Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Trump get stumped?
Yes
No
#FeelTheBern
Baby Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
VR Native American
May 1, 2009
Gun Saliva
This is the stupidest poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Joementum posted:

Rachel seems confused that the state party can't reach the precinct chairs, but electing a precinct chair is part of the caucus, so that's entirely believable.

Again, I should mention that caucuses own

poo poo. If Maddow doesn't understand what's going on I have no hope. I was praying that she'd spend her entire show tomorrow explaining this poo poo so I might have a chance.

Now I'm going to have to hope for one of those YouTube cartoons that dumbs down political procedure by using animals and stick figures.

Minsky
May 23, 2001

I pray Sanders somehow wins by precisely 1 delegate, so that we can discuss in the dem primary thread whether the front runner Bernie Sanders can be challenged by fringe candidate Clinton.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

spoon0042 posted:

I'm all for making the primaries as convoluted as possible. At least as long as the electoral college is a thing.

like "it's a tie, and Bernie has opted for the PHYSICAL CHALLENGE!"

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

EugeneJ posted:

Hillary's going to be exposed for committing voter fraud

Holy gently caress - what an awesome night

It's literally 1 delegate, why would you ever make a fight over that.

misdirectomy
Feb 19, 2008

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Should have used some santorum. :v:

Excuse me sir. Why is there Santorum all over my caucus

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

It's going to be so sweet when, after Hillary's twho victory speeches and Bernie calling it a virtual tie, Bernie clutches it out by one point.

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!
i'm just now realizing how much more loving horrific a Cruz presidency is than any alternative. i don't like this feeling.

Dr.Mrs.The Monarch
Aug 8, 2005

Obamunist Troll Bot: Built to bring a One World Government to the People

spoon0042 posted:

The candidate has chosen Primary by combat and chosen MOM as his champion

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
This loving race.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Joementum posted:

Just to reiterate what I think has been made clear tonight: Caucuses own

Joementum posted:

I'm sure a lot of you took my posts about caucuses being great tonight as sarcastic, but they were not. This is a much better process than letting states run it which all state parties should adopt.

I wholeheartedly agree with both these points.

Craptacular! posted:

If Iowa is going to continue using a caucus, the Democrats have to start using the method that the GOP does.

Wrong.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

spoon0042 posted:

Hillary prays it's not a subway dash contest

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Campaign treasurer Floyd Mayweather was reported to be concerned with the rate of expenses.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Venom Snake posted:

Technically, it would be one "delegate equivalent". Whatever you want that to mean.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
The OCD part of my brain is kind of pissed off at Johnson County for still not being able to get their poo poo together on the GOP side.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
If you take out the 3 precinct delegates Clinton won by a coin flip, Sanders would be up by 1 single precinct delegate right now.

Valicious
Aug 16, 2010
What stream are you guys watching? I have MSNBC on, but quality is so bad that I can't even see numbers. CSPAN seems to be stuck three hours behind

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

imagine being one of the eight o'malley delegates at the state convention

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Abner Cadaver II posted:

i'm just now realizing how much more loving horrific a Cruz presidency is than any alternative. i don't like this feeling.

I've been trying so hard to avoid thinking about it. I'm not going to give in yet. Even Trump I can relate to, everyone can understand craven self-interest. I don't want to have to try to imagine what Cruz is thinking.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Northjayhawk posted:

If you take out the 3 precinct delegates Clinton won by a coin flip, Sanders would be up by 1 single precinct delegate right now.

Those were county delegates that isn't the same as a state equivalent delegate

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Venom Snake posted:

Because literally the only thing that matters about Iowa is the news stories coming out of it and the way it changes the respective campaign narratives?

I mean, I'm not saying they should, but the reason they would is the same reason as anything else they've done involving Iowa.

Minsky
May 23, 2001

Dr.Mrs.The Monarch posted:

whoever be his opponent, o'malley will make the bad man fly straight out the moon door

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Abner Cadaver II posted:

What, you don't like more endless unwinnable wars?

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Dr.Mrs.The Monarch posted:

* Jim Webb casually offs O'Malley with a grenade *

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I'm just using Huffingtonpost

Clinton 696
​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•
Sanders 693
​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•
O'Malley 8
∗ The Iowa Democratic Party doesn't report vote counts. It reports State Delegate Equivalents (SDEs), predictions of who will attend the state-wide party convention.

​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•
3 of 52 delegates in play in Iowa.
HuffPost counts unpledged delegates who have publicly stated their intent to vote for a candidate.
How we count delegates
1,671 of 1,681 precincts reporting
Last updated: 12:32 a.m.
Visit HuffPost Pollster for survey results from before the race.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

spoon0042 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzqvDpzPWVc

Get me mark summers IMMEDIATELY

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

This race seems so much more apocalyptic than even 2008, and that was coming off the Bush years. What happened? America needs a Xanax.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Bullfrog posted:

America needs a Xanax.

ben carson isn't going to win

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Joementum posted:

Technically, it would be one "delegate equivalent". Whatever you want that to mean.

Do delegates have to be human? Like could you replace them with roomba's with the candidates face taped on it.

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

XboxPants posted:

I've been trying so hard to avoid thinking about it. I'm not going to give in yet. Even Trump I can relate to, everyone can understand craven self-interest. I don't want to have to try to imagine what Cruz is thinking.

Cruz's mindscape is a Bosch hell as painted by Thomas Kincaid.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

XboxPants posted:

He's basically the religious charlatan dude from There Will Be Blood.

Minsky
May 23, 2001

I gotta get up in like 5 hours but I refuse to not see the final score

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Bullfrog posted:

This race seems so much more apocalyptic than even 2008, and that was coming off the Bush years. What happened? America needs a Xanax.

America needs to wait in line and pay their doctor $100 to get prescribed that Xanax

:colbert:

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Bullfrog posted:

This race seems so much more apocalyptic than even 2008, and that was coming off the Bush years. What happened? America needs a Xanax.:420:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

SirKibbles posted:

MSNBC reporting that the DNC is disputing the 90 precincts

DNC now reporting itself for fraud, wait, DNC now accusing itself of making false accusation!

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Abner Cadaver II posted:

Ted Cruz won't be president. The RNC itself sees Donald Trump as a more palatable alternative.

Valicious
Aug 16, 2010

Valicious posted:

What stream are you guys watching? I have MSNBC on, but quality is so bad that I can't even see numbers. CSPAN seems to be stuck three hours behind

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
#microsoftrubiofraud is hilarious

whatever is happening on msnbc is also hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I say we embrace this coin flip thing whole heartily while welcoming our new robot overlords by deciding primary delegate allocations via robot wars contests.

• Locked thread