Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tequila Ranger
Sep 11, 2004

host after host after host ...
I think IG88 uploading to the Death Star II mainframe in order to KILL ALL HUMANS is cool :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Tequila Ranger posted:

I think IG88 uploading to the Death Star II mainframe in order to KILL ALL HUMANS is cool :colbert:

Well, you're wrong

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Is the woman on the VI card actually a named character, or just some woman? IF just some woman it's gonna be my headcanon for Doni cause why not.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Some Numbers posted:

I really hope FFG releases pilot cards for Wraith Squadron.

Put Face as a PS6-7 that can mimic other pilot's abilities/EPTs at like range 2 or something :getin:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Some Numbers posted:

I really hope FFG releases pilot cards for Wraith Squadron.

Wes already has a card.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Sure, but Kell, Runt, Face and Phanan don't.

Nor does Lt Kettch.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

What about Horse Head Guy? Whatever his name was. Bo Shekk Horseman?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Otisburg posted:

What about Horse Head Guy? Whatever his name was. Bo Shekk Horseman?

That was Runt.

Technically, Hohass Ekwesh, but no one called him that.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
There was a bit in the Xwing Rogue Squadron book where they used an Ewok as a pilot or something.

But I don't care about that as a pilot card, I want some Uglies! A TIE cockpit with Y-Wing engines.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Ringo Star Get posted:

There was a bit in the Xwing Rogue Squadron book where they used an Ewok as a pilot or something.

But I don't care about that as a pilot card, I want some Uglies! A TIE cockpit with Y-Wing engines.

Wraith squadron. Lt. Kettch dammit.

He was a member of the squad

Yub Yub commander

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Ringo Star Get posted:

That's also from Wraith Squadron. Wedge pilots a TIE with a toy Ewok strapped to his flight suit.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

What's the canonical explanation of "Dutch" Vander? I a galaxy far, far away I assume there was no Space Netherlands?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
The EU is bad

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Otisburg posted:

I remember an EU story where Jabba sent "Slave Leia" up to Fett's room and he didn't act on the offer chiefly, because sex outside of wedlock is bad. I swear this is a real thing that I'm not making up.

What I'm saying here is that Disney did nothing wrong and you can still enjoy your stories about weirdo sex slavery, body horror monsters from beyond the stars, and succession struggles among three-eyed mutants as "Legends" tales.

Sy Snootles is his waifu

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Otisburg posted:

What's the canonical explanation of "Dutch" Vander? I a galaxy far, far away I assume there was no Space Netherlands?

Some dummy who wrote an early source book heard "Dutch" when his call sign is clearly "Hutch", and it stuck.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Ringo Star Get posted:

Rogue squadron is bad and dumb. Wraith squadron is cool and good. Easy to confuse the two, but please be mindful. :)

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Rogue Squadron 2 is one of the best stars war games ever and it's crime that there's no Space Buick in X Wing

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
Is there a squad builder that lets you track your collection, and also tells you what expansions you need to buy to complete that squad? It's hard figuring out what I need to buy as a new player.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"
I don't think there's somwthing that does both those things, but...

The uk builder lets you track your collection, though it doesn't do it perfectly and has a few bugs (if you use a card on the list and then remove it, it doesn't always credit it back, though it returns if you close and open the list) but works pretty well.

As for finding the cost of what you need for a list there's han shopped first.

I noticed a bug for this too that it doesn't seem to actually add the value of the large ship expansions for some reason, but still a neat tool.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Gerdalti posted:

Is there a squad builder that lets you track your collection, and also tells you what expansions you need to buy to complete that squad? It's hard figuring out what I need to buy as a new player.

http://xwing-builder.co.uk/ It also connects to facebook so you have easy access to what you need. :3: The collection part tells you what you have and what you can build, but the easier way to figure out what you need to buy is by searching for "Han Shopped First."

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.
So I wanted some acrylic templates and tokens but buying official ffg ones on ebay is ridiculously expensive. I also couldn't find any third party options that I liked so I designed a fairly minimalist set of tokens and got them laser cut myself. I'm pretty happy with the end result and I think it was probably cheaper than buying everything from someone else.

20 shields, 10 focus, 10 evades, 10 stress, 8 target locks, 4 ion, 4 crits, 4 tractor beams, 4 extra munitions, 3 cloaks, 2 can't fire, 2 ship markers, 1 of each major bomb (excluding clusters because they are bad) and a full set of templates including split range rulers.

KongGeorgeVII fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Feb 3, 2016

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Those are good and you should sell them.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Otisburg posted:

Someone make me a Vader helmet Target Lock token. Don't worry about numbers/colours, I'll never need to spend it .

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

kingcom posted:

Someone make me a Vader helmet Target Lock token. Don't worry about numbers/colours, I'll never need to spend it .

I feel you, but I've forgone the ATP bonus a couple times. Particularly blanking out at range 1.

E: Vader Lock would still be cool tho

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Feb 3, 2016

Von Humboldt
Jan 13, 2009

KongGeorgeVII posted:

(excluding clusters because they are bad)
I love the templates, but won't hear a word against Clusters. Those things are vicious if you can swing them onto a big ship, as I learned much to my chagrin. They also cover a pretty big part of the board if you can position them correctly.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Wow those look really cool. Really good job. I especially dig the design on the Connor Net and other bombs. Make more. Take Paypal. Mail internationally. Maybe profit.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

I will always recommend Yet Another Squad Builder https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/
You can log in with your google/facebook/twitter, set your collection, and anything you don't own will be red (and mousing over it will tell you what packs it comes in).

