Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Trump get stumped?
Yes
No
#FeelTheBern
Baby Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Reminder that Ron Paul actually absconded with all the Iowa votes 4 years ago because of paulites taking over the iowa gop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Clinton ahead by .2%

YAAAS.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

EugeneJ posted:

America needs to wait in line and pay their doctor $100 to get prescribed that Xanax

:colbert:

@ $200 per script or w/e

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

spoon0042 posted:

whatever is happening on msnbc is also hilarious

Yeah but when is that not true?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Corek posted:

Reminder that Ron Paul actually absconded with all the Iowa votes 4 years ago because of paulites taking over the iowa gop

Ron Paul is a literal fey folk so they really should have seen that coming.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Vox Nihili posted:

DNC now reporting itself for fraud, wait, DNC now accusing itself of making false accusation!

Wasn't it the Sanders campaign accusing the DNC of fraud?

(as an aside his campaign seems to love to accuse the DNC of fraud and foul play every time something doesn't go their way)

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Venom Snake posted:

Do delegates have to be human? Like could you replace them with roomba's with the candidates face taped on it.

THERE'S NO RULE SAYING A DOG CAN'T CAUCUS

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Look Around You posted:

(as an aside his campaign seems to love to accuse the DNC of fraud and foul play every time something doesn't go their way)

DNC initially contacted the Sanders campaign about the 90 precincts thing. No idea what's actually going on.

Sanders camp also says internal numbers show a 2 delegate lead, but that's another story entirely... maybe?

There are no actual fraud accusations fwiw.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

Abner Cadaver II posted:

i'm just now realizing how much more loving horrific a Cruz presidency is than any alternative. i don't like this feeling.

You're watching the Republican Party shake itself to pieces, like a washing machine with a brick in it. Also you're watching the Democratic Party do the same thing.

Valicious
Aug 16, 2010

Valicious posted:

What stream are you guys watching? I have MSNBC on, but quality is so bad that I can't even see numbers. CSPAN seems to be stuck three hours behind

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Northjayhawk posted:

If you take out the 3 precinct delegates Clinton won by a coin flip, Sanders would be up by 1 single precinct delegate right now.

If you take out the 3 precinct delegates Bernie won by hot chick bringing along guys trying to get some, Hillary would be up 4.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
What happens to O'Malley's delegates now that he's dropped out?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Look Around You posted:

As an aside I think you're full of poo poo

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Homework Explainer posted:

ben carson isn't going to win

Ben Carson is that weird benzo powder poo poo that is dosed by the microgram and takes a long time to hit so people triple-dose on it and lose four days of memory while ordering grand pianos to their apartments and getting fired from their jobs.

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

Now for something we can all enjoy! The front page of Reddit!

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

spoon0042 posted:

#microsoftrubiofraud is hilarious

Micro's so tru bio fraud?!?

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

skaboomizzy posted:

Ben Carson is that weird benzo powder poo poo that is dosed by the microgram and takes a long time to hit so people triple-dose on it and lose four days of memory while ordering grand pianos to their apartments and getting fired from their jobs.

just because that's how you saw me spend my saturday doesn't mean you need to share it with the forum

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Brannock posted:

They are forced to commit ritual suicide.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

You're watching the Republican Party shake itself to pieces, like a washing machine with a brick in it. Also you're watching the Democratic Party do the same thing.

in the one poll i've dug into at all, the % of democrats who were 'not ok with' a hillary nomination was like 14% (bernie's number was <10%). carson was at 12% among republicans, rubio like 15%, and most of the rest were in the 20s or 30s

its in my post history itt somewhere, i took a screen shot of the relevant parts of the results which are here
http://media.bloomberg.com/bb/avfile/r1OvZ1NeDjnY

we're kinda inhabiting one of the loci of tension within the democratic party here on this internet, but taken as a whole i think the republican party is under significantly greater tension in this primary season

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

skaboomizzy posted:

Christie is the drug that made that guy die in his car.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Brannock posted:

Sacrificed at the convention to appease the ghost of Andrew Jackson.

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

Bullfrog posted:

Now for something we can all enjoy! The front page of Reddit!

