Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Ixtlilton posted:

I think a conversation we should have is what keys do people use for their nades?

Mine are as follows:

4: HE
5: Smoke
T: Incendiary
F: Flashbang
Q: Decoy
I only have keys bound to buy them (2-5 on the Numpad for flash/smoke/he/molly respectively). Probably should bind use keys as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Mouse five binds gently caress my aim up because i hit the button fast and hard like a huge retard and offset my aim

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Dongicus posted:

Mouse five binds gently caress my aim up because i hit the button fast and hard like a huge retard and offset my aim

It's an old habit from 1.6 days. And besides, if you need to take out a nade at a time when you need precise control of your aim, you probably shouldn't be taking out a nade.

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

4 - he
f - flash
z - decoy
x - molly
c - smoke

e: i'm gnm so definitely better than you shitters. there is basically no reason to have radio commands bound unless you have a bot even then i get the other retards on the team to spam hold position

i was global elite before the ranks got hosed thanks valvo now i'm stuck in elo hell because my team is usually a bunch of flaming idiots who are deranking with 200+ ping from mexico.

my sens is 3.141592654 @ 400dpi using a zowie fuck1 on a 120hz monitor. my mousepad is a steelseries nip branded mousepad and i rarely clean it.

Rite Of Massage fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Feb 2, 2016

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

Ixtlilton posted:

I think a conversation we should have is what keys do people use for their nades?

Mine are as follows:

44: Flashbang
444: Smoke
4444: Decoy/Incendiary

Not joking.

Q is last weapon. T is 'inspect'. F is the 'your just bad' bind.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

Dongicus posted:

COUNTER-STRIKE: GLOBAL OFFENSIVE: MUH GOONMANZ

Counter-Strike: Globally Offensive - your just fag

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

I don't rebind nade keys, 44444444444444444444444444 all day.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

ArfJason posted:

burbo.....

Hey now it ran CSGO at a solid 15(?) FPS. Perfectly playable

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

I have binds set up for all my nades but can never break the habit of mashing 4 the desired amount of times. I have q set up to get out of scope by switching twice, but also can't break the habit of 3-1ing. At least don't use the scroll wheel like when I started...

Rosh
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's Wrong,
Something's Right
Nade keys? Don't you all have scroll wheels?

On a serious note.. anyone else use mouse3 (scrollwheel press) to reload? I don't remember which game got me started using this years ago but it's always made more sense to me than using R. Keeps all the gun interactions on the mouse, plus that frees up R near your other item selections if you want to use it for nades or whatever.

Edit: took too long to post.. sleppy beat me to the scroll wheel joke.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - prediction of a gypsy, and the prefire of a child holding down left click

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Dongicus posted:

This is why my mouse5 is set to reload.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

El Burbo posted:

Hey now it ran CSGO at a solid 15(?) FPS. Perfectly playable

*player model immediately comes to a halt when looking at the busy side of de_mist because your pc overheated*

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
seeing you suddenly stop playing and then find out because the game was running so bad was a highlight

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

ArfJason posted:

*player model immediately comes to a halt when looking at the busy side of de_mist because your pc overheated*

I don't know what it was about mist that turned my 15 fps into 2 fps. I guess it was probably the big open skybox.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

4 - HE
C - Flash
X - Smoke
Z - Molotov

I rarely use decoy nades unless I pick one up from a dead enemy or teammate.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

How do all you people who use z, x, c for nades handle the radio commands?

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

Naturally I just double-bind them to w,a,s, or d.

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!
I'm about to get laughed at, but my binds are so bog standard. Except that I bind F to voice chat, because back when I played UT2004, that was the default keybind for voice chat, and that's how my fingers learned.

I also usually use the scroll wheel for selecting weapons unless I'm trying to stage a nade so I can Q between it and my primary. I'm always afraid of getting my fingers out of alignment if I go for the number keys, but the alternative is picking the wrong weapon in the heat of battle, so :shrug:

What I guess I'm saying is my just bad.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

I use =, -, and \

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Ixtlilton posted:

Mine are as follows:

I use the same key for all of my nades and just toggle through them :grin:

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

The only radio command you need is z and that is to give the bot orders.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

the french radio command thats just "PISS" aas well as "woohoo" is important

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
All Hail Default Binds

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
No one ever posts their crosshair

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!

mcvey posted:

Someone showed a round one in one of their youtubes, and I stole it and colored it pink. I don't have it written down or anything, so if I ever lose it, I'm SOL.

But that's the one I'm using now because it rules. I can see it, it doesn't block what's behind it, and it's small enough to not be distracting.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

mcvey posted:

why should i post a singular magenta pixel

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

mcvey posted:

Do you like your crosshair with a gap?
How about an outline?
Fully visible or faded a bit?
Dot, no dot, or only dot?
How bout them fancy ones where they're only dynamic when shooting?
Do you think certain crosshairs work better with certain resolutions?

drat guys this has the potential to be 10 more pages worth of opinions right here.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

woodch posted:

I also usually use the scroll wheel for selecting weapons

Someone post that gif of the guy who spends 5 seconds rolling through his weapons to find the one he needs.

woodch posted:

my just bad.

your just bad.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

mcvey posted:

i'm using Krimz' crosshair.

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007
My game is glitched out with a circle cross hair. It's about medium distance head size and I've gotten really used to it. I added an outline for extra contrast. Hopefully whatever broke my cross hair never gets fixed.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
new OP this weekend. tell me what to put in / take out / change / kill yourself / get gud

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

Necc0 posted:

new OP this weekend. tell me what to put in / take out / change / kill yourself / get gud

memes

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Necc0 posted:

But Rainbow 6 just had a massive update. What game do I play dad?

Edit: Ohhh, not operation.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

The only operation they're going to give me is a vasectomy

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Replace all the crap in the OP with

mcvey posted:

Lower your sensitivity

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Would be cool and good if the new OP included links to nade tutorial videos for the more common competitive maps.

Also some copy-pasteable console commands for setting up a practice server.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

In the path to bettering myself at this game, I spent 2 or so hours loving around in offline Mirage and Inferno learning mollies, smokes, and pop flashes from a guide, and wow, I am an idiot for not doing this sooner. I knew two smokes for b site Inferno but that was nothing. I also discovered a better way to smoke Inferno spools area than the guide described, so yay?

The guide had me doing something like this:

Good for smoking off construction, I suppose, but hardly anything to do with spools. So I screwed around for a bit and found that I could also do this:

Now that's more like it. No visibility from spools and limited visibility for most of construction. I feel like a genius. Also, consider this my entry for crosshair judging.

symbolic fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Feb 3, 2016

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

Necc0 posted:

Put 'your just bad' somewhere in the title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

symbolic posted:

In the path to bettering myself at this game, I spent 2 or so hours loving around in offline Mirage and Inferno learning mollies, smokes, and pop flashes from a guide, and wow, I am an idiot for not doing this sooner. I knew two smokes for b site Inferno but that was nothing. I also discovered a better way to smoke Inferno spools area than the guide described, so yay?

The guide had me doing something like this:

Good for smoking off construction, I suppose, but hardly anything to do with spools. So I screwed around for a bit and found that I could also do this:

Now that's more like it. No visibility from spools and limited visibility for most of construction. I feel like a genius. Also, consider this my entry for crosshair judging.

In the exact same spot, if you aim between the two horizontal aerials and a few pixels to the left of the vertical aerial, you will smoke-off both spools and construction.

• Locked thread