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.

Otisburg posted:

AndyElusive posted:

Wow those look really cool. Really good job. I especially dig the design on the Connor Net and other bombs. Make more. Take Paypal. Mail internationally. Maybe profit.

I'm not sure if the numbers work out if I try to sell them because I have to pay someone to actually make them, then the mark up to make it worth my time might be too great. If I had a laser cutter of my own or could sell enough of them to get a bulk discount it might make it worth it.

I might run some numbers to see how feasible it would be.

Out of interest, how much would you be willing to pay for the whole set? It has essentially everything you would need for any 100 point game.

Would you be more likely to buy things piecemeal instead of the whole set?

Von Humboldt posted:

I love the templates, but won't hear a word against Clusters. Those things are vicious if you can swing them onto a big ship, as I learned much to my chagrin. They also cover a pretty big part of the board if you can position them correctly.

Clusters cost 1 point more, don't do crits and only do 0.75 more expected damage over proximity mines if you manage to hit with all 3 templates, which in my experience is rare. You can also usually just barge through with a fast maneuver and only hit a single template which isn't that scary.

I feel like proximity mines are just more consistent.

Clusters also take a lot of space up on a piece of acrylic when you are trying to cram as many tokens as you can onto a single sheet. ;)

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

KongGeorgeVII posted:

Out of interest, how much would you be willing to pay for the whole set? It has essentially everything you would need for any 100 point game.

I'd be interested, although the shipping to Australia would probably kill me.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
So if there's a tournament going on in late March are they going to be using the Spring tourney kit? Basically did I lose my chance for alt-art C3P0?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Kai Tave posted:

So if there's a tournament going on in late March are they going to be using the Spring tourney kit? Basically did I lose my chance for alt-art C3P0?

It depends? Is it a "store championship" tournament? Those are still being run. I'm running one this weekend. There's another one in my area in a couple weeks.

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.

hooman posted:

I'd be interested, although the shipping to Australia would probably kill me.

You're in luck. I'm in Australia too :australia:

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Playing against 4 Y-Wings with TLTs and a stress robot is infuriating when you keep bumbling Soontir into range 2 you're flying 3 imperial aces.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Otisburg posted:

It depends? Is it a "store championship" tournament? Those are still being run. I'm running one this weekend. There's another one in my area in a couple weeks.

It is, yeah. Which reminds me I need to harass my buddy about it this weekend.

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.

Kai Tave posted:

It is, yeah. Which reminds me I need to harass my buddy about it this weekend.

If it is a store champs tournament they should still be using the store champs kit with C3-P0

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Hmmm...

The Emperor's Omega Whisper (99)

"Omega Leader" — TIE/fo Fighter 21
Juke 2
Comm Relay 3
Stealth Device 3
Ship Total: 29

"Whisper" — TIE Phantom 32
Veteran Instincts 1
Fire-Control System 2
Agent Kallus 2
Advanced Cloaking Device 4
Ship Total: 41

Omicron Group Pilot — Lambda-Class Shuttle 21
Emperor Palpatine 8

EnjoiThePureTrip
Apr 16, 2011

Otisburg posted:

Hmmm...

The Emperor's Omega Whisper (99)

"Omega Leader" — TIE/fo Fighter 21
Juke 2
Comm Relay 3
Stealth Device 3

"Whisper" — TIE Phantom 32
Veteran Instincts 1
Fire-Control System 2
Agent Kallus 2
Advanced Cloaking Device 4
Ship Total: 41

Omicron Group Pilot — Lambda-Class Shuttle 21
Emperor Palpatine 8

I run basically this same list except Sensor Jammer on Whisper instead of FCS and no Stealth Device on OL.

I love the list, and have yet to lose. Whisper is everyone's prime target and with Kallus + Sensor Jammer + Palp even if VI Poe is shooting there's a good chance no shots get through, and after he cloaks he's basically unhittable. Meanwhile, it gives OL free reign to do his thing.

EnjoiThePureTrip fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Feb 3, 2016

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

EnjoiThePureTrip posted:

I run basically this same list except Sensor Jammer on Whisper instead of FCS and no Stealth Device on OL.

I love the list, and have yet to lose. Whisper is everyone's prime target and with Kallus + Sensor Jammer + Palp even if VI Poe is shooting there's a good chance no shots get through, and after he cloaks he's basically unhittable. Meanwhile, it gives OL free reign to do his thing.

Question on this list: For Whisper, wouldn't Stygium Particle Accel be a better mod for durability? I haven't used Whisper so don't have any experience, myself.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Finster Dexter posted:

Question on this list: For Whisper, wouldn't Stygium Particle Accel be a better mod for durability? I haven't used Whisper so don't have any experience, myself.
Nah, whisper thrives with ACD, since if you get that focus you can use it immediately with a 4 dice evade: with stygium you have to spend one turn cloaking which means that you can potentially lose shots, ACD just allows you to keep doing an attack/cloak/decloak/attack flow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

Kai Tave posted:

Store Champs are scheduled Jan-March, eta on Spring Tourney Kit is April.

• Locked thread