Oh, Reddit.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Hi there I treat the Iowa caucus like it's the general election because I just want to be on a team and cheer for the good guys instead of those mean old bad guys, I'm reddit.com, the front page of the internet.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Brannock posted:

They go to the county caucuses in March and can participate in electing delegates to the district caucuses.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
how do results get lost? here's some fun examples:

a precinct where literally no one showed up

a precinct where the chair didn't show up and so a random person who didn't understand caucus rules or caucus math simply had people vote for who they wanted and then never told anyone the result.

welcome to the iowa caucus!

Dr.Mrs.The Monarch
Aug 8, 2005

Obamunist Troll Bot: Built to bring a One World Government to the People
Lol, the democratic party isn't under pressure. There's just a lot of people who think it would be hilarious to see Hillary lose a primary she was supposed to be a shoe in for again.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Brannock posted:

I actually am curious about this. They just commit ritual suicide I assume?

edit:

Venom Snake posted:

Sacrificed at the convention to appease the ghost of Andrew Jackson.

Oh, so I was close!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

XboxPants posted:

they get branded and then released back into the wild

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

XboxPants posted:

Close. They commit suicide, but it isn't ritual.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Shinjobi posted:

As an aside I think you're full of poo poo

Cool.

I guess fraud was the wrong word to use there. Foul play seems to fit better. It takes some gall for a campaign's staff to save data they know they had no right to access and then accuse the party of rigging the election for Clinton and act like it was wrong when it suspended their access to further data until stuff got sorted out. And then to literally sue them over it two days later (btw the suit still hasn't been withdrawn).

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

In Nevada the caucus chair can be a volunteer from the Clinton or Sanders camp. So a Precinct Captain can pull double duty as a Captain AND as a chair - but they can't "openly advocate" for their candidate.

furiouskoala
Aug 4, 2007
Ben Carson is a very decent man who has done a lot of good in the world. It is sad to see him make a joke of himself in the political arena. The man has an upbringing which makes me think that he is really pretty similar to the common man. I wonder if he is on the spectrum, to realize that everyone who grows up poor can't become a great neurosurgeon through hard work. Sure, he has bad opinions, but who among us doesn't have a few relatives who are good people with terrible opinions? The only difference is that Carson has a big enough podium that he can air his bad opinions to the world.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
Please, someone link me to something about this Santorum supporter's pen dying. I need to see this.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

furiouskoala posted:

Ben Carson is a very decent man who has done a lot of good in the world. It is sad to see him make a joke of himself in the political arena. The man has an upbringing which makes me think that he is really pretty similar to the common man. I wonder if he is on the spectrum, to realize that everyone who grows up poor can't become a great neurosurgeon through hard work. Sure, he has bad opinions, but who among us doesn't have a few relatives who are good people with terrible opinions? The only difference is that Carson has a big enough podium that he can air his bad opinions to the world.

BRB registering as a Republican to vote for Carson

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Joementum posted:

They go to the county caucuses in March and can participate in electing delegates to the district caucuses.

given the dynamic where either bernie or hillary supporters will send a specific number of their supporters to o'malley to round the numbers so as to flip a delegate from their opponent to o'malley, how many of o'malley's delegates do you think literally crossed the floor for specifically that purpose? i suppose the 'hardcore' o'maniacs or whatever would probably choose one of their own, presumably whoever the ringleader had been from the beginning, instead of letting the floor-crossers take over entirely?

so it's really just up to the individuals themselves. individual politicking will take place, i suppose, as it always does, with nobody really paying attention because the symbolic victories at the precinct caucuses are worth more than the substantive victories at the county caucuses

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Narcissus1916 posted:

In Nevada the caucus chair can be a volunteer from the Clinton or Sanders camp. So a Precinct Captain can pull double duty as a Captain AND as a chair - but they can't "openly advocate" for their candidate.

Great system. Really great. Based on our excellent & well-established system of corporate governance, presumably.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

spoon0042 posted:

#microsoftrubiofraud is hilarious

https://twitter.com/AmericaHipple/status/694412159959302144

furiouskoala
Aug 4, 2007

feedmyleg posted:

BRB registering as a Republican to vote for Carson

There are at least 5 worse ways to go if you are voting in the Republican primary!

OrangeKing
Dec 5, 2002

They do play in October!
Make that a 5-0 lead in the coin tossing primary for Clinton: http://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...-flip/79680342/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphemism
Nov 16, 2015

be kind, don't rewind
im glad we did a democracy, see everyone in a week

• Locked thread