president? Remember when Kerry latched onto the Internet way too early? Remember when the DNC ever being competent?

On the other hand: The Entire GOP.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Regardless of how much this actually matters (one delegate?) this guarantees Bernie won't be able to use winning Iowa (or not!) as a narrative

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Joementum posted:

Just to reiterate what I think has been made clear tonight: Caucuses own

Super own.

Though I really don't understand why the networks are still going with too close to call. It seams like the vast majority of outstanding precincts are in counties Clinton is winning by several percentage points.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Look, they're just in a hidden column in an excel sheet. I'm sure they'll turn up eventually and not be complete outliers from the rest of the state balloting.

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte

Probably Magic posted:

WHY ARE YOU DISLOYAL TO THE PARTY, CITIZEN. :911:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Venom Snake posted:

On the other hand: The Entire GOP.

Up until the past eight years, terrifyingly effective.

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
Has Hukary win?

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/111865251355570176

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Brannock posted:

Regardless of how much this actually matters (one delegate?) this guarantees Bernie won't be able to use winning Iowa (or not!) as a narrative

Neither of them can use winning as a narrative, they both can use 'I put up a hard fight and I don't intend to stop fighting' kinda poo poo though and functionally those are the exact same types of things to evoke this early on. As always, Iowa was a goddamn circus for very little results beyond giving us all nerdboners.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Currently 119 votes for "other" in the GOP caucuses and, oh yes, I definitely want the list of those "other"s.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/patcaldwell/status/694395720120430592

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

uncurable mlady posted:

As a total aside, hosed up about that bus thing this weekend huh?

Yeah, I heard about that! Did they catch any of the perpetrators? They did say they had videos and everything.

(Three black UAlbany students were attacked on the bus on the way back to campus Saturday morning)

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

It's not that the results are missing from those precincts. It's that the precincts themselves are missing. They've gone off to join Peaksville, Ohio in the cornfield.

It's GOOD that Anthony did that!

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Brannock posted:

Coming in at a tie is actually huge for him since well, he's going against someone who's been breaking shitloads of records for locking up endorsements. Like yeah even if he loses in the end he can say he stood up to HRC and gave a good fight. Said fight will also more than likely pull her to the left than had that duty been left to MOM (lol) so mission accomplished?

Probably Magic posted:

Up until the past eight years, terrifyingly effective.

what is GHWB and or the entire Clinton impeachment.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Hillary will be in prison before long.

Minsky
May 23, 2001

All right we're about to go live to Wolf for some new numbers

*same numbers*

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

While I'm happy for Bernie I don't think making this into a huge deal will pay off in the long run for 1 or 2 delegates.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Yeah, Hillary clawed her way up from the bottom.

https://twitter.com/peterdaou/status/694390563555131392

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
this seems right

1,660 of 1,681 precincts reporting
Last updated: 12:10 a.m.
Visit HuffPost Pollster for survey results from before the race.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
I'm sure a lot of you took my posts about caucuses being great tonight as sarcastic, but they were not. This is a much better process than letting states run it which all state parties should adopt.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I genuinely don't understand anything about the democratic caucus. Not these 90 "missing" precincts or how it makes sense that they represent 5% if 98% have reported. Not super delegates. Not whatever the hell "state represented delegates" are or whatever msnbc has been trying to explain all night about the numbers they were showing. Like, the DNC have me feeling like the biggest idiot in the world because I can't make heads or tails of how this poo poo works.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
It makes more sense now why its taking forever for some precincts.

At my precinct, we all showed up, someone said she was the temporary chair and its now time to nominate a permanent chair to run the caucus. She knew what she was doing, so we obviously picked her, and she carried on with all the rules and procedure on how to run it.

Now, imagine we all show up somewhere, sit down, 7 pm comes and goes, and we're uncomfortably staring at each other going "uhhh, now what?" Eventually someone tries to figure out how to run a caucus, maybe someone else protests because no one with any semblance of authority (even if temporary) came in here, and it ends in a total clusterfuck, everyone goes home, and no one calls the Iowa Democrat party with any results.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Venom Snake posted:

what is GHWB and or the entire Clinton impeachment.

Well, never said competent or moral. But those fuckers survived Watergate. They have insane rebound abilities.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Sometimes it's like freep except the format doesn't make my eyes bleed

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Joementum posted:

I'm sure a lot of you took my posts about caucuses being great tonight as sarcastic, but they were not. This is a much better process than letting states run it which all state parties should adopt.

Agreed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
Bernie Sanders has won the Iowa caucus

• Locked